• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zuckerspatz

Gotta Help 'Em All!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    Brave = +Atk, - Spd
    Quiet = +Sp. Atk, - Spd

I guess, as Wolflare said, it really depends on which form you're going to use.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 11, 2010
    Definately the Origin Forme, just because I can use the other Forme in D/P.

Bulletproof

This time baby I'll be...
    Years

hmm, let us see here.

brave nature - + attack, - speed.
    quiet nature - + special attack, - speed.

so, if you want a physical movepool that will involve the pysical attacks, go for brave as it will power up your attack, but it shall mean that your giratina will be slower.

but if you want a special movepool, involving special attacks being used, then go for quiet as it really does the same as brave, making your giratina slower while improving the special attack.

basically;
    physical giratina - brave.
    special giratina - quiet.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 11, 2010
    hmm, let us see here.

brave nature - + attack, - speed.
    quiet nature - + special attack, - speed.

so, if you want a physical movepool that will involve the pysical attacks, go for brave as it will power up your attack, but it shall mean that your giratina will be slower.

but if you want a special movepool, involving special attacks being used, then go for quiet as it really does the same as brave, making your giratina slower while improving the special attack.

basically;
    physical giratina - brave.

special giratina - quiet.

Yeah I know all that, just not sure if it would be better to use a Physical one or Special.

Bulletproof

This time baby I'll be...
    Years
    Yeah I know all that, just not sure if it would be better to use a Physical one or Special.
    in my opinion, it would be better to go for special, as with it you get to use draco meteor and auro sphere, which are pretty much both important moves.

but all this is my opinion, it's down to you and it's fairly equal.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    in my opinion, it would be better to go for special, as with it you get to use draco meteor and auro sphere, which are pretty much both important moves.

but all this is my opinion, it's down to you and it's fairly equal.
    Yep. Although he does have Outrage, Earthquake, Shadow Force and Shadow Claw, but his special movepool is better overall, and has better coverage. Here shows a few movesets for him.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    It depends on the form. Do you want an attacker (Origin Forme) or one for defense (Altered)?

Also, would you rather have a Physical sweeper (Brave nature) or a Special Sweeper (Quiet nature)?

So, I'd say get an Altered Forme Giratina with the Brave stat, which will raise Physical attacks. Giratina also learns a lot of Physical moves. ^^

But, if you do want a Special Sweeper, go with Quiet.

Hope that helped you choose. =]

EDIT: Though, I'd say to choose Modest, personally, for a Special Sweeper and Adamant for a Physical Sweeper.
    EDIT EDIT: Accidentally mixed up the formes. No biggie.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    I've been thinking of a new lead that utilizes setting up stealth rocks and is not a suicidal lead or easily stopped. So I thought came to the conclusion: Stealth Rock,Trick and Choice Scarf combination on a pokemon. The only pokemon capable of this is Bronzong, Celebi, Azelf, Jirachi, and metagross.

I can rule out bronzong as even a heavy investment of speed evs and benefical nature only equals ~271; Not fast enough against other pokemon. Which just leaves the others. Could you look at my 4 moveset desicions and help me think of what could be changed and which is the best one to choose?

Azelf @ Choice Scarf
    Timid; 252 Spd/252 SpA/ 4 Hp
    Stealth Rock
    Trick
    Fire Blast
    Psychic

Pretty much a cross between a suicidal lead and trick scarf varient. Timid and 252 spd ensures it's at least even against other azelfs and that I can outrun scarfgar leads. Fire Blast and Psychic still cover pretty much all leads for neutral damage.

Celebi @ Choice Scarf
    Timid; 32 Spd/252 Hp/ 224 Def
    Stealth Rock
    Trick
    Thunder Wave
    Grass Knot

Timid and 32 Spd allows for celebi (with choice scarf) to outrun aerodactyl. Thunder Wave and Grass Knot allow for some support and offensive options later in the battle.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
    Timid Jolly; 36 Spd/ 252 SpA/ 224 Hp 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
    Stealth Rock
    Trick
    Flash Cannon Iron Head
    Thunderbolt U-Turn

Decent neutral damage to a large number of things. Speed outspeeds aero.

Metagross @ Choice Scarf
    Jolly; 252 Spd/ 252 Atk/ 4 Hp
    Stealth Rock
    Trick
    Meteor Mash
    Pursuit

Meteor Mash and Pursuit take care of a few pokemon that are leads. Azelf, tyranitar, etc.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    I forgot about serenes grace. Looks like I'll be running a set similar to the one on smogon then...

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
    Jolly; 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
    Trick
    Stealth Rock
    U-turn
    Iron Head

Although Jirachi would be a solid choice (probably jirachi > metagross). Wouldn't the surprise factor on metagross, celebi or Azelf be just as solid?

Just looking at the statics of smogon server for feb. 09. (and the month before) Jirachi was 40% of the time using choice scarf with the 4 moves I mentioned being the top 4 picks. And with jiarchi as a lead it wouldn't be too hard to guess this would be a trick varient. The other 3 had usages of trick under 10%. So using a lead like the other 3 would be surprising and more likely to work right?

BlueShadow

Banned
    Years
    Leafeon Moveset

Hi I want your opinion about the new moveset for my leafeon:

Leaf Blade
    Dig
    Swords Dance
    Synthesis

Item: Occa Berry(reduces damages of super-effective fire-type moves)

Please tell your opinion!

I forgot to metion that it is EV trained in Attack and it has an Adamant nature (+Attack, -Sp. Attack)

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Merged over to the Request a Moveset thread.
    ---

And ew, dig? D: Stay away from 2-turn moves if you know what's best for ya.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    Hi I want your opinion about the new moveset for my leafeon:

Leaf Blade
    Dig
    Swords Dance
    Synthesis

Item: Occa Berry(reduces damages of super-effective fire-type moves)

Please tell your opinion!

I forgot to metion that it is EV trained in Attack and it has an Adamant nature (+Attack, -Sp. Attack)

Standard SD Leafeon (Note, not so good in the OU Metagame):

Leafeon@Life Orb
    Jolly Nature
    252 Atk/252 Spe/4 Def
    Swords Dance
    Leaf Blade
    Return
    X-Scissor/Quick Attack/Synthesis

The first three are all Leafeon's best attacking options. That last slot is preference: X-Scissor for more coverage, Quick Attack to pick off weakened enemies, and Synthesis if you REALLY need the healing (Not recommended, Weather>Synthesis)

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2013
    Help with a team (OU)

I'm trying to choose 6 of the below pokemon (I can add things too, if I need some other role like a special wall for example). The only EV speads set in stone are Togekiss, Scizor, Gyarados, Gliscor, and Metagross. Also, if there are two options for a move slot help me pick one lol. :P

Typing this quickly now so ignore the lack of caps and stuff ;O

Scizor-Life orb
    32hp/252 atk/ 224 spe
    adamant
    technician
    -bullet punch
    -swords dance
    -superpower
    -roost/x-scissor

breloom-toxic orb
    44hp/252atk/212spe
    adamant
    poison heal
    -substitute
    -leech seed
    -focus punch
    -spore (seed bomb?)

alakazam-choice specs
    252 sp atk/252 spe/ 4 hp
    timid
    synchronize
    -psychic
    -focus blast
    -signal beam/shadow ball
    -energy ball/trick

dusknoir-leftovers
    252 hp/252def/6 sdef
    impish
    pressure
    -shadow punch
    -will-o-wisp
    -pain split
    -fire punch/thunderpunch

gengar-life orb
    252 spatk/252 spe/6hp
    timid (modest?)
    levitate
    -shadow ball
    -thunderbolt
    -focus blast
    -explosion

gliscor-leftovers
    252 hp/252def/6atk
    impish
    hyper cutter
    -earthquake
    -roost
    -ice fang/stone edge
    -stealth rock

gyarados-life orb
    252atk/252spe/6hp
    adamant
    intimidate
    -earthquake
    -waterfall
    -dragon dance
    -ice fang/stone edge

rhyperior-choice band/leftovers
    252atk/252spe(to outspeed skarmory)/6spdef
    adamant
    solid rock
    -earthquake
    -stone edge
    -aqua tail/avalanche
    -megahorn/curse

togekiss-leftovers
    252hp/252sdef/6def
    calm
    serene grace
    -thunder wave
    -roost
    -air slash
    -aura sphere

metagross-leftovers
    252 atk/104 spe/152 hp
    adamant
    clear body
    meteor mash
    earthquake
    agility
    thunderpunch

:)

Last edited:

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
    Hi, um I am new to competitive battles but I wanna start... Could you tell me if the following pokemon are okay for a team and maybe suggest some moves/movesets for them?

Kricketune
    Infernape
    Feraligatr
    Espeon
    Glaceon
    Flygon

Do the types clash too much?? I'd like some advice if you could give!!

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
    Hi, um I am new to competitive battles but I wanna start... Could you tell me if the following pokemon are okay for a team and maybe suggest some moves/movesets for them?

Kricketune
    Infernape
    Feraligatr
    Espeon
    Glaceon
    Flygon

Kricketune is horrible. Scizor does what he does much, much better (and with a strong priority move to boot!). Though, Choice Band Scizor is probably your best bet:
    Scizor @ Choice Band
    Techinician
    Adamant
    4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Bullet Punch
    U-Turn
    Pursuit
    Superpower

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years

Kricketune
    Infernape
    Feraligatr
    Espeon
    Glaceon
    Flygon

First off: Lol Kricketune. Never use it >.<

Overall, your best resource will be found here, at Smogon. You can look up your Pokemon with the most common effective movesets, natures, and EV spreads.

Your best tool here will be the use of Shoddy, a Pokemon simulator which can help you test teams that you make. It is pretty basic to use, so experiment away.

Now for your question: Do your types clash? Actually, not much at all. But seriously, kill Kricketune. NOW.

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
    Kricketune is horrible. Scizor does what he does much, much better (and with a strong priority move to boot!). Though, Choice Band Scizor is probably your best bet:
    Scizor @ Choice Band
    Techinician
    Adamant
    4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Bullet Punch
    U-Turn
    Pursuit
    Superpower

Thanks. I'll try to get a Scizor and raise it like that. ^^

First off: Lol Kricketune. Never use it >.<

Overall, your best resource will be found here, at Smogon. You can look up your Pokemon with the most common effective movesets, natures, and EV spreads.

Your best tool here will be the use of Shoddy, a Pokemon simulator which can help you test teams that you make. It is pretty basic to use, so experiment away.

Now for your question: Do your types clash? Actually, not much at all. But seriously, kill Kricketune. NOW.

Thanks for the help. I'll check out those resources you mentioned. And I'll take Kricketune off the team but... I'm not sure you can 'kill' a pokemon. XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back