• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Okay, I'm looking at Smogon's SD Bullet Punch Scizor set, and the EVs (252 Atk/ 224 Spe/ 32 HP) look iffy to me. Does Scizor really need that much speed?

Also, I plan to use:

Scizor @ Life Orb
    Adamant
    Technician
    EVs
    - Swords Dance
    - Bullet Punch
    - Brick Break
    - X-Scissor (May opt for Quick Attack, maybe)

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Okay, I'm looking at Smogon's SD Bullet Punch Scizor set, and the EVs (252 Atk/ 224 Spe/ 32 HP) look iffy to me. Does Scizor really need that much speed?

Also, I plan to use:

Scizor @ Life Orb
    Adamant
    Technician
    EVs
    - Swords Dance
    - Bullet Punch
    - Brick Break
    - X-Scissor (May opt for Quick Attack, maybe)

I run Roost on mine, lets it live longer and come out alive against stall teams.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Is there a moveset and EV for a Mixed Wall Dusknoir?

Dusknoir@Leftovers
    252 HP /76 DEF / 180 SP.DEF
    Careful Nature
    - Thunderpunch / Shadow Sneak / Earthquake
    - Fire Punch / Shadow Sneak/ Earthquake
    - Pain Split
    - Will-o-wisp

Pretty much =p.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    I was kind of missed earlier =/ I just need an EV spread for this buddy.

Raticate@Focus Sash
    Ability: Guts
    Nature: Jolly
    ~Quick Attack
    ~Sucker Punch
    ~Endeavor
    ~Super Fang

Years
    I was kind of missed earlier =/ I just need an EV spread for this buddy.

Raticate@Focus Sash
    Ability: Guts
    Nature: Jolly
    ~Quick Attack
    ~Sucker Punch
    ~Endeavor
    ~Super Fang
    You can go with:
    [ 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spd ]
    or
    [4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd ]

252 Spd only let's it outspeed other Raticates. There is nothing between 322 Spd and +Spd Base 95s. It really doesn't care about the extra 2 HP, so you can run 252/252 if you're making it in-game.

Airconditioning, you can either go with a bulky or fast set for Scizor, it really depends on your play style. To be honest, with 8 stat points, you'd be better off putting them in either Def, SDef or going all-out.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Dusknoir@Leftovers
    252 HP /76 DEF / 180 SP.DEF
    Careful Nature
    - Thunderpunch / Shadow Sneak / Earthquake
    - Fire Punch / Shadow Sneak/ Earthquake
    - Pain Split
    - Will-o-wisp

Pretty much =p.

what about one for Gengar?

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    I got a moveset for regigigas that I'm wondering if it'd work...(it's supposed to be a improved staller set...)
    Regigigas @ Leftovers/ Expert belt
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: (i need help with this....)
    Confuse ray
    Thunder wave
    Rock slide/ Iron head(platinuim only)/ Zen headbutt
    Focus punch/ Brick break/ Stone edge/ Earthquake/ Thunder, Ice or Fire punch
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Like Rascalrock, you parazlye with Thunder wave, then use Confuse ray (or vice-versa if you prefer)
    to make the foe unlikely to attack, then try to keep them from attacking more by making them flinch with Rock slide, Iron head or Zen headbutt.(Rock slide helps counter Gyarados, if you decide not to use Stone edge for your 2nd attack, Iron head has the most power [tied to Zen headbutt] & has 10% more of a chance to make the foe flinch than Zen headbutt, & Zen headbutt hits Infernape, Machamp & Heracross [the fighting-types you'll see most in OU, I belive] super-effectily, as well as Gengar.)
    For the "sweeping" attack, Focus punch is the most powerful 1, & it's have a good chance to work, since the foe most likely will either be too paralzyed to move, or hit itself in confusion.(plus, even with resisted hit, it'll put a large dent into any pokemon, as long slow start is gone & your foe is not a ghost) However, if you don't want to rely on paralzsis & confusion, use Brick break instead,of which has the bonus of breaking Reflect, as well as other screens. If you're worried about Electivire swicthing into Thunder wave, use Earthquake to nip it's naughty plans in the bud. If you're more worried about Gyarados, use Stone edge, of which will work agaist others treats that's weak to rock, like aerodactyl. Thunderpunch would do more damage to Gyarados, but Electivire may swicth into it...(if you insist on using Thunderpunch to attack water & flying type treats, make sure that your rival don't have Electivire, or elimate it first.) Ice punch is for Dragons, of which will be more fearsome on Platinuim, due to Outrage being avaible to them, & Fire punch is for Forretress, Scizor, Skarmory, Metagross & Bronzong of which I belive are all consdier to be top-tier pokemons...The item choice depend on what you like better: more survivability, or to counter treats better.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    I belive the EVs for Regigigas should be like this:
    It have enough defensive EVs to take at least 1 choice banded Close combat from Heracross,
    & 1 Focus blast from Gengar, (it then can ruin them with Zen headbutt[if you have it] & Thunder wave &/or Confuse ray)
    & the rest of the EVs should be focused into it's attack...

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    That's great. You set up your guaranteed rain, I'll go ahead and kill your flimsy lead. 6-5.

What's wrong with using Bronzong or Slowbro/king? They can set up Rain Dance, and actually survive to use it later.

EDIT: I forgot that suicide leads are in vogue right now, so you may get far. Who knows.

Pysncrono

Spriter / UU Battler
    Years
    airconditioning:
    Jolt sets up RD, dies. 6-5.
    Kingdra comes in, sets up and then sweeps in the 8 turns of rain.

Suicide works by making sure your sweeper gets in there with enought time to sweep, rather than waiting to die with 3 Raiin turns remaining. But for suicide RD, Electrode is th best with 140 Spe and Explosion.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Can somebody please give me a set for a leading Jolteon on my Rain Dance team? Thanks.

Jolteon@Damp Rock
    252 SPEED / 252 SP.ATT / 6 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Rain Dance
    - Thunder
    - Substitute
    - Baton pass

Something like this ? So it can at least do something after setting up rain X]

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    Bother.....I can't decide what Heatran moveset to use...
    But I did narrow the choices down:
    I don't like being choiced, because I feel that will leave me vulnerable,
    (besides that, my Heatran is modest, so that leaves out the scarf set)
    & I have a calm Cresselia I figure would be a equally good rest-talker,
    So I'm deciding between the taunt & burn support sets....
    which would counter the greater amout of treats?

Years
    Is there a moveset for a Mixed Wall Gengar?
    Just don't use Mixed Wall Gengar, because 60/60/75 is kind of lol for a Wall set, try these sets:

Gengar@Life Orb
    252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    Timid
    Shadow Ball
    Hidden Power Ice
    Thunderbolt
    Focus Blast

Gengar@Choice Scarf
    EV Spread and nature are the same as LO Gar
    Shadow Ball
    HP Ice / Trick
    Thunderbolt
    Focus Blast

You can use Specs if you want power, but Life Orb gives you the choice of all moves, Scarf is for revenge-killing stuff.

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
    Nincada help

I'm doing a nincada-only-run in sapphire and I need help. What nature and movesets should I get? I won't bother ev training it till later, so no help needed there.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Wow. Nincada run. The only good stat it has is a good base Def of 90. Unfortunately, 3 of its 4 weaknesses are special, which it has a pathetic base SDef of 30. Add to that a craptastic base HP of 31, and you are going to either have to level it up 30 more than your opponent, or this is going to take a while.

The moveset. Personally I would go with physical attacks since its base Atk is 45 while its SAtk is a paltry 30. In order to help bolster that pathetic base Atk, I would HIGHLY suggest Adamant Nature and max the heck out of its Atk EVs. I might put the rest in Spd, but that won't really help you outspeed any important. Might as well max out HP, which will strengthen both defenses somewhat. For the actual moves, I suggest the following:

- Dig
    - Shadow Ball
    - Silver Wind
    - Aerial Ace / Toxic

Normally, I would NEVER suggest Dig, but being part Ground-type this thing needs all the STAB it can get. Shadow Ball is basically there for the "elite" 4, but its high AP can help in other areas. Silver Wind is strictly for STAB and is an Egg move, so you will either need to breed before hand or go with something else. Aerial Ace does give more type coverage, but Toxic might be better for you since you will probably be popping various Potions like they were candy in an effort to outlive your opponent than trying to defeat them with attacks. Aerial Ace could replace Silver Wind, but you really want that second STAB attack.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back