• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rivals

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    Silver was definitely my favourite rival. He was just someone that I wanted to defeat, which I can't say the same for a lot of the newer rivals. He felt like an actual rival rather than a friend who says annoying things and follows you along on your quest. I really enjoyed the character development he went through during the game - it was nice that he had a fairly good character arc. I also really liked his design and team too.

Gary is also another of my favourites. Again he's pretty easy to dislike which I think makes a good rival :P Cool design and a lot of cool lines lol.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    I just wish the rivals were more present in the games. I felt like Wally was a much more interesting character than May/Brendan, and should've been Birch's child. Wally is one of my favorites, but I hate the fact that he can be so forgettable - not because he isn't interesting, but because he barely had any screen time. Hell, Zinnia is becoming way more of a Hoenn staple and she wasn't even in the original games.​

Axel Rose

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2015
    Well, since I'm the stick-in-the-mud type, I'm going to name my least favourites first!

Serena - Sure, you weren't as annoying as Shauna, but you were really bland. I didn't view you as my rival and I certainly didn't strive to beat you because you were just this girl that kept following me around and asking me to battle in the most inconvenient times.

Shauna - Go away. Enough said.

Well, two rivals out of a lot isn't too negative. My favourite was Hugh and Barry. They actually had personalities, y'know? And were really fun to battle.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Probably Blue or Silver. They just had the most Rival-ish vibe about them, like when you ran into either of them you knew that shit was about to get real and that you were (almost always) unprepared for the battle. I like Brendan and May for this reason too, because they wanted to battle quite often and it was always a little unexpected, I also like how their personalities were expanded in ORAS.

My least favorite rivals are all of them from Gens V and the ones from XY (sans Calem/Serena). So obnoxious and so useless lol. Like, if they're going to talk to me so much about the most pointless shit then they could at least let me kick their Pokémon's asses for some exp. points.

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
    Like others have said, Silver from Gen II. He's a legitimately bad person. You actually want to defeat him. Buddy-buddy rivals are boring to me.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    So far the most memorable rivals are Bianca, Blue and Silver for me.

While Bianca isn't particularly mean like the other two boys I called as memorable, she has quite the journey and character growth. Her team are surprisingly tough, that is more evident if you battle her unprepared.

Silver and Blue while are mean at the protagonist from the beginning of the game, they also received great character development, specially Silver. They are characters to be love and hate at the same time, hahaha!

Back