• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    Since it has no special attack EV's and a naturally higher base attack then obviously Fire Punch will do more most of the time.

so i want to battle 260 1 sp attck pokemon while wearing a sp attck boosting item, then 260 1 speed boosting pokemon while wearing a speed boosting item???
    what are these pokemon? is there nay set level they need ot be or will a level 7 ghastly give them same as lvl 72????

sorry to keep going on but this is very confusing!

You are doing this all wrong. If you use the power items you will be getting 5 EV's per poke. Even without the items, 260+260 gives you 520 and you can only get 510 EV's.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2010
    Since it has no special attack EV's and a naturally higher base attack then obviously Fire Punch will do more most of the time.

You are doing this all wrong. If you use the power items you will be getting 5 EV's per poke. Even without the items, 260+260 gives you 520 and you can only get 510 EV's.
    Sorry ive (hopefully) corrected it:
    so i want to battle 255 1 sp attck pokemon while wearing a sp attck boosting item, then 255 1 speed boosting pokemon while wearing a speed boosting item???
    what are these pokemon? is there nay set level they need ot be or will a level 7 ghastly give them same as lvl 72????

Leader Soulja Boy

Batesville Gym Leader
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 16, 2011
    What are good alternatives to Choice items? I just hate being locked into a single move. I do use them but very sparingly.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    What are good alternatives to Choice items? I just hate being locked into a single move. I do use them but very sparingly.
    Choice items are great if you can predict well with them, they do take some practice though :P

Life Orb is a great alternative, it still offers a 1.3x boost to your moves and you can choose which move you use but you lose 10% of your health every turn you attack(status/support/setup moves don't count). You could also try Expert Belt which gives a 1.2x boost to super-effective moves I suppose...

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
    You're still doing it wrong. If you want 252 EVs in one stat and you're using a power item, divide 252 by 5 if you'll be battling pokemon that give 1 EV. So that's 50 battles, plus one without the power item. The power item gives you 4 extra EV for every pokemon you defeat. If you wanted to battle pokemon that give 2 EV, take 252 and divide that by 6. With 3, divide by 7.

Also, you can only have max 255 EV in one stat. Your theoretical method adds up to 1020 EVs, which is WAAAAAAY more than 255. Also, the kind of pokemon determines how many EVs it drops, not the level of the pokemon.

BDT

On my way to be a MASTER
    Years
    Just hatched a Riolu and was thinking whats the best moves to teach Lucario.
    I was thinking Auro Sphere/Dragon Pulse not to sure with the other 2 maybe one could be Zen Headbutt.

Then I rememberd I have Riolu Lv 30 from Pokemon Ranger 2 has Auro Sphere/Shadow Claw/Bullet Punch/Drain Punch.
    Was thinking of keeping Auro Sphere/Shadow Claw and learn Dragon Pulse and maybe Zen Headbutt. Not to sure about Drain Punch.
    Can anyone help me out with these moves or any move I should learn?
    Thanks

P.S I dont really do EV training, I just concentrate on the moves.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Just hatched a Riolu and was thinking whats the best moves to teach Lucario.
    I was thinking Auro Sphere/Dragon Pulse not to sure with the other 2 maybe one could be Zen Headbutt.

Then I rememberd I have Riolu Lv 30 from Pokemon Ranger 2 has Auro Sphere/Shadow Claw/Bullet Punch/Drain Punch.
    Was thinking of keeping Auro Sphere/Shadow Claw and learn Dragon Pulse and maybe Zen Headbutt. Not to sure about Drain Punch.
    Can anyone help me out with these moves or any move I should learn?
    Thanks

P.S I dont really do EV training, I just concentrate on the moves.

It would help if we knew what nature it is...Even if you're not EV training, the nature is really quite important.

BDT

On my way to be a MASTER
    Years
    It would help if we knew what nature it is...Even if you're not EV training, the nature is really quite important.

The that just hatched is Quiet Nature

And Riolu lev.30 from Ranger 2 is Serious Nature

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    The that just hatched is Quiet Nature

And Riolu lev.30 from Ranger 2 is Serious Nature

Unfortunately, neither of those natures will beneficial for a Lucario. You'll probably be wanting an attack, special attack or speed boosting nature. The most common natures are Adamant/Jolly for physically-based sets and Modest/Timid for special-based sets.

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
    Which would be the better moveset for a Calm Regice?

Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Toxic
    Ice Beam

or

Rest
    Toxic
    Ice Beam
    Thunderbolt

or

Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Ancient Power
    Signal Beam

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Which would be the better moveset for a Calm Regice?

Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Toxic
    Ice Beam

or

Rest
    Toxic
    Ice Beam
    Thunderbolt

or

Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Ancient Power
    Signal Beam

Rest without Sleep Talk is generally frowned upon, as are weak non-STAB attacks such as Ancientpower, so the first would likely be best.

Leader Soulja Boy

Batesville Gym Leader
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 16, 2011
    Choice items are great if you can predict well with them, they do take some practice though :P

Life Orb is a great alternative, it still offers a 1.3x boost to your moves and you can choose which move you use but you lose 10% of your health every turn you attack(status/support/setup moves don't count). You could also try Expert Belt which gives a 1.2x boost to super-effective moves I suppose...

I do need more practice with them. When ever I try jusing Choice items I always find myself in a sticky situtaion that I could easily get out of if I wasn't choiced into a certain move.

Life Orb is great since most Pokemon in the metagame are either frail sweepers who won't be taking many hits before going down anyways or bulky walls that can deal with the 10% damage each turn and many walls pack recovery moves anyway.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    SUSPECT TIER PLAY HERE

Modest Cresselia @ Life Orb/Choice Specs/Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP/124 Def/8 SpA/124 Def
    -Psychic
    -Ice Beam
    -Moonlight
    -Lunar Dance

I recently started playing Suspect with a Psychic mono team except for Manaphy since it's the Poke I'm trying to test. This was made specifically as a Garchomp counter. Specs Ice Beam can OHKO if there isn't a Yache and if there is Cress can take a hit and shoot again.

Adamant Girafarig @ Life Orb
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Sucker Punch
    -Return
    -Wish

This is what I call a "suprise" Girafarig since it's attacking from the Phsyical end. Also Life Orbed STABed Return then Sucker Punch takes Lati@s by suprise. When it's getting low on health he can use Wish to help the next Pokemon who's coming in after he goes down. Also Life Orbed STABed Return does major damage to anything not resistant to Normal, usually not an OHKO but a good amount of damage.

Jolly Weavile @ Focus Sash
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    -Night Slash
    -Ice Punch
    -Ice Shard
    -Brick Break/Pursuit

This Weavile goes great with above Girafarig or any WishPasser to take down Garchomp. If there are entry hazards or weather effects on the field WishPassing gives back the damage taken from it so Sash still works. Use Ice Punch on Chomp and it should OHKO it. If it's a YacheChomp, Weavile will survive the hit from Chomp thanks to Focus Sash, use Ice Shard next = gg Chomp.

Manaphy can be countered by using any Weather effect to nullify Rain Dance, since Kyogre isn't allowed in Suspect, rendering it's Hyrdation Rest useless. Also a Hazer or the very cliche Blissey can deal with that annoying Tail Glow.

Last edited:

Giratinarules

Pokemon Champion
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Oct 5, 2012
    I am having a hard time chosing a god moveset for my aggron
    Iron head
    Stone edge
    Aqua tail
    thunderpunch
    or
    Iron head
    Stone edge
    solar beam
    ariel ace

please help me

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I am having a hard time chosing a god moveset for my aggron
    Iron head
    Stone edge
    Aqua tail
    thunderpunch
    or
    Iron head
    Stone edge
    solar beam
    ariel ace

please help me

Adamant Aggron @ Leftovers
    252 HP/252 Atk/6 Spe
    -Stone Edge
    -Stealth Rock/Iron Head
    -Earthquake/Iron Head
    -Toxic/Roar

This is a good Wall with Aggron's 180 base Defense. Max Attack and HP EVs are usually recomended. Stealth Rock should be used if this is your lead. Choose Iron Head out of one if the two options. Toxic or Roar for Support.
    Do not use SolarBeam it is a Special move not Physical so it won't do you any good with 252 Attack EVs.

Other options are Metal Burst and attacking with Choice Band or Life Orb if you dislike being choiced into a move since Aggron's Attack stat iis way better than it's SpA. With the Metal Burst set make sure you have 0 Speed EVs (move the 6 into Defense) a Relaxed nature for Defense or Brave for Attack, and if you have the patience for it get a 0 Speed IV as well.

Gabrieldudenas

Is dazzled by shinies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2009
    I have a shiny male Luxray I need help with. I'm trying to get it a good moveset. I'm thinking of:

Rain Dance
    Thunder
    Crunch
    Fire fang/ Magnet Rise

Is it good? What move should I use? Fire Fang or Magnet Rise? Or should I replace one of them? I'm wanting to keep Rain Dance and Thunder, since I used a TM to teach Rain Dance.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Is this a good set I made it at the top of my head so....

Leafeon @ Leftovers
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 252 HP, 152 Def 100 Sp Def
    Ability:Leaf Guard

-Toxic
    -Protect
    -Leaf Blade
    -Swagger

This set is too Mess around with the opponent and cause a switch or really cripple there team.

Why These Moves:Toxic to slowly put on damage.Swagger to put on confustion and the extra Atk wont affect Sp.Sweepers or walls.Protect to Scout or to stall a turn and worsen toxic.Leaf Blade for Swampert and Taunters.

I relised this set can be switched with other Eeveelutions just change the STAB move and Nature

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I have a shiny male Luxray I need help with. I'm trying to get it a good moveset. I'm thinking of:

Rain Dance
    Thunder
    Crunch
    Fire fang/ Magnet Rise

Is it good? What move should I use? Fire Fang or Magnet Rise? Or should I replace one of them? I'm wanting to keep Rain Dance and Thunder, since I used a TM to teach Rain Dance.
    Rain Dance is going to weaken Fire Fang, you should probably run the Mixed Set which works pretty well for Luxray and is basically what your set is trying to achieve.

Request an Individual Moveset  / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Luxray@ Life Orb
    Nature : Naive
    EV : 120 Atk / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
    -Thunderbolt
    -Ice Fang
    -HP Grass
    -Crunch

Bakuzen

Spiky Haired Sexual Deviant
    Years
    If I max out my pokemon's EV's at like level twenty, can i just use rare candies to get him to level 100? and still get the bonus points towards the stats?

cause that's what I've been doing, but I just told someone what I did and they questioned it, so now I'm paranoid that i messed up my EV training again

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    If I max out my pokemon's EV's at like level twenty, can i just use rare candies to get him to level 100? and still get the bonus points towards the stats?

cause that's what I've been doing, but I just told someone what I did and they questioned it, so now I'm paranoid that i messed up my EV training again

If they're maxed out, feel free to use Rare Candies. It won't effect anything, as the EVs are set and you'll get the correct boosts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back