• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

... - RMT

What do you think of this team?

• Bad, very unbalanced, and will not survive in the metagame.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Worse. This team is bad to the fullest, should not even be used.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    This is my Stall Team. I have been working on this team for a little while. Trying to make it very good at any occasion and I have tested it out on Shoddy. The log for Shoddy on this team is: 32 Wins - 4 Loses - 0 Ties. Very good I think, I tried looking at all its weaknesses and I found none, which is good. Well, here it is.

- Platinum Metagame
    - Standard Tier
    - WiFi, maybe Shoddy (I only used this to test it out)

Team Overview

... - RMT
    ... - RMT
    ... - RMT
    ... - RMT
    ... - RMT
    ... - RMT

Team In-Depth​

... - RMT

Skarmory (F)
    Item: Shed Shell
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 HP/ 64 Atk/ 176 Def/ 16 Spe
    Moveset:
    ~ Spikes
    ~ Whirlwind
    ~ Brave Bird
    ~ Roost

Notes: Spike up some, then Whirlwind away slowly damaging the team. STAB Drill Peck is for damaging, while Roost heals away the damage done to her. Shed Shell helps her leave from Magnezone easily.
    ---
    ... - RMT

Arcanine (M)
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Intimidate
    Nature: Bold
    IVs: 30 SpA/ 30 SpD
    EVs: 240 HP/ 168 Def/ 28 SpA/ 72 Spe
    Moveset:
    ~ Roar
    ~ Will-o-Wisp
    ~ Hidden Power [Ground]
    ~ Flamethrower

Notes: Roar out Sub users and Baton Passers, which is very handy. Will-o-Wisp can be used on Physical Sweepers and can be doubled with Arcanine's Intimidate that shuts down Physical Sweepers. Hidden Power [Ground] dents Pokemon that resist Will-o-Wisp, and STAB Flamethrower does heavy damage on a lot of things.
    ---
    ... - RMT

Tentacruel (M)
    Ability: Liquid Ooze
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 252 HP/ 120 Def/ 136 SpD
    Moveset:
    ~ Rapid Spin
    ~ Toxic Spikes
    ~ Knock Off
    ~ Surf

Notes: Rapid Spin away Spikes and Stealth Rock, and set up my own Toxic Spikes. Knock Off items and such like Choice Bands, and Leftovers. STAB Surf is for necessary damaging, and Liquid Ooze helps him on a switch in if the foe is draining some HP from me.
    ---
    ... - RMT

Porygon2 (N/A)
    Ability: Trace
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/ 216 Def/ 40 SpA
    Moveset:
    ~ Thunder Wave
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Recover
    ~ Ice Beam

Notes: Thunder Wave sweepers, and kills of Dragon Dance tyrants. Thunderbolt for Gyarados, and Ice Beam for the Dragon types. Recover away necessary damage done, and paired with Leftovers can be a killer. This can switch in on Heatran, Vaporeon and such causing them to switch out.
    ---
    ... - RMT

Blissey (F)
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Def/ 252 SpD
    Moveset:
    ~ Seismic Toss
    ~ Wish
    ~ Softboiled
    ~ Aromatherapy

Notes: Thunder Wave a sweeper, and it gets LOLed at. Seismic Toss is to deal damage at, and Wish passes recovery to my teammates. Softboiled is also a option so she can instantly get recovery. Aromatherapy is to recover away status effects on my team. This is the ultimate Special Wall, with its massive HP and Special Defense.
    ---
    ... - RMT

Machamp (M)
    Ability: No Guard
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 HP/ 36 Atk/ 216 Def/ 4 Spe
    Moveset:
    ~ Ice Punch
    ~ Rest
    ~ Sleep Talk
    ~ Dynamic Punch

Notes: Ice Punch nails Flying types in the head! STAB Dynamic Punch is the main move blistering away at anything that doesn't resist it, and comes with a Confusion bonus, plus No Guard ensures it to always hit! Stone Edge could be in, but Ice Punch is there for the PP. Rest heals the damage, then Sleep Talk for two turns, and continue attacking!
    ---

This team is great I think, everyone supports each other. What do you think?

Changes Made
    - Switched out Suicune and placed in Porygon2
    - Replaced Thunder Wave on Blissey and put in Ice Beam/ Flamethrower
    - Changed Machamp's EV spread to 252 HP/ 100 Atk/ 156 Def
    - Switched Bronzong out with Skarmory
    - Switched Dragonite out with Tentacruel
    - Switched Machamp out with Dusknoir
    - Switched Dusknoir out with Rotom-Cut
    - Switched Rotom-Cut out with Rotom-Heat
    - Switched Rotom-Heat out with Machamp
    - Changed Machamp's EV spread
    - Gave Blissey Softboiled instead of Ice Beam/ Flamethrower
    - Gave Skarmory Spikes, and also changed Drill Peck with Brave Bird

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2023
    Really good team, though Machamp isn't really a stall type; it's more of a "Come here and let me beat you to a pulp type" Just look at it. Perfect EV distribution, will use once I get my DS unbricked.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Really good team, though Machamp isn't really a stall type; it's more of a "Come here and let me beat you to a pulp type" Just look at it. Perfect EV distribution, will use once I get my DS unbricked.
    Eh, kinda, Machamp is bulky since there are HP EVs used. And it is a status absorber. You can use this team, but give credit, and don't say you made the team! Because I hate steelers!

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    DD Mence weak much? Nothing on your team stops it, at all. To remedy this somewhat, give Suicune Ice Beam, although even the most bulkiest Suicune is nearly OHKO'd by +1 LO Outrage.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    DD Mence weak much? Nothing on your team stops it, at all. To remedy this somewhat, give Suicune Ice Beam, although even the most bulkiest Suicune is nearly OHKO'd by +1 LO Outrage.
    I did notice that, but during the battles in Shoddy I never encountered a Mence. :\ I could do that, though I was thinking of taking out a member in my team and replace it with Porygon2.

Years
    Okay, well you'd be better off running a bulkier set on Machamp, so I'd go with 252 HP, 152 Def, 100 Atk. Considering it's main use is to counter Tyranitar, it needs to do it well.

Two phazers seems like overkill, so I'd work on that.

Oh, HP Ice Mixapes make a mess of you, which is an issue. And if you choose not to run HP Electric on Suicune, Gyara is going to be damn hard to stop.

As for Stall Play, part of the idea is to get in Entry Hazards and force switching around. You've only got SR and on Bronzong as a lead, it's easily Taunted. Oh and you could use Arcanine as Trick Absorbtion, as they're mostly Specs and Scarf.

It's not half bad... Good work.

EDIT:
    I did notice that, but during the battles in Shoddy I never encountered a Mence. :\ I could do that, though I was thinking of taking out a member in my team and replace it with Porygon2.

Well the obviously choice would be Suicune, as P2 can counter Gyarados rather well, as well as a fairly reliable Heatran switch-in. Then you really need to watch out for HP Ice Mixapes. (DNite handles NP versions with ease)

Last edited:
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Okay, well you'd be better off running a bulkier set on Machamp, so I'd go with 252 HP, 152 Def, 100 Atk. Considering it's main use is to counter Tyranitar, it needs to do it well.

Two phazers seems like overkill, so I'd work on that.

Oh, HP Ice Mixapes make a mess of you, which is an issue. And if you choose not to run HP Electric on Suicune, Gyara is going to be damn hard to stop.

As for Stall Play, part of the idea is to get in Entry Hazards and force switching around. You've only got SR and on Bronzong as a lead, it's easily Taunted. Oh and you could use Arcanine as Trick Absorbtion, as they're mostly Specs and Scarf.

It's not half bad... Good work.

EDIT:

Well the obviously choice would be Suicune, as P2 can counter Gyarados rather well, as well as a fairly reliable Heatran switch-in. Then you really need to watch out for HP Ice Mixapes. (DNite handles NP versions with ease)
    K, I am going to put in P2 in place of Suicune, and take out TW on Blissey and put Ice Beam. Hmmm... I will think about a HP [Ice] Mixape counter... Also, I will change the Machamp EVs.~

Spiritombreeder

lol, SB
    Years
    I don't see why arcanine is there, especially in a stall team. Its weak to SR, plus hp ground won't really be hitting wowers (you can't touch ghosts because of levitate and what you can hit flamethrower hits harder). Plus intimidate won't be doing much if your phazing. Fire is a bad defensive type too. I'd say to just go to swampert.

better yet, skarmory > bronzong on first spot running spikes/ww/drill peck/roost
    Tentacruel does wonders over swampert even. You have skarm phazing and tentacruel for spin and toxic spikes.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    You could replace Arcanine with Heatran, who isn't Stealth Rock weak and can somewhat soak up hits from MixMence and Specsmence.

Heatran @ Leftovers / Shed Shell
    Calm
    248 HP / 56 SpA / 204 SpD
    -Lava Plume
    -Earth Power
    -Rest
    -Sleep Talk / Stealth Rock

Shed Shell is for escaping Zone, though he can't OHKO you without HP Ground. Stealth Rock if you replace Bronzong for Skarm, since Blissey has Aromtherapy.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Guys i hope you realise how well Arcanine walls Mixape - 1 (Intimidate) LO Close Combat (its most powerfull attack vs Arcanine) does a lol 28.87% - 33.86%.

Its also one of the best Scizor counters in the game and on a team weak to Scizor its a decent choice.

In addition it always survives a DD LO EQ from mence factoring in Intimidate which is impressive and always survives a Jolly CB Dugtrio EQ WITHOUT Intimidate factored in (does ~99% max lol).

However as awesome as Bulky Arcanine is it may need replacing because of issues i will touch on in a moment because this needs alot of work. Elements of stall which are VITAL (you have a PHazer and Wish support so eh =p)

+Residual damage outside of SR (since you already have this). AKA Spikes, Toxic Spikes. Weather is optional. You need these or you will get overpowered easilly and swept.

+A Rapid Spinner. Again if they are able to spin and you cant, you are kinda screwed when they start setting up stuff.

+A ghost to block foe Rapid Spin. This is obvious and stall wins because of residual damage and getting it removed is NOT what you want.

+Perish Song (for the most part). Last poke curse lax/cune whom you cant Phaze, Ingrain baton pass chains, need i say more ?

+Something to absorb T-Spikes would be nice too.

You lack most of the above, so somehow implementing them into this team would do the world of good.

Sure its hard to do and build (hence why i favor building stall teams over building offensive teams because the latter really are easy to do and it gives me a challenge in doing so lol) but it is possible whilst at the same time accounting for threats. Keep your options open is the main advice id give you.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I don't see why arcanine is there, especially in a stall team. Its weak to SR, plus hp ground won't really be hitting wowers (you can't touch ghosts because of levitate and what you can hit flamethrower hits harder). Plus intimidate won't be doing much if your phazing. Fire is a bad defensive type too. I'd say to just go to swampert.

better yet, skarmory > bronzong on first spot running spikes/ww/drill peck/roost
    Tentacruel does wonders over swampert even. You have skarm phazing and tentacruel for spin and toxic spikes.
    Yeah, but Arcanine is my fave, and I would like to use him. He is also a Infernape counter, and I have Wish support to heal away SR.

Now, that I might do, If fogot Skarm, so I might use those suggestions! ^^
    You could replace Arcanine with Heatran, who isn't Stealth Rock weak and can somewhat soak up hits from MixMence and Specsmence.

Heatran @ Leftovers / Shed Shell
    Calm
    248 HP / 56 SpA / 204 SpD
    -Lava Plume
    -Earth Power
    -Rest
    -Sleep Talk / Stealth Rock

Shed Shell is for escaping Zone, though he can't OHKO you without HP Ground. Stealth Rock if you replace Bronzong for Skarm, since Blissey has Aromtherapy.
    Hmm... My favorite Pokemon is Arcanine, so I would like to keep him in this one team. I might switch him out if he begins to be a pain. Thanks for the suggestions! ^___^

Guys i hope you realise how well Arcanine walls Mixape - 1 (Intimidate) LO Close Combat (its most powerfull attack vs Arcanine) does a lol 28.87% - 33.86%.

Its also one of the best Scizor counters in the game and on a team weak to Scizor its a decent choice.

In addition it always survives a DD LO EQ from mence factoring in Intimidate which is impressive and always survives a Jolly CB Dugtrio EQ WITHOUT Intimidate factored in (does ~99% max lol).
    Yes, someone realizes that he can be VERY bulky, and he can survive an LO Earthquake from Infernape, and he can OHKO or 2HKO him with HP.

However as awesome as Bulky Arcanine is it may need replacing because of issues i will touch on in a moment because this needs alot of work. Elements of stall which are VITAL (you have a PHazer and Wish support so eh =p)

+Residual damage outside of SR (since you already have this). AKA Spikes, Toxic Spikes. Weather is optional. You need these or you will get overpowered easilly and swept.
    Okay, might put in Tentacruel to cover TSpikes.

+A Rapid Spinner. Again if they are able to spin and you cant, you are kinda screwed when they start setting up stuff.
    K, again Tentacruel could handle that once he is in! ^^

+A ghost to block foe Rapid Spin. This is obvious and stall wins because of residual damage and getting it removed is NOT what you want.
    Hmm... I was thinking Dusknoir?

+Perish Song (for the most part). Last poke curse lax/cune whom you cant Phaze, Ingrain baton pass chains, need i say more ?
    K, maybe Celebi.

+Something to absorb T-Spikes would be nice too.
    Tentacruel again!

You lack most of the above, so somehow implementing them into this team would do the world of good.

Sure its hard to do and build (hence why i favor building stall teams over building offensive teams because the latter really are easy to do and it gives me a challenge in doing so lol) but it is possible whilst at the same time accounting for threats. Keep your options open is the main advice id give you.
    Comments in Bold. Thankc for the suggestions!

Spiritombreeder

lol, SB
    Years
    That little? My god. Although he does have Tentacruel, still that's pretty good for a non resist.

I'd use rotom (appliances) over dusknoir though, even the resttalk ones are much better since they can hit special and elementally. Plus rotom walls scizor also, leaving arcanine with no point, still. :P
    If this is wifi tough luck though :P.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    That little? My god. Although he does have Tentacruel, still that's pretty good for a non resist.

I'd use rotom (appliances) over dusknoir though, even the resttalk ones are much better since they can hit special and elementally. Plus rotom walls scizor also, leaving arcanine with no point, still. :P
    If this is wifi tough luck though :P.
    Yep, that little! He rated it before I placed in Tentacruel. :O I forgot the Rotom forms since it isn't in Smogon! XD Yeah, I will try out some Rotom forms.
    BTW, Arcanine is still a great DD Mence counter, and I can W-o-W a lot of Pokemon since it is very essential to a stall team.

Edit: Do any of you know a good Status Absorber Rotom Form moveset?

Last edited:

Spiritombreeder

lol, SB
    Years
    Yep, that little! He rated it before I placed in Tentacruel. :O I forgot the Rotom forms since it isn't in Smogon! XD Yeah, I will try out some Rotom forms.
    BTW, Arcanine is still a great DD Mence counter, and I can W-o-W a lot of Pokemon since it is very essential to a stall team.

Edit: Do any of you know a good Status Absorber Rotom Form moveset?
    Lol, I hardly use them too.

Uh, rest/sleeptalk/shadow ball/form move is usually fine. Unless you want the scarftrick set. The form move is whatever form you use, decide based on type coverage you need.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Lol, I hardly use them too.

Uh, rest/sleeptalk/shadow ball/form move is usually fine. Unless you want the scarftrick set. The form move is whatever form you use, decide based on type coverage you need.
    Thanks for the moveset, I might go with the Leaf Storm Rotom as he resists SR. Also, what is a good EV spread for that?

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    All the Rotom forms have the same typing, so it doesn't really matter. I recommend either Fantom, Washertom, Oventom, or Mowertom. Fantom if you want a haxy set (Air Slash/Discharge/RestTalk), Mowertom if you're scared of Pert (Same set as above, except Leaf Storm>>AirSlash), Oventom as a check to Steels and whatnot (Overheat>> Air Slash) and Washertom can hurt a lot with Hydro Pump (>> Air Slash). I'm not to keen on the set, I think its something like 252 HP/ 180 Def/ 76 Spa?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    All the Rotom forms have the same typing, so it doesn't really matter. I recommend either Fantom, Washertom, Oventom, or Mowertom. Fantom if you want a haxy set (Air Slash/Discharge/RestTalk), Mowertom if you're scared of Pert (Same set as above, except Leaf Storm>>AirSlash), Oventom as a check to Steels and whatnot (Overheat>> Air Slash) and Washertom can hurt a lot with Hydro Pump (>> Air Slash). I'm not to keen on the set, I think its something like 252 HP/ 180 Def/ 76 Spa?
    Yay! Thanks for the set! I will edit now... I am currently not good at Rotom Forms as I never used them before, plus they are a bit new...

Back