• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

poliwrath10

Pokemon Dark World Owner
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2010
    Seriously , Feraligatr is a UU Gyarados , so use Gyarados over him , its rather that Feraligatr is good in UU while Gyarados is a superior choice than Feraligatr in OU

i know that but with shock wave on gyarados it take all life cause is water/flying pokemon so?

i tell shock wave cause is a non very powerfull attack

Leader Soulja Boy

Batesville Gym Leader
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 16, 2011
    i know that but with shock wave on gyarados it take all life cause is water/flying pokemon so?

i tell shock wave cause is a non very powerfull attack

Try Gyara you already have Quagsire to cover the electric weaknes and btw Quaggy and Salamence also have 4x weaknesses (to Grass and Ice) so ruling out Gyara based on his 4x weakness to Electric is bad. Maybe look into Swampert instead of Quagsire.

Leader Soulja Boy

Batesville Gym Leader
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 16, 2011
    ok, i'm completely new to competitive battling,so could someone please give me a basic setup?

Here are a few things to note about competitive Pokemon:
    1) Teams that worked in-game will mostly not work in the competitive field
    2) Most people battle using only Pokemon with perfect IVs (Individual Values)
    3) Since getting perfect IVs is a hassle in-game you can either download a battle simulator such as this one: https://shoddybattle.com/ or for in-game use cheat devices such as this program: https://projectpokemon.org/editing/pokesav/
    4) EVs are natures are essential to competitive battling

Here's the best most fair site for all your competitive battling needs.
    https://www.teamuber.net/

Please note if you are going to use Pokeav only do legal stuff. Don't use illegal moves, EV spreads, or the like.

Last edited by a moderator:

poliwrath10

Pokemon Dark World Owner
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2010
    ok i think i will change feraligatr with gyarados but what movesets should i use for remaining pokemons?

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016

i tell shock wave cause is a non very powerful attack
    But that is a pointless argument, I could say Ice Shard is a weak move and it kills Mence, that doesn't mean not to use it. You just switch out and avoid the Electric attack ;]

I'd honestly switch Gyarados >>> Ferliagatr, it is generally a superior sweeper plus you can use it as bait for Electvire's Motor Drive.

Gyarados @ Life Orb
    Nature : Adamant
    EV : 4 HP / 242 Atk / 252 Spe
    - Dragon Dance
    - Ice Fang / Stone Edge
    - Waterfall
    - Earthquake

Anyways with your team I think you'd benefit from Swampert >>> Quagsire as it's much bulkier amd make it your lead instead of Feraligatr. Something like this would work.

Swampert @ Leftovers
    Nature : Relaxed
    EV : 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Beam
    - Roar

Leader Soulja Boy

Batesville Gym Leader
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 16, 2011
    ok i think i will change feraligatr with gyarados but what movesets should i use for remaining pokemons?

Gyara wants to run Dragon Dance and Waterfall and Eartquake for coverage.

Salamence also wants to run Dragon Dance and Outrage or Dragon Claw if concerned about the confusion. Also you could try a MixMence and run Draco Meteor and Fire Blast/Flamethrower to scare enemy Ices.

Infernape usually wants moves like Close Combat and Flare Blitz and maybe also Thunderpunch. You could also try a MixNaopw with Fire Blast but I wouldn't use that personally. And have Ape hold Choice Band or you can opt for Life Orb if you dislike being choiced into one move.

Also I would suggest NOT leading with your set-up Pokemon. Use an Anti-Lead to start off the fight. Swampert leads fall to many Anti-Leads running Grass Knot.

No you fail

l to the o to the l
    Years
    what would be the best moveset and ev's for a leadape?

the one i use now is
    infernape@life orb
    adamant
    252 attack/252 speed/6 hp
    ~u-turn
    ~fake out
    ~mach punch
    ~flare blitz
    i don't know if i should give it sr instead of flare blitz

and i need a good curselax set.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    what would be the best moveset and ev's for a leadape?

the one i use now is
    infernape@life orb
    adamant
    252 attack/252 speed/6 hp
    ~u-turn
    ~fake out
    ~mach punch
    ~flare blitz
    i don't know if i should give it sr instead of flare blitz

SR benefits a team alot, I would honestly use this set over your one. It hits hard yet gets the rocks up and beats some common leads ;]

Infernape @ Focus Sash
    Nature : Naive
    EV : 64 Atk / 252 SpAtk / 192 Spe
    - Fake Out
    - Stealth Rock
    - Fire Blast
    - Close Combat

Fake Out if you suspect it has a Sash or in general Fake Out for some early damage then setup the rocks or smack them with Close Combat / Fire Blast.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday

Snorlax@leftovers
    168 HP / 120 Def / 220 SpD
    Careful nature
    Trait : Thick Fat
    - Curse
    - Body Slam
    - Fire Punch / Crunch / Earthquake
    - Rest / Selfdestruct

This set just doesnt work anymore though, its very much set up fodder. ~_~

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    Sucker Punch is Ideal since Honchkrow is relatively slow , and Physical Honchkrow is better than Special Honchkrow lol .

This LeadKrow is nice as you play with your opponent Mind Game :

Honchkrow @ Focus Sash
    Nature : Hasty / Naive
    Trait : Insomnia
    EVs : 224 Atk / 48 SpA / 236
    -Sucker Punch
    -Pursuit
    -Heat Wave
    -Superpower

Harumi-chan

L o v e . M e . H a t e . M e
    Years
    Sucker Punch is Ideal since Honchkrow is relatively slow , and Physical Honchkrow is better than Special Honchkrow lol .

This LeadKrow is nice as you play with your opponent Mind Game :

Honchkrow @ Focus Sash
    Nature : Hasty / Naive
    Trait : Insomnia
    EVs : 224 Atk / 48 SpA / 236
    -Sucker Punch
    -Pursuit
    -Heat Wave
    -Superpower

Yes I have and prefer Physical Krow better :3
    Alright, I'll change Dark Pulse to Sucker Punch, thank you for the help

VanillaThunderbolt

Generic User Title
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2012
    Hey, I'm making a NU team for the heck of it, and I'm wondering if this Medicham set is any good.
    [Pretty generic, true. But...]

Medicham @Salac Berry
    Pure Power
    Adamant
    76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Speed
    - Fake Out
    - Endure
    - Reversal
    - Bullet Punch
    Basic Endure / Reversal with a Salac Berry. Fake Out for entry lolz really, and Bullet Punch to ensure hitting first [since there is no ExtremeSpeed in NU], and Ghost coverage. 180 Speed EVs with Salac activated put it at 362 Speed, which juuuust outspeed Floatzel and Persian, the fastest NU Pokemon. I stuck 76 in HP... for no reason. I just saw no other place for them. I'm thinking about replacing Fake Out with something that hits Shedinja, and I can't decide between Fire Punch and Rock Slide. Suggestions?

Last edited:

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    Yes I have and prefer Physical Krow better :3
    Alright, I'll change Dark Pulse to Sucker Punch, thank you for the help

i also like my costome lead

honchkrow@focus sash
    adament nature
    superluck
    252atk/252spe/4hp
    night slash
    sucker punch
    taunt
    superpower

you taunt em, then you night slash em to get a crit, then when hang on with you sash you then sucker punch em(if they are faster

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey, I'm making a NU team for the heck of it, and I'm wondering if this Medicham set is any good.
    [Pretty generic, true. But...]

Medicham @Salac Berry
    Pure Power
    Adamant
    76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Speed
    - Fake Out
    - Endure
    - Reversal
    - Bullet Punch
    Basic Endure / Reversal with a Salac Berry. Fake Out for entry lolz really, and Bullet Punch to ensure hitting first [since there is no ExtremeSpeed in NU], and Ghost coverage. 180 Speed EVs with Salac activated put it at 362 Speed, which juuuust outspeed Floatzel and Persian, the fastest NU Pokemon. I stuck 76 in HP... for no reason. I just saw no other place for them. I'm thinking about replacing Fake Out with something that hits Shedinja, and I can't decide between Fire Punch and Rock Slide. Suggestions?

Skuntank (THE most used nu poke)(sucker Punch) and other priority is rife in nu along with weather and scarfers so reversal/f(l)ail sets are still a very poor option there.

Medicham@Life Orb
    252 ATT / 252 SPEED / 6 DEF
    Adamant Nature
    Trait : Pure Power
    - Fake Out
    - Bullet Punch
    - Brick Break
    - Zen Headbutt (Psycho Cut is illegal with BP/Fake Out)

Priority cham is your best bet there, its like a nu Technitop being able to keep alot of sweepers in check whilst being a powerfull wall breaker. That or use the standard scarfer.

Shedinja isnt an issue, you should have sr on your team lol

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Lulz lead krow doesnt work, it just doesnt. Too slow to be an effective anti lead tbh and even in UU there are better options you just dont stop leads accomplishing set up, which ANY good lead should do.

Best set is the LOer

Honchkrow@Life Orb / Choice Band
    252 ATT / 252 SPEED / 6 DEF
    Adamant Nature
    - Sucker Punch
    - Pursuit / Night Slash
    - Drill Peck
    - Super Power

The standard. Should be played as a revenge killer.

If you are using it in OU, you can use Heat Wave in the second slot and give it a ~48 sp.att evs and a Lonely Nature if you really want to hit Skarm/steels, but even then Super Power does a nice dent to most steels.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    im really unsure what item to give gyarados, i thought that lefties may be the better option cus intimidate and his great special defense will let him dragon dance lots, which item is better on dragon dance um gyarados lefties or life orb. Please, i must know

what moves should i give him

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back