• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeller

Yearning for Learning
    Years
    Does STAB take effect before or after held items effects? How does that work with held items?

I have a Metagross with meteor mash (steel) so it should get STAB, right? Then it's holding an iron-plate. What gets boosted first? His base steel attack power, then STAB adds 50% of that, or vise versa?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Is HP Fighting good for a Bold Zapdos?

I wasn't SRing for a Zapdos, but got lucky with the Bold nature and found out that it also has HP Fighting 63 recently.

steelcurtain10

Pokemon Platinum Fanatic
    Years
    • Ca
    • Seen Apr 1, 2010
    I have an Incomplete team, the real good pokemon I have so far is weavile,my Physical Sweeper!
    I need some pointers on what good pokemon I could use for the other positions.
    Phy.wall
    Sp.Sweeper
    Sp.wall
    Annoyer
    Baton passer
    Please either pm me on help or reply to this message.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    I have an Incomplete team, the real good pokemon I have so far is weavile,my Physical Sweeper!
    I need some pointers on what good pokemon I could use for the other positions.
    Phy.wall
    Sp.Sweeper
    Sp.wall
    Annoyer
    Baton passer
    Please either pm me on help or reply to this message.

Smogon will be your best resource here, giving you common movesets for plenty of Pokemon, along with the proper natures, EVs, and IVs (When applicable).

By the way, Weavile is metagame weak, don't use it unless you are obsessive about it :P

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
    K so I just caught a Moltres with a Hasty Nature and the following IV's

HP:2
    Attack:27
    Defense:25
    Sp.Attack:7
    Sp.Def:30
    Speed:30
    Hidden Power [Bug]: 67 power

Yes, I know the special attack leaves a lot to be desired, but with IV's like those letting it go to waste is just something I can't do. I'm thinking Specs for it's Sp.Attack, but I need a fourth move. This is what I got:

Moltres@Choice Specs**Charizard
    Nature: Hasty
    Ability: Pressure
    Ev's: 252 Speed, 252 Sp. Attack, 4 HP
    ~Overheat
    ~Air Slash
    ~Hidden Power [Bug] (Assuming TTar has flawless Sp.Def and HP this thing is still a guarenteed 2HKO meaning I can catch it on the switch and finish it off.)
    ~???

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    K so I just caught a Moltres with a Hasty Nature and the following IV's

HP:2
    Attack:27
    Defense:25
    Sp.Attack:7
    Sp.Def:30
    Speed:30
    Hidden Power [Bug]: 67 power

Yes, I know the special attack leaves a lot to be desired, but with IV's like those letting it go to waste is just something I can't do. I'm thinking Specs for it's Sp.Attack, but I need a fourth move. This is what I got:

Moltres@Choice Specs**Charizard
    Nature: Hasty
    Ability: Pressure
    Ev's: 252 Speed, 252 Sp. Attack, 4 HP
    ~Overheat
    ~Air Slash
    ~Hidden Power [Bug] (Assuming TTar has flawless Sp.Def and HP this thing is still a guarenteed 2HKO meaning I can catch it on the switch and finish it off.)
    ~???

Yeah, HP Bug pretty much useless. Plus, you want either a Timid or Modest Nature: Dropping it's SpD (I think) isn't helping it much. Plus, unless you are absolutely POSITIVE that the opposing team has a Tar, it is even more useless.

Unless you have saved already, I'd keep resetting :P

BUT if you are adamant on using this, then you can use U-Turn to scout, Sleep Talk to absorb a Sleep status, or Flamethrower if you want to use it late-game without the SpA drop

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    Is HP Fighting good for a Bold Zapdos?

I wasn't SRing for a Zapdos, but got lucky with the Bold nature and found out that it also has HP Fighting 63 recently.

I suppose that could work well. Hits Heatran, Magnezone, T-Tar, and Lucario for Super-Effective damage to name a few (Although you can hit Magnezone and Lucario with Heat Wave too :P)

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    How do I get Spore on Smeargle? Everytime I try it learns the move used against it when it wakes up...
    Double battle with Breloom / Parasect, of course.

Does STAB take effect before or after held items effects? How does that work with held items?

I have a Metagross with meteor mash (steel) so it should get STAB, right? Then it's holding an iron-plate. What gets boosted first? His base steel attack power, then STAB adds 50% of that, or vise versa?
    100 x 1.5 x 1.2 = 180 Power

It shouldn't be holding an Iron Plate in the first place though. There are much better items.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    This would be the section of the forum to put a Rate My Team thread right?

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Could I request a Mamoswine with the bulkiest ev spread possible, that can still OHKO salamence and Dragonite with ice shard?

According to my calcs (using metalkids DC), an adamant mamoswin can do the following to dragonite/mence with 4HP and a neutral natre:

Stealth Rock in play+No attack EVs: OHKO on both
    Life Orb+ No attack EVs: OHKO on both
    No item, No SR and 152 attack EVs: OHKO on salamence
    Life Orb+Stealth Rock+No attack EVs= OHKO on salamence after intimidate

Those are pretty much all the garenteed KOs I could find, although dragonite risks being KO'd from ice shard with 152 EVs and above.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    Do people think that scyther makes a good baton passer?

If you are in UU or even OU, its weakness to Stealth Rock can hinder its ablility to switch in and get off the necessary moves. If there is no SR, however, it could do some good. Same goes for Ninjask as the above stated (Same types and all)

what does Revenge Killer mean? and what does role play?

A Revenge Killer is a Pokemon that comes in after one of their own Pokemon are taken out, and they usually carry a Choice Scarf (Most of the time) for the speed boost, as they are meant to switch in and out anyways, so being locked into one move doesn't have much of an effect.

Another common revenge killing tactic is the use of Pursuit on previously weakened Pokemon, so if they choose the switch out, they are hurt...BADLY.

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
    Years
    i ve traind a masquirain

moveset
    ice beam
    stun spore
    water pulse
    bug buzz

evs
    spatk 190
    speed 160
    def 160

is it good? can it be better?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    i ve traind a masquirain

moveset
    ice beam
    stun spore
    water pulse
    bug buzz

evs
    spatk 190
    speed 160
    def 160

is it good? can it be better?

First of all, you want to change the EV spread so that you have max EVs in Sp. Atk and Speed.

Second of all, Masquerain works best as a Life Orb or Choice Specs/Scarf Sweeper, so no moves like Stun Spore

Thirdly, Breed it so you can get good moves like Hydro Pump and use a different move set like this:
    - Hydro Pump [Powerful, takes out fires]
    - Ice Beam [Takes out dragons and flying etc.]
    - Bug Buzz [STAB move]
    - Shadow Ball/Air Slash [Filler move]

That's just the set for the Choice Specs/Scarf. There are more sets which include Stun Spore and Baton Passing and such. Just Experiment.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    Why is Absol so bad?!! I went through all the trouble of training an Abol and it came out perfect. It can't take a hit. I was hoping for something better. I have to settle for Dragonite. Just wanted to vent and ask a truely simple question.

Years
    Why is Absol so bad?!! I went through all the trouble of training an Abol and it came out perfect. It can't take a hit. I was hoping for something better. I have to settle for Dragonite. Just wanted to vent and ask a truely simple question.

Well, that entirely depends on the set you're using and how you're using it.

Judging from what you'll replace it with, you're likely playing OU. There's a reason it's not in OU. Low speed and lower defenses. Also, there's not much that it resists.

Also, "settling" for Dragonite? You're saying that as if you thought Absol would be better even though all of Dragonite's stats are higher than Absol's and there's the superior typing. Just stating my view on this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back