• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Reshining your badges?

Adley

Tidiliboo
Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Last night, I was randomly tapping my gym badges because they make sounds. After tapping them a few times, they got shinier! I kept doing it and now all my badges look brand new. Anyone else ever noticed this?

Patchy

-
    Years
  • You never knew? ;o

The cleaner they are, the higher the noise they make. I usually play songs on them, since it's got enough notes to do it. =p

Adley

Tidiliboo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Nope. I never was bored enough to try. Wonder how people stumble upon that. I was playing the ABC's song. lol

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    I've known this when I first got the game, though I rarely clean them unless I'm going in the Union Room or somewhere else where people can view them. Also tapping them is slow, rub them really fast with your stylus going back and forth and your badges will be sparkling in no time at all. Hope that helps. Also if you shine them alot, you'll soon get tired and bored with it, well, I guess it depends on who you really are XD. Anyways, it's pretty cool to play with your badges every now and then. Let that song play XD. Ding, dong, dang. Dang?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I found this out within the first week. I hate that its quite pointless though. My brother used to say that if you kept ur badges clean, it would be easier to catch Pokemon.

Adley

Tidiliboo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I found this out within the first week. I hate that its quite pointless though. My brother used to say that if you kept ur badges clean, it would be easier to catch Pokemon.

I wish. And I think its just to give you something to do with your badges. And playing songs on them is funny. XD

Lynx1

has significant angst
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    Yup, I knew this. It's pretty pointless though.
    But they DO look pretty.

Starberry

The berry of awesomeness
    Years
  • Yeah, I've done this before. I don't really do it for any reason, just whenever I want my badges to look nice and shiny.

Years
  • I've known about this since I first got the game. I don't really bother cleaning my badges anymore because it becomes an annoying chore after awhile, especially after not touching the game for awhile.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2013
    I never knew about it till my girlfriend was playing my game just for fun and all of a sudden I heard this annoying squeaking noise. I asked her what the hell she was doing that was making the noise and she goes: "I'm shining your badges!" But ever since discovering it I still haven't bothered to shine them, haha.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    The shinier the badges, the higher the sound they make. I knew that when I got my first badge....

Asgard

Why you little...
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 31, 2020
    I reshine them first thing when I start up :'D I've never played anything on them, though. I don't know enough music. ;u;

Adley

Tidiliboo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I like to play the batman theme song. lol. That and the ABC's. I am so 6 yrs old.

Back