• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    To Aero: My Gallade set is: Psycho Cut, debating between Close Combat and Drain Punch, Night Slash, Fire Punch.

To Forci: Thanks.

Close Combat/Psycho Cut/Ice Punch/Night Slash or X-Scissor @Choice Band please on Gallade.

OR

Swords Dance/Close Combat/ice Punch or stone edge/night slash or psycho @ Life Orb

Best coverage.

Eisen

Lord of Desert
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2009
    okay, since I'm new to this whole strategy thing in the game, I would like to ask:

What the Hell is EV and STAB?

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2010
    So, here's my team. It's pretty much a compilation of pokes and strategies I've seen, so please, feel free to comment and tell me your thoughts. Here it is:

Ninjask@Leftovers
    Jolly, Speed Boost
    252 atk, 252 speed, 4 hp(?)
    -swords dance
    -substitute
    -X-scissor
    -baton pass

Charizard@Life Orb
    Adamant, Blaze
    252 atk, 252 speed, 4 hp
    -rock slide
    -earthquake
    -flare blitz
    -aerial ace

Swampert@Leftovers
    Careful, Torrent
    252 hp, 58 def, 200 spD
    -curse
    -waterfall
    -avalanche
    -earthquake

Absol@Choice Scarf
    Rash, Super Luck
    200 speed, 180 atk, 130 spA
    -fire blast
    -ice beam
    -X-scissor
    -night slash

Blissey@Leftovers
    Bold, Serene Grace
    252 hp, 252 def
    -thunderwave
    -stealth rock
    -softboiled
    -seismic toss/return(I don't know how to teach Blissey seismic toss)

Azelf@I'm not sure yet...ideas? I was thinking focus sash?
    Modest, Leftovers
    252 spA, 252 speed, 4...idk, either hp or spD
    -explosion
    -grass knot
    -psychic
    -nasty plot

That's what I have(as you can see, it's not complete). It's also just a foundation team, a springboard to help me think of better teams and
    Strategies. Again, feel free to post ur thoughts.

Thanks!

Years
    Not essential.There are other good sets.

Don't say Gengar is predictable, then tell me to use Electivire.

>_>

Anyway, Might as well get some help. I got a Kick@$$ Bulbasaur egg, How does this sound?

Anyway, I need help with Venusaur.
    Bulbasaur Egg: Calm - 18/x/31/31/31/x

Imma use it as a Mixed Wall(ish). Here's my Ideas.

Calm Venusaur @ Leftovers
    252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD

I checked out PsyPoke's Damage Calculator. Venusaur could survive a Psychic from Alakazam w/ that HP Spread / SpD Spread. This is a Timid Alakazam, Max SpA.

If a Modest Zam comes up, I'm also prepared. A max Modest Zam would do 312 Max. A Venusaur w/ a 0 HP IV and 252 EVs is 333. That's why I like 176 for thhe SpD Spread.

With 80 EVs in Def, Venusaur can survive a max Adamant Weavile's Ice Punch with 11 HP to Spare.

Anyway, Now for the Moves

I was thinking of Roar, Since I need a Phaser on my Team. Grass Knot to Attack. Leech Seed to Stall. Sleep Powder for Status.

If anything is light weighted, and resistant to Grass Moves, Roar it away. Leech Seed to sap HP Away. Sleep Powder to give you a chance to set up, because unless they're Chesto/Lum'd, they will more than likely, switch.

Anyway, Here are my questions:

~ Is that a good EV Spread?
    ~ How is the Moveset?

Thanks Again Guys!

Eisen

Lord of Desert
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2009
    Well since my thread hasn't been allowed up yet, I'm just going to ask here. I'm trying to build a team that's as good as possible with as many of my favorite pokemon in it as possible.

[x=low priority/want]
    [xx=mid priority]
    [xxx=Must have or want in team greatly]

x - Gengar
    xx - Dusclops
    xx - Altaria
    xxx - Rayquaza
    xxx - Aggron
    xxx - Cacturne
    x - Cradily
    x - Gardevoir
    x - Metagross

I was hoping to build a team with 2 steels/rocks, a ghost, Rayquaza, Cacturne, and Altaria (Most likely Aggron, Cradily, Dusclops, Rayquaza, Cacturne, and Altaria)

Please give me ANY suggestions if one or two different pokemon/ones not listed would make a huge difference, and I will take them into consideration.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    okay, since I'm new to this whole strategy thing in the game, I would like to ask:

What the Hell is EV and STAB?
    STAB = Same Type Attack Bonus
    EV = Effort Value

For more on EVs look at the "Compiled Guides" sticky (second post), it should tell you everything about EVs.
    So, here's my team. It's pretty much a compilation of pokes and strategies I've seen, so please, feel free to comment and tell me your thoughts. Here it is:

Ninjask@Leftovers
    Jolly, Speed Boost
    252 atk, 252 speed, 4 hp(?)
    -swords dance
    -substitute
    -X-scissor
    -baton pass

Charizard@Life Orb
    Adamant, Blaze
    252 atk, 252 speed, 4 hp
    -rock slide
    -earthquake
    -flare blitz
    -aerial ace

Swampert@Leftovers
    Careful, Torrent
    252 hp, 58 def, 200 spD
    -curse
    -waterfall
    -avalanche
    -earthquake

Absol@Choice Scarf
    Rash, Super Luck
    200 speed, 180 atk, 130 spA
    -fire blast
    -ice beam
    -X-scissor
    -night slash

Blissey@Leftovers
    Bold, Serene Grace
    252 hp, 252 def
    -thunderwave
    -stealth rock
    -softboiled
    -seismic toss/return(I don't know how to teach Blissey seismic toss)

Azelf@I'm not sure yet...ideas? I was thinking focus sash?
    Modest, Leftovers
    252 spA, 252 speed, 4...idk, either hp or spD
    -explosion
    -grass knot
    -psychic
    -nasty plot

That's what I have(as you can see, it's not complete). It's also just a foundation team, a springboard to help me think of better teams and
    Strategies. Again, feel free to post ur thoughts.

Thanks!
    Just post a RMT if you have six Pokemon. ;D Right now I am a bit too sleepy to rate teams. :3

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Well since my thread hasn't been allowed up yet, I'm just going to ask here. I'm trying to build a team that's as good as possible with as many of my favorite pokemon in it as possible.

[x=low priority/want]
    [xx=mid priority]

x - Gengar
    xx - Dusclops
    xx - Altaria
    xxx - Rayquaza
    xxx - Aggron
    xxx - Cacturne
    x - Cradily
    x - Gardevoir
    x - Metagross

I was hoping to build a team with 2 steels/rocks, a ghost, Rayquaza, Cacturne, and Altaria (Most likely Aggron, Cradily, Dusclops, Rayquaza, Cacturne, and Altaria)

Please give me ANY suggestions if one or two different pokemon/ones not listed would make a huge difference, and I will take them into consideration.
    Use Dusknoir over Dusclops first. Rayquaza is banned for being one of the strongest Pokemon in the game. The rest can be usable I guess, depends on what movesets you use for them, and how they are used.

Eisen

Lord of Desert
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2009
    Use Dusknoir over Dusclops first. Rayquaza is banned for being one of the strongest Pokemon in the game. The rest can be usable I guess, depends on what movesets you use for them, and how they are used.

Well first off, I am talking in terms of Ruby/Sapphire. Second, I don't plan on battling anyone IRL anytime soon, as I use an emulator.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Well first off, I am talking in terms of Ruby/Sapphire. Second, I don't plan on battling anyone anytime soon, as I use an emulator.
    Then it does not matter if this in-game. You can pick anything you want, and just level to when you are in a bad situation. You could have an entire team of Magikarp (with Tackle of course), and possibly beat the game if you level enough. Competitive battling is for Wi-Fi or Shoddy, not for in-game.

Eisen

Lord of Desert
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2009
    Then it does not matter if this in-game. You can pick anything you want, and just level to when you are in a bad situation. You could have an entire team of Magikarp (with Tackle of course), and possibly beat the game if you level enough. Competitive battling is for Wi-Fi or Shoddy, not for in-game.
    Well I know. More than anything, I'm just trying to get an overall feel for the strategies of the game to prepare me for when I can play other people.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    What's better for my Garchomp, excluding Outrage; Draco Meteor or Dragon Rush?

Why not Outrage ? It is probably one of the best moves in the game. The other two moves honestly suck, Outrage is the superior option always. :/

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years

:disappoinremember wolflare, 5 magikarp and 1 luvdisk to beat ingame. if it wasnt for those stupid ghosts my dream could come true. atleastt in gen 4 it knows bounce woohoo.
    can you tell me what shoddy actually is
    any way i dont think its fair that vaporeon and jolteon are so good while flareon isnt
    can i please have a set fore flareon please i would post one myself but i have to go now goodbye.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    :disappoinremember wolflare, 5 magikarp and 1 luvdisk to beat ingame. if it wasnt for those stupid ghosts my dream could come true. atleastt in gen 4 it knows bounce woohoo.
    Ahhh, whatever. :P
    can you tell me what shoddy actually is
    Shoddy is an online battle stimulator, download link can be found here, it is basically what everyone uses to battle. Usually more convenient for people who don't have Wi-Fi, or just lags too much (me >.<).
    any way i dont think its fair that vaporeon and jolteon are so good while flareon isnt
    Something you can blame Game Freak about. ;)
    can i please have a set fore flareon please i would post one myself but i have to go now goodbye.
    Depends on what set specifics you want, majority of his movesets can be found here.

Last edited:

ShAdowWAlker1

wishes i could make a cool sig
    Years

[x=low priority/want]
    [xx=mid priority]

x - Gengar
    xx - Dusclops
    xx - Altaria
    xxx - Rayquaza
    xxx - Aggron
    xxx - Cacturne
    x - Cradily
    x - Gardevoir
    x - Metagross

ok well like others said, in game you can have anything and itll work. If you want to get a feel for the strategies look at some of the RMT threads and see how teams are made and work.

Also your thread wasnt put up because you can only make threads with a complete team for competitive battleing here.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Well I know. More than anything, I'm just trying to get an overall feel for the strategies of the game to prepare me for when I can play other people.

Nothing ingame can prepere you for facing other people, its so totally diferent i cant even begin to describe, id look here.

Eisen

Lord of Desert
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2009
    I always liked outrage. It is a very good move, especially if you give the user a persim berry.

I have another question. Is Fire Red/Leaf green and/or diamond/pearl/platinum better than R/S?

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    can beries wipe out EV's completely? or only back to 100?

One berry reduces the EVs down to 100 if it had more than 100 EVs, any berrier after that lower it by 10 EVs so you need 11 berries total wipe the EVs out completely and start from scratch.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back