• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Revamping Red/Blue

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
  • I wanted to create a project that made the spriters work hard to make the sprite look good. Therefore I chose to revamp Red/Blue sprites.

I was gonna do green but they are terrible.

Now on this Pixel Project the quality must be high! No matter what. Criticism will be given on every piece (when possible) to make them better.
    For example, trim the waist on a sprite or make the body curve more.
    Now on grimer and muk, and maybe a few others this will be hard to do, C+C will be a bit more lienent on those kinds of amorphous pokemon.

I have a link to every sprite so don't worry about searching.
    And finally everything must be made using D/P/P colors.

We will start with regular pokemon then do shiny.

Now go sprite and let us get this project rolling.

I WILL BE DOING THE STARTERS

*I will update the thread as often as possible, as well as contributing like I should*

Donor Sprite Images: Credit to Pe2k

FRONT:
    Spoiler:

BACK:
    Spoiler:

COMPLETED SPRITES:
    =======
    Regular:
    =======
    Fronts
    Spoiler:

Backs
    Spoiler:

Shiny:
    =======
    Fronts
    Spoiler:

Backs
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • wcmj52.png

10qavqv.png

svkkk1.png

Here are the starters' first evolutions from red and blue. I modified them alot to make them look like this, except bulbasaur, he wasn't messed up so bad, unlike charmander's feet were.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Two questions:

1) Did you get permission for this?
    &
    2) Does Pokémon Green count as well? (There's Pokémon Red, Blue, and Green)

Pokémon Red & Blue (English)
    Spr_1b_006.png

Pokémon Red & Green (Japanese)
    Spr_1g_006.png

As you can see, Green is much worse, so that's why I was curious.

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • Yes I got permission ask Amachi and Fox. And it is only Red and blue, I was gonna do all three,but Amachi and Fox asked me just to do either red/blue or green.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    That last part is weird (to say the least); I was just checking. You may wanna put the fact that you got permission in your first post to avoid anymore asking.​

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Yeah, what he means is he's only doing one style, and he has both our permissions, so no problems.

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • Yup thats what I meant, sorry if it sounded weird.

And now I'll get on with revamping the second stage of the starters.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Sorry it took so long.

picture.php

And about the ones you already have up there, I think you made Charmander's face a bit too long.​

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • Its facing downward that is why it looks so long.

And both of yours are good. I would suggest maybe one darker shade on the mouth of the meowth, but otherwise both are great. I'll add them now.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I'm going to try to do my most favorite Pokémon: Raichu! ♥

EDIT: Man, this was really difficult. .
    picture.php

Last edited:

ShaySkymin

It's thaaaaaank Shaymin time!
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    May I claim Jolteon? <3
    I'm not the best at revamps, please bear with me.

EDIT:
    Jolteonredblue.png

Here it is!
    Flareon for me next, please.

EDIT 2:
    Flareonredblue.png

There. :3
    I kinda ruined this one..
    Vaporeon please!

EDIT 3:
    Vaporeonredblue.png

Best one so far..
    Mew is next.

Last edited:

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • Shinjiislover yours is added, great job.

Jolteonredblue.png
    this is not so great, very jagged lines, body looks a little smooshed and it has an all balck outline. Thanks for trying, though I can't except it, as the quality is not too great. Look at shinjiislover or my sprites, you can see we did alot to make them look like a newer sprite. I would suggest you make the whole body look smoothers, and look at a new jolteon to get a better feel for shading.

Flareonredblue.png
    Again not so good. The only real big problem is the head on this one. Too big, possibly make it smaller and make his legs just a bit longer.

Vaporeonredblue.png
    Now this one isn't terrible, but the outline needs to be fixed.

And some more tips just to help you, try and copy the eye style of the new sprites to the old sprites, will make the faces look better. And definately get a better feel for shading.

Thanks for trying, and go ahead and fix them. I'll keep giving you help until yours are looking GREAT! And I'll make sure you are the only one to do those unless you don't want to.

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    (i hope no one has done this one yet...) I'm mostly a tile spriter...but how is this?
    2ls8vmh.png

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    On the list, you keep spelling my screen name with two 'I's. It's ShinjisLover, not ShinjiisLover. XD Nice try, though. Better than calling me Shinjis. =/

And thanks for accepting Raichu. ^^ I basically erased most of it and redid it. XD I should've just scratched it, it would've been easier. >.>

Dibs on Pikachu! =O​

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • Oh sorry my bad, I didn't notice I just copied it. I'll fix it.

(i hope no one has done this one yet...) I'm mostly a tile spriter...but how is this?
    2ls8vmh.png

By the way if you didn't see my post, I am currently doine pokemon 001-009, so I already was doing this one. but don't worry about it I'll use yours since you already posted it. Oh and next time add a little more black to the outline, and yougot yourself a good sprite.

Last edited:

Juu-Chan

partGiratinabutwon'tsaywh ere
    Years
  • Ooh, this looks interesting!! Hruum, it's been a while since I've revamped but do you mind if I give Rapidash a try?( I like a challenge!!) I think you might be in luck and I have others lying around my desktop. See you in awhile!!~

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Oh sorry my bad, I didn't notice I just copied it. I'll fix it.

By the way if you didn't see my post, I am currently doine pokemon 001-009, so I already was doing this one. but don't worry about it I'll use yours since you already posted it. Oh and next time add a little more black to the outline, and yougot yourself a good sprite.
    Oh! Sorry i didn't see that... Anyway here are two more... with more black outline...
    mht9w.png
    260soc6.png

Back