• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMXP] Starter Kit for making Online Pokemon Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    I have kinda pushed game development out of my life for now and I don't plan on doing anything on this project until the Christmas holidays, and even then I should be studying for exams, so I can't make any promises.

partyghoul2000

Intermediate Game Designer
    Years
    • Age 36
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    I have kinda pushed game development out of my life for now and I don't plan on doing anything on this project until the Christmas holidays, and even then I should be studying for exams, so I can't make any promises.

well, that sucks. hope you get to it again someday. has there been any bug fixes or script additions since the last release? if so, could you release what you have done?

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2013
    A mmo pokémon game sounds to me cool everytime. Maybe i'll try this variation of the starter kit! °ç°

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2010
    day's :shocked: 0.0 0.0

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2012
    Erm can you upload in mediafire or others? I cant dl it in megaupload!!

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2010
    Hi, hope you will actually finish this project when you get time :) really looking forward to the player pokemon vs player pokemon and trader system, hope your studies are going well :)

also

Erm can you upload in mediafire or others? I cant dl it in megaupload!!

i uplaoding on my mediafire for you here:

mediafire.com/?sharekey=3b8776aba8aa1036d2db6fb9a8902bda

Mike~

Years
  • I'm having a pokemon battle problem. I can't see the Fight, bag, pokemon, run, or My pokemon the text box is blocking it, can someone tell me how to get rid of the text box during the pokemon battles?

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2009
    tileset help

Hello, I am having trouble with the pokestarter kit for RPG Maker XP.
    Whenever I test play, I can walk over houses, even though I inditified them as unpassable with the RPGMXP mapping database.
    How do I fix this?

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2011
    when i battle it shows half the screen because of the chat box and how do you make a player a admin (silmler to question above)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    I am removing the download link as I have seen that some people have been stealing scripts from PE O to achieve a dual screen. Please PM if you want the link, and I will see whether I will let you have it.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • That's pretty scabby of you right?
    You claimed you are releasing a starterkit (which implies "use this if you need help, it is called a starter kit" ) then when people use scripts from it you cry and remove the link.
    That just pi$$es me off BIG TIME.

The way I do it, and I think I'm going to have a chat with Avatar and get this as a rule, but any game code posted- since these are fan games and not original IPs, any code is subject to being used by another member. We are ment to be a community.
    Any games I release, the game code is free to be used by anyone and bits taken out. It's to help people.

Years
  • I thought this was a starter kit, which surely means all the scripts are open for everyone to use. Deciding on the fly that we're not allowed to any more is just bizarre.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    I understand what you mean, and it is completely my fault. I should have encrypted the scripts that I didn't want taking. And to be clear, when I said people were taking the scripts, I meant that they weren't giving credit. I'm all for sharing, but there have been a few people (one in specific who has been bugging Luka and me for ages on it) who have taken scripts from this kit and claimed it as their own work. Sorry for any confusion.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Then report any stealing.
    That's another thing that I have little time for.
    I give someone time to explain themselves if they steal, and try sort it out with the creator- any more issues and infractions/bans and thread closings will be dished out.

Anything posted here in this section should be assumed as "open" to the public. You still own "copyright" for any work but that work should be free to be used by members of the community- UNLESS you state that it's private work and your looking for critique or whatever.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I agree, sorry Alexandre, but if you release a kit or a script, you have to expect people are gonna take it.
    I mean when i release my Mystery Dungeon kit, if people want to use the scripts outside of mystery dungeon games i'd just have to accept it, i mean i wouldnt have a problem with it either.

This isn't a rant, i'm just stating my opinion, hope you're not offended D:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    As stated before, I'm not against sharing, people can take the scripts if they want, no problem. Its just that too many people are taking the scripts and not giving me and the authors of the various mouse, keyboard and online scripts proper credit.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2011
    One thing that you could do then to end all of this, would be to release all the Scripts people have been wanting, and encrypt them, or make people that use them give credit to you.

Years
  • Ah ok, just by your post before i thought you were saying that you didnt like it if people were using the scripts outside of the kit.
    I understand now :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back