• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    lol thanks for the advice,

should i keep my tangrowth at 252 hp, 252 Def, 4 speed,

or should i go back and retrain it so the spread is 252 Hp, 228 Def, 28 Spe.

i was in a wi-fi battle today,lvl 100, i didnt have a complete team, but i used tangrowth and scizor anyways (my only two ev trains,besides a shiny charizard which i got in a trade)

and tangrowth, took hits like crazy, i demolished his team, using the double powder moveset, only i used grass knot instead of power vine because my tangrowth is only lvl 39.
    BUt then he brought in ninetales, flamethrower=epic death of tangrowth

bottom line:should i keep it at 252 hp, 252 def, 4 spe,
    or change it to 252 Hp, 228 def, 28 speed?

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Jun 12, 2024
    lol thanks for the advice,

should i keep my tangrowth at 252 hp, 252 Def, 4 speed,

or should i go back and retrain it so the spread is 252 Hp, 228 Def, 28 Spe.

i was in a wi-fi battle today,lvl 100, i didnt have a complete team, but i used tangrowth and scizor anyways (my only two ev trains,besides a shiny charizard which i got in a trade)

and tangrowth, took hits like crazy, i demolished his team, using the double powder moveset, only i used grass knot instead of power vine because my tangrowth is only lvl 39.
    BUt then he brought in ninetales, flamethrower=epic death of tangrowth

bottom line:should i keep it at 252 hp, 252 def, 4 spe,
    or change it to 252 Hp, 228 def, 28 speed?
    252/228/28 is what I recommend as it is the suggested spread for the two best standard Tangrowth sets.

Eleventyseventy

But why is the rum gone?
    Years
    Espeon @Light Clay
    Timid 192 Speed 224 Hp 92 SpD
    Reflect - Light Screen - Psychic - Helping Hand/Wish

Espeon's defenses aren't exactly spectacular to set up both Reflect and Light Screen and live to tell the tale. So Wish could go in that last slot, but a Helping Hand might be better if you're planning on just suiciding Espeon to get defenses up, which isn't a bad idea.

Umbreon @Leftovers
    Sassy 252 Hp 200 Attack 56 SpD
    Curse - PayBack - Wish - Protect

Moonlight is nice to take advantage of weather, but this is a team! You have to be a team player, and that means Wish > Moonlight but er, Protect > Helping Hand. Lol go figure..

Jolteon @Petya Berry
    Modest 252 SpA 252 Speed
    T-Bolt/Discharge - Shadow Ball - Substitute - Hp(Grass)

Consider Discharge > T-Bolt for Double Battles.
    I forget.. does Discharge hit all pokemon on the field, including your team mate?
    You've got enough Pokemon that can Protect from it anyway.

Eevee @Focus Sash
    Adamant 252 Attack 252 Speed
    Flail - Protect - Helping Hand - Quick Attack

Okay I guess..
    Just watch out for T-Tar.

Vaporeon @Leftovers
    Bold 188 Hp 252 Def 68 Speed
    Wish - Yawn/Toxic - Ice Beam - Surf

Surf > Hydropump & Muddy Water =D True story..

Glaceon @Bright Powder
    Calm 208 Hp 252 SpA 48 Speed
    Ice Beam - Hp(Fighting) - Helping Hand - Protect

Bright Powder.. now that's just evil.
    But this is for PBR, so it's okay to be evil. ^^

Well, if you're able to use Eevee for anything, I'm sure your movesets don't need to be perfect. =P
    Comments in bold though.
    Team looks good. Lots of hands ready to help which shows some nice teamwork. xD
    Having Vappy set up rain wouldn't be a bad idea since you have no fire power, and then Jolts can run Thunder > Thunderbolt.
    Leafeon wouldn't be a bad addition to your team > Eevee.
    You could use a physical attacker that doesn't have to rely on flail, not to mention some defense.

heatman2477

think with your dipstick jimmy
    Years
    subpunch Raichu

can someone tell me why a subpunch raichu is so popular. i mean wouldn't another pokemon with subpunch be better. the reason i'm asking is cause it seems to be suggested alot and i don't play the meta-game.

d2m

Years
    So I wanted to make a gimmicky yet still usable team based around Sandstorm, but I have a feeling I'm doing it wrong...here's what I have so far:

Hippowdon@Lefties
    Impish
    6 HP
    252 Def
    252 Spec Def

Stealth Rock
    Crunch
    Slack Off
    Earthquake

Comments: Starter for SR and an all around tank.
    Gliscor@Bright Powder
    Sand Veil
    Adamant
    106 HP
    152 Attack
    252 Def

Aerial Ace
    Ice Fang
    Roost
    U-turn

Comments: Scouter and anti-fighting. Bright Powder + Sand Veil = lots of evasion and Aerial Ace and Ice fang let him do damage while U-Turn is handy for a quick escape and damage against Psychics.

Cacuturne@Brightpowder
    Naive
    6 HP
    252 Attack
    252 Speed

Sucker Punch
    Substitute
    Leech Seed
    Seed Bomb

Comments: I've been rocked by this build before (although I'm not sure on the EVs), Brightpowder and Sand Veil help it avoid damage enough to set up even if it's outspeeded, once it does it can sweep fairly well.

Empoleon
    Unsure of my setup.

I really do need a water type on the team, and with the Steel type making it resistant against the Sandstorm, this one fits the bill, however I'm unsure on how to build it. Right now I have it with Brick Break, Ice Beam, and 252 Def EVs but nothing else. It's going to be my anti-dragon sweeper and brick breaker, but I'm kind of unsure on how to finish him up.

Claydol@Lefties
    Calm
    252 HP
    252 Spec Def
    6 Def

Rapid Spin
    Light Screen
    Reflect (?)
    Explode

Commentary: My special sponge and rapid spinner...I like light screen as it covers most of my other guys having lax special defense, but I'm considering replacing Reflect with another offensive move so I don't get out-stalled, but I'm not really sure what...another Earthquake isn't really what I need.

My last slot is up in the air, I'm thinking Tyranitar for the 2nd Sand Stream and the sweeper factor, but I'm unsure which build to give him. Considering I'm Gyarados weak, I also considered Magnezone, but again unsure how to build him.

I'm still pretty new to this team building thing, especially with the EVs, so thanks in advance for the help.
    I've tried this rotating Emp builds and 6th team members, but I still haven't found anything that could be considered "good" (all my wins were the sub cacuturne sweeping) Any suggestions for a 6th member or good Empoleon? Also I'm terrible at EV spreads for pretty much everything so suggestions on those would be useful.

Also considering a Wish passing Jirachi for the last slot.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Yes. The technician ability didn't exist in Gen III.

great.............so the only for me to get techy Scizor in Platinum for my OU team is by capturing a techy Scyther in Platinum and finding someone to trade with?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    great.............so the only for me to get techy Scizor in Platinum for my OU team is by capturing a techy Scyther in Platinum and finding someone to trade with?

You can always deposit it into the GTS and take it back out :P That evolves it as well.

You can also just transfer a Scyther over and breed it for the correct nature/IVs and get the Technician ability

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    You can always deposit it into the GTS and take it back out :P That evolves it as well.

You can also just transfer a Scyther over and breed it for the correct nature/IVs and get the Technician ability

I would do that but i don't have that good of a wifi-access point>>

and where the..........................................nvm, i realized my sister got a NDS Lite for Christmas, XD

So i'll guess probably i'll catch one in Diamond that has Technician and breed the bastard until I get the right nature then trade him over to Platinum

Also, is there a probability between getting Swarm and Technician because it seems like i'm getting Swarm more than Technician

EDIT:

last question concerning this, I just wanna confirm this

i just hatched a Lvl 1 Scyther with Technician and The nature that I wanted, i know X-Scissor,Double Hit, Double Team and Night Slash

Now when I trade to Platinum and go to the Move Tutor, will it be able to remember Bullet Punch?

Last edited:

Detox

How much does a stat rise when a move such as Bulk Up , Calm Mind , Swords Dance, or Nasty Plot is used?Im ot talking about +1 or +2, I mean for example: Lets say my Machamp has 394 attack. After a bulk up (or something else) how much would it be, and how can I calculate it?

Years
    *0.25 if your stage is -6
    *0.285 if your stage is -5
    *0.33 if your stage is -4
    *0.40 if your stage is -3
    *0.50 if your stage is -2
    *0.66 if your stage is -1
    *1.00 if your stage is 0

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2010
    hi i wanted to know what would be the best guy for my team.my team is weavile dragonite hitmonlee rhyperior and gengar. when i battle my friend he uses a salamence and it always kills my team i dont like it i was thinking maybe i should add a froslass since its ice type and salamence is weak to ice but i need some help. please

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Dragonmastertim!

Give your Weavile Ice Shard and you'll utterly annihilate that Salamence =D Hitmonlee is worse than Heracross, so replace it, and Dragonite is outclassed by Salamence. Sorry if I'm making your team a little bit too bog standard =( Rhyperior sucks without Sandstorm, so replace it with Tyranitar. The last guy is up to you, I reccomend SOMETHING to reliably take Water and Ice attacks, like a Suicune.

Keahi

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
    Hello there, I'm deciding to put my Torterra, once I evolve my Turtwig into a WiFi battle and I don't know if this moveset works.

NAME: Torterra @ Leftovers
    LEVEL: 100
    EV's: 4 HP/ 252 ATK/ 252 SPD
    NATURE: Impish
    ATTACKS:
    1. Wood Hammer
    2. Earthquake
    3. Leech Seed
    4. Stealth Rock

PokemonBroski

I'm Back for Good!
    Years
    Request an Individual Moveset  / Incomplete Team Help Thread
    Roserade/Rose
    Level: 100
    Job: Annoyer
    Hold Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Nature: Jolly(-Sp.Attk +Spd)
    EV's 252 Spd/150 Def/108 Sp.Def
    -Spikes
    -Toxic/Toxic Spikes
    -Synthesis/Ingrain
    -Aromatherapy/Leaf Storm/Leech Seed

Toxic Spikes- Use toxic spikes to damage pokemon being switched out
    Toxic- Use to slowly kill the opposing pokemon
    Spikes- Same as toxic spikes
    Synthesis- Use to re-gain health
    Ingrain- Use to re-gain health
    Aromatherapy- Use to heal my status problems
    Leaf Storm- Use to attack the opponent
    Leech Seed- Use to take HP from the opponents team and re-gain my pokemons

Downside
    Toxic/Toxic Spikes- They both poison but it doesn't poison a pokemon thats out while I use this. Which one would be better overall??
    Synthesis/Ingrain- Synthesis would be really good to heal my pokemon but ingrain would be better but I can't switch out my pokemon which could also be bad. Which one I should choose will be decided by the people.
    Aromatherapy/Leaf Storm/Leech Seed- Aromatherapy would be nice so I don't have to switch out to heal my pokemon. Leaf Storm would be nice to have so I can attack the Opposing pokemon especially with the STAB. Leech Seed could also be better becuase it leeches HP of the other pokemon and adds it to my teams pokemon, but I don't know which one to decide.

What do you also think of my natures, EV's, Hold Item, and Ability.
    Just tell me everything thats wrong with my team and why, and also tell me which moves I should pick.
    I'm curious :)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back