• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TERRA#493

Competitive Battler
    Years
    I suggest you a Gengar like this:

EVS: 100 Atk, 152 SpAtk, 252 Spe

~ Shadow Ball
    ~ Focus Punch
    ~ Hypnosis
    ~ Destiny Bond

Notice, that this set really is really pained of the in Platinum changed accuracy of Hypnosis with has now mere 60% and needs a bit of luck, means 3 rounds of sleep, when not good predicted. Anyway, with the listened 100 Atk-EVs-investment you can 2HKO common switch-ins of Gengar like Snorlax, Blissey, Heatran etc. You first have put them to sleep naturally. In the end you should take out at least 1 Pokemon with Destiny Bond.

A common situation when you have Gengar on the field, looks so:
    Gengar (You) vs. Infernape (foe) (not fully health, OHKOed by Shadow Ball)
    Opponent switches in Snorlax
    - Gengar used Shadow Ball (if not predicted)
    - Snorlax isn't affected by Shadow Ball
    - Gengar used Hypnosis, Snorlax falls asleep
    - Gengar charges Focus Punch, Snorlax sleeps, Gengar uses Focus Punch
    Either: Opponent switches Snorlax out (see self, what you will do =D)
    Or: Lets Snorlax on the field -> Gengar charges Focus Punch, Snorlax still sleeps, Gengar uses Focus Punch = Snorlax fainted
    -- Gengar used Focus Punch (if predicted a switch to Snorlax in this case)
    -- Snorlax lost around 45% of health
    Either: Opponent switches Snorlax out (See self what you will do =D)
    Or: Lets Snorlax on the field -> Gengar used Hypnosis, Snorlax fells asleep, Gengar uses Focus Punch = Snorlax fainted

When you don't like this really hard-to-working moveset, what about that?
    Try Explosion, instead of Focus Punch, so you even are not pressured to have Hypnosis and can choose a helpful third attack-move like Focus Blast for Heatran, which resists Explosion. Further, when you have Explosion, Destiny Bond is somewhat senseless, so Gengar could have a moveset like this: Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Explosion, Thunderbolt/Hypnosis.

I hope you understand this somewhat complicated description =D

Last edited:

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
    Um... I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but I couldn't find a better place. <<; It's about Shoddy. What's the general rule about IVs? Do people usually just set them all to 31, or is that uncool?

Years
    Since there's no rule against it, I'm pretty sure everybody sets them to 31 unless they need to adjust it to have ideal Hidden Powers or to have the ideal amount of HP for Substitutes. Also, there's the fact that legendaries can only have certain combinations of IVs, so that's also when they're adjusted.

Years
    Yeah, pretty much, but it's something you have to see for yourself in the team builder. If you attempt to save a team that has a legendary Pokemon with the wrong combination of IVs, a window will pop up asking you which combination of IVs you want to use instead.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2015
    In shoddy you make your pokemon the best they can possibly be. They are still restricted by their base stats, nature, evs, etc. and still retain the 510 ev overall limit and 255 ev max per stat. You just keep all your ivs at 31 unless you need a certain hidden power or if it's a legendary which has illegal ivs, and shoddy'll tell you when that happens and give you suggestions for replacement so you don't have to worry. Also remember some legendaries are OU and some are Uber, so as long as you play in the correct tier you'll be find with whatever stats you want to give it as long as they would (theoretically) be achievable in-game.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2009
    Since Blissey already has **** defense. What is the point of trying to bolster it with 252 EVs in the Defense stat? Why not put 252 in Sp. Defense and make it a fortress against Special attacks?

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2011
    Since Blissey already has **** defense. What is the point of trying to bolster it with 252 EVs in the Defense stat? Why not put 252 in Sp. Defense and make it a fortress against Special attacks?

A few reasons Pursuit being the main. 252 Def helps Blissey ease switching out against the likes of CB Tar and CB Scizor. It also enables Bliss to not be OHKOed by Dugtrio and so special attackers such as Porygon Z is not able to beat Bliss with Return etc .

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Can somebody direct me to a place where shoddy updates its usage statistics, if such a link exists? The last statistics I forund were for july last year.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Can somebody direct me to a place where shoddy updates its usage statistics, if such a link exists? The last statistics I forund were for july last year.

https://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54461

There is sticky in stark mountain on smogon all the time.

1. Dont swear the the censor is there for a reason. :/

2. Because most special sweepers cant get past Blissey regardless. That and it loses to tackle otherwise. Seriously though with max def Blissey takes hits about as good as a max hp spiritomb and scizor which is impressive, it needs that def to be able to take things like Pursuit etc. A 252 DEF / 176 SP.DEF spread @ calm accomplishes what you are saying anyway. Blissey doesnt need its hp maxing either tbh since it increases its physical durability by like 6%.

Last edited:

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
    Because with 252 Def EV's, she gets more than double the ability to take physical hits; without any Defense investment, she dies to even the weakest physical hits in the game (heck, even retarded crap like Alakazam's Focus Punch =/).

Zach.Is.Me.

As my name suggests, I am Zach
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2009
    My Charizard is probably the strongest pokemon on my team right now, but it feels like it's got a really incomplete moveset.

- Fly
    - Blast Burn
    - Heat Wave
    - Earthquake

I already used the TM for Fire Blast, but I do still have the TM for Overheat, if that's any use.

I would preferably like to keep fly just because it's convenient to be able to zip around Kanto without having to go to PokeCenters and swap out fighters for HM slaves, but that's just a small side note.

Any help/opinions would be very much appreciated.

=D

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    My Charizard is probably the strongest pokemon on my team right now, but it feels like it's got a really incomplete moveset.

- Fly
    - Blast Burn
    - Heat Wave
    - Earthquake

I already used the TM for Fire Blast, but I do still have the TM for Overheat, if that's any use.

I would preferably like to keep fly just because it's convenient to be able to zip around Kanto without having to go to PokeCenters and swap out fighters for HM slaves, but that's just a small side note.

=D

In competetive play, Fly sucks, so if you plan on using Zard in competitive play(which is what this thread is for lol), I would drop it. Blast Burn is also bad due to recoil.

I can't really say much else since I don't know Charizard's nature and IVs. If you've trained Charizard already, then the IVs are impossible to get. I recommend using a Ditto to breed Charizards and make a new one. For sets that you might like, go here.

Zach.Is.Me.

As my name suggests, I am Zach
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2009
    Thanks for the advice, man. I'll probably just bite the bullet and ditch Fly and Blast Burn.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
    Can someone recommend a good moveset for Brightpowder Hail-team Froslass?

Here's what I have:

Froslass @ Brightpowder
    Snow Cloak
    Timid
    -Substitute
    -Thunder Wave
    -Confuse Ray
    -Blizzard

Also, this is on a team that already has another pokemon with Spikes.

Thanks!

TERRA#493

Competitive Battler
    Years

- Fly
    - Blast Burn
    - Heat Wave
    - Earthquake

We are here in a competitive battling section, so i assume, you want to use Charizard in WiFi.

Either, you play Charizard as a usual physical/special sweeper like this:

Physical: Flare Blitz/Fire Punch, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Dragon Dance
    Special: Flamethrower, Dragon Pulse, Air Slash, Substitute / with Salac Berry and a HP amount, divisible by 4, which is neccesary for Salac Berry activation
    _

Or you try this crazy moveset, which is able to OHKO nearly everything in the game, when it goes on rampage:

Fire Punch, Eartquake/Dragon Claw/Outrage, Belly Drum, Substitute / with Salac Berry and a HP amount, divisible by 4 for Salac Berry activation.

Damage Calculations: With Stealth Rock in play, a +6 and with Blaze supported Fire Punch OHKOs Blissey, most Cresselia, Starmie, Vaporeon, most times Gyarados and much more..

TFN

Blastiose fan XD
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    Hi I'm looking for an Infernape set and a decent Magnezone and Electrivire set and thanks in advance

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back