• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
Years
  • Honestly all of them work fine as Wolflare said. A personal favourite of mine is Swampert because its reliable, it really depends on your team. If you can tell us a little more of your team we can help you pick a good lead ;D
    The only one I chosed for sure in my team:
    Vaporeon @ Leftovers
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 188 Def/ 252 SpA/ 68 Spe
    Fake Tears
    Wish
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    This hits hard & give my team wish support, which is excellent, considering
    I'm using my pokemon defense to switch them around, to make it easier to
    use their offense to start/keep my sweep.
    Now, I'm considering Metagross as my lead, as now I got a Water-type,
    & it hits harder than Jirachi, I belive...

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I recently trained up a Bronzong as my team needed a support/stealth rocker who can actually take a few decent hits. I have enjoyed using him to a certain extent so far but many of the sample movesets i have seen for him usually contain hypnosis which missed 10 times in a row for me earlier.....so i am 100% dropping it as i would rather not put things down to complete chance.
    I am also not interested with trick or trick room. (my team are pretty fast anyway)

So far i have came up with this, please tell me what you think and if you can help fill in the gaps for other possible moves i could give it.

Bronzong@leftover?
    Sassy
    Levitate
    252hp / 86 Attack / 80 Defense / 96 Special Defense
    Stealth Rock
    Explosion
    Hypnosis
    Gyro Ball / Earthquake

Thanks in advance.

Changes in bold, this set will be the most effective. Use 0 Speed IVs if you're running Gyro Ball. Hypnosis is also an option.

timekaiser

Friend Code: 1634 5420 3920
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    Heres a team i just made i need help on 3 things and maybe more advice if you have that to offer as well...

1) Natures
    2) Held Items
    3) EVs

Note: I was trying to make a team that covers all weakness and has every type of move to use and with those moves also make stat changes that help it out.

Ludicolo
    -Ice Beam
    -Energy Ball
    -Focus Blast
    -Water Pulse

Gallade
    -Psycho Cut
    -Drain Punch
    -Stone Edge
    -Swords Dance

Rotom (Fridge)
    -Charge Beam
    -Blizzard
    -Shadow Ball
    -Signal Beam

Heatran
    -Earth Power
    -Flash Cannon
    -Dark Pulse
    -Heat Wave

Drapion
    -Aerial Ace
    -Cross Poison
    -X-Scissor
    -Swords Dance

Flygon
    -Dragon Claw
    -Rock Slide
    -Iron Tail
    -Earthquake

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2015
    Anybody have any good ideas for a good UU counter to shaymin land form? (assuming it packs air slash)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Crobat's probably the best (if Shaymin lacks Psychic, of course).

^ This.

Moltres, Altaria (watch for HP Rock and Ice) and max hp/max sp.def Calm Roserade work too (Never 2hko'd by LO Air Slash). Also Regice lol

Swellow, Scarf Honchkrow and Scarf Roserade/Venusaur can check/revenge kill it too.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2015
    Crobat's probably the best (if Shaymin lacks Psychic, of course).

^ This.

Moltres, Altaria (watch for HP Rock and Ice) and max hp/max sp.def Calm Roserade work too (Never 2hko'd by LO Air Slash). Also Regice lol

Swellow, Scarf Honchkrow and Scarf Roserade/Venusaur can check/revenge kill it too.
    Great, thanks guys. I'm going to try out a few and post an RMT with the team later.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2015
    Probably for 2-on-2 battles. I.E. Zam uses reflect to keep him and his team mate smeargle alive, smeargle uses dark void, next turn zam can use dream eater.

Gimmy

Rotommmmmmmmmmmmmmnomnom.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2009
    I need a double battle parnter for my Dragonite, I'm going to face my friend later and I need a UU or if theres nothing else better, OU to go with Dragonite. Heres its info;

Dragonite - Adamant
    Fire Punch, Dragon Claw, Aqua Tail and Earthquake.

I'm mainly looking for anything that will cover what Dragonite cant. I know I might have to get rid of Dragonites Earthquake too.

Thanks in advance.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    is really skarmbliss tactic that great ?

Not really it needs a hack of alot of support to even work, usually takes all 6 slots to wall/deal with the other stuff that skarmbliss cant handle.

Sure it can wall some stuff but really no not anymore.

RosaSunglasses.

Final Fantasy XIII
    Years
  • dark azelf so would you you think using a swampert with bliss as a replacement would do better than skarm ? or do you have any other pokemons in mind ?

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    I've got a (shiny) Chimchar with a 31 in Attack, Special Attack, and Speed. It's Rash, so do I make it a pure Special Attacker (with other EVs in Speed), or would a mix set be more effective since it does have a high Attack stat to take advantage of? It's not for any particular team, by the way-

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I've got a (shiny) Chimchar with a 31 in Attack, Special Attack, and Speed. It's Rash, so do I make it a pure Special Attacker (with other EVs in Speed), or would a mix set be more effective since it does have a high Attack stat to take advantage of? It's not for any particular team, by the way-

Rofl I can't read XD

EDIT: Mixed Infernape usually wants naive or hasty so it can use its good speed. Even if it's a pure special attacker, it still wants a speed boosting nature :O

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2009
    Incomplete Team Advice [OU]

I'm sorry, I think I posted in the wrong section originally. I read over the rules but missed it :/ sorry, I'm new and I just wanted some unfinished team help that's all.

Oh well I'll write it out again;

Basically, I'm new to both this forum and online battling and just wanted some advice on getting good type coverage throughout my team. I have currently come up with 4 members, however I'm struggling for the last two. Here it is:

Gengar (Sp. Sweeper)

Scizor (Phy. Attacker)

Tyranitar (Phy. Attacker)

Shuckle (Staller, mixed wall)

I was possibly thinking of another wall and possibly another sweeper, such as foretress and magnezone. I currently have no resistances to water, electric and rock and this is obviously a problem.

I understand how IVs/EVs etc work so but didnt include them as I guess its in it's early stage of development.

I have also got a sandstorm team going (minus gengar but he's my fav), so possibly continuing that theme. And if you also think replacing my above team members would be beneficial please suggest.

Any help would be Greatly appreciated, sorry for the long message and i hope its in the right place this time :/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back