• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2009
    Just a Quick Question please:

I'm currently making a Sandstorm team [OU] and have a glaringly obvious weakness to water, could anyone recommend a pokemon which could help?

Currently have Tyranboah, Shuckle, Forretress, Scizor. Was looking at Heatran, dugtrio etc but a half decent surf using pokemon is looking like it could full sweep my team :/

Quick Ideas anyone please?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Umm you do realize that ALL of your pokemon do not have to be immune to Sandstorm right on SS teams ? Making everything immune to it it a sure fire way to fail epically. 2/3 at most should be immune if that, heck it could be just T-Tar + 5 random things. Vary your types as you would with any normal team.

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    I'm planning on Baton Passing several Calm Minds (Nasty Plot would work better, but I don't plan on breeding another shiny Togekiss) to my shiny Cherrim along with sunlight and, if possible, a substitute. Now, would I get more mileage out of Togekiss or Mr. Mime? Would it be about the same? Don't worry about tiering, either. This is primarily for personal use.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    Hi guys its me leecher, i recently got a shuckle (shiny) 252 hp evs 252 sped evs 27 def iv 27 spd iv from pidge!! woot

but now i hit a rough spot this is what i needed:

Shuckle (Bright Powder)
    impish-252 hp / 208 Def / 48 Sped

Double Team
    Encore
    Toxic

Rest

i can live with the evs being different but! now i dont know what move to replace with encore and rest and should i or not? this shuckle is for battle tower..ok this is the shuckle i got at the moment

Shuckle (bright powder)
    impish-252 hp / 252 sped

toxic
    power trick
    gyro ball
    stealth rock

so what do u guys recommend?

First off, bright powder AND Double Team are banned, as they break the evasion clause in competitve battling. That, and Power Trick seriously fails. Use the standard one

Shuckle@Leftovers
    Gluttony
    Impish Nature
    252 HP/208 Def/48 SpD

• Encore
    • Rest
    • Knock Off/Stealth Rock
    • Toxic/Stealth Rock

Years
    Eek Help [UU]

Me and some friends have decided to have a Under Used battle tournament.
    Me being a major OU person, haven't the faintest idea how to make a UU team very well.
    So please help, all aspects appreciated! =3

~Magnus~

Platinum FC: 4683-5731-9795
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    I want a Team that has no more than 3 OUs and 0 Ubers with nice resistance so far i have a CRIT Physical Sweeper, Drapion...

Drapion @Scope Lens (UU CRIT Physical Sweeper)
    Sniper
    Jolly
    252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
    - Swords Dance
    - Night Slash
    - Cross Poison
    - Earthquake
    (also could change him to be a wall but i am unsure)

Maybe a Dark and/or Poison team? idk

Resistance Team Anyone?? HELP!

EDIT: Is Clefable a good choice with its resistance(to 0% so i guess immune) to in-direct attacks? or did i misread that effect? (No Physical Damage right?)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2009
    Umm you do realize that ALL of your pokemon do not have to be immune to Sandstorm right on SS teams ? Making everything immune to it it a sure fire way to fail epically. 2/3 at most should be immune if that, heck it could be just T-Tar + 5 random things. Vary your types as you would with any normal team.

Okay mate thanks, i think ill go for something a little different then :)

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I'm planning on Baton Passing several Calm Minds (Nasty Plot would work better, but I don't plan on breeding another shiny Togekiss) to my shiny Cherrim along with sunlight and, if possible, a substitute. Now, would I get more mileage out of Togekiss or Mr. Mime? Would it be about the same? Don't worry about tiering, either. This is primarily for personal use.

Togekiss has more all-around bulk and will probably get you more solid passes in.

I have downloaded a ROM base, however it is the format of IPS which i believe is basically a ptch which you can play, as its IPS it doesnt load in Advance Map and crashes when i try to play it, how do i get the tiles out of the rombase? im after the D/P tiles for Firered and i want to use Kyledoves (With permission and credit)

how do i get the tiles out of this IPS rom base?

Uhhh, wrong Q&A thread. This one is for competitive battling, not ROM hacking :O

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Resistance Team Anyone?? HELP!

EDIT: Is Clefable a good choice with its resistance(to 0% so i guess immune) to in-direct attacks? or did i misread that effect? (No Physical Damage right?)

Well, you've only provided one pokemon for your team, and we can't really build a team for you, as it would be quite counter-productive if you didn't like what someone suggested. You should have some idea about who you want to use before asking for help.

And Clefable only takes damage from direct attacks. So its immune to stuff like sandstorm, hail, poison and burn.

~Magnus~

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    So does it take damage from special attacks like Water Pulse cause its not direct...

and actually i had like 6 but they are 2 slow according to others....

(Rotom, Drapion, Gallade, Ludicolo, Heatran, and Flygon)

I also don't want OUs or Ubers or BLs at all if possible so that also is bad

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    So does it take damage from special attacks like Water Pulse cause its not direct...

and actually i had like 6 but they are 2 slow according to others....

(Rotom, Drapion, Gallade, Ludicolo, Heatran, and Flygon)

I also don't want OUs or Ubers or BLs at all if possible so that also is bad

Yes, it takes all direct damage, as in damage from any type of attack, physical or special.

~Magnus~

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Ok well can you suggest any non-OU, Uber, or BL Resistance pokemon? If they are good but are OU or BL thats ok too but meh.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Maybe it would help if you defined "resistance pokemon". Pokemon that have alot of resistance pokemon when used together or what ?

Anyways, Magnezone + Gyarados/Salamence resist every attacking type in the game iirc when used together. Celebi + Heatran resist alot too.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2009
    Heracross

Is This A Good Move Set-Up For A HERACOSS

Close Combat 5/5
    Swords Dance 30/30
    Brick Break 15/15
    Arial Ace 20/20

he is a lonely natured Lv 44 (im training him at the moment i know he learns megahorn on lv 55)

he is EV trained : Attack / Speed

I love HERACROSS ^^
    (but they are to had to find -_-)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Is This A Good Move Set-Up For A HERACOSS

Close Combat 5/5
    Swords Dance 30/30
    Brick Break 15/15
    Arial Ace 20/20

he is a lonely natured Lv 44 (im training him at the moment i know he learns megahorn on lv 55)

he is EV trained : Attack / Speed

I love HERACROSS ^^
    (but they are to had to find -_-)

Heracross@Life Orb
    Jolly Nature (+Speed, - Sp.Att)
    252 Attack / 252 speed / 6 hp
    Trait : Guts
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Megahorn
    - Stone Edge

2 Moves of the same type on each set = fail unless they server different purposes ENTIRELY. Aka Ice Shard for Priority + Ice Punch for Power on weavile.

Stone Edge has better coverage than Aerial Ace and hits fliers.

Use jolly,the ability to outspeed Gyarados and most Mixmence and things like neutral lucario is too great to pass up.

Levels are irrelevant because its assumed all your pokes are level 100.

~Magnus~

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Maybe it would help if you defined "resistance pokemon". Pokemon that have alot of resistance pokemon when used together or what ?

Anyways, Magnezone + Gyarados/Salamence resist every attacking type in the game iirc when used together. Celebi + Heatran resist alot too.

Things that are solo and having like 0% and 25% of damage or even 50% but i don't want OU or Uber or BL

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    what is the best SD lucario counter even after a sword dance ?

Well Salamence and to a lesser extent Gyarados check it thanks to intimidate and resistance to fighting just be careful of stone edge and ice punch (the former), along with Gengar because no one uses Bullet Punch anymore on Luke. A 216 speed jolly Gliscor can do it too because of its bulk. Nidoqueen works without Ice Punch, Weezing can do a decent job i guess, but is kinda meh otherwise. A faster Rotom is nifty to have around too. Spiritomb can burn it for something else. Scarfers such as Heatran, Metagross, Magnezone <insert scarfed steel> mess it up too being resistant to ES stop it sweeping additionally via either switching in on the SD or just plain revenge kill it.

308 speed or scarfed Fire Punch Jirachi is cool too being faster and resistant to Extremespeed or Jirachi can just plain sub on it so it lowers its own defenses with CC and you can then OHKO with Psychic. A faster HP Fire/Fight or Earth Power Celebi works nicely, if you ev it to OHKO and survive to hit. Specs Luke can revenge SD LUke too ironically thanks to vacuum wave.

Overall Lucario doesnt have many counters, but plenty of stuff that can revenge kill or plain just check it.

Syrynn

Writer of Tales
    Years
    Pokémon
    Ninetales

Item
    Wise Glasses

Nature
    Modest

Moveset

Flamethrower
    Energy Ball