• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Pokémon
    Ninetales

Item
    Wise Lense / Life Orb

Nature
    Timid

Moveset

Flamethrower / Fire Blast
    Energy Ball
    Nasty Plot
    Hypnosis

Changes in red.

Extrasensory offers no additional coverage and neither does dark pulse. Neutral Fire Blast hits things harder than a super effective Dark Pulse btw.

If you want to make Ninetails not inferior to things like Magmortar and even Houndoom, abuse its only advantages over them, aka being able to sleep your counter with Hypnosis and then Nasty Plot.

Wide lense is probably better to boost the accuracty of both Hypnosis and F-Blast. Although Life Orb mak help guarantee key ko's on bulkier things.

Yuo NEED Timid as speed is one of Ninetales biggest assets.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    life orb one with surf draco recover etc.

MixMence is probably your best bet. It has Draco Meteor and recovery as well, and isn't walled as easily. Dragonite can do the same thing, although not quite as well imo. There are also a ton of other options for other life orb sweepers.

Detox

How does one use a Dual Screen-Memento Latios correctly? I am confused as to how it works.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2012
    Platinum Tyranitar??

Tyranitar:

EVs: Speed-180 HP-76 Attack- 254

-Dragon Dance
    -Crunch (thinking of replacing)
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake

Being that I have Platinum, I know that there are new moves to Tyranitar. What would be a good replacement for crunch, possibly?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    How does one use a Dual Screen-Memento Latios correctly? I am confused as to how it works.

Set up both screens and then memento them..lol

It works better if you have a strategy to support it.

Dual Screen Latios ---> Baton pass/Rock Polish/Swords Dance/Taunt Gliscor--->Physical Sweeper (usually Metagross).

Basically by using Memento you guarantee Gliscor can set up as you force them to switch and when ev'd correctly all non stab Ice Beams are a 3hko under light screen on glis.

Detox

Kay, now another question lol, for you see I cannot keep up with Smogon. Is Deoxys-Speed Forme still on the suspect ladder?

Years
    What EVs should I get on my shiny Milotic?

Pokemon:
    Milotic

Item:
    Leftovers

Nature:Impish (It makes me sad inside)

Moveset:
    -Sleep Talk
    -Rest
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam

If an Impish Milotic is really that horrible, may I still be recommended EVs?

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    What EVs should I get on my shiny Milotic?

Pokemon:
    Milotic

Item:
    Leftovers

Nature:Impish (It makes me sad inside)

Moveset:
    -Sleep Talk
    -Rest
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam

If an Impish Milotic is really that horrible, may I still be recommended EVs?

No Impish nature please...Bold or modest are your best bet.

For a rest talk set:
    Milotic @ Leftovers
    Modest
    252 HP / 240 Defense / 16 Special Attack
    Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Surf
    Ice Beam / Toxic

rilari82

King of Rock!
    Years
    JIRACHI@Choice Scarf
    Timid
    252 Spe/252 Atk/ 4 HP
    Psychic
    Flash Cannon
    Thunderbolt
    Trick / Water Pulse

Ev's and Nature:
    My team is a team of SLOW pokemons, and for that reason 252 Speed and Timid Nature!
    Moves:
    Psychic and Flash: Great STAB boosted moves, thanks to JIRACHI great typing!
    Thunderbolt: Combined with Psychic and Flash Cannon, provides an excelent type coverage!
    Trick / Water Pulse: Self-Explanatory/ To kill fire-types who think can kill jirachi!

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    JIRACHI@Choice Scarf
    Timid
    252 Spe/252 Atk/ 4 HP
    Psychic
    Flash Cannon
    Thunderbolt
    Trick / Water Pulse

Ev's and Nature:
    My team is a team of SLOW pokemons, and for that reason 252 Speed and Timid Nature!
    Moves:
    Psychic and Flash: Great STAB boosted moves, thanks to JIRACHI great typing!
    Thunderbolt: Combined with Psychic and Flash Cannon, provides an excelent type coverage!
    Trick / Water Pulse: Self-Explanatory/ To kill fire-types who think can kill jirachi!

Drop Flash Cannon for Grass Knot. Steel moves have awful coverage, and that STAB boost isn't really doing much. Use Trick as well.

~Magnus~

Platinum FC: 4683-5731-9795
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    So far all i have for my RESISTANCE TEAM as candidates are...

Drapion
    Kingdra
    Skuntank
    Sableye
    Metagross
    Lanturn

These have only 1-2 200% types and 0 400% types (while they are taking the hit) if you know any more please tell me

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    So far all i have for my RESISTANCE TEAM as candidates are...

Drapion
    Kingdra
    Skuntank
    Sableye
    Metagross
    Lanturn

These have only 1-2 200% types and 0 400% types (while they are taking the hit) if you know any more please tell me

Just letting you know, most (if not all) teams rely on resistances and immunities to be effective. So technically, every team is a "resistance" team. So when you're building a team, it should, by definition, be able to take advantage of each members unique resistances and such.

That said, make sure you're picking the pokes that will be the most effective for their roles. Skuntank, Sableye and Lanturn are, for the most part, outclassed by OU counterparts.

~Magnus~

Platinum FC: 4683-5731-9795
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    s ive said i'm not playing OU Pokemon if possible...

Plus by resistance it means the Pokemon sololy resisted to as many as it can be...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back