• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RMT - Team K3fka

Years
    This is my first competitive team, so I would like criticism. Anyway, tell me what you think.

RMT - Team K3fka

Forretress (M) @ Salac Berry
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 176 HP/80 Atk/252 Def
    Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Explosion
    - Payback
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Stealth Rock

Explanation:
    Spoiler:

---

RMT - Team K3fka

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 80 HP/252 Def/176 SDef
    Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Wish
    - Softboiled
    - Protect
    - Toxic

Explanation:
    Spoiler:

---

RMT - Team K3fka
    RMT - Team K3fka

Gengar (M) @ Brightpowder
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/4 SDef
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Psychic
    - Thunderbolt
    - Brick Break
    - Shadow Ball

Explanation:
    Spoiler:

---

RMT - Team K3fka
    RMT - Team K3fka

Smeargle (M) @ Salac Berry
    Ability: Own Tempo
    EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Endure
    - Endeavor
    - Seismic Toss
    - Spore

Explanation:
    Spoiler:

---

RMT - Team K3fka

Absol (M) @ Scope Lens
    Ability: Super Luck
    EVs: 252 Atk/130 Spd/126 SAtk
    Lonely nature (+Atk, -Def)
    - Swords Dance
    - Double Team
    - Psycho Cut
    - Night Slash

Explanation:
    Spoiler:

---

RMT - Team K3fka

Feraligatr (M) @ Expert Belt
    Ability: Torrent
    EVs: 56 HP/176 Atk/176 Def/100 SAtk
    Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
    - Dig
    - Surf
    - Aerial Ace
    - Dragon Dance

Explanation:
    Spoiler:

---

So tell me what you guys think. Remember, I'm open to criticism, so let me know how I can improve.

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    On feraligtr EQ is better than Dig. 100Power>>80Power. Give it Waterfall>Surf as i dont think it will work good as a mixed sweeper. Also change the EV to full Atk instead of SpAtk.

Gl with the team ^^

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
    Well, if you're making a team you first have to decide whether you are making a stall, bulky offense or all-out offense team. Right now, it doesn't pack enough offense to break through walls and not enough defence to stall and wear out the opponent through entry hazards.

First, your movesets need work. Gengar has really high Special Attack and very low Attack, so you'd want to lump mostly Special Attacks on 'Gar. Focus Blast > Psychic for coverage since about half the OU tier resists Psychic and only 5% are weak to it. Focus Blast smashes a lot of stuff that resist Shadow Ball or are weak to it and these two moves give Gengar perfect coverage, all pokemon will be hit for at least neutral. Put Explosion, Will-O-Wisp or HP Fire over Brick Break since a 75 power move without STAB, coming off a base 65 Attack stat isn't denting much. Explosion is for Blisseys, while Will-O-Wisp or HP Fire will smash Scizors that switch into you. The latter is much more common and relied upon to kill Gengar, but HP Fire makes you lose Speed ties against Latias and fellow Gengar and fail to outspeed Infernape, so I'm leaning towards Will-O-Wisp. Slap a Life Orb on it since it misses a lot of 2HKOs without it.

So, it'd be

Gengar @ Life Orb
    Timid, 252 SpA, 252 Speed, 6 HP

Shadow Ball
    Focus Blast
    Thunderbolt
    Will-O-Wisp

Smeargle is a gimmick, it doesn't work most of the time. I advise dropping it over a more reliable pokemon.

I wouldn't advocate using Absol or Feraligatr outside of UU, the former because its 65 base speed isn't doing it any favours, the latter because Gyarados outclasses it almost entirely, and SD Aqua Jet isn't great as quite a lot of stuff resists it.

Also, Blissey likes Flamethrower > Protect or Softboiled because it'd be Taunt bait otherwise. Forry doesn't have much business Exploding on stuff. Lefties > Salac, Forretress isn't going to outspeed stuff even after Salac, and I wouldn't know why it would want to outspeed stuff anyway.

You should go to Smogon and use the standard movesets from there, and try to construct a team out of standard OU pokemon before trying to incoporate UU guys like Absol and Feraligatr in there. Good Luck.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    What those guys said.

Oh and Double Team is banned in competitive battling.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    You are horribly weak to anything with Dragon Dance, aka Mence Gyara and T-Tar. They all outspeed your entire team after one boost, and your only way of dealing with them is sending in Forretress and exploding them, and even then, Mence and T-Tar both have fire moves to deal with bulky steels trying to stop them.

Aqui pretty much said it all, most of your movesets are flawed and ineffective, and Smeargle is a joke when he's not leading. It's a good start but...you need to at least pay Smogon a visit and use some of the more standard movesets. From there, we can better assess your teams weaks. Even though you have a lot checks for various different threats, the fact that their movesets are screwed up means you team won't be bale to stand up to much =(

Years
    Okay, so replace Feraligatr with a Gyara and drop Smeargle for something more reliable? I guess I'll also give Forretress some Leftovers and replace my Blissey's Protect with Flamethrower? As for Absol, should I just replace Double Team with something else or just swap it out for something else entirely?

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    I'd say swap it out(Absol) for Metagross or Scizor as Absol kinda sux anyways. If you do go with Metagross use something like this :
    Bullet punch
    Earthquake
    Explosion
    Meteor mash

Or Scizor:
    Bullet punch
    U-Turn/Bug bite
    Swords dance
    Brick break/Super power

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    First of all I don't like how this team is set up, it's not strong enough to beat stall teams yet not defensive enough to stall out offensive teams. You should focus more on one style.

First of all I'd give Forrey, 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD @ Impish. Forrey needs some special defense to soften up hits on it's weaker defensive side. Plus it's so slow Salac Berry won't help, give it Leftovers.

Put some sort of attacking move on Blissey, Wish/Protect is basically Softboiled so perhaps put Seismic Toss on her or something like Ice Beam/Flamethrower. Also I'd run more defense, personally I find she needs more physical bulk in the present metagame. I use 176 HP / 252 Def / 80 SpD @ Bold personally but you should try something like 252 Def / 128 SpAtk / 128 SpD @ Bold, I think you need that much SpAtk EV's to smash Rotom-A's Subs.

That Gengar is a mess, mixed Gar doesn't really work that well. Switch it over to this set.

Gengar @ Life Orb
    Nature : Hasty
    EV : 40 Atk / 216 SpAtk / 252 Spe
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast
    - Explosion
    - Thunderbolt

Smeargle isn't any good outside or being a lead, it isn't doing much for the team. I'd suggest you replace it. Double Team is banned so you shouldn't have that, plus Absol is pretty lousy in OU. Dig is a no-no, EQ is much better and doesn't let your opponent lol at you while you dig and they go to a Ground-immune Pokemon.

--

Anyways I'm not trying to be mean but this team does need some work. A lot of Pokemon give this team problems. First of all get rid of Smeragle, that thing is doing nothing for you, I'd think of a revenge-killer to help with your DDMence/Gyarados weak. ScarfRachi could work here as it covers some of your and fits reasonably well.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
    Nature : Jolly
    EV : 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    - Ice Punch
    - Thunderpunch
    - Fire Punch / Trick
    - Iron Head

Also I'd replace Feraligatr with Gyarados, it does the same thing only much better.

Gyarados @ Life Orb
    Nature : Adamant
    - Waterfall
    - Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Fang / Stone Edge

I'd replace Absol with something to aid your team against stall, something like Ape could perhaps work here.

Infernape @ Life Orb
    Nature : Timid
    EV : 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
    - Focus Blast
    - Fire Blast
    - Grass Knot
    - Nasty Plot

You don't necessarily have to use the Pokemon I suggested however you definetely should replace the last two Pokemon in your team as most UU's don't fare well in OU =[

Have fun with this team ^.~

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    First of all I don't like how this team is set up, it's not strong enough to beat stall teams yet not defensive enough to stall out offensive teams. You should focus more on one style.

First of all I'd give Forrey, 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD @ Impish. Forrey needs some special defense to soften up hits on it's weaker defensive side. Plus it's so slow Salac Berry won't help, give it Leftovers.

Put some sort of attacking move on Blissey, Wish/Protect is basically Softboiled so perhaps put Seismic Toss on her or something like Ice Beam/Flamethrower. Also I'd run more defense, personally I find she needs more physical bulk in the present metagame. I use 176 HP / 252 Def / 80 SpD @ Bold personally but you should try something like 252 Def / 128 SpAtk / 128 SpD @ Bold, I think you need that much SpAtk EV's to smash Rotom-A's Subs.

That Gengar is a mess, mixed Gar doesn't really work that well. Switch it over to this set.

Gengar @ Life Orb
    EV : 40 Atk / 216 SpAtk / 252 Spe
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast
    - Explosion
    - Thunderbolt

Smeargle isn't any good outside or being a lead, it isn't doing much for the team. I'd suggest you replace it. Double Team is banned so you shouldn't have that, plus Absol is pretty lousy in OU. Dig is a no-no, EQ is much better and doesn't let your opponent lol at you while you dig and they go to a Ground-immune Pokemon.

--

Anyways I'm not trying to be mean but this team does need some work. A lot of Pokemon give this team problems. First of all get rid of Smeragle, that thing is doing nothing for you, I'd think of a revenge-killer to help with your DDMence/Gyarados weak. ScarfRachi could work here as it covers some of your and fits reasonably well.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
    Nature : Jolly
    - Ice Punch
    - Thunderpunch
    - Fire Punch / Trick
    - Iron Head

Also I'd replace Feraligatr with Gyarados, it does the same thing only much better.

Gyarados @ Life Orb
    Nature : Adamant
    - Waterfall
    - Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Fang / Stone Edge

I'd replace Absol with something to aid your team against stall, something like Ape could perhaps work here.

Infernape @ Life Orb
    EV : 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
    - Focus Blast
    - Fire Blast
    - Grass Knot
    - Nasty Plot

You don't necessarily have to use the Pokemon I suggested however you definetely should replace the last two Pokemon in your team as most UU's don't fare well in OU =[

Have fun with this team ^.~

Hasty > Timid so Explosion wont be weakened lol .

Low Accuracy moves on Ape isnt really good as one miss ruins the sweep .....

$

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2010
    Your team is so infernape/mence/gyara/lucario/<insert common OU poke> weak i almost cried. some of the things on your team are put together so randomly it almost makes no sense. There are so many things wrong with this team i dont even know where to start tbh. Your team has giant problems with hyper offense and stall as well as balanced teams. I'm not sure what you're trying to make here either, its sure as hell not offense, and its not stall.

First things first, ill point out some major flaws i see in your team

forry can work as a lead, and the moveset you currently have is fine, But id swap out payback for gyro ball as payback does better in ubers and in the lead position gyro ball should hit things like azelf hard enough anyways, and even if you are aiming to take out things like azelf you probably shouldnt seeing as how they can fire blast and OHKO you most of the time before you do anything. salac berry makes no sense whatsoever and is extremely pointless so just go lefties > salac berry. Forry wants 252 HP / 112 Atk / 144 Def Relaxed @ Shed Shell with Spikes / Gyro ball / Rapid spin / Explosion. Forry can help your team set up spikes near the beginning of the match and most likely survive until late game to work as a potential dragon resist. Rapid spin is to spin away rocks on your team which ends up making leads like metagross useless as they set up rocks, you spin them away, they keep trying and you keep spinning. With a cleric like blissey your team can take full potential of using forretress so forry/bliss have good synergy together. Shed shell lets you escape from annoying things like maggy who will try to trap you and rape you with hp fire or tbolt. The evs in defense/hp allow forry to have an easier time taking hits on the defensive and special defense side, and the attack evs allow you to do some damage to things like mence with gyro ball, as well as always OHKO weavile. Make sure you always run a 0 spe iv for gyro ball to be powered up.

Surprisingly, your blissey is completely fine. I actually made a set just like the one you're currently using, I can explain the 80 hp on your blissey as you probably don't get what its doing there other then giving you extra bulk, though. 80 hp is required for maximum leftovers recovery.

Now the rest of your team is the part that really needs work. You need a check for things like DDmence/DDgyara/Lucario/Infernape. Gengar/Smeargle/Absol/Feraligatr are the extremely weak links on your team so id suggest replacing those. Smeargle is doing NOTHING. And when i say nothing, i mean NOTHING WHATSOEVER. Your number 1 threat is probably lucario as it can come in on blissey, scare it off, then proceed to get an SD on the switch and absolutely rape your team. Gengar can't do anything as you're actually running brick break on a specially oriented attacker which won't do anything at all and most lucario run crunch. One thing you can do to fix the lucario problem, is run lucarios #1 counter which means it also gives you a pokemon that can set up SR; gliscor. I would suggest using taunt/stealth rock/eq/roost and 252 hp / 40 def / 216 spe jolly @ Leftovers. 216 spe jolly outspeeds jolly 252 spe lucario by two points and should always OHKO lucario with a STAB EQ. 40 def / 252 hp gives you overall good bulk and a solid number of 296 defense. I'm giving your team a stall influence as i can see it doing better that way. SR helps and is almost needed turning a lot of 2HKOs into OHKOs. Roost for healing, taunt for breaking opposing stall.

Now that you have a luke check and im pretty much rebuilding your whole team as it needs a lot of work, your team looks like Forry / Bliss / Gliscor and currently isnt offensive whatsoever. You need a check for +1 mence and +1 gyara though which are currently a huge problem. I would suggest using scarf latias or scarf jirachi as jirachi can give you a steel as a backup dragon resist, and latias can give you overall resists for your team as well as a nice offensive scarfer. If you want jirachi the spread would be 252 atk / 252 spe / 6 hp jolly @ Choice scarf and the latias spread would be 252 sp atk / 252 spe / 6 hp timid @ choice scarf Jirachis moveset would be Fire punch / Thunderpunch / Iron head / Ice punch and Latias' would be Draco meteor / Surf / Thunderbolt / Trick. Fire punch is for checking opposing steels on jirachi like forry/lucario etc. Thunderpunch for gyara and other waters, iron head for flinchhaxxing stuff and lategame sweeps, ice punch for mence and other things like dnite. Draco meteor is a heavy hitting STAB on latias and hits mence hard. Thunderbolt for gyara, surf for overall good coverage and mostly rock/ground types. Trick helps cripple stall as well as things like blissey. Timid 252 spe/jolly 252 spe is needed on both to outspeed 252 spe +spe natured variations of both DDmence/DDgyara.

Now your team would either be Forry / Bliss / Gliscor / Latias, or Forry / Bliss / Gliscor / Jirachi. I would personally go jirachi but its completely up to you.

Absol is completely outclassed by lucario and since you currently need a lategame sweeper i would go for a lucario over absol. The spread would be 252 atk / 252 spe / 6 hp Adamant @ Life orb. 252 Atk is for maximum damage dealing capability with adamant+life orb. 6 hp is filler and 252 spe is for outspeeding base 75s i think. Adamant over jolly as people only used to run jolly to outspeed most impish gliscor who ran less then 216 spe and ice punch them as they come in to counter, but with everyone running 216 spe jolly theres no point in running jolly with ice punch so the best choice would be adamant with Close combat / Swords dance / Crunch / Extremespeed.

Now your team looks like Forry / Bliss / Lucario / Gliscor and either jirachi or latias in the last spot. Now when its looking like this i would go Latias > jirachi as it would be weak to infernape otherwise. Now in the last spot i suppose subgar could work as well as give you a special sweeper and a spin blocker even though gengar is quite frail. If you do decide to run that you can run 252 sp atk / 252 spe / 6 hp timid @ leftovers with shadow ball / hp fire / focus blast / substitute.

now i hope this helps and gl with your team

Last edited:
    Back