• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2012
    This took me all day yesterday, but I think this is a good moveset for tyranitar in Platinum.

Tyranitar @ focus sash
    Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP, 252 Speed, 252 Attack
    -Crunch
    -Dragon Dance
    -Fire Punch
    -Thunder Punch

Not a single pokemon has a resistance to the three attacks. The focus sash prevents a OHKO from Scizor, vacuum wave, or mach punch. The fire punch OHKO's Scizor, and Jolly nature allows for one to outrun most other Pokmon with one Dragon Dance. What do you guys think?

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    This took me all day yesterday, but I think this is a good moveset for tyranitar in Platinum.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers / Babiri Berry / Life Orb
    Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP, 252 Speed, 252 Attack
    -Crunch
    -Dragon Dance
    -Stone Edge
    -Fire Punch / Aqua Tail

Not a single pokemon has a resistance to the three attacks. The focus sash prevents a OHKO from Scizor, vacuum wave, or mach punch. The fire punch OHKO's Scizor, and Jolly nature allows for one to outrun most other Pokmon with one Dragon Dance. What do you guys think?

Changes in bold. Tyranitar is waaaayyy too bulky for a focus sash. Plus, it loses to entry hazards. Leftovers is for recovery obviously, Babiri Berry is to protect you from Scizor Bullet Punches, and Life Orb is for extra power. He also needs his second STAB with Stone Edge, which is much more powerful than Tunder Punch. Fire Punch and Aqua Tail are for type coverage.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2012
    I had also heard about taunt, and it seems like a good idea to put on tyranitar. What would I replace?

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I had also heard about taunt, and it seems like a good idea to put on tyranitar. What would I replace?

Taunt on T-Tar? Only use that when you're using the lead set, which helps prevent him from being set up on, otherwise it's pretty worthless.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2012
    Oh, and before, I meant to say focus band. That way T-Tar is protected from Scizor, fighting, and other OHKOs.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    Alright... Ive just put together my first competative team, and I need some feedback:) Don't be to hard on me:C (BTW I dont have all of the items worked out so yeah... Any suggestions there would be appreciated!)

Lapras @ Leftovers
    ~Calm
    EV's: 170 HP, 170 SD, 170 Def
    -Toxic
    -Roar
    -Ice beam
    -Surf

Gengar @ Leftovers
    ~Hasty
    EV's: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 SA
    -Shadow Claw
    -Fire Punch
    -Hypnosis
    -Substitute

Heracross @ Choice Band
    ~Adament
    EV's: 140 HP, 100 Atk, 112 Def, 64 Spd, 90 SD
    -Megahorn
    -Rest
    -Sleep Talk
    -Night Slash

Aerodactyl @ Leftovers
    ~Jolly
    EV's: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
    -Stone Edge
    -Stealth Rock
    -Roost
    -Dragon Claw (Really don't know about this one.. Probably need a replacement move lol)

Heatran @ Leftovers
    ~Calm
    EV's: 170 SA, 170 SD, 85 HP, 85 Def
    -Sunny Day
    -Flamethrower
    -Solar Beam
    -Earth Power/ Will o' Wisp

Blissey @ Leftovers
    ~Bold
    EV's 88HP, 252 Def, 168 SA
    -Calm Mind
    -Thunderbolt
    -Psychic
    -Soft Boiled

I'm way noob to wifi, so I could definitely use some tips. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2012
    I would reccomend changing gengar to a special sweeper, therefore changing shadow claw to shadow ball etc. Also, blissey should be used as a special wall, and have more defensive moves, such as thunder wave, toxic etc. Otherwise, I think it looks decent.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    Cool, thanks! Yeah I was thinking about that (for the Gengar). The only reason I switched it to a physical sweeper, is because it's kind of uncommon. But ehh; if it doesn't work good, it wont matter. Lol. And the Blissey is a straight up Psypokes special. Haha.

It's a pretty unconventional way to use her, but with Serene Grace Thunder has a 60% chance to paralyze, and Psychic has a 20% chance to lower the foe's SD. I was thinking about substituting Thunder for Thunderbolt. But then that would make things.. well.. Chance-y.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2012
    Cool, thanks! Yeah I was thinking about that (for the Gengar). The only reason I switched it to a physical sweeper, is because it's kind of uncommon. But ehh; if it doesn't work good, it wont matter. Lol. And the Blissey is a straight up Psypokes special. Haha.

It's a pretty unconventional way to use her, but with Serene Grace Thunder has a 60% chance to paralyze, and Psychic has a 20% chance to lower the foe's SD. I was thinking about substituting Thunder for Thunderbolt. But then that would make things.. well.. Chance-y.

Yeah, I like to be original too, but Gengar's sp. attack is too high to ignore. Also, a personal favorite of mine is to use destiny bond on gengar in case a resistant sweeper comes in. It's not used as often.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    I know that if you switch in a flying-type (or a Poke with levitate) on T-spikes, it is unaffected, but if it uses Roost, will it then be poisoned, since it is no longer airborne?

Years
    No. Entry hazards only affect Pokemon when they enter the battle, not at all afterwards. That's why they are called entry hazards.

The only way Flying types/Pokemon with Levitate can be affected by entry hazards is to have Gravity active or have them holding an Iron Ball when they enter the battle.

Detox

I have a question about Cro{insert pokemon name here }

Whats the point of them? most of them look something like this...
    { Stat up move }
    Rest
    Sleep Talk
    { STAB move }

What does this help accomplish?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    I have a question about Cro{insert pokemon name here }

Whats the point of them? most of them look something like this...
    { Stat up move }
    Rest
    Sleep Talk
    { STAB move }

What does this help accomplish?

With Rest and Sleep Talk, the Pokemon can continually heal and get to use their stat-up move. With the STAB bonus and a few boosts, even the resisted hits will hit like a truck. Rest off the damage, and continue to attack.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back