• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rilari82

King of Rock!
    Years
    Wich of the fowlling Physical Walls is the Best:

Satan(GLISCOR)@Yache Berry
    Adamant
    252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 Spe
    Fire Fang
    Thunder Fang
    EQ
    Roost

OR

NoDrugs(WEEZING)@Lefties
    Bold
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
    Flamethrower
    Thunderbolt
    Haze
    Pain Split

PS: I need a Physical Wall to kill Gyarados and Scizor, i don't have a Hazer in my team!

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    I just picked up a shiny Torchic, but it's Modest. Is there anything worthwhile I could do with it, or is it worth canning?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Wich of the fowlling Physical Walls is the Best:

Satan(GLISCOR)@Yache Berry
    Adamant
    252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 Spe
    Fire Fang
    Thunder Fang
    EQ
    Roost

OR

NoDrugs(WEEZING)@Lefties
    Bold
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
    Flamethrower
    Thunderbolt
    Haze
    Pain Split

PS: I need a Physical Wall to kill Gyarados and Scizor, i don't have a Hazer in my team!

Haze is an awful move. Use Will-O-Wisp, having a P/Hazer is the least of your worries because most things that stat up beat weezing one vs one anyway and you actually want to be able to touch things like Tyranitar who could actually otherwise switch in and pursuit you to death which is really embarrasing for a physical wall.

Gliscor also wants Stealth Rock, Knock Off (if you already have a SR user) >> Thunderfang with Leftovers.

If you want to beat Gyara use Weezing, Gliscor loses to Gyara either way even with T-Fang. :/

rilari82

King of Rock!
    Years
    i need a idea for the two last pokemons of my team:

Strange-X(METAGROSS)@Occa Berry
    Adamant
    252 HP/ 232 Atk/ 20 Spe
    Stealth Rock
    Bullet Punch
    Quake
    Explosion

NoDrugs(WEEZING)@Lefties
    Bold
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
    Flamethrower
    Thunderbolt
    WoW
    Pain Split

RoboRabbid(LATIAS)@Life orb
    Timid
    192 SpA / 252 Spe/ 112 HP
    Surf
    Calm Mind
    Dragon Pulse
    Recover

FlyingFish(GYARADOS)@Life Orb
    156 HP/108 Atk/100 Def/144 Spe
    Adamant
    Intimidate
    DDance
    Waterfall
    Taunt
    Ice Fang

TERRA#493

Competitive Battler
    Years
    Hello pokécommunity! I have been thinking about a Rain Dance Trick Room sort of team. I'm asking for some help with it =). Are you serios? Don't understand me wrong, i love out-of-norm variations, but c'mon, Rain Dance makes Pokémon like Kabutops or Omastar to pure evil sweepers... no Trick Room, pls..

Bronzong @ Damp Rock When you take Bronzong in your team, you have to play in OU Tier. For most Rain Dance-teams to hard. Go to the save side and make a UU/NU-Team of it. For that, you can choose something like Electrode, which is really one of the fastest Pokémon in the whole game, can use Rain Dance, and takes some advantage with strong sure-hitting Thunders of it. Further moves for Electrode can be a HP for type coverage, even the rare HP Water can work very well, because of the Rain Dance-support. The 3rd and the 4th moves should be Taunt and Explosion. Crobat would be a awesome Rain Dance-user as well, but with its type it "boosts" the danger of electric-types, which are usually very dangerous for not-correct-built Rain Dance-teams.

Wailord @ Leftovers . Use Wailord as a Choice Scarfer and take the best advantage of Water Spout so.
    Water Veil
    Nature
    EVs: 252 Spatk, 252 Speed,
    - Water Spout - Water
    :
    - Ice Beam - ice
    - Hydro Pump/Surf - Poison : Not Toxic... Wailord hasn't the defenses to work with it, pick another Water-attack to deal good damage, when you don't have the HP for the monstrous Water Spout.
    - Selfdestruct - Ground
    : Selfdestruct, or you can choose HP Electric, to hit Water-types, especially Gyarados, hard. Why not HP Grass? HP Grass is mostly taken, when Swampert and friends would be a problem. But Swampert mostly should take enough damage from RainDance-supported water-attacks.

Raichu @ ???? : Pikachu comes ALWAYS before Raichu, because of Light Ball. But i suggest you even no Pikachu, i suggest you on Slot 2 Ludicolo. Look here for Ludicolo's suggested movesets. Either choose the Rain Supporter, or try the Offensive Swift Swimer, like i'm at the moment.

Gyarados @ Life Orb To reduce the electric-weakness more, i suggest you on this slot Lanturn. Lanturn can be a epic sweeper in Rain Dance- with a awesome Surf/Hydro Pump and sure-hitting Thunder, in addition with Ice Beam and Agility to boost his rather mediocre speed, it can take down whole teams.

Feraligatr @ ???? Dont choose Feraligtr when you have already Gyarados, especially not in OU Tier. In Rain Dance Kabutops is one of the most evil sweepers, in my opinion, so try Kabutops. Simply as a Rain Dance sweeper with Waterfall, Stone Edge, X-Scissor, Swords Dance you can crush many things with it.

Toxicroak @ Focus Sash
    Dry Skin
    Adamant Nature
    EVs 252 Atk, 252 Spe
    - Swords Dance - Normal
    - Cross Chop - Fighting

- Sucker Punch - Dark
    - Poison Jab / Gunk Shot - Poison
    I'm the one, who likes heavy damage, my Toxicroak has Gunk Shot. But when you like more accuracy, just pick Poison Jab.

I'm sure i will find foes of my rating, but thats only a "Proto-rating" first.. =D

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    I just picked up a shiny Torchic, but it's Modest. Is there anything worthwhile I could do with it, or is it worth canning?

Blaziken's SpA is not bad and you could catch some players off-guard with a non-Physical one. It can learn Focus Blast and Flamethrower, after all. It also has Hidden Power and Solarbeam if you swing that way. Not much else can be done, though.

Of course, Infernape does this job better because it has a better movepool and Nasty Plot, but chickens are not the same as monkeys.

Years
    Hi, i've been constructing a competitive team and would like some input on my team and some ideas on some changes. Please no replies that say "this team sucks i could creme it" i just need some help refining it. (im in the process of changing natures)

Aerodactyl @kings rock
    255 Atk: 255 Spd
    -naughty
    dragon claw
    stealth rock
    rock slide
    earthquake

Gyarados @focus sash
    -relaxed
    dragon dance
    ice fang
    earthquake
    waterfall

Tauros @choice band
    -relaxed
    earthquake
    stone edge
    zen headbutt
    body slam

Zapdos @life orb
    255 Sp Atk: 255 Spd
    -mild
    thunderbolt
    roost
    heat wave
    ancient power

Umbreon @leftovers
    255 Hp: 255 Def
    -relaxed
    psychic
    dark pulse
    confuse ray
    toxic

Gallade @choice scarf
    -jolly
    stone edge
    night slash
    psycho cut
    close combat

Years
    Good team rilari, How about a scizor and Heatran
    Scizor for a quick late game sweep, and Heatran a good switch to activate flash fire and pound away as well, Heatran can switch to gyarados if earthquake threatens it giving gyarados probably a free turn to use dragon dance

Last edited:

CerOo

HeX EditoR
    Years
    Can anyone tell me the moves, nature, what item, what stat to train (EV) for:

- Umbreon
    - Sneasel
    - Houndoom
    - Cacturne
    - Sableye

I know it's too much, but...

PS> FireRed

Last edited:

TFN

Blastiose fan XD
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    Cn someone help me with a Mix set for Lucario I cant find one on smogon

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Can anyone tell me the moves, nature, what item, what stat to train (EV) for:

- Umbreon
    - Sneasel
    - Houndoom
    - Cacturne
    - Sableye

I know it's too much, but...

PS> FireRed

https://www.smogon.com/rs/pokemon/

Cn someone help me with a Mix set for Lucario I cant find one on smogon

There is a mix one on smogon aka : -

Lucario@Life Orb
    184 Atk / 128 Sp.A / 196 Speed
    Naughty Nature
    Trait : Inner Focus
    - Close Combat
    - Agility
    - Hidden Power Ice
    - Shadow Ball

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Blaziken@Petaya Berry
    28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Speed
    Modest Nature
    - Agility
    - Substitute
    - Flamethrower
    - Focus Blast / Baton Pass

Sub + Petaya, something ape cant do, baton pass.

Blaziken@Choice Specs
    6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Speed
    Modest Nature
    - Vacuum Wave
    - Flamethrower
    - Focus Blast
    - Hidden Power [Rock/Ice]

Specs. Only use this in UU, since for the most part it is outclassed by ape at this sort of set.

HamsterPants

Worm Trainer
    Years
    Salutations comrades,

A while ago I was doing some dedicated research on starting a double-battle team, though I only ever got the first 2 pokemon in the party, I was very happy with it, I just need 4 more pokemon to fill in that big empty space. I recorded my research on a text file so that it would not be lost; here is what I put together:

1. Marowak
    Straightforward Attacker
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Double-Edge/???
    - Fire Punch/Focus Punch
    Item: Thick Club
    Ability: Lightning Rod
    EVs and Nature:
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk) / Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

2.Mantine
    Special Wall
    - Surf/???
    - Ice Beam
    - Toxic
    - Protect / Confuse Ray / Haze
    Item: Leftovers
    EVs and Nature:
    EVs: 252 HP / 64 SAtk / 192 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

My primary strategy that I look for in a team is a mix between agressive and annoying. As far as annoying is concerned, normal pokemon are pretty awesome, and I love normal pokemon, especially Dunsparce.

With the agressive side of my party, obviously you see part of it here, there is a Mantine serving as a support-wall for Marowak, and they both rely on eachother very strongly. With Marowak's Lightning Rod ability, it's able to protect Mantine from it's greatest weakness. At the same time, Mantine helps take down grass types that would pose a threat and has some status moves thrown in there.

The only flaw that I see in this combo so far is that there's a huge weakness against water and ice types. If you could help me bridge that gap somehow it'd be really helpful.

That's pretty much it, I hope that's enough material for you to work with. I'll check back in a while,
    ~Hamster

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
    Empoleon- Sp Wall/StealthRocker
    252 HP/ 252 SpDef/6 Sp Atk
    Calm Nature
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Stealth Rock
    Roar

Electivire- AltSweeper
    76 Atk/ 252 SpAtk/ 176 Spd
    Mild Nature
    Cross Chop
    Thunderbolt
    Flamethrower
    Ice Punch

Espeon- SpSweeper/Baton Passer
    252 SpAtk/ 252 Spd/ 6 GP
    Psychic
    Baton Pass
    Calm Mind
    Shadow Ball

Gliscor- Tank
    252 Def/ 176 Atk/ 76 HP
    Swords Dance
    Fire Fang
    Earthquake
    Arial Ace

Dusknoir- SpWall/Statuser
    252 SpDef/ 252 HP/ 6 Atk
    Careful Nature
    Fire/thunder punch
    Shadow Punch
    Will-o-wisp
    Pain Spit

Salamence- Physical Sweeper
    252 Atk/ 252 spd/ 6 HP
    Dragon Rush
    Fire Fang
    Swords Dance
    Earth Quake

Can you please rate my team? If you think you can in any way make it better, please tell me. I want as much constructive critisism as possible. Just make sure it's constructive.

EDIT: this is my current team. But, out of boredom and lack of confidence in it, I'll raise any new pokemon you think my team could be made better using. This team is not set in stone, neither are the movesets.

Last edited:

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
    -None of your teammates really support one another; it just looks like 6 random Pokemon thrown together.
    -Garchomp's banned from OU.
    -Your Pokemon NEED items, you know.
    -Dusknoir=completely outclassed as a special wall by Blissey and... just about every other Pokemon with half-decent HP and good special defense.
    -You need to choose: do you want an offensive team or a stall team?

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
    -None of your teammates really support one another; it just looks like 6 random Pokemon thrown together.
    -Garchomp's banned from OU.
    -Your Pokemon NEED items, you know.
    -Dusknoir=completely outclassed as a special wall by Blissey and... just about every other Pokemon with half-decent HP and good special defense.
    -You need to choose: do you want an offensive team or a stall team?

Garchomp is now? I appologize, I've not been around the forums in around a year.
    As for the items, I can figure those out for myself, I just wanted help with the sole team.
    Dusknoir was a suggestion from someone else a few months ago, I was quite hesitant about putting him on the team myself.
    I would like a well balanced offensive team. That's how I was told to put it together.

Also, take into account that people don't know quite as much as you, and some of the other members of the forum, do. I'm still learning, as you once had to learn. So answer like a teacher would answer a student, and not like you just did, which was basically telling me "you know nothing". I'm not flaming or anything, just a word of advice with how to handle people. No harm done :D

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back