• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMXP] Starter Kit for making Online Pokemon Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2009
If i can, how can i get others to connect to it like a normal online game?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Thats exactly what the kit does, just start the server, forward your routers ports to the server, set up a free subdomain( I will not aid you with any networking problems) to point to your external ip at no-ip or dyndns. Release your game and voila.

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2010
Hey i need help, this is a great script and im alredy using it ;D

________________1 question__________________________

When im going to battle, the options, i can't see them... try to battle in that demo you upload....

________________2 question__________________________

How can i make one event like Darkrai in D/P/Pt?

Plz, say me something ;D

TY, (sorry for this "noob time")

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
yeah, I didn't adapt the battle system to the new resolution yet, sorry if that causes any inconviencience. A fixed battle system will be avaialbe in the next version.
If by the Darkrai think you mean just a battle, that is a Pokemon Essentials question, not a PE : O one. Ask in the Pokemon Essentials thread.

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2010
ok, darkrai question, i mean like one event global event, not online a battle, like the green man that gives you the member card, oak letter and the azure flute

how can i do that?

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I started server but it still is offline.

Years
I was just thinking, I think you should make it so what your saying appears above the player. As with most MMORPGs e.g. Mabinogi or MapleStory, they have what you say above your head. Just a suggestion, but for some reason I think it looks nicer (probably cause I'm used to it when I play Mabinogi pretty much every weekend >.<)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
ok, darkrai question, i mean like one event global event, not online a battle, like the green man that gives you the member card, oak letter and the azure flute

how can i do that?
Mystery Gift function is not yet scripted, sorry.

Make sure the port on the server matches the port in the User_Edit Script. If you are trying to connect to a server that is on your PC, the IP of the server in User Edit should be 127.0.0.1

More one question, how can i do GM/Admin commands?
Not scripted yet.

I was just thinking, I think you should make it so what your saying appears above the player. As with most MMORPGs e.g. Mabinogi or MapleStory, they have what you say above your head. Just a suggestion, but for some reason I think it looks nicer (probably cause I'm used to it when I play Mabinogi pretty much every weekend >.<)
Right now the text appears below the player when BUBBLE_CHAT is set to true in User_Edit, but in the next version I will add the option to set where the text appears.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
how would one go about uploading their own sprites if possible?
If you mean by the player themselves? I did think about it, but it would involve other users who don't have the sprites to download them. I may incorpprate it sometime when I figure out how to save files server-end. The server is not scripted in ruby (its scripted in Lua), so I'm still finding my way round the language.

Years
I think I've seen this question posted further up in this thread, but I'll repost it for posterity anyway.

Are there plans to embed this within normal games, in a kind of "Underground" way? If not, would it be possible to do so with it set up as it is?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
The underground is definatley possible. I won't be scripting a digging script, but I am thinking about adding secret bases integration, and the ability to visit someone elses secret base. Which in turn means I need to create a friend fucntion. All in due time ;)

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Hey how progress is going? In next version you will fix battle system?

Years
I don't think anyone is just going to make your game for you. You've got to do a lot of the work yourself. Try out RMXP and see how you get on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back