• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjosh66

Romans 1:16
    Years
    EV Training Question

Is this post is in the wrong forum I apologize. I'm extremely new and thought this would fit well here.

I had hatched a Bold Natured Feebas and at level 2 became a Milotic. I've equipped it with a Power Belt to help raise Def. EV's and began fighting Geodudes. Milotic is now level 13 and has fought just about 70 Geodudes. (My Dragonite is holding EXP. Share) I really don't see any much of a difference than I would if I hadn't equipped the Power Belt on. It's Def. Stat as of now is 37. I'm having a hard time learning how this works.

If anybody wouldn't mind taking the time out to explain a few things about EV Training i'd greatly appreciate it. Thankyou in advance.

My Milotic knows Hypnosis, Surf, Refresh, and Water Pulse.

gee2k8

Slicker than your average
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 24, 2013
    Im after a quick competitive moveset for a Steelix.
    Note firstly that this is a shiny steelix and i will not be able to rebreed for a different nature or egg moves. thanks

Steelix
    Sassy Nature

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Im after a quick competitive moveset for a Steelix.
    Note firstly that this is a shiny steelix and i will not be able to rebreed for a different nature or egg moves. thanks

Steelix
    Sassy Nature

You can try a Curse set:

Steelix @ Leftovers/Occa Berry
    Sassy
    252 HP / 4 Attack / 252 Special Defense
    - Curse
    - Gyro Ball
    - Earthquake
    - Explosion

Occa Berry lets you survive a fire attack, but leftovers is fine too. Pretty simple strategy here, just come in on a weak physical attack and start cursing. Curse has the added bonus of powering up Gyro Ball with the speed cut. Earthquake is another good STAB, and a boosted Explosion should take something out.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Is this post is in the wrong forum I apologize. I'm extremely new and thought this would fit well here.

I had hatched a Bold Natured Feebas and at level 2 became a Milotic. I've equipped it with a Power Belt to help raise Def. EV's and began fighting Geodudes. Milotic is now level 13 and has fought just about 70 Geodudes. (My Dragonite is holding EXP. Share) I really don't see any much of a difference than I would if I hadn't equipped the Power Belt on. It's Def. Stat as of now is 37. I'm having a hard time learning how this works.

If anybody wouldn't mind taking the time out to explain a few things about EV Training i'd greatly appreciate it. Thankyou in advance.

My Milotic knows Hypnosis, Surf, Refresh, and Water Pulse.

Here is a quick and simple guide:

-The maximum number of Effort Values that a single Pokemon can gain overall is 510.
    -For every 4 Effort Values in a single stat, that stat will be raised by 1 extra point at Level 100.
    -The maximum number of Effort Values that a single Pokemon can gain in a single stat is 255. However, because the stat increase from Effort Values does not round, this number leaves 3 EVs "wasted".
    --Therefore, the practical maximum for a single stat is 252, with these EVs left over from two different stats often placed into a third stat to boost that stat by 1 point.
    -Stat points gained from Effort Values will not be as obvious at lower levels. However, as the Pokemon approaches Level 100, these will become easier to notice.

I would just like to note that, with a matching Power item equipped for each battle, your Milotic had already gained its maximum 255 Defense EVs long before you finished. In fact, the last 20 or so battles were completely wasted.

...Now, I would normally hate to do this, however I really would appreciate an answer to my previous question:

...Anyway, I also have a question: I plan on eventually breeding for a Togekiss, however as this is going to be done in the 4th Generation so that I can breed it with Nasty Plot, also giving it Body Slam is not exactly going to be viable. So, my question is, is the power difference between Secret Power and Body Slam really that much of a problem in the long run, even counting STAB?

EDIT: I also realize that Thunder Wave is a viable option, however I am going to be using this as somewhat of a scouting move, as well, and I have less of a problem with not affecting the two popular Ghost-types in Wi-Fi OU than I do with not affecting any of the popular Bulky Grounds.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
    Does anyone have a good moveset for a supportive Gliscor? I've seen lots of them online and I'm not sure which one to choose from.

I'm going to give it stealth rock for sure but I'm still thinking of the other moves...

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    Gliscor@Leftovers
    Nature: Impish
    Trait: Sand Veil
    EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Roost
    ~ Stealth Rock / Knock Off
    ~ Stone Edge / Aerial Ace

This is smogon's defensive set and it's probably my favorite of all the sets Gliscor is capable of pulling off. If you want a more supportive set, there is a Baton Pass set. Although...I don't really know how well it performs as I've never used it. >.<

Gliscor@Lum Berry/Yache Berry
    Nature: Timid
    Trait: Hyper Cutter
    EVs: 252 HP / 196 SpD / 60 Spe
    ~ Rock Polish
    ~ Swords Dance
    ~ Taunt
    ~ Baton Pass

So honestly, I don't know how it works. >.< So I'd suggest getting someone else's opinion on it. (I'd still go with the Defensive set though)

Gabrieldudenas

Is dazzled by shinies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2009
    Rain Dance is going to weaken Fire Fang, you should probably run the Mixed Set which works pretty well for Luxray and is basically what your set is trying to achieve.

Request an Individual Moveset  / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Luxray@ Life Orb
    Nature : Naive
    EV : 120 Atk / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
    -Thunderbolt
    -Ice Fang
    -HP Grass
    -Crunch

I'm sorry, but it's a shiny luxray, and I can't rebreed it to change IVs, Nature.

gee2k8

Slicker than your average
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 24, 2013
    You can try a Curse set:

Steelix @ Leftovers/Occa Berry
    Sassy
    252 HP / 4 Attack / 252 Special Defense
    - Curse
    - Gyro Ball
    - Earthquake
    - Explosion

Occa Berry lets you survive a fire attack, but leftovers is fine too. Pretty simple strategy here, just come in on a weak physical attack and start cursing. Curse has the added bonus of powering up Gyro Ball with the speed cut. Earthquake is another good STAB, and a boosted Explosion should take something out.

I appreciate the help thanks! i will try it.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Is this a good set I made it at the top of my head so....

Leafeon @ Leftovers
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 252 HP, 152 Def 100 Sp Def
    Ability:Leaf Guard

-Toxic
    -Protect
    -Leaf Blade
    -Swagger

Why These Moves:Toxic to slowly put on damage.Swagger to put on confustion and the extra Atk wont affect Sp.Sweepers or walls.Protect to Scout or to stall a turn and worsen toxic.Leaf Blade for Swampert and Taunters.

I relised this set can be switched with other Eeveelutions just change the STAB move and Nature

Do you think this set would work well in the UU metagame

natedogg

Ahhh, it's so hot...
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Nov 16, 2011
    Im trying to find a fast chioce bander for my UU team. Any suggestions? I have Sharpedo and Floatzel down. Which of these two are better for chioce banding.

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    Im trying to find a fast chioce bander for my UU team. Any suggestions? I have Sharpedo and Floatzel down. Which of these two are better for chioce banding.

Floatzel is generally a better attacker, but Sharpedo's Rough Skin can help out in rare situations. I have been trying out a Gorebyss myself as it has huge Sp.A and a good enough move pool.

natedogg

Ahhh, it's so hot...
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Nov 16, 2011
    Floatzel is generally a better attacker, but Sharpedo's Rough Skin can help out in rare situations. I have been trying out a Gorebyss myself as it has huge Sp.A and a good enough move pool.

Lol why would I need Gorebyss for chioce banding?

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    My bad man, I thought your post said Choice Scarf lol

In that case I would say definitely Floatzel since he is faster. Absol is always worth considering also.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Choose Togekiss if your alowed to use OU

Togekiss@ Leftovers
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 252 HP, 6 Def 252 Sp Def
    Ability:Serene Grace

-Body Slam/T-Wave
    -Roost
    -Air Slash
    -Aura Sphere

Basic Flinch set from Smogon

Kangaskhan @ Focus Band/Scarf
    Nature: Adament
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Speed 6 HP
    Ability:Scrappy

-Avalanche
    -Sucker Punch
    -Hammer Arm
    -Return

With Scrappy Return and Hammer Arm can hit Ghosts

Or you can use

Dunsparce @Leftover
    Nature:Modest
    Evs 144 HP / 36 Def / 252 SpA / 76 SpD

-Charge Beam
    -Ancient Power
    -Ice Beam
    -Roost

I saw this set on one of XENON's vids and it was a beast 3 Sp Atk Boosts from CB + 1 of everything from AP Roost will give it Hp and Ice Beam is for Freeze Hax

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    I see that set alot in UUs and wierdly I ONLY see it when Im using my Stall Team which focus on Toxic Spike/Toxic + SR

d2m

Years
    @Normal Monotype guy

Khangaskhan@Leftovers
    252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe
    Scrappy/Adamant

-Substitute
    -Focus Punch
    -Sucker Punch
    -Return

Wrecks stuff.

@Above

Use Spikes, not Toxic Spikes. There is never a reason to use Toxic Spikes in UU.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    @Above The Other Kangaskhan is better IMO.There are better SubPunchers.Also Avalanch is too good to pass.It saved me in OU against Dragons a Million times

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back