• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Ehhh...haven't seen many of them as Gengar is usually a better Scarfer and they generally are used as counters for OU threats like Gyarados and Scizor but here is one I stole from Smogon.

Rotom-H @ Choice Scarf
    Nature : Modest(-Atk, +SpAtk)
    EV : 4 HP | 252 Special Attack | 252 Speed
    -Thunderbolt
    -Overheat
    -Shadow Ball/HP Ground
    -Trick

Good coverage and Trick screws Blissey up =)

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
    Request an Individual Moveset  / Incomplete Team Help Thread
    Roserade/Rose
    Level: 100
    Job: Annoyer
    Hold Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Nature: Jolly(-Sp.Attk +Spd)
    EV's 252 Spd/150 Def/108 Sp.Def
    -Toxic Spikes
    -Toxic/Spikes
    -Synthesis/Ingrain
    -Aromatherapy/Petal Dance/Leech Seed

Toxic Spikes- Use toxic spikes to damage pokemon being switched out
    Toxic- Use to slowly kill the opposing pokemon
    Spikes- Same as toxic spikes
    Synthesis- Use to re-gain health
    Ingrain- Use to re-gain health
    Aromatherapy- Use to heal my status problems
    Petal Dance- Use to attack the opponent
    Leech Seed- Use to take HP from the opponents team and re-gain my pokemons

Downside
    Toxic/Spikes- I already have Toxic Spikes so it might be useless but it might be worthless in the end. Toxic I might pick overall but I'm going to ask peoples opinions first
    Synthesis/Ingrain- Synthesis would be really good to heal my pokemon but ingrain would be better but I can't switch out my pokemon which could also be bad. Which one I should choose will be decided by the people.
    Aromatherapy/Petal Dance/Leech Seed- Aromatherapy would be nice so I don't have to switch out to heal my pokemon. Petal Dance would be nice to have so I can attack the Opposing pokemon especially with the STAB. Leech Seed could also be better becuase it leeches HP of the other pokemon and adds it to my teams pokemon, but I don't know which one to decide.

What do you also think of my natures, EV's, Hold Item, and Ability.
    Just tell me everything thats wrong with my team and why, and also tell me which moves I should pick.
    I'm curious :)
    1) Roserade should always use a Timid or Modest nature.
    2) Roserade is too frail to effectively use Aromatherapy.
    3) Petal Dance is horrible, your opponent can just switch in, say, Salamence and start Dragon Dancing up (and proceed to rape your team).

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    1) Roserade should always use a Timid or Modest nature.
    2) Roserade is too frail to effectively use Aromatherapy.
    3) Petal Dance is horrible, your opponent can just switch in, say, Salamence and start Dragon Dancing up (and proceed to rape your team).

Max Hp/SpD Roserade isn't OHKOed by Ludicolo's Ice Beam, so it isn't exactly frail.

I would run Aroma, T-Spikes, Sludge Bomb, and either Leech Seed or a powder. Calm Nature, Max Hp/ Max SpD.

CrazyCubone

isn't very crazy.
    Years
    OK, I need another Pokémon for my Pokémon Pearl team. I can't transfer from my GBA games yet.

Infernape
    Luxray
    Leafeon
    Golem
    Pelipper

I need another Pokémon. =)

F-F-Franklin

Metagross > Metagame
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2009
    Ehhh...haven't seen many of them as Gengar is usually a better Scarfer and they generally are used as counters for OU threats like Gyarados and Scizor but here is one I stole from Smogon.

Rotom-H @ Choice Scarf
    Nature : Modest(-Atk, +SpAtk)
    EV : 4 HP | 252 Special Attack | 252 Speed
    -Thunderbolt
    -Overheat
    -Shadow Ball/HP Ground
    -Trick

Good coverage and Trick screws Blissey up =)

Aren't the EVs more specific? thanks anyway.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2009
    Hmm...

Empoleon @ Leftovers, Rash [+SpA, -SpDef]
    156 HP, 252 SpA, 100 Spe
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Aqua Ring
    -Earthquake

or

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
    Adament (+Atk, -SpAtk) +4 HP, +252 Atk, +252 Spe
    -Earthquake
    -Substitute
    -Stone Edge
    -Ice Fang

??? :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2009
    Teams full sweeper (with one or two utility) or full stall?
    Some guides seem to say a balance team is good, where as others say focus on a stall team or a sweeper team, which is the way to go? hybrid or one purpose? And if one purpose is the focus could you list the needs for sweeper and stall teams? (eg. spiker, spinner, etc) I've looked around but can't find what I'm looking for.

Sandstorm or Hail team?
    I really like most the pokemon used in both hail and sandstorm strats, though I'm somewhat confused as to how they work (other then benefiting from sandstorm/hail). I know the hail team is centered around stalling, is this also true of sandstorm as well or sweeper teams also benefit greatly from these setups?

Last edited:

d2m

Years
    So I wanted to make a gimmicky yet still usable team based around Sandstorm, but I have a feeling I'm doing it wrong...here's what I have so far:

Hippowdon@Lefties
    Impish
    6 HP
    252 Def
    252 Spec Def

Stealth Rock
    Crunch
    Slack Off
    Earthquake

Comments: Starter for SR and an all around tank.
    Gliscor@Bright Powder
    Sand Veil
    Adamant
    106 HP
    152 Attack
    252 Def

Aerial Ace
    Ice Fang
    Roost
    U-turn

Comments: Scouter and anti-fighting. Bright Powder + Sand Veil = lots of evasion and Aerial Ace and Ice fang let him do damage while U-Turn is handy for a quick escape and damage against Psychics.

Cacuturne@Brightpowder
    Naive
    6 HP
    252 Attack
    252 Speed

Sucker Punch
    Substitute
    Leech Seed
    Seed Bomb

Comments: I've been rocked by this build before (although I'm not sure on the EVs), Brightpowder and Sand Veil help it avoid damage enough to set up even if it's outspeeded, once it does it can sweep fairly well.

Empoleon
    Unsure of my setup.

I really do need a water type on the team, and with the Steel type making it resistant against the Sandstorm, this one fits the bill, however I'm unsure on how to build it. Right now I have it with Brick Break, Ice Beam, and 252 Def EVs but nothing else. It's going to be my anti-dragon sweeper and brick breaker, but I'm kind of unsure on how to finish him up.

Claydol@Lefties
    Calm
    252 HP
    252 Spec Def
    6 Def

Rapid Spin
    Light Screen
    Reflect (?)
    Explode

Commentary: My special sponge and rapid spinner...I like light screen as it covers most of my other guys having lax special defense, but I'm considering replacing Reflect with another offensive move so I don't get out-stalled, but I'm not really sure what...another Earthquake isn't really what I need.

My last slot is up in the air, I'm thinking Tyranitar for the 2nd Sand Stream and the sweeper factor, but I'm unsure which build to give him. Considering I'm Gyarados weak, I also considered Magnezone, but again unsure how to build him.

I'm still pretty new to this team building thing, especially with the EVs, so thanks in advance for the help.

Update: I replaced Claydol with Dusknoir, Empoleon with Swampert, and have rotated Magnezone, Lucario, and Scizor in the last slot with varying movesets/EVs with varying degrees of success. I've noticed 2 problems: Gyarados weak and walled to hell by Skarmory (without Magnezone) and Heatran. Any suggestions on fixing this?

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Empoleon could run the Agility/Three Attacks set.

Empoleon@ Life Orb
    Nature : Modest(-Atk,+SpAtk)
    EV : 40 HP | 252 Special Attack | 216 Speed

-Grass Knot
    -Hydro Pump/Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Agility

Rapes alot of teams now because its new to OU but works very well.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Here's a question. (Since I've been absent for some time now)

What's the metagame like nowadays?

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Teams full sweeper (with one or two utility) or full stall?
    Some guides seem to say a balance team is good, where as others say focus on a stall team or a sweeper team, which is the way to go? hybrid or one purpose? And if one purpose is the focus could you list the needs for sweeper and stall teams? (eg. spiker, spinner, etc) I've looked around but can't find what I'm looking for.
    Depends on you, in my opinion. Do you like to drag things out and toy around someone blocking shots with bricks or do you want to be a freaking blitzkrieg and throw all the bricks? :D Bad way to put it, maybe. I would say heavy offense is more reliable, but that's really bias on my part. I've had plenty of success with offensive teams. Others tend to do well with stall. Take out shoddy and test both if you're stuck after all.

Balance? Eh, I'm not completely fond of it anymore. I think it should be one of the extremes, not the middle man. The needs for a sweeper team? Ability to lure out a Pocket Monster that stands in the way of your assault. For... a classic example, Heatran that lured Blissey and used Explosion on the switch-in for their special sweeper to devour the opponent's team. It really relies on resistances and immunities, too. Prediction is how offensive teams thrive.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Balance teams are dead. They almost never work. Full out offense or Stall is the way to go in the current metagame.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Since i've had Platinum i've been trying to EV Traing my 3 pokemon but i made some mistakes, is it better to wait after i beat the game then

use the 6 special EV berries to drain their EVs back to Zero then start over?

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Since i've had Platinum i've been trying to EV Traing my 3 pokemon but i made some mistakes, is it better to wait after i beat the game then

use the 6 special EV berries to drain their EVs back to Zero then start over?
    Yeah, I guess. That's why you don't EV your Pokemon in-game; wait until you finish.

#21 Pomeg Berry (HP)
    #22 Kelpsy Berry (Atk)
    #23 Qualot Berry (Def)
    #24 Hondew Berry (SpA)
    #25 Grepa Berry (SpD)
    #26 Tamato Berry (Spe)

^ is the list of EV reducing berries.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Yeah, I guess. That's why you don't EV your Pokemon in-game; wait until you finish.

#21 Pomeg Berry (HP)
    #22 Kelpsy Berry (Atk)
    #23 Qualot Berry (Def)
    #24 Hondew Berry (SpA)
    #25 Grepa Berry (SpD)
    #26 Tamato Berry (Spe)

^ is the list of EV reducing berries.

Thanks, that makes things a whole lot easier

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back