• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMXP] Starter Kit for making Online Pokemon Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
whatever i'll make the screenshots and the talking blah blah blah...

What's that even supposed to mean? You can't just expect to go on a forum and get people to do your work for you. With that attitude you won't make it anywhere in game development.

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2009
Can some one tell me how i can make the Chat boxes go away when a battle starts then come back when its over?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
The chat box should dissapear beacuse you are changing scenes (Scene_Map has the chat box, battle_actualscene doesn't), but if it still appears, I'll have it fixed in the next version ;).

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2009
The chat box should dissapear beacuse you are changing scenes (Scene_Map has the chat box, battle_actualscene doesn't), but if it still appears, I'll have it fixed in the next version ;).

i found a simple solution to were when ever u enter a battle it changes the box and inputs z coords to 100 :D so they are put behind the pics.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Netplay is old... I have made some online games, and you will ge a lot of troblues with netplay.
Use the Blizzard one[ Blizzard is one of the best scripters of the world], here the link:
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=3869.0
Bye!
Its impossible for netplay to be bad as the base scripts for ALL online scripts in RMXP are the same (TCP Socket classes etc), and some have even been ported to ruby by the creator of Netplay. Blizzard's system uses some Netplay scripts as well ;) I've been using NP for a good 4 1/2 years now, and there is nothing wrong with it.

The server on the other hand is a whole other story. Its very buggy, and its impossible to fix as SuicideManic lost the source code for it. I was thinking about modifying the Net RMXP Online server to fit my needs, but there aren't any editable text files to add new socket functions. If I ever get back to PE : O, I will probably replace the Netplay class with the Net RMXP online one to allow the server to work.

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2016
It says the server is offline. im dumb with new stuff how do i make it online? it says
---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials : Online
Script '[NET] TCPSocket *' line 53: Errno::ECONNREFUSED occurred.

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
OK

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
You need to make sure the server is on, and in User Edits, the server points locally (127.0.01)

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2009
Is there somthing I forgot to do? The server will not close. Even when it's offline. It keeps saying "Invalid pointer opperation." And when I regester, It does not let me log in after the server is closed. Is there a way I can save users?

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2009
Cannot create file C:Users\Alex\Desktop\pokestarter\ServerRegisteredUsers.dat
My user name is not Alex and I have no idea whata .dat file is.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Lol yeah its set to my directory, just change the folder where the server is located. (its in the server GUI) if you are incapable of doing that, then you shouldn't be messing around with this.

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
Awesome! I suck at RPG Maker XP but if I could find a way to help, like I'm good at recoloring sprites. I could recolor some sprites for you to use as NPCs or alternative characters to be.

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2009
Lol yeah its set to my directory, just change the folder where the server is located. (its in the server GUI) if you are incapable of doing that, then you shouldn't be messing around with this.
Why do you act like that, alexandre? I have done nothing against you, and am asking a simple question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back