• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Road to the Indigo Plateau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arumus

Insert user title here..
Years
  • ROAD TO THE INDIGO PLATEAU

DO NOT SIGN-UP ON THIS THREAD

OOC Thread Here

This is because I want to keep the IC Thread completely In Character, no OOC posts in this thread please. If for some reason you can't post in the OOC Thread and would like a place in the role play. Then Private Message me, or leave a visitor message on my profile.

Introduction

This role play is the typical adventure everyone seems to be involved in. But this will have certain differences, with 'new' challenges, gym leaders, enemies, locations, etc. Pokémon levelling will be based on the anime, without levels as I feel it slows things down. I have been preparing this role play for several months now, due to work and college preperation I have done all the new Chapters, Events, etc for the role players. So it should be a smooth running role play.

If you sign-up, please bare in mind I wont decide what Pokémon you receive until there is enough people signed up. Then I shall PM you the details of what Pokémon you receive, etc. In this role play, it will be in the same sort of timeline as the anime. So this can give you the chance to interact with some of the characters in the show.​

P l o t ; This is Professor. Oak speaking and I'd like to firstly introduce myself to you. I am Professor. Samuel Oak, Pokémon Researcher and Pokémon Poetry Writer. I used to be a trainer and know how great it is, so I give Starter Pokémon to new trainers to begin their journeys. I look after their Pokémon at my Labaratory and Ranch where Pokémon can rest until they are re-called upon by their trainers. I would also like to introduce you to the world of Pokémon. Your adventure will begin in Kanto, where differant adventures and challenges await you. Such as the ever popular Pokémon League, where 8 Gym Badges are required to enter. To obtain these 8 badges you must defeat 8 Gym Leaders scattered across Kanto, who each have differant qualities and each stronger after one another. In Kanto there has been many suspicous robberies of late. Police have no leads to these robberies, but believe it is a group effort and will reveal themselves eventually.

During your journey there will be highs and lows. New competitions will be revealed to you, trainers to meet, friends to make, rivals to be found and much more. Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh embark on your mind with regularly weekend trips to the regions for travelling trainers to enter competitions and partake in Pokémon Events. There is so much to do in the world of Pokémon.

There is hundreds of Pokémon in this world and the one goal for many trainers is to 'Catch 'Em All' and become a Pokémon Master. Others however take a different path and become Pokémon Breeders, Co-Ordinators, Watchers and Photographers. Your true calling will be revealed to you during your travels, with the help of your Pokémon of course.

I have taken the liberty of registering you to the Kanto Pokémon League. A famous event where trainers across all over the world come to Kanto, earn eight badges by defeating differant Gym's, Gym Leaders across the region. Once you have earned this eight badges you can enter the Pokémon League situated at the Indigo Plateau, North West of Viridian City.

The Pokémon League is accepting new entrants to next years event, Gym Leaders are preparing for new trainers to challenge for their Gym Badge and Professors such as myself as distributing new starter Pokémon to young trainers to begin their Pokémon Journey. Do you wish to take on this adventure and explore the world of Pokémon?

R u l e s ;
    - Standard PokéCommunity Rules apply.
    - No Godmodding, Bunnying, Powerplaying, etc.
    - Show respect to every other member within this thread.
    - Be active. I'm not afraid to kick people out, if you may not be able to post please inform me. Do not just dissapear without word.
    - No capturing legendaries, emmensely strong Pokémon, etc.
    - Your Pokémon are not 'invincible', they can can and will lose.
    - Only capture on which I have posted. If you capture Pokémon I haven't listed, you will be kicked from the role play. As well as Shiny Pokémon.
    - Failure to comply in these rules will result in being kicked.
    - The more rare the Pokémon, the better your post must be. Simple.

Last edited:

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
  • Chapter I; Welcome to the world of Pokémon

Day One

The location is Pallet Town, for the last week trainers have been travelling from all over Kanto to collect their starter Pokémon. Professor Oak has been extremely busy during this week and only has three remaining Pokémon left, Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle. But Oak expected severel more trainers the next day, so he has obtained extra Pokémon ranches across Johto and Sinnoh.

You have just reached Pallet Town, be it from ferry, train, or just plain walking. It all depends on where your character is from. By the afternoon you would have reached Oaks lab, you wont see any of the other roleplayers at the lab, only Oak. The other role players will have arrived earlier, or later (Depending on who posts first and last).

First Post: I expect a a couple of paragraphs walking towards Professor. Oaks lab. Describe your suroundings, let me know what your character is going through. Excited? Nervous? It's your first Pokémon, your adventure awaits. A lot should be going through your mind.

When you reach the labaratory, Oak will have a Pokéball waiting for you (Think the area where Ash got Pikachu). Reveal your Pokémon at some point in your post (When and where is up to you).

After receiving your Pokémon and Pokédex, I expect your character to have something to do before setting on his/her journey. Perhaps ringing your family? Grabbing some lunch? Down to you.

Second Post: Begin your journey to Viridian City. This is where you can have the opportunity to find some Pokémon, the surounding is pretty much a long path and tall grass. If you do battle a Pokémon, remember it's your first battle and your Pokémon's as well.

Pokémon

Spearow

Type: Normal / Flying
    Rarity: Common
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Moveset: Peck, Growl, Leer

Pidgey

Type: Normal / Flying
    Ability: Keen Eye / Tangled Feet
    Moveset: Tackle, Sand Attack, Gust

Rattata

Type: Normal
    Ability: Run Away, Guts
    Moveset: Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack

Nidoran (m)

Type: Poison
    Rarity: Rare
    Ability: Poison Point / Rivalry
    Moveset: Leer, Peck

Nidoran (f)

Type: Poison
    Rarity: Rare
    Ability: Poison Point / Rivalry
    Moveset: Scratch, Growl

Poochyena

Type: Dark
    Rarity: Very Rare
    Ability: Run Away / Quick Feet
    Moveset: Tackle, Howl, Sand Attack, Bite

The more rare the Pokémon, the better your post must be.

Rules

- Do not post your 'Part II' until every member of the role play has posted.
    - If you attempt to catch a Pokémon, end your post throwing the pokéball, etc. Standard rule there.

PS - For the idiots who have posted their sign-ups in this thread. Please delete your posts and if you still want to join, go to the OOC Thread.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2009
    OCC: I guess I wills start it.

IC:

Before Professor Oak's Labratory

Ian got off the train that had finally reached the Pallet Town station at 2:00 pm. It was pretty early in the afternoon and the sun was right over top of Ian. The train station was up on a higher elevation than the rest of the town. Ian could see the whole town with the sun above him. Yet this town was rather small, with maybe several dozen houses in the town, mostly spread out and a large building here and there.

It was really weird for Ian who was so used to the city. Celedon city was probably one of the biggest cities in the Kanto region next to Saffron city, an almost immediate neighbour. Ian had taken the afternoon ferry from Celedon to Viridian city, getting there close to midnight. Then after resting there for a couple of hours, he took the mid-morning train all the way to Pallet town. Based upon what he could see, the town was so small it didn't even look like it needed a train station.

Ian was walking full of confidence and pride as he walked down the steps of the train platform and on the dirt path towards the building on the far side of Pallet Town. He knew this is what he wanted to do; become a pokemon master, and go to the Indigo Plateau. He was also hoping to make a lot of new friends and gain new pokemon. He would prove himself to be the very best, and win any challenge that came his way.

He continued down the path, it was getting brighter outside, and looked to be clear skies. Houses here were not in subdivisions but every now and then along a short path off the main road. Two story buildings with people trying to get away from the big city. Not the life for Ian, who preferred the big city and subdivisions of houses.

Ian got excited the closer and closer he got to the large building on the other side of town. He had been waiting a while for this and his dream had finally come true. He had finally reached the end of the pathway before the building. He paused for a second, taking in the excitement he was experiencing. The red brick columns on either side of the black metal gate said professor Oak and it was then that he knew this was the right place. Up along the path that slightly twisted to the left was a large pink building with a domed shaped roof and a massive windmill behind the lab. The blue door was wide open, as if expecting trainers to entre. Ian walked in through the doors, ready to begin his career.

At Professor Oak's

Immediately inside there was a lobby with two couches, a table and a pink carpet underneath. Along the wall was a bunch of shelves with plenty of books on pokemon and a computer. Ian wouldn't mind reading some of these books but he was very eager to get his new pokemon first. He continued across the room to another door and walked through it to find a complex science room full of unique machines. He had no idea what these were for but he had to guess probably for pokemon. He was drawn to one in particular, and was about to touch it when he heard a voice behind him.

"I am afraid you won't be finding any pokemon in here…"

Ian was shocked and almost jumped in the air at the voice. Behind him was a middle aged man, with sandy brown hair in a white lab coat. Was this the famous professor Oak that everyone knew?

"I…I'm here to get a pokemon and start my journey as a pokemon master"

The professor seemed to be sizing him up for a second and then pulled out a paper on his clipboard. "Sorry, what is your name?"

"Ian O'Connor from Celadon city."

"Oh here you are on the list, you registered just in time, and there has only been one trainer here so far, so you made it here in good time. I am professor Oak, pokemon researcher and poety expert. Follow me to the research room"

Ian followed professor Oak through several corridors outside the lab room he was just in. They both entered a large room up a set of stairs on the second floor. After immediately turning to the left Ian saw a large set of windows, directly across the room, with an inside balcony at the top of the stairs. There was a couch and table on the floor just below this balcony. There was a large water container to the right and a massive computer or machine terminal on the left. At the centre of the room there was seven pokeballs on top of a round metal desk.

"Are these the pokemon?" Ian asked out of curiosity.

"Yes they are. You may take one of the following ones here."

Ian wasn't sure which one to choose, he looked at each description beside each pokeball, looking at for a pokemon that would evolve into Riachu. He remembered in his studies that he knew of two pokemon that eventually evolved into Riachu: Pichu and Pikachu. When he saw the name Pichu he quickly grabbed it with such excitement and threw the pokeball. "Go Pichu, I choose you!"

He was expecting to see a small yellow mouse to come out of the pokeball but instead nothing came out. Ian was confused for a moment.

"I am sorry. Another trainer came by already and chose that pokemon. You may choose one of the other six though if you wish," Professor Oak said taking the one ball back from the floor and putting it in a cabinet.

Ian was very dismayed here for a second at that comment. He thought to himself that he might just go home, but he had already spent all this money to get here, he wasn't about to turn around now. After scanning over the pokeballs once more, he noticed the grass dinosaur pokemon name Bulbasaur. He was really interested in this one over the others.

"May I choose this one than?"

"Yes I still have a Bulbasaur left, and it is all yours if you want it."

Excited once more, Ian threw the pokeball and yelled, "Bulbasaur, I choose you!"

Out in a flash of light came a unique pokemon. Bulbasaur resembled a young dinosaur, on all fours, with a spotted blue-green hide. It had bright red eyes and an onion-like green bulb on its back. It chanted out "Bulba, Bulbasaur!"

"Neat, this pokemon looks so cool," Ian said out in a cheer.

Ian went down to reach for the pokemon and pet it but it quickly backed away. Ian was slightly confused as to why the pokemon wouldn't immediately jump into his arms like a dog.

"Some pokemon are a little nervous about meeting their new trainers for the first time. Sometimes you have to be patient and let them come to you." Professor Oak explained to Ian.

Ian tried this for a second, waiting for the pokemon to react. After a little time had passed, Bulbasaur started moving towards Ian's hand and sniffing it, then eventually rubbing its head in Ian's hand and smiling. "Bulba-saur!"

"COOL!"

"Oh and I also have to give you this small handy little device. It is called a pokedex. When you point it at pokemon it will describe information to you about them, their type, statistics, moves, its level and a short description. It is also waterproof."

Taking the small bright green device, he quickly pointed it at the Bulbasaur, "Alright, let me give it a try."

Upon looking at the Bulbasaur, the pokedex came to life and started describing the pokemon to Ian.

"Bulbasaur, the dinosaur pokemon. It bears the seed of a plant on its back from birth. The seed slowly develops. Researchers are unsure whether to classify Bulbasaur as a plant or Animal. Bulbasaur are extremely calm and are difficult to capture in the wild."

"It is registered to you and only you, so make sure you don't lose it," Professor Oak said.

"Okay!" Ian said nodding his head. "Bulbasaur return," He said as a red beam from the pokeball shot out and sucked the pokemon back into the pokeball in a flash of red light. He then clicked the centre metal ring minimizing it and clipping it onto his belt made to hold pokeballs. "I am ready for this!"

"I am sure you will do great Ian, and become a fine trainer. If you get eight gym badges across the Kanto region at each city, you can entre the pokemon league and fight some of the best trainers in the world. Make sure you grab some pokeballs, and develop a strong bond with all your pokemon. Let me add my number to you're cellphone and you can call me if you ever have any questions on your adventure. Good Luck Ian!"

"Thank you very much. And make sure you give a message to the other trainers. The last one to reach Viridian city will have to challenge me, so tell them to hurry unless they want a good pokemon fight. Do pass that along to them please," Ian said with total confidence.

After Professor Oak's Labratory

With that he left the pokemon laboratory and headed down the road to the North side of Pallet town, ready to face off on his adventure. He had dark blue jeans at the time with a white t-shirt, a light blue jacket with gold stripes and a golden chain hanging out of one of his back jean pockets. He also had a green backpack with him as well.

He decided to call his parents before he left. So he picked up his black cellphone and started to dial his parent's number. However after a few rings he couldn't get anyone. He then realized they would both be at work right now so he would call back later.

Hungry he decided to stop by at a restaurant just down the road and ordered a delicious cheeseburger and a strawberry shake before he left Pallet Town. It was a very delicious meal. He knew he would be ready once he set out to begin his new life as a trainer.

Ian was about to leave the boarder of pallet town when he realized he needed pokeballs before he headed out. He quickly turned around, hoping there was some still at the small market in Pallet Town.

When he got to the market store it was very small, even smaller than he had expected for a town like this. It looked more like a grocery store than a pokemart. However, he decided if there was going to be any chance for a few pokeballs in Pallet town, it would be here. He walked up to the cashier and leaned slightly over the counter. "Hi there. Do you have any pokeballs here today?"

"Well I must say you came just in time," the cashier said, "We have our last box here today. Roughly thirty-five pokeballs are in this case. However I can only give you five of them on order of professor oak because they are for pokemon trainers only." He was an average sized man, probably in his mid twenties, with shirt black hair and blue eyes.

Ian began to pull out his wallet to pay the man.

"Don't worry about it there man," said the cashier, "The first five are on professor Oak, but you will need to pay for future ones, usually at $10.00 a piece. Let me just scan these to your trainer card and then when you capture pokemon they will be registered to your name and when you have more than six with you, they will be sent to your PC. A PC is a computer system at pokemon centers that you can log into with your card and access which pokemon you want to hold onto." He ran Ian's card under the scanner, then typed in the serial numbers engraved on each pokeball.

"Awesome!" Ian said taking the five miniaturized balls and clipped them to his belt. They were red on the top and white on the bottom, with a black line separating the top and bottom, and a silver button in the center. "If they are free, can I also buy some pokemon potions, just incase I need to heal in the field?"

"Sure," the man said, "They are twenty dollars a potion though."

Ian paid the man fourty dollars and left with two potions he quickly stuffed into his backpack. Then he left the shop, finally ready to leave Pallet town.

OCC:

Important!!!

I know this may be of an inconvenience to everyone, but with Armus's permission can we set the order of pokemon being taken to my timeline, since I worked so hard/long on it? If it isn't too much to ask.

Just the character who owns Pichu was the first one there, before I arrived in Pallet town at 2:00pm in the afternoon. Everyone else was after me.

Again if its too much i can edit my post for everyone's sake.

Last edited:

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Kairi got up that morning all excited like. Today would be the start of her Pokemon journey. She'd waited for this day for such a long time now. Ever since she was 10 she's wanted to go out on her journey but her mother didn't quite trust her yet. So Kairi had to wait for three years. Now her mother was finally going to trust her with her very own Pokemon.

Kairi couldn't wait to get started on her journey. She had decided to be a top Coordinator just like her mother once was. She had already seen the list of Pokemon being given out to trainers and coordinators. So she had already picked out her Pokemon ahead of time. She had told Professor Oak to save a Pichu for her. A Pichu would later on evolve into her favorite Pokemon, a Pikachu.

Ever since she was very little Pikachu had been her favorite Pokemon. Even her bed was skinned Pikachu style. Anyway Kairi got up and started packing her things. She put her Pikachu pajamas inside her Pikachu bag. She then packed a map of Kanto in her bag. She'd need the map to find out where all the Contests were located.

She then packed up her clothes. Kairi had always wore the same thing everyday. She then went over to her piggy....uh....Pikachu bank and got out her savings. She had been saving her money for this trip for a long time now. Since she was ten. Kairi figured on a long trip money's important. So she had saved it.

After everything expect what she needed to take her shower with was packed she went into her bathroom and cut on the water. She then took off her nightgrown and got in the shower humming to herself as she washed.

She got her shampoo and washed her hair first. "Ow!" Kairi said as some shampoo ran down into her eyes. She reached for her towel and rubbed her eyes which were stinging very badly. Kairi then washed the shampoo out of her hair. She then reached for her Pikachu shaped soap and soaped up her body making it clean.

Kairi washed the soap off then cut the water off and got out of the tub. She wrapped her towl around her and went over to the mirror. She got her hair dryer out and started drying her hair and brushing it. Kairi was still humming as she dried and brushed her hair.

After that was done she went and got her clothes and got dressed. She grabbed her Pokemon Coordinator hat and put it on her head. She then went and brushed her teeth with her blue toothpaste. Kairi then packed the rest of her things and went downstairs to have breakfast.

Kairi's mother was already there eating breakfast. Kairi sit down and joined her. She had a bowl of cereal. They both watched the news while they ate. On TV it was showing some rumor about a red Gyarados appearing in Johto. And Team Rocket was on the rampage trying to catch it. 'I hope it will be ok,' Kairi thought to herself.

Anyway Kairi figured she'd better hurry or she'll be late getting her first Pokemon. It was already ten minutes till 8:00 AM. "I better be going now mom, bye," she told her. "I'll see you later," her mother called as Kairi got up and left.

Kairi was very excited about this journey. A lot of things were running thought her mind as she walked to the lab which was just right next door to her house. She was wondering if the Pichu would even like her. Kairi started getting a little bit nervous about meeting her first Pokemon. What if it hated her and decided not to listen to her.

Kairi thought about it and decided maybe to keep it outside it's ball so it can get used to her first. All this was on Kairi's mind as she arrived at the lab. Kairi gulped as she knocked on the door. She then stood back waiting for an answer.

The door then flew open and Professor Oak's face appeared on the other side,"Oh, Kairi! Your early. None of the other trainers have arrived yet. But I guess you would be here first since you live right next door to the lab," he said invitting Kairi inside the lab.

Kairi looked around. It was just like any other lab. It had all the tools and everything that a Pokemon lab normally has,"Right this way please Kairi. I have the Pokemon you asked for all prepared for you. He is very excited about leaving the lab," the Professor said as Kairi followed him to a room with seven PokeBalls on a table in the very center of the room.

Professor Oak picked up a PokeBall that said,'Pichu' on it and handed it to Kairi. There was a flash of light as it appeared before her. Pichu was a small electric type that looked like a very small yellow mouse. It was the baby form of Pikachu.

Kairi leaned down to the Pichu's level,"Hi, very nice to meet you. I'm sure the Professor told you I was coming right? I'm Kairi your new trainer. Well, Coordinator really. But what's the diffence. Were going to have so much fun together on our journey," Kairi grinned as she picked him up. Pichu was very excited about leaving the lab and starting an adventure together with Kairi,"Pichu," he said with a grin, grinning happily.

"Here you'll need these. Your Pokedex and five PokeBalls to get you started. The Pokedex collects data on Pokemon you see. It's also your ID and can't be replaced. So don't lose it. The PokeBalls will help you catch more Pokemon. Just weaken the Pokemon and when you think it's weaken enough throw a PokeBall. This won't always work though. Be aware the rarer the Pokemon the harder it will be to catch it," Professor Oak explained to Kairi.

"Got it!" Kairi said. Really! Like she wasn't smart enough to figure out how a Pokedex and PokeBalls work. What did he think she was, stupid or something. "Come on Pichu let's go," Kairi said. "Pi," Pichu said. He jumped up on Kairi's shoulder and they left the lab together to begin there journey.

Last edited:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • The train wasn't very fast and thorough. It sped through the landscape stopping at every city it passed to let passengers on and of. Some passengers weer quite annoyed with the many stops slowing down the train, but they had no other choice but to accept it, there weren't any other trains going around this time. It was very early in the morning and the sun had only just risen when the train stopped at Pewter City, 9 o'clock to be exact. About half an hour later it arrived in Vermilion city.
    There a young trainer boarded the train, asking for a one-way ticket to Pallet Town. She was wearing a dark blueish-grey jean skirt and a white blouse with a red and yellow untied tie around her neck. Her feet were wrapped in knee-length white stockings and black shoes with a single strap across the foot. Her wild orange hair was held back with a red headband that had a bow on the right side.
    The trainer named Willow sat on the nearest unoccupied bench while looking sleepily out of the window. The landscape was rushing by her making her eyes slowly droop no matter how much effort she put into keeping them open.

"Miss! Miss, wake up we're here. This is the last stop for a while."
    "Say wha-," she rubbed the sleep from her eyes while she got up, still very sleepy. She grabbed her black bag and thanked the conductor that had woken her.
    "I can't believe I fell asleep," she muttered. She could believe it though, she always got sleepy on trains. It's the slow bumpy movement that just lulls her to sleep. Time to start her journey fresh, and this is where it starts. The place where you go if you can't get a first Pokemon from your family. Pallet Town, home to Prof. Oak.

The town in front of her was definitely not very big. There wasn't even a Center or a Mart, but there were a lot of small houses. The biggest building by far was one with a huge windmill sticking out of the roof. She recognized it at once as the building that had been described to her as Oak's lab.
    Navigating through the little Town wasn't very hard. She just followed the windmill forever sticking out above all the houses.

When she entered the building she arrived in a a homey little room. It was obvious that Oak liked pink. If the entire exterior of the building wasn't enough, there was also a bright pink rug here, which did not match well with the orange couches. But she wasn't here for interior decorating.
    She knocked on the wall loudly.
    "Who's there?"
    A dishelved looking man came into the room. He had sandy hair with quite some gray ones and wore a lab coat over a casual outfit.
    "Um, I'm Willow Marinier, I'm supposed to pick up my first Pokemon today."
    "Right, right, Willow, follow me please, I have him right here."
    She followed him to a room with a table in the center. On it were 5 Pokemon and two empty spaces. The Professor picked up one of them and gave it to her.
    "This is a Squirtle, a little water Pokemon. Treat him well Willow."
    "I will, I promise!" She eagerly took the ball out of his hand and turned to leave.
    "Not so fast! I have something else for you too. One Pokedex for storing information about Pokemon, 5 Pokeballs for catching more Pokemon and one ID card so you can identify yourself as a trainer."
    She took a little blue device, the five balls and the blue little card with her name and information.
    "Thank you, I'll be off now, have a good day!"

---

On her way back Willow stopped at a bench to call her mother, something she had been meaning to do on the train.
    "Mum, hey. I've been meaning to tell you, I'm not at school anymore...
    "I'm in Pallet Town right now...
    Why I'm here? Isn't that obvious. I'm 16, mum. I'm leaving for my journey. I didn't tell you because I didn't think you'd let me go.
    Right, like you let me go the last hundred times I asked.
    Fine, whatever. I won't come by, I have to hurry along to Pewter, so I'll call you later sometime. Bye"
    She closed her cellphone. Why did her mother always have to be so difficult? Oh well, whatever. She had her own Pokemon now.
    "Right! I almost forgot you little Squirtle! Come on out," she threw opened the ball and a tiny little turtle appeared. It was entirely light blue with a brow shell on it's back and a cute little blue tail.
    "Hi there, I guess we're stuck together now. You need a name."
    The turtle responded eagerly.
    "Malik. That's your new name, Malik, the King of all turtles! Ready for our journey?"
    And with that Willow started walking toward the end of the town and toward the start of story.

(OOC: So I kind of changed her outfit to her school uniform, hope thats okay ^^;; intro posts are always hard to make.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2009
    It was a very sunny afternoon as Kenny walked up the concrete path towards Professor Oak's Laboratory. There wasn't a cloud in the sky and Pidgey were singing and the lawns were neatly cut with Professor Oak's windmill slowly turning in the wind.

'This will be awesome,' Kenny thought, 'I'm getting my very first Pokemon and I know exactly what I want. Charmander and I want it now!'

Kenny started running as fast as he could to get to the door and just as he was slowing down the door opened with the Professor looking out as if he was waiting for someone.

"I'm here Professor!" Kenny shouted as he arrived.

"Yes I can see that" Professor Oak said irritably.

"I hope I'm not too late and do you still have Charmander. I really want Charmander as it is the best Pokemon in the world. Can I please have a Charmander?" Kenny said in one breath.

"Calm down young man and take a breath or you'll die" the Professor said calmly, "You're not late and I do have Charmander left so follow me and you'll be off in no time"

Kenny followed Professor Oak inside and into his laboratory where there was several pokeballs with Pokemon inside, waiting for their new trainers. The Professor walked over to one pokeball and picked it up which he then gave to Kenny.

"Alright my first Pokemon. Go!" Kenny shouted, throwing the pokeball. A flash of red light and there was a Charmander. It stretched its arms and looked around then it spotted Kenny.

"Char-mander" It happily said.

"Hello Charmander I'm Kenny your new trainer and together we will beat the Indigo league"

"Now then, Kenny, its time you got these," Said Professor Oak handing him a red pokedex and five empty pokeballs, "I spoke to you a couple of weeks ago so you should know what these things are. The pokedex is like a manual and it will help you with most stuff you don't know about and it gives information about any Pokemon. These pokeballs are what you capture Pokemon with but don't forget to weaken them first."

"Thanks Professor. I'll see you when I've won the Indigo League. Bye!" Kenny said walking out of the Professor's lab.

Kenny was quite hungry so he went to his favourite restaurant to eat and call his mom. When he got there Kenny sat on one of the tables outside where he ordered some fresh strawberries and cream. Afterwards he went to the nearest phone and called home.

"Hi mom!" Kenny said happily as she answered the phone, "I chose Charmander and it is really cool I have it by my side right now. Say hello Charmander."

"Charmander!" It said happily to Kenny's mom.

"So I'm going to head to Viridian City. I'll call you when I get there" Kenny said.

"By the way son," Kenny's mom said on the other end of the phone, "I have put in a credit card for you to buy supplies along with three potions to help you but use your money wise because I'm only putting in $200 a month."

"Okay mom I gotta go. Bye." He replied and put the phone down. "Come on Charmander lets go to Viridian City!"

"Charmander!"

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
    Years
  • The morning I was supposed to get my first Pokémon, the telephone rang. Groggily, I, Diego Johansen, woke up and got out of bed to answer it. "Hello?" I said, yawning. "Diego? Is that you?" I recognized the voice immediately. It was Professor Oak! "Professor! Why are you calling?" "Shouldn't you be on the Magnet Train by now, young man?" he questioned. "Crap!" I shouted, dropping the phone and leaving the professor on the line, saying, "Hello? Hello? Diego?" I ran to my room and looked at my bedside clock. It was already 10 AM!

"Oh, crap!" I whirled around the room, picking up all the necessary things to leave and stuffing them into my backpack. I quickly took off my nightclothes and put on my signature purple t-shirt, kakhi shorts, and flip-flops. Then I remembered the professor. "Oh, crap..." I dove for the phone, rapidly said, "YesI'llbetheredon'tworrysaveoneformebye!" I slammed the phone down and ran downstairs, grabbing the milk Mom had ready for me and chugging it down, then heading for the door, bagel in hand. As I left and started running for the station, I stuffed my bagel in my mouth. Then, as soon as the station was in sight, I realized that there was no weight on my shoulders.

"Crap!" I shouted, attracting looks from the passerby. I turned around and ran back home, ran upstairs, grabbed my backpack, and ran for the station. When I got there, the man at the ticket counter said, "If you want to get on the 10:05 train, you'd better hurry." I paid him, got my ticket, and ran for the train. I dove on just as the doors were closing, banging my head on a metal bar. "Ow!" I said, rubbing my head. At least I made it on. I sat down in my seat as the train took off for the Pallet Town station.

In 10 minutes, we were already there. I dove off the train and ran to the lab as fast as my tired legs could carry me. When I got to the gate, the Professor was standing there, looking relieved. "Diego Johansen! You made it!" the Professor said. "I was starting to think you wouldn't make it before someone else claimed the last one, and yet, here you are! Come inside, come inside." "Thanks...for saving...one...for me..." I breathed, winded from all the running. We walked inside and came to the Poké Ball machine. I picked up the Poké Ball with my name on it and said, "Come on out, whoever you are!" while throwing the red and white ball into the air.

A flash of white, and then... "Mag! Magby mag!" the Magby said. "Hey, thanks, Professor!" I said. "I love Fire types!" "You're welcome," he said. "Now, let me type your information into the Pokédex..." A few seconds later, he was handing me my Pokédex and five Poké Balls. "Your Pokédex has all the information you'll ever need on every known Pokémon in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh. It's also your ID, so don't lose it. And I don't need to explain how to catch a Pokémon, do I?"

"Nope!" I said. The professor knew me well. He knew I listened to his talk shows on the radio every night. "Well, you're all set for your journey into the world of Pokémon. Good luck and take care!" he added as I walked out of the lab. "Magby, you and I are gonna go places together." I had heard that phrase somewhere, but I couldn't remember exactly where. "Magby mag!" it said, looking up at me with a smile on its face. It felt like the happiest moment of my life.

When we left the lab, we went to the outskirts of town and stopped at a pay phone. I dialed my number and hit the Call button. My mom picked up on the third ring. "Hello? Diego?" she asked. I activated the Vid-Phone so Mom could see me. "Diego! Oh, hi, honey!" "Hey, mom! Just wanted to let you know that I made it here safely," I said. "What Pokémon did you get?" she asked. I lifted up my Pokémon for her to see. "Aww! A Magby! So cute!" she said. Magby smiled and said, "Magby mag mag magby!" "Well, mom, I'm off to get a bite to eat and then I'll go to Viridian!" I said. Mom then pulled up...my underwear?!? "Honey, didn't you forget something?" she said. My face flushed as red as the color of my Mabgy.

"Crap!"

Last edited:

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
  • Oliver stared at his old fashioned, windup watch. The dusty broken thing had a crack in the glass. The once golden rim dulled to a maroon and the thing had been so shaken up thorughout his life, Oliver was worried that is had finally stopped working. That and he was going to be late for the train. He finally ticked the glass with his fingernail, hoping that it would work, then he finally decided to turn the nob that would provide the power to continue giving Oliver the time. Thank god it still works.

Once Oliver had stop fiddling with his watch, a toll of bells rang out thorgh saffron city, alarming everybody that a new hour of their lives has passed. What Oliver always wondered is why everybody had to know it. As he walked toward the staion, he came to the stunning realisation. His rtain leaves at 11:55. It's 12:00 now. Cursing under his breath, Oliver sprinted toward the north end of Saffron city. Rounding corners, alarming people as he surprised them, running into elderly people, and getting the polices attention were all a part of his speedy way to the train station.

Going around the last final corner to the train station, Oliver saw the train, although it wheels were starting to turn, beginning its travel away from Saffron City. Disappointed Oliverstared at his 2000 poke dollar ticket, wondering why he ever bought. The reason of the excitement seemed vague to Oliver, as if he never was heard of the word pokemon...Pokemon... A gleam of inspritaion shot across Oliver's face, remembering the one reason he ever wanted to leave Saffron City. He wanted to start an adventure with pokemon. One more thing that he could exlpore while he was still young.

He eyed the train, and with newbound inspiration, started to hurdle himself at it. His large cargo pants flinging high in the air as he ran, passing a car next to him he ran towars the train. As he saw himself approaching the fence, simply lifting his legs a little higher to go over it. As he walked off the concrete boundary of Saffron City, he was in train station personnal only territory. He once thought to looked back to see if anybody was chasing him, but he denied the though to do so, as it might cut off his balance, as running this fast was very hard.

He was nearing the train, its whistle blowing, the consecutive *chugga chugga* never seemed to stop, and eventually, Oliver's chugga chugga will stop. The retribution of exercising his body so much started to flow, as the adrenaline ran out and his paced slowed.

Not when I'm about to reach the train!

Thinking of the awe inspring power of the pokemon he was going to recieve from Samuel Oak, the world renowned pokemon professional,he mustered up the energy to start once again.

Only this time he decided to look behind him.

Several workmen were running after him, some were getting into cars and others were chasing him with cars. And a scream from above alerted him of someone there,standing on top of the train.

"What are you doing? Running after a train like a flaming idiot is not going to help you get on the train. Do you at least have a ticket?" He said with a scotish accent, but all oliver heard was:" You flaming idiot, why don't you just go home, why don't you just go suck a bicket?" How rude can scotish people get,he thought, he must have his panties,... oh I'm sorry, KILT in a knot. hey I think I just made a funny...teehee.

"I'm sorry I can't understand your accent." Oliver said mockingly, mimicking the old man. " Are you a conductor on the train?" still mocking him.

"Why yes, but do you have a ticket." The wind still was rushing around his ears. "I DON'T WANT TO SUCK ON A BICKET! I DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND WHAT A BICKET IS. SO STOP TALKING ABOUT BICKET'S!" Oliver yelled, this time not in an accent. I hope a bicket is not what I think it is...

This time the scotish conductor took out a peice of paper, and worte down "Do you have a ticket?" on it and showed it to Oliver

"Ohhhh! Do I have a ticket. Yes I do, or I wouldn't be running after this bloody train anyway" mimicking his accent. making fun of foriengers never gets old...haha. He jumped onto the train, holding on to a suppot ladder,and while the conductor helped himself up. He shook Oliver's hand, and Oliver said " where's the food?"

Oliver sat down In his seat, minding his sore legs. He had two buckets of food, his belongings, and a map. He placed the food on the floor, his belongings to his side, and started looking on the map. Now where do I have to jump off the trian. Tracing his fingers across a map of kanto, following the laid out path of the train, looking at a road right next to the train's path that leads to pallet town. He then needed to find out where he is. In about one hour, I will jump. He then saw the scotish man walk down the aisle, nodding at Oliver, Oliver nodded back to him, and quickly snatched his keys to the train. Yay,Oliver thought. I can still pickpocket!

Oliver folded his map, and stared hungriley at his food...

"Wait a second, where's my food?" Oliver yelled out load. He looked under the table, over the table on the sides of the table, all around the table, yet he couldn't find his food, then he saw the culprit. A cute, little skitty, lapping up all the delcious food that Oliver had paid for.

" Why, you little rascal!" Oliver screamed and lunge at the skitty. The went into a hissy fit together. A grown man....fighting with a kitty over some junk food. Yes it was pitiful, but it is Oliver's nature to protect what he loves, and he loves food.

The fought for severl minutes, the other passengers staring wide eyed at the two, eventually it went on for half an hour, then a whole hour.

Oliver stared at the skitty, wide eyed, and the skitty stared back. Oliver had scratches all over his body, the skitty had bruises.

There was still one bucket of food left. Eyeing it, Oliver leaped at it, but then was brought back violently. But by who? Well, none else then the conductor.

"What are you doing!? Running around like a flaming idiot with someone's skitty!"

"well,... yeah?" Oliver saif with no excuse "Get off the train" the conductor said sternly, looking into Oliver's eyes firmly.

Oliver then looked out the window. There's the path! "well sorry to pass on this but I gotta go." He slipped out of the conductor's grasp and ran to the train's entrance, pulling out the key he stole from the conductor.

At the door, he pushed the key into the hole turned, and let the metal door swing open. And just before the Oliver started to hear the conductor's thump of his feet, Oliver jumped out the door and made a clean landing on the ground

"Woot!" Oliver said appropriatly. he then looked down the winding trail that led to the eventual pallet town. He looked at his watch.
    "Hey, you still work!" he said while tapping the glass.

Oliver then knelled over, tied his boot shoelaces and started running down the path

" 1:00 now, gonna be there at 1:30"

Oliver came throught the gates of pallet town. The light green grass, the clear blue sky, the vast plain that erected from all sides all contrasted with Oliver. He was wearing city clothes,fiery red hair, while everybody was in praie clothes, with regular hair. Oliver walked thorugh the town, looking for the pokemon lab of prefessor oak,

"Now where could it be?...." Oliver looked left and right, up and down, but he could'nt find it. He eventually approached someone and asked the whereabouts of the lab,

"Oh, just take a left here and go up the hill."

Oliver thanked the kind person and he ran. Turning the corner he saw the hill leading to the mansion, thinking if he only just went a little further he didn't have to ask anybody.

The stairs winded up the hill. " That's a long walk" Oliver mumered to himself. He pondered, and then decided.

Oliver didn't take the stairs, Instead he took the hill. Oliver thought running up the hil would be faster and easier than going up the stairs, but halfway up, Oliver realized what the stairs are for.

" Why is this hill so steep. I got to get to the stairs." In one place the hill was so steep he had to crawl up it, but then he eventually found the stairs " thank you" Oliver said glancing up at the sky. He then trucked his body up the stairwell going to the lab

*knock* *knock * knock*
    Oliver stared at the door blatantly, nobody seemed to answer. He thought he was too late, but then the door opened. A gruff looking man with a clipboard looked down at Oliver. This must be Oak, Oliver thought. Oak was taller the Oliver, which was quite tall considering that Oliver was 6" 1'

"What's your business boy. I don't have all day for you wanting to stare at me" Oliver fumbled his speech" oh-h-h, I'm Oliver Harding Jr. and I requested a pokemon for myself, sir." Professor Oaked looked down at his clipboard. he went flipping papers mumermering "c...d...e...f...g...h...Oh here we are, Oliver Harding Jr. Come right in and I'll be with you in a second." Oak let Oliver in, then went thourgh a door that was probably his lab.

Oliver stared up, the cieling was high, there were waiting chairs with nobody in them, magazines on side tables, and sme pictures of pokemon on the wall. Oliver walked toward one of the chairs and sat down. Although he didn't get to sit for long, becuase soon afterward, Professsor Oak called him in " I'm ready for you Oliver"

Oliver walked in to the lab. "Wow." Oliver whispered to himself. Machines were placed everywhere. Computers were analyzing and storing data, there were desks with papers and aids going trough paperwork.

"Oliver over here." Oak was standing near a machine, with a glass dome on top with pokeballs on display.

"You can choose one pokemon, this will be your starter, and you will probably have the closest bond with this pokemon." Oak pressed a button, and the glass domed mateialized into itself, A turnstill carrying the pokeballs rose up from the machine. The turnstill then started to rotate, with a hologram image of all the pokemon inside the pokeballs floating above them.

"Charmander, charmander, charmander" oliver said outloud, waiting for the turnstill to face him with charmander. As soon as it came. Oliver grabbed it and threw it up in the air.

" Charmander, I choose yooooouuuuu!" Oliver was waiting for the for a charmander to appear in front of him, but instead the pokeball fell back on his head.

"Owww. Oak, why didn't a charmander come out?" Oak straitened his tie. "It's professor oak, and a different tranier already took charmander."

Oliver stared at the machine, disapointed. "I have to get a fire pokemon." as soon as he saw magby, Oliver took it, threw it up in the air, and waited for the magby to fall down. But alas, the same result as the previous pokemon insued.

" Don't tell me, someone already took magby..." Oliver glanced at the professor. "Yes they did, that's what you get for bieng late."

Oliver then saw the remaining pokemon. bulbasuar...weak, pichu...what a baby...eevee...blah...wait, eevee goes into Flareon...Flaroen is a fire pokemon. EEVEE! Oliver took the Eevee pokeball Threw it up in the air. A brilliant flash of light stunned Oliver."Where's the eevee?" Oliver asked Oaked. This question was short lived as an eevee tackled him from behind.

"eeve!eeev!" The eevee shrieked. It was running around the room. Looking at Oliver playfully. It then lunged at Oliver again, knocking him down.

"Whoah! waaa! get offa me!" Oliver cried as the Eevee mercilessly licked his face. Eventually Oliver cries for help turned into laughter, and soon Eevee and Oliver were playing together. Pouncing, scratching and batting each other, they played on while oak left to resume other duties.

"whooo." Oliver said wiping tears off laughter of his face." You're a freaky little guy, aren't ya!" He patted the Eevee. it seemed to be pretty young, because just as he patted it it rolled into a ball and fell asleep.

" wel, you don't really need to go into your pokeball. Wait, where is his pokeball." Oliver got up " Professor! I need a pokeball!"

Oak walked thorugh some doors with another trainer." Oh here you go Oliver. And take this too. Oliver threw Eevee's pokeball and a bag. Oliver caught both.

"Ooo, What's in here." He took out a pokedex and 5 pokeballs. "Wow, a pokedex, Now I can record pokemon!" Oaked overheard Oliver." Just remeber to send me the data every once in a while."

Oliver was running down the steps again, Holding the rolled up sleeping eevee in his arms. When they reached the bottom, the Eevee woke up.
    "You know what I'm gonna call you....Aros! Aros the Eevee!" The Eevee looked pleased with it's nickname, as he got up and jumped to the ground.

Oliver walked forward and the Eevee followed. "Hey, you're a smart little guy. You can follow me the whole time. Just don't run away." Eevee seemed to nod. Oliver and Eevee ran toward a pokemarrt, where he transfered 10,000 poke from his account to his trainer debit card. Looking down at eevee, he said "That part-time job really helps in the long run." He then bought 5 more Pokeballs at the mart, 10 potions and 1 full heal. Overall he spent 500 dollars

Oliver and Eevee walked out the door. "This is gonna last us a long time, isn't it Aros." The Eeve looked up at Oliver, and Oliver put the items he just bought in his Utility belt.

"First, we must go to Viridian city." Oliver said. " Now, were off to becoming pokemon masters! First, we need to train you and catch some more pokemon!" Oliver cheered his way down pallet down as he went off to route 1.

OOC: Please excuse anything that offends anyone in my post, becuase it is a joke and it's from Oliver view. A generic American teenager XD
    ad I'm basing Eevee of my puppy XD

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • It was around 9 AM when Jake finally awoke to his mother screaming at him to wake up. He had already overslept, and Jake's journey was starting out badly. Procrastination was quickly setting in, mainly in the form of laziness to get out of bed. Once Jake had finally heard enough of his mother yelling at him, he stepped out of his bed, eager to begin. He put on a white tee shirt, followed by his ever-present tan hoodie, and slipped on his dark brown pants as well. He then exited his room.

Jake was at full speed, all ready to begin his journey. It was a bittersweet occurrence: Jake finally got to go on his journey, which would definitely help his family, but at the same time he would be leaving his distressed mother all alone. Jake was worried about her, but he quickly set the thoughts aside and headed down stairs at a run. It didn't take long for Jake to lose step and fall feet first down the stairwell.

"Jake are you okay!?!" Jake's mother asked.

"Eh, what else is new? I always fall down the stairs!" Jake replied, showing his sarcastic nature and his clumsiness all at once. A jack of all trades, perhaps?

After sitting at the table, and shoving his breakfast down his throat, Jake quickly got up, and said a long, planned out goodbye to his mother. He hated to leave her alone in this state, but he knew what was required at him at this point in time. He needed the money for his family, and he would do what it took.

Jake quickly bolted for the door, and started to proceed from his house in Pallet Town up to Professor Oak's lab. While on his way up, he saw a few trainers already walking away. Jake knew he was late, and the professor wasn't going to be too happy about it either.

After walking in the door, he saw Oak sitting at his desk, and he was looking impatient.

"Clearly punctuality isn't your strong point, is it Jake?" Oak asked.

Jake just started grinning, and replied, "Hey, more rest for me! Now I can start my journey on a better foot!"

Oak smiled and walked over, revealing the remaining Pokeball on the table. He explained that every other trainer had their pick, and this was the Pokemon left over. Oak then explained that it wasn't because this Pokemon was inferior; it was just because other trainers were interested in others.

Jake picked up the last Pokeball, and let out the creature within. A small, yellow and black Pokemon appeared. Its head seemed to look like to ends of a circuit. It seemed to be a little timid and shy, as it seemed to go closer to Oak, where he seemed more comfortable.

"This is an Elekid. It was bred in the Sinnoh region, and it is a tad homesick, but I don't think it will affect you much Jake."

Jake picked up the little Pokemon, and held him in his arms. Jake was nurturing it like a baby, a side to Jake neither anyone nor himself had seen before, and Jake was surprised with himself at the same time.

Oak walked back over to the table, where he started to gather a few belongings. Once he turned to Jake, Jake saw that he was holding five Pokeballs, and a small red device that Jake had never seen before. It piqued his interesting, and he waited for Oak's explanation.

"The Pokeballs are self-explanatory, as you use them to catch Pokemon. This, on the other hand, is a Pokedex. It is a computerized encyclopedia which has knowledge of all the Pokemon in the world! You just point it at a Pokemon, and the Pokedex will scan it, and provide you with information about it, usually its name, attacks, and type." Oak explained to Jake.

Jake took the Pokeballs and the Pokedex, gave Oak a thanks, and walked out the doors. He was gracious as he could be with Oak, as he gave him a chance to make his life better. Once walking down the steps, Jake could see the entrance to Route 1 growing larger and larger, brighter and brighter. It shined with new hope for Jake, and it was his time to embrace it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2009
    Day 1

It took him almost nearly an hour to finally get on the outskirts of Pallet town, and run into the first small set of woods along his way. It was just short of dinner time as he finally got into the dense wild. For the most part the path to Viridian city would be a dirt path with tall grass on either side of the road. Every now and then along the path there, there was also a patch of woods, some were as small as a house and others were as big as probably Pallet town.

Ian had taken the train all the way from Viridian city, all the way to Pallet town. It took him roughly an hour to get there at a rate of roughly thirty-eight kilometers an hour. Should he travel for ten hours at five kilometers an hour, he would reach Viridian city before twelve o'clock midnight. Ian was a really good at math, and for him that was something he could do in grade eight.

These were the kinds of things Ian thought about on the open road. His mind always wandered, thinking about many different things all at once. He didn't even pay attention to most noises, and he had probably just missed a few pokemon in the brush.

After nearly an hour of walking down the dirt path with his head in the clouds, Ian decided it might be a good idea to focus on the task at hand: pokemon. He didn't need any dinner since he had the burger a few hours earlier. He started walking into the taller grass along the right side of the grass. He hoped he wouldn't get too lost and make it to Viridian city still before everyone else so he could still keep the challenge going. "Just walk five hundred meters off the path, and then in a parallel direction of the path," Ian said to himself out loud.

Ian was greatful to have his jeans with him. The grass was nearly three feet tall in sections where there was large patches. It would have caused him to be really itchy on his legs had he worn shorts. It was hard to see most things in this tall grass, but when he finally reached a small area with little tall grass he noticed movement in the grass. Up ahead was something purple and short with a long tail. Ian quickly got low to the ground and pulled out his pokedex at the pokemon.

"Rattata, the rat pokemon. Cautious in the extreme, its hardy vitality lets it live in any kind of environment."

Ian quickly drew his pokeball with Bulbasaur and threw it behind him "Go Bulbasaur," he tried to say as quietly as possible. In a flash of light his pokemon appeared right behind him.

"Bulbasaur!" it cried.

"Shhh," Ian said, "Come over here Bulbasaur." The pokemon came right beside Ian and starred out at the Rattata across the open dirt patch. "Okay Bulbasaur, you ready for your first battle?"

The pokemon nodded, "Saur."

"Alright Bulbasaur tackle!" Ian shouted to his pokemon.

Bulbasaur launched forward charging towards the rat pokemon. However, like the pokedex said, Rattata was a very cautious pokemon and heard Bulbasaur coming up from behind. It quickly jumped out of the way because it was naturally a quick pokemon. It was ready to defend its territory. The two pokemon starred at eachother from across the field.

"Bulbasaur tackle again!" Ian said.

Bulbasaur charged towards the Rattata and in return so did the Rattata. They were both picking up speed as the distance between one another closed. Bulbasaur had a lot more weight behind him, but Rattata had a lot more speed behind him right before they hit. In the final collision both pokemon took the hit in their body. Rattata was knocked back significantly further than Bulbasaur subsequently.

Rattata was still rattled from the last encounter when Ian made his next move.

"Go for another tackle Bulbasaur!"

Bulbasaur charged forward right towards the wild Rattata. However, before the charge could be complete Rattata had complete recovered and turned to move away from the tackle. Using its speed, it kept just out of charge range on Bulbasaur. While it did this it also whipped the grass pokemon with its tail as it ran away. Bulbasaur turned its head to avoid being irritatedly, whipped in the face. In the instance he did this Rattata picked up an incredible amount of speed, putting some distance between him and the still charging Bulbasaur and almost tripled his already increased speed into a quick tackle back at Bulbasaur. Ian could barely keep up with how fast the Rat could move. In the subsequent collision, with Bulbasaur's head down and more momentum for Rattata due to its increased speed, Rattata delivered a more powerful blow to the side of Bulbasaur's head.

Ian watched as Bulbasaur was knocked back quite a bit. It looked in rough shape.

"Bulbasaur! Are you alright?" Ian called out.

"Bulbasaur!" Bulbasaur roared, as it shook off the blow and got ready for another move.

Ian decided to switch strategies. He was chasing a far faster pokemon. Instead he decided to let the pokemon come to him. And to his surprise, Rattata started another attack towards Bulbasaur.

"Bulbasaur use Growl!" Ian shouted once more.

Bulbasaur let out a loud piercing growl that even surprised Ian how loud it was. "Bulba-saur!" Rattata had such large ears that it flinched in pain of such a move. As it continued its move it slammed into the ground hitting Bulbasaurs front leg as well. The move would have done significant damage, had it not flinched due to the growl Bulbasaur made. Dirt and dust picked up in the air and soon Rattata couldn't even see anymore either.

"Now finish it off with tackle Bulbasaur!" Ian said.

Bulbasaur rammed into the Rattata lying on the ground. Unable to dodge it, it took a direct hit to the side, sending it flying. It hit the ground a few meters further unconscious. Bulbasaur was victorious.

"Alright! Way to go Bulbasaur!" Ian yelled, "We did it."

Ian debated for a moment if he wanted to capture the rat pokemon or not. His philosophy to collecting pokemon was to collect cool looking ones, in his opinion, and train them into as powerful pokemon as a Dragonite or Snorlax. So far he was unimpressed with the first evolution form of Rattata, so he pulled up his green pokedex and looked for information on Rattata. Once he found this out he began to look up evolution forms. The only one was a much fatter white rat than before and not at all cool looking in Ian's opinion.

Eventually he decided he might as well catch it since it was his first pokemon. Ian took out one of his spare pokeballs and expanded it. However, he had taken so much time deciding and looking up information on the pokedex that the Rattata had recovered and ran away.

"Darn it!" Ian said, "I am going to have to do this stuff before I battle pokemon next time. Great job Bulbasaur," he continued, scratching the neck of his pokemon and petting it.
    Ian decided it might be a good idea to let Bulbasaur rest after a successful battle in a nice grassy field and enjoy some pokemon food he had brought with him.

After a few minutes of searching he spotted a tree nearby with normal lawn grass growing around it. It looked to be a great place to rest and relax underneath the shade of a tree. Ian quickly pulled out a hammer, eight pegs, a few ropes and a green roll fiber tent. He lay down against the tree, getting very comfortable with the nice shade and cool breeze. He deserved this too, he had been walking for quite a while himself.

Bulbasaur was playing in the field, enjoying the nice grass and bright sun shinning down on his back. He came over to Ian to play around a few times, and each time Ian laughed so hard by how cute the pokemon was. Eventual it found a spot in the meadow and rested for a while. The idea began to creep into Ian's mind too and before he knew it…

Ian was fighting a large Dragonite with his Riachu. It came at him with a vicious wing attack and Riachu quickly dodged the attack. It was in a stadium full of thousands of cheering fans. Ian could see that this was the only chance for him to win. The other trainer called his Dragonite to do a Hyper Beam, so Ian in return told Riachu to do a Thunder Bolt. In the ensuing clash of light everything began to white out. Blasts from nearby rock smashed everywhere and hit Ian in the forehead. "Ouch! That really hurt!"

Ian woke up in a daze, looking over the bright green glade. Was it all a dream?... "Ouch!" no his head was still getting hit by something. He looked up to see a bird pecking at his head. It got louder and more vicious as it poked Ian more in the head. "Quit it!" Ian said swatting and the pokemon and turning to get up. It continued to viciously follow him under the tree as he fell down and rolled down the hill that led up to the tree. "Stop it!"

When he finally managed to stand up and get enough distance between him and the bird pokemon he called out to Bulbasaur, "Bulbasaur help me!" His pokemon spring out from the nearby patch of grass it had nestled in, ready to fight despite just waking up. The bird pokemon was still charging down the hill so Ian took the time to pull out his pokedex and scan the pokemon. His green pokedex came to life.

"Spearow, the savage bird pokemon. Spearow has a very loud cry that can be heard over half a mile away. If its high, keening cry is heard echoing all around, it is a sign that they are warning each other of danger."

This was immediately proven by its very loud screech that it made after the pokedex was finished. "Peck me in the face will you? Bulbasaur use tackle!"

Bulbasaur charged at the Spearow only to have the bird swoop into the air away from the pokemon. It circled in the air only for a second and then came swooping down once more at Bulbasaur. It flew right over top of bulbasaur and pecked at Bulbasaur as it continued right above the grass pokemon, flapping its wings to stay up. Bulbasaur ran in pain of the flying move back towards Ian.

Ian didn't know what to do. He had forgotten that grass pokemon were very weak to flying pokemon but he was still out of it when he had started the battle. He quickly thought of a plan that might work reaching a pokemon in the air. He then figure it out.

"Bulbasaur keep running away toward the tree, rebound off it and do a tackle into the air!" Ian called out.

Bulbasaur nodded its head, still trying to keep out of reach of the Spearow. He stopped and switched directions on the spot. The Spearow hadn't anticipated this and kept flying for a second in the same direction before quickly changing back towards Bulbasaur. Bulbasaur now had some distance between the two of them but he continued to run as fast as he could and finally reached the tree. He jumped up, rebounded off the tree and slammed into the Spearow in mid-air.

It was a direct hit. The Spearow's left wing was crippled and it couldn't fly very much, only flap in the air for a second or two as it tried to get into the air once more. "Great job Bulbasaur! Now do a growl!"

Bulbasaur growled at the Spearow who looked confusingly back as if the growl had stunned it for a second, before making a growl of its own back at Bulbasaur. However, this growl was a lot more high-pitched and even shocked Bulbasaur for a second.

"Now continue with another tackle Bulbasaur!" Ian called out once more. Bulbasaur seemed still frozen for a second before he finally began his assault. He was charging forward and jumped into the air just before hitting Spearow. However the Spearow didn't move, instead it gave a heavy glance or leer at Bulbasaur which must have freaked him out. Because as he came rocketing towards his foe, he seemed to smash into the ground just before Spearow.

"Oh no! Bulbasaur!" Ian called out. Bulbasaur was hurt on the ground and Spearow ran up and began to peck at it once more. "Bulbasaur! Come on you got to make it through, just do one more tackle."

However, Bulbasaur couldn't even get up and the barrage of pecks continued to assault him. "Bulbasaur, I believe in you! You can do this!" Ian called out.

In some connection of confidence with Ian and Bulbasaur the pokemon regained some strength. Not enough to stand, but it cocked its head just a little. As the Spearow brought its beak down once more, Bulbasaur did a tackle through his head right into the bird pokemon's face. Another critical hit! Both pokemon took a lot of damage from the momentum of both strikes but Spearow was knocked out to the ground from such a devastating hit. "Spear—ow.."

Ian quickly ran over to check on Bulbasaur, "Bulbasaur are you alright?" The pokemon was in bad shape and could barely move. "Bulba…saur.."

Ian ran to his bag and got out one of his potions. "Here you got Bulbasaur." He sprayed the potion on his pokemon and waited for it to take in effect. It must take a while cause after nearly five minutes Ian got impatient. He laid Bulbasaur in the light grass and in the sun to recharge, while he packed up his items that had fallen on the ground. He didn't even bother to capture the Spearow. A pokemon that caused him such harm, shouldn't even be on his team. However, in its defense the tree he camped under appeared to be its home and Spearow were very territorial creatures.

After he was finally all finished he started back towards Bulbasaur but heard a strange noise in the air. It seemed to be dozens of small faint cries in the distance but they were growing louder and louder and soon became annoying. Ian looked up at dozens of Spearow's flying towards him, probably answering to the distress call of the one he had just battled. Except they flew over him and were heading after Bulbasaur. Before they could even peck at Bulbasaur, Ian returned it to his pokeball with a flash of red light it disappeared. The Spearow, still angry, turned to chase after Ian.

Not wanting to get pecked again, Ian quickly turned tail to run. He knew he could keep a decent distance between him and the Spearow for a while. He was a fast runner. However as he got back into the tall grass once more it started to slow him down. He decided to make a run for the trees to his right, hoping he could remember his baring as he ran. The Spearow were right on his tail as he finally reached the tree line four minutes into the chase. Some Spearow seemed to fly upwards over the trees while others tried to find thicker paths between trees to fly in between. Ian didn't stop running.

He had been running for quite some time now, close to a pacing jog because of the length of the chase, but he wouldn't stop. He hated getting pecked by one of those creatures; he couldn't imagine a dozen of them attacking him all at once. He eventually reach a clearing which would have normally been a good thing on an adventure, but the Spearow used this to their advantage. He could hear them squawking from above as they dove down into the clearing themselves. They were getting closer and closer now and he didn't know how much longer he could last by himself. He wished he had never rested underneath that tree.

To his surprise he heard a new noise up ahead. From the sound of it, it could be a river or steam. He was hoping for the former. If there was any way out of this mess, he might have to get wet. He finally pushed out of the other side of the woods. There was a massive meadow with a small river, probably ten feet wide and ten feet deep at the deepest parts. He at first hesitated for a moment, thinking if anything he had wasn't waterproof, but dove in immediately as soon as he felt something land on his back. To his surprise, the river was quite cold and it shocked him a little.

As soon as he was deep enough he started to swim underneath the surface, against the current. He knew based on how close he was to the ocean, downstream would probably lead him away from Viridian city; even though that was the least of him worries. He started swimming as fast and as far as he could, until he felt like his lungs were burst. When he realized it wasn't worth dying for he quickly surfaced and gave a big gasp of breath. Expecting to be picked apart he raised his forearms over his head, but to his surprise, nothing. He looked around, and there wasn't even a bird in the sky. He looked down stream to see a flock of birds off in the distance. He laughed to himself, dumb birds thought he would roll downstream.

He continued in the water for about another fifteen minutes, just to be safe. He was already wet, so it didn't make much of a difference to him. He finally got out where the river met the woods once more and checked all his belongings. Thankfully his cellphone and wallet were in his backpack, which was water proof. He noticed a message was on the cellphone so he checked it. It was a call from his mom, telling him she loved him, wished him luck and asked him to call her when he reached Viridian city. Oddly enough all he had to take care of was his clothes and hair. His nice clothes would dry up on this nice hot sunny day. However, his gelled hair was a mess, he did it up as best he could, there was still some gel left in it, and he continued on.

If he could guess correctly, the upstream of the river was roughly in the direction of North. He hoped he was right and started following along the river. He travelled along the river for nearly three hours and he still couldn't find any sign of where he was, the main trail was or how close he was to Viridian City. He finally decided to head back into the woods, which he assumed was back towards the path. The trees were quite thick here and it was hard to move through the woods. He really hoped he was going in the right direction. The leaves were a nice green colour and the trees were a dark brown colour.

Again he had been walking for quite a while in the woods, still unsure about where he was and hoping he wasn't too lost. Damn those Spearow, he thought to himself. He kept on walking in the same direction for nearly another hour or two when he suddenly heard a noise above him. Immediately he got close to a tree and huddled down close to the ground. Hoping the Spearow wouldn't spot him. But after a few seconds, he realized this sound was mechanical, and not at all like the shrieks the Spearows made. He looked around, and walked into a clearing once more. He had heard this sound…

It immediately got loud above him, and nearly scarred the crap out of him. Above was the train between Pallet town and Viridian city. It stood on huge black metal pipes, separated every 10 meters or so, and about 40 meters above the ground, over all the trees. Ian quickly realized this was a good thing, now that he knew where the train was, he could follow it all the way to Viridian city. So he began to walk just below the tracks, although walking a good distance away to protect his ears, but always in eye sight of him.

He took this time while he was walking close to the tracks to look up features on his pokedex. One of them was the main pokedex information. He looked up some of the pokemon known to man, and then noticed an even cooler feature. He could find the pokemon usually found on certain routes in the Kanto region. He knew the route between Pallet town and Viridian city was called route 1, so he checked it out. There were six local pokemon in this area. Spearow, Pidgey and Rattata were the far more common, none of which looked appealing to Ian. Poochyena was very rarely seen in this area, but Ian had no care for it either. He also noted both the Nirdoran male and Nidoran female, uncommon in this area. The Nidoran male stood out for him though, it was a cool looking pokemon and searching further, its final evolution of Nidoking was even cooler. "I have to capture this one," he said to himself.

Also looking through more features he found himself laughing at the fact that there was a GPS feature to begin with. He never was lost if he had just taken a look at his pokedex. According to the pokedex, he had gone far into the Eastern side of the tree line between Pallet town and Viridian city, very close to the vast ocean between him and Celedon city. He decided he would continue north slightly away from the train tracks where there appeared to be more meadows and fewer woods for him to cut between. He also noted that the clock said it was eight o'clock already. The sky was still a light blue but the sun had almost disappeared behind the tallest parts of the nearby trees.

He descended down the hill by the forest, into the much more vast meadow below. The train tracks continued along the forest line but would descend back into the meadow a few kilometers across the meadow. In a way, this was a short cut. He travelled for nearly another hour. It was very peaceful here; more peaceful than anywhere else he had been. There were quite streams, colourful flowers and bushes, and the grass blew with the wind. He was enjoying this peaceful moment out in the wild, when all of a sudden something purple jumped out of the purple flowers close to him. He quickly jumped out of the way of an animal charging at his leg with its horn. Had he not caught it with the corner of his eye, he would have been hit.

It was a light purple and had pointed pins all over its body. Ian pulled out his pokedex, hoping this was the one pokemon he was searching for, while the wild pokemon revved its legs on the ground making ready for another charge. "Nirdoran, the poison pin pokemon. It has developed muscles for moving its ears. Thanks to them, the ears can be freely moved in any direction. Even the slightest sound does not escape the pokemon. The larger its horns, the more powerful its secreted venom."

"Alright!" Ian yelled out, "Now's my chance to catch my first pokemon." The pokemon had probably heard him coming and waited in ambush to attack him. Its ears were bigger than the average size of a Nidoran's according to the pokedex, so it must have been a really powerful one for its species. He also felt lucky he had managed to dodge the poisoned tip on its head.

He threw out his pokeball at the ground close to the Nidoran, "Go Bulbasaur!" Ian was greatful to see Bulbasaur was in great shape since the last battle he had been in. It was all thanks to that healing potion probably. If there was ever a time for Bulbasaur to be at full strength, it was now.

The Nidoran was already charging forward at Ian. "Bulbasaur, give it a growl!" Ian called out. Bulbasaur made a growl at the charging Nidoran who seemed to slow down a little in spite of the noise made. "Bulbasaur hit it with a tackle as well!"

"Saur!" Bulbasaur yelled charging forward himself with equal speed. The pokemon clashed into one another. Thankfully bulbasaur was smart and hit below the horn just missing it. Both pokemon took damage from the hit however. Now they were locked in a stalemate, both pushing against one another, trying to gain ground. "Push harder Bulbasaur!" Ian said.

The sun finally came out from behind a cloud for a final peak of the day, before it disappeared. Bulbasaur began to push the Nidoran back with more zeal now to the edge of a hill and gave a great nudge. The Nidoran tumbled backwards down the hill, eventually landing on the bottom. But soon it got back up once more even madder than ever. It gave a great long leer at Bulbasaur with its eyes. "Bulbasaur use growl again!" Ian yelled. Subsequently Bulbasaur let out a great yell to the Nidoran down below, "Bulba!"

The Nidoran charged up the hill once more for another attack, raising its horn and moving fast. "Bulbasaur, counter it with another tackle!" Ian said. Bulbasaur ran down the hill to meet it. However, the mistake Ian made this time was that with Nidoran going up hill, Bulbasaur couldn't tackle from underneath the horn. In a massive collision Bulbasaur was able to inflict some minor damage from a tackle. However, Nidoran's horn scored a direct hit on Bulbasaur. Bulbasaur went flying in the air, landing slightly down more along the slope in pain.

Nidoran turned around again and began to charge downhill once more. "Bulbasaur tackle back up the hill now that you have the lower ground!" Ian called out. Bulbasaur quickly staggered back up and began running up the hill. When they collided this time Bulbasaur got right under Nidoran and lifted it up into the air with his tackle once more sending it flying down further to a few feet past the bottom of the hill. The Nidoran hit the ground hard and struggled to get up for a moment. "Now's our chance Bulbasaur! Finish it with another tackle!" Ian shouted.

Bulbasaur ran down the hill expecting to get a full attack on the injured Nidoran. But as he did so Nidoran got back up and the sun finally disappeared. Enough strength left Bulbasaur that when Nirdoran countered with peck, Bulbasaur was smashed into the nearby stream. Ian couldn't look expecting the worse of his pokemon. Had he not been a grass type pokemon he would have already been infected with poison. However, to his surprise Bulbasaur got up even more recharged than ever.

Ian was a little confused right now so he pulled out his pokedex. "Being like a plant, Bulbasaur gets strength from the earth, water and the sun. Whenever he has all three around him he can amass more strength."

"Of course, with the sun charging him all day, the earth at his feet and now some water to soak up, Bulbasaur has become stronger for it" Ian thought to himself. Restored with confidence Ian shouted, "Bulbasaur finish this thing with another tackle!" Bulbasaur ran towards the Nidoran with surprising speed and smashed right into the side of the unaware pokemon. Nidoran hit the ground, having feinted. Ian wasted no time maximizing one of his pokeballs and throwing it at the captured Nidoran, "You're mine Nidoran!"

Ian watched Nidoran get sucked into the pokeball in a red flash. The pokeball hit the ground, but before Ian could pick up the ball it began to shake a little. He hoped the pokemon wouldn't break free…

Ian returned his Bulbasaur and began to run the remaining distance across the meadow. He needed to make it to the railway at the other side before it became too dark to see anything. Eventually it got so dark he had to slow down to a walking pace and pulled out his flashlight he was carrying. It was just short of ten o'clock by now. He was saved by the set of lights of another train that was heading from Viridian city to Pallet town. It was just another hundred meters ahead of him. When he finally reached it he was in another set of woods.

With his flashlight in hand and the metal pipes to the train tracks above to follow Ian soon made it to Viridian city on the scheduled time of midnight. He arrived at the train station on the east side of town. The city was huge. Not nearly as big as Celedon city from what he could see at this time, but big none the less. There were plenty of lights everywhere that lit up the town.

He decided his first priority was to find the pokemon centre and heal his pokemon as soon as possible. So he walked into the west towards the rest of the city. After travelling several city blocks he had found the pokemon centre close to the centre of the town. It was at the bottom of a large apartment building. There was a large pink neon-light chansey shooting out of the second and third floor and just below it was a large red sign that said "pokemon centre".

Ian got inside. There were a few trainers here and there in the building. Some were sitting on the couches and others were using the computer terminals to access their pokemon information. Ian went straight to the main desk with a nurse with pink hair behind it. "Welcome to our pokemon centre," she said, "I am Nurse Joy. I can take and heal you're pokemon for you if you wish."

Ian nodded his head and gave the two pokeballs to her. She ran them through the machine, "This may take a few moments." Ian decided to take this time to sit down and read a pokemon magazine or two. He would wait for his pokemon to be fully healed. If a trainer came through the door, he would introduce himself and ask if they were from Pallet town. The last of the other six to arrive, he would challenge to a match…

Last edited:

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
  • A cool breeze was flowing through the air, The sun growing orange.
    Oliver and his newly acquired Eevee, nicknamed Aros, traveled on a path out of Pallet Town. The path seemed to go straight, until it let into a field of grass and trees, where potentially new partners are bieng able to be found, just waiting to be K.O. by Oliver and his Eevee and sucked into a pokeball, to have a almost permanent prison. Oliver thought when you looked at pokemon training in that perspective, it should be outlawed, becuase the wild pokemon dosen't know that it is a competition, and it thinks it is going to be captured and sent off somewhere.

Anyway, Oliver didn't looked at that probelem that long, because he knew that the pokemon that would be his new partner today will eventually like him, however bad the process of catching him may be. He knew that at the end of the day when he arrives in viridian city and he lays down to rest at a pokemon center, that he will have a brand new friend, partner and tool, to go exploring with.

The town map Oliver brought with him had the capabilities to show his current location, a bird's eye view of the Kanto region, and was also able to provide an exact map of his current location, with all the builldings towns, the fastest route from one place to another. Oliver thought he could easily get to viridian, but what he was worrired about was if he would get there by nightfall. Eevee could always protect me. Oliver thought, if a wild pokemon attacked him in his sleep, he could always fight it off.

The route was expansive, and it was Oliver goal to catch a pokemon today, but his first problem was where to look first. There were two paths, one though a path with an abundance of trees , or one wthough tall grass. the tall grass looked the most promising, becuase as Oliver remebered from his schooling days,that most wild pokemon can be found in tall grass.

The large stalks of plant material looked intimidating to Oliver, once he stepped through it he was able to be attacked by anything. Trying to stay unperturbed by the menacing fear, Oliver stepped in the grass, bending his knees and crouching to try to find a pokemon.

Wading thorgh the grass was tiring to Oliver, but the determination and the potential excitement kept him going. He wanted to get a new friend badly, and he needed to train his Eevee. Both things were going to be accomplished by the end of the day.

Some movement near a tree attracted Oliver's attention. "Aha! Go Aros! Sand attack!" Aros lifted himself off of Oliver's shoulder, he soared thourgh the air and landed on the other side of the tree. Eevee then positioned himself and blasted a stream of sand at the pokemon with its hindlegs. Oliver ran over to the site to further command Eevee, but when he got there, his excitement receded.

"Where's the pokemon?" Oliver said, although diapointed, was looking left and right for the pokemon. It seemed like it was right there, but it looked like nothing was ever here.

"Hmmm, wierd. I swear there was a pokemon here." Oliver and Eevee walked away, but a reounding growl from behind, frightened them. Oliver took a double take, but when he did turn around, he saw a pokemon coming out from the grass into the clearing in which Oliver and Aros resided.

A black dog like pokemon crept out. I's teeth bared, It was looking like it was defending it's territory. Oliver and Eevee backed away. Gotta think fast, gotta think fast. Oliver ran these words thorugh his mind, thinking of the most strategical option.

"My pokedex!" Oliver flipped out his red machine, opening the cover, he scanned the pokemon.

Poochyena, the bite pokemon. The pokedex chirped with its signature, and rather annoying voice.

A pokemon with a persistent nature. It chases its chosen prey until the prey becomes exhausted.
    "Hmm, that's a cool pokemon."

The poochynea started to approach the two. Oliver looked down at Eevee. it was bearing it's teeth too, although he was not growling. it's fur was clinging up.

"Are you ready Aros?" Oliver whispered to his friend. The Eevee looked up at Oliver, and then readjusted his gaze back on the poochyena. This could get ugly. Oliver took out 2 potions, holding them in his right hand.

"Go eevee, blind him with a sand attack!" eevee swiveled on his paws and launched another stream of sand. Where, you ask. Well right into Oliver.

"pth, pth pth" Oliver spit out the hard grains of sand." Come on Aros. Be careful." Oliver brushed off the sand from his clothes.

"Eevee, sand attack one more time!" This time Eevee positioned itslef perfectly. He flexed it hindlegs and shot out a large stream of sand right into his oppenet's eyes.

The poochyena yelped as it hard granules were lodged into it's eyes.
    It was stunned, and Oliver and Eevee were still battle ready. "Tackle him hard Eevee!" Eevee put his legs into motion and it approacehd the stunned poochyena. A loud clunk resounded on Impact.The poochyena flew back a couple feet. But this time it regained it's footing.

It pivoted around Eevee and bit him right on his side with a Bite attack." Go Eevee, Sand Attack! Make him lose his vision. Nice job! Now tackle him in the rear and swivel away. Yeah , that was perfect!"

The battle between Eevee and the poochyena rounded for several more minutes, until they shook each other apart. Eevee and scartched up and in pain, and the wild Poochyena had bruises and bumps.

"Time for a potion!" Oliver raised the potion handle and pointed it at Eevee. He pulled the trigger and a faint mist surrounded Eevee. It flowed around it, calming and nutruring it. Once it settled, Eevee was revitalized, ready for another pounce on his target.

"Evee, do a super strong tackle!" Eevee backed up, and then sprung himself away. He landed right on poochyena, knocking him senseless and he flew back a couple of feet.

"Yeah! That how it's done! Nice job Eevee." Oliver patted it's head, and realized what the time is now. The poochyena is fainted on the ground, a prime target for catching.

"Are you ready eevee?" Oliver took out a empty pokeball from his utility belt. Pressing the white round button in its center, he let the ball expand.

"Go! Pokeball!" He chucked the pokeball right at the poochyena's head. once it hit, the pokeball levitated above it's body and opened. The round inside flared up with a red light as a wide beam shot down from above, sending the poochyena away from the ground and into the air. It was dematerialzed and stuffed into the pokeball. It fell on the ground, the red button gleaming orange. As the prisoner tried to escape, the pokeball was slightly shaking back and forth, waiting the eventual outcome.......

OOC: I'll be leaving for a camping trip tomorrow, and won't be back until next saturday. So when i come back, I'll post everything that I will be missing in one big post. If it's okay.

Last edited:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • Finding the exit out of Pallet Town was the easiest of the trip, the town was small and you could almost see the exit from a mile away. That was when the tricky part came. Willow had Malik safely in his Pokéball because the truth is, Squirtles weren't known for their speed. Not that the little thing really minded though, she'd promised him a battle with the first Pokémon they saw.
    The first thing she saw were a lot of trees and grass. Coming off of the Magnet Train hadn't been so hard, she just walked right out of it into the town. But now she had to walk what had taken about an hour with the fast train. It was going to be a long walk. The path that was laid out wasn't a very good path, it was merely grass that was trotted upon by thousands and thousands of trainers, losing it's colour and breaking it's leaves, but it still wasn't path worthy.

"Great, they didn't teach us this at trainer school. Now what Pokémon could I catch here again?" She tried to think back to her lessons. They had talked about the appearance of Pokémon in certain areas and their behavior, but that was also a lesson Willow had liked to sleep through. Now she was feeling the sting.
    "Eeehm, Rattata is found almost everywhere in some form, so it has to be here.. Aaaand Nidorans are occasionally spotted here.. Oh! And they recently found a couple of Poochyenas here too, but there are only a dozen around. That's what the teacher said wasn't it? But there was more… A bird of some kind?"
    As if on cue a spiky brown and red bird approached her. She recognized it at once, a Spearow. She inched back, no way in hell was she getting involved with that one. One thing she did pick up in school was that Spearows were bad, bad news. But thankfully the thing saw something else of more interest and left her alone.

Another hour and a half went by where Willow just walked and walked, sometimes seeing something move but it was always just the wind or something too fast for her to follow. She swore she saw something black once but by the time she looked it was already gone.
    "Maybe I ought to go in the grass more? I don't know. Why did I never pay any attention in class?!"
    She didn't take two steps in the grass and a wild Rattata was seen scurrying the ground.
    "See, I was right, there are Rattatas here. Malik, go on buddy," she whispered so that the Rattata wouldn't take note of her, but a good deal that does when your Pokémon comes out with as much noise as it could muster. The Squirtle let out a happy cry when it came out, just before getting an angry glare from its trainer.
    "Well go on and shout why don't you? You're lucky the rat is still there," she sighed before continuing, "Well, go on, tackle it!"
    Malik ran towards the Rattata clumsily and it wasn't a surprise to see the other Pokémon jump aside with speed. It watched the Squirtle with a bit of curious interest, before deciding it wasn't a real threat to its safety and continuing scavenging the ground for food. Apparently it didn't think that was an attack enough to attack back.

"Malik, use Tail Whip then!"
    Obediently the Squirtle started moving its tail left to right in a hypnotic movement. The Rattata was caught staring it as Malik slowly moved backwards toward it. When his tail was almost wagging in Rattata's face Willow commanded Malik to tackle it. The turtle quickly stopped moving its tail and turned around to hit the Rattata in the side. The Rattata yelped and moved into a Quick Attack.
    "Malik, use Tail Whip again!"
    Squirtle once again started hypnotically moving its tail but Rattata was not looking at it but concentrating on Squirtle's face where it wanted to land the Quick Attack. Malik, who was fully concentrating on its tail didn't even see it coming and received a painful blow to the head as punishment.

"Oh, Malik, you need to stay aware of your surroundings," Willow scolded. The Pokémon looked around dizzily before shaking its head and turning back to face Rattata. The opponent was now looking rather triumphant at the Squirtle before using its own Tail Whip. Of course, Squirtle fell for it immediately.
    the Rattata was completely mimicking what Malik had done before, moving closer and closer toward the poor turtle.
    "Malik, come on, snap out of it! You're letting the enemy use your attack against you!. Malik! Malik?" It was no use whatsoever, and Willow could only watch while the Rattata tried to tackle Malik in the face. But, to her surprise, as soon as the tail stopped moving the Squirtle quickly retreated inside its shell. The shell was hit hard and skittered over the grass before coming to an uncertain stop. The tiny head of Squirtle came out uncertainly, as if to see if the Rattata was gone.

"We can still claim this Malik, try to sneak up on it and then hit it from behind." The Rattata was looking around now, now sure where the shell had bounced to. It was entirely oblivious of the little bit of blue visible through the bushes as a turtle came running toward its behind. On quick and powerful attack ended the battle, and Rattata was left unconscious.
    "Good job little one, we'll just leave him here shall we? He'll come to in a little bit. You on the other hand, need some tending." Willow took out a Potion and sprayed a little of its content on Squirtle's head.
    "There, that should be a bit better. You did better than I expected you to," she lied. She had actually expecting him to be better, but then again, she had never battled with such a young little thing.
    "Want to look for more, or hurry to the next town?"
    The Squirtle let out an eager cry that could only mean it had liked the adrenaline from a battle and was in for another one.

And so they searched for more Pokémon, mostly finding only more Rattata, which Malik had definitely stopped liking. Some Spearow also showed their faces, but she carefully avoided those. They were not to be bothered with. A few Pidgeys flew away at the sight of them and she swore she saw some more black in the bushes, but it was still gone before she could look twice.
    The sun was setting now, which slightly unnerved Willow. She really didn't like Ghost Pokémon, and this was their territory. But there was that little patch of black again. Dilemmas, dilemmas. To go to Viridian city, which was pretty close now, she could see the faint lights in the distance, or follow the dark Pokémon she had seen quite some times and possibly find a rare one, but at the same time be scared shitless if she'd see a ghost. She didn't want to miss the chance of a rare Pokémon, but she didn't want to risk an unlucky encounter either. Plus she was getting blisters from these unholy shoes. But she had promised Malik a battle, he'd be so disappointed. Well, the first Pokémon she saw they would battle and then get out of here as fast as she could. Except if it was a Spearow of course, she hated those things.

Before she could even finish thinking, Squirtle let out a cry. He was frantically pointing at something in the distance. When she followed his stump little paw she saw what he was getting so excited about. A black little dog was quickly running away from them into more bushes. Well, it was the next Pokémon they saw..
    "Come one little one, do you think we can follow it?"
    The normally slow Pokémon darted after the dog, which was still too fast for him, but Willow wasn't. She ran after it as fast as she could, Malik on her tail, though getting a little bit behind. It seemed to be running from something rather than chasing something, for it wasn't sniffing or hunting, and it limped just a little. When it saw Willow was right behind it, it started running even faster, but Willow's small legs were pumped with adrenaline and determination and she jumped in front of it. Problem was: The dog was now baring its fangs at her and Squirtle was nowhere to be seen. Great, just great.

But stubborn little Willow was not about to let the Pokémon go that she had so much trouble chasing. What did Pokémon do at this point? Right, Sand Attack!
    There was loose sand all around them and the Poochyena was creeping closer, lowly growling at her. She picked up a handful of sand and threw it at its face. The Pokémon falter in its growl as it tried to shake sand out of its eyes. At that very moment Squirtle crept out of the bushes.
    "Thank god little one, I thought I had lost you. Tackle it!"
    The Squirtle barely had time to catch its breath because the Poochyena had more or less recovered from the sand and let out a piercing howl and ran right towards him. Malik stopped in his tracks, obviously afraid, as the Poochyena ran towards him. Without a command it panicked and started wagging its tail at the dog. Poochyena only continued running and tackled Squirtle's head, his obvious weakest point. It had such an impact that Squirtle ended up sliding across the sand into more bushes, before uncertainly getting up again. This time the Poochyena had its fangs bared and launched an obvious bite attack. It hadn't foreseen Squirtle's shell to be quite as hard as it was though. It tried to bite it while Malik feverishly tried to get away and hit it with his paws, which didn't really do much. The Poochyena shook its head with the Squirtle still in its jaw and threw him away. The flying turtle landing with a hit against the tree, where it curled up inside its shell, afraid of the angry opponent. Willow could only watch in terror, knowing that if she gave Malik a command he would either stay inside his shell, or worse, try to do it and get attacked by the dog. This was not what she signed up for.

The Poochyena charged at the turtle once again, trying again to bit through the shell. It tried everything to get through it. It tackled the shell, which just moved across the ground until the sand stopped it. It tried stick its nose inside the shell, but the hole was too small for it to open its jaw and bite. It tried to bite the tail that was sticking out, but it just got hit in the face because Malik was trembling so much. It tried to thrown sand inside the shell, but its aim wasn't very good due to fatigue.
    The entire shell was shaking because the creature inside was so scared it couldn't stop trembling. In the end the Poochyena just stuck its nose right in front of the front hole and growled deeply. But as soon as it did that a tiny little bubble came from the hole and hit Poochyena in the nose. Soon a few others came after it, just 4 or 5 small bubbles that all hit the black dog's face because it was right in front of the opening. It was entirely thrown off by it and wasn't fast enough when Squirtle came out of its shell and made a (not so straight) run towards him and tackled him onto the nose. The Poochyena fell down from fatigue and from the hit from Malik.
    "Malik, are you okay?!" Willow rand towards the turtle, that was breathing deeply next to the Poochyena. Malik was standing, but only barely, and he was still shaking from head to toe. Willow took out a potion and sprayed it on the Squirtle, but it didn't heal the fear and the shaking, only the wounds.

She smiled at him. "What do you think? Do you want to try and catch this little fellow?" The squirtle shook his head quickly and glanced at the Poochyena with a frightened look.
    Willow laughed, "It's okay, he's not going to hurt you anymore. That was a great battle, you are the bravest Squirtle I have ever met. Let's go to Viridian then, shall we?"
    Before turning around and heading toward the town Willow sprayed the leftover content of the potion on the Poochyena.
    "You were a great foe, little one, now go back to your pack.
    And so she hurried along toward the city, with Malik in her arms, for he was barely able to walk. Their first destination: a Pokémon Center, their second destination: To fight Brock.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
    Years
  • After that embarrassing phone call with Mom, Magby and I got started towards Route 1. We walked. And we walked. And we walked. It was a good thirty minutes, without anything interesting happening, that I finally decided to sit down under the shade of a tree.

"Is this how the rest of my journey's going to be like?" I asked no one in particular. Out of nowhere, something fell out of the tree and onto my head. "What the crap?" I grabbed it and looked at it. It was a Flying-type Pokémon's nest, and it had Spearow eggs inside!

"Crap!" I bolted from the tree as fast as I could, Magby following. I ran because I remembered that Spearow are very protective of their youn- "SPEAROW!!" At that moment, a Spearow swooped down, landed on my head, and started to Peck me like crazy! Then, I remembered that I had Magby.

"Go, Magby!" I said, while pointing at the attacking Pokémon, which just happened to be on my head. Somehow, Magby got the impression that I wanted it to jump on my head. "Magby! I meant, attack the Spearow on my head, not jump on my head!" Magby jumped off and used Smog to cover the Spearow. "Crap, that smells bad!" I said, because Magby had covered my head in smog, as well. I tried moving, but the cloud of noxious fumes just followed me. When I felt the Spearow pass out on my head, I threw a Poké Ball up. A red beam caught the Pokémon and sucked it in. Right then, I realized that I was asphyxiated by the lack of good, clean air, and I passed o-

When I came to, I found that I had gotten oxygen into my lungs because Magby had jumped on my chest and basically pumped air into me after the smog cleared. By now, it was twilight. I checked my digital watch to see just how late it was, and-

"HOLY CRAP!!! I'VE BEEN ASLEEP FOR 9 FREAKING HOURS!!"

I ran over to where the Poké Ball fell off my head, threw it into the air, and- "Spearow!" my newly caught Spearow said as it flew out. Magby and I started dancing. I'm sure, if someone had seen us, that we would have been locked up in a rubber room. I returned it to its Poké Ball and started to run.

I ran all the way to a sign that I could barely read in the fading light: "To all trainers coming from Pallet Town or Viridian City, you're halfway there! Keep it up! P.S. Ash is a loser!" Someone had wrote the "Ash is a loser" text separately and in Sharpie. I wondered who had written it, who was this Ash guy, and why did they fight like that? I pushed those questions out of my mind, as I still had the other half of my journey to go.

About 7/10ths of the way to Viridian, I noticed Magby wasn't with me. "Magby! Magby, where are you?" I called out. Suddenly, running though the foresty part of Route 1 at night didn't seem like such a good idea. I backtracked all the way to the sign. Magby was nowhere to be found! "Crap! Magby, where the heck are you?" Just then, I saw smoke coming from a part in front of me. I ran as fast as I could, and then:

"Crap! It's a forest fire!" And Magby was right in the center of it all.

Last edited:

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Kairi and Pichu were walking though Town when they ran into Kairi's rival,"Hello Jill," Kairi said. "I see you got a Pokemon from the lab Kairi. Well I to have a Pokemon and it's much better then yours," Jill said laughing.

"Oh yea!" Kairi said,"I'd like too see this Pokemon of yours in a battle."

"You'll regrat that Kairi. Come on out!" Jill called throwing a PokeBall. A brown looking fox type Pokemon appeared out of the PokeBall,"Vee!" It said. It had this tought look on it's face. "What is that?" Kairi said taking out her Pokedex and pointing it at the fox,"Eevee, the Evolution Pokémon. It has the potential to evolve into one of five different Pokémon. Depending on the situation it may evolve into, Jolteon, Flareon, Vaporeon, Espeon, Umbreon, Glaceon or Leafeon," the Pokedex told her, as it showed a picture of each evolution.

"That's a lot of evolutions there," Kairi said sounding impressed,'I wish I had an Eevee.' She thought. Kairi put her Pokedex back up. With that the battle started. "Eevee Tackle!" Jill called. "Pichu Thundershock!" Kairi told her Pokemon. Pichu released Thundershock at Eevee, who dodged the attack and hit Pichu full on with Tackle.

"Pichu!" Kairi called. "It's no use Kairi. My Eevee's so much better then your Pichu. You would of been better of to start with Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle instead of a baby Pokemon," Jill said making fun of Kairi and her Pichu. Her Eevee laughed as well. "That's not true!" Kairi screamed. "Pichu pichu!" Pichu screamed as well. But the two continued to laugh.

"Stop that!" Kairi screamed. She turned to Pichu,"It's alright Pichu. I know your no baby. Let's show them what you can do ok." Pichu nodded,"Pichu." Kairi then called out while Jill and Eevee were too busy laughing,"Get onto Eevee's back and ride it like a horse, and use Thundershock!" Pichu nodded and jumped onto Eevee's back,"Pichu." He said.

"Hey! Sneak attacks are no fair!" Jill called. "Well, you should of been paying attention to the battle," Kairi told her. Jill seemed very mad. "Shake that rat off you Eevee!" Eevee tried to shake Pichu off it but it was no use. Pretty soon Eevee just fainted,"Wait ago Pichu! Our first win!" Kairi cheered for her friend.

"Pichu," Pichu cheered getting off of the Eevee. Jill sit down on the ground in front of her fainted Eevee in shock. Kairi just took the prize money from her and walked away.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kairi and Pichu walked out onto Route One. They decided to go after a Pokemon already. Pichu was pretty tried so they decided to have some lunch first. Kairi sit out the blanket out on the ground and pulled out a picnic basket. She then grilled some food. She fixxed Pichu his Pokemon food. Kairi then sit down and pulled out a bottle of apple juice as she waited for the chicken to get done cooking.

Kairi pulled out a book and begin reading. "Pichu! Pichu!" Pichu screamed interuting Kairi from her reading and pointed at a Poochyena that was running off with one of Kairi's chicken legs. "Hey! Come back here!" Kairi screamed, dropping her book. Pichu was already chassing Poochyena down the road calling out,"Pichu!"

Kairi turned off the grill. She then ran down the road chassing down the Poochyena that had stolen her food. Maybe it was just hungry and couldn't find anything to eat. But still it could of at least asked first, Kairi had decided. Once she caught up to it she'd teach that Poochyena to steal from her.

But when she caught up to it she understood why it had stolen from her. The Poochyena was feeding it's sick friend the food. The sick Poochyena wined a bit as it tried very hard to eat the chicken. Kairi and Pichu came out of the bush. The Poochyena saw them and growled at Kairi. It stood in front of it's sick friend trying to protect it. "I just came to help your friend, Poochyena. Calm down ok," Kairi told it.

Poochyena continued growling at Kairi but let her come over to it's friend,"It's burning up!" Kairi panicked. She reached into her bag and pulled out some machicine. She gave it to the sick Poochyena. The Poochyena growled and bit her. It had no idea what Kairi was giving to it's friend there. But if she hurt it's friend she'd pay!

"It's ok, Poochyena. This will make your friend better, ok," she told it. Poochyena stopped bitting her arm and let go. It kinda whined a bit. Kairi could tell that Poochyena was very worried about it's friend,"It's ok, Poochyena. Your friend will be just find. And I'm not mad at you for taking my food either. It was for your friend right," Kairi said grinning.

The Poochyena grinned back and barked happily. Kairi took out a pack of ice and put it on the Poochyena's head and wrapped it up in a blanket. She took it back to camp with the other Poochyena following right behind her. She sit the wrapped up Poochyena on her picnic blanket. "Are you hungry?" She asked the wild Poochyena,"It won't do your friend any good if you strave yourself to death worrying about it."

"Poochi," Poochyena grinned. Kairi cut back on the grill. She then finished grilling her chicken and veggies. She gave some of the chicken to Poochyena who happily ate it with a grin. Kairi ate some of the chicken and veggies. She offered some veggies to Poochyena but it just stuck it's tongue out in discuse. Poochyena was a meat eater and hated eating veggies. It just ate meat.

After all the food was gone Kairi cleared the dishes and put them back into her backpack. She then went and checked on the Poochyena's friend. It seemed a little bit better. Poochyena was sleeping beside it's friend. It seemed very worried about it's friend. Kairi felt for Poochyena. She'd make sure no matter what to help that Pokemon.

Poochyena seemed to trust her now. It now knew that Kairi meant no harm to it or it's friend. Kairi sit down beside the two Poochyena and picked her book back up and begin reading somemore. It was getting kinda late so Kairi sit up the tent, and stuff. Pichu watched the sick Poochyena while Kairi pitched the tent.

By the time that all was done it was late at night. Poochyena was already awake watching it's friend. They were both inside the tent already. Kairi had carried them inside it. She went inside with Pichu. Kairi changed the sick Poochyena's ice pack putting a fresh one in it's place.

Kairi got into her sleeping bag and fell asleep next to the Poochyena. Her Pichu was sleeping on the other side of Kairi. Poochyena laid beside it's friend trying to stay awake all night to watch it. But it just couldn't stay awake and fell asleep next to it's friend.

When Kairi woke up the next day she heard some pecking going on outside the tent. She ran out in her pajamas and saw a Spearow pecking at her tent making holes in it,"Hey! Cut that out!" Kairi demanded at the Spearow. The tent fell over reviewing the two Poochyena. "Spear!" The Spearow screamed dive bombing both Pokemon.

Poochyena stood in front of it's friend growling at the oncoming Spearow. But Kairi took fast action and jumped in front of the two,"Poochyena take care of your friend. I'll deal with Spearow," Kairi told it. Poochyena nodded it's head and went to care for it's friend. It's friend was already awake though and watching Kairi.

"Pichu! Thundershock that Spearow!" Kairi called. "Pichu!" Pichu screamed sending the Thundershock at Spearow. "Spear!" Spearow dodged the attack and went straight at Kairi using it's Peck attack on her,"Ahhhhhh!" Kairi screamed in pain as she took the peck attack. "Pichu!" Pichu hollered screaming Kairi's name. The Spearow came down for another Peck attack.

This time it aimed straight at the two Poochyena,"No!" Kairi screamed. She jumped on top of both of them shielding them with her body,"Don't worry. I won't let anything happen to you," she said painfully as another Peck attack hit her. Pichu aimed Thundershock again but it missed again. The sick Poochyena begin crying as the Spearow came around for another Peck attack. "Pichu!" Pichu screamed.

All of a sudden there was a flash of light under Kairi. It pushed her over. Kairi shielded her eyes. And when she looked again the Poochyena's friend had evolved into a Mightyena,"What is that?" Kairi wondered. She pulled out her Pokedex and pointed it at Mightyena,"Mightyena the evolved form of Poochyena. Mightyena gives obvious signals when it is preparing to attack. It starts to growl deeply and then flattens its body. This Pokémon will bite savagely with its sharply pointed fangs." The Pokedex told her.

"Wow! What a cool Pokemon," Kairi said,"So that's why you were so sick. You were getting ready to evolve." Kairi grinned. The Spearow was in trouble now. Mightyena gave off a mighty roar as it shot Flamethrower at the Spearow,"Spear!" Spearow screamed in pain. It decided to leave. It turned and flew away.

Poochyena was happy it's friend was ok. It could tell that it's friend was in need of far better things now that it had evolved into a mighty Mightyena. It no longer needed Poochyena to look after it anymore. Mightyena and Poochyena had a talk together and Mightyena turned and ran off.

Poochyena then turned to Kairi as if to say,"Now what?" Poochyena wanted to thank this human in some way for saving it's friend's life and helping it to evolve,"Hey, Poochyena since your friend has evolved and left how would you like to come with Pichu and me?" Kairi asked Poochyena. She reached for a PokeBall. Poochyena jumped at her bitting her hand to stop her.

"What is it?" Kairi asked. Poochyena pointed at Pichu barked. "Oh I see! You want to go with me but you want me to battle you first and catch you like any other wild Pokemon right?" Kairi asked. Poochyena nodded it's head. Yes, that is what it wanted. "Alright your on Poochyena!" Kairi told it. She got Pichu ready to fight.

The battle then begin. The first thing Poochyena did was run at Pichu with a Tackle attack. "Use Thundershock Pichu!" Kairi called. Pichu released Thundershock at Poochyena but it just dodged around the attack and kept running at Pichu. It tackled him sending Pichu sliding across the ground. "Pichu," Pichu repiled coming to a haul.

"Charm attack!" Kairi called out. Pichu used Charm lowing the Poochyena's attack level by two. Poochyena roared and used Sand Attack on Pichu lowing his rate of hits. Pichu coughed binded by the attack. Poochyena then ran at Pichu using Bite attack and bit him. Pichu screamed in pain. He held his sore paw where Poochyena had bit him. It was bleeding. "Pichu! Are you ok?" Kairi asked. Pichu nodded, still able to battle.

"Ok, fight back with Thundershock!" Kairi screamed. Pichu shot Thundershock but missed because of the Sand Attack. Poochyena stood there thinking what to do next. It didn't want to use it's Howl attack. That would just chass Pichu away, and Poochyena wasn't about to end this battle the coward's way. So, it jumped at Pichu bitting him on the leg this time.

Kairi had to do something. She stood there and thought. She then remembered her fight with Jill's Eevee. If she played her cards right that could work again. After all Poochyena was shaped just like Eevee. It could work. Kairi saw Poochyena heading at Pichu with another Tackle attack and waited until the last minute before screaming,"Now! Jump onto Poochyena's back and hold on just like what you did with Jill's Eevee!"

Pichu jumped up into the air and landed on Poochyena's back. It wasn't too happy about having Pichu on it's back either. Poochyena started jumping up and down hollering trying to shake Pichu off,"Thundershock!" Kairi screamed. Pichu released Thundershock into the Poochyena's body.

But the Poochyena had released Sand Attack again at the same time. After Pichu shocked Poochyena he coughed from the sand and lost his grip on the Poochyena and fell off it's back. Poochyena tried to strike back with Bite but it couldn't move. It had been Paralyzed when it had made contact with Pichu, cause of Pichu's ability to sometimes paralyze a foe on contact with it.

"Yey! Wait ago!" Kairi cheered her Pokemon on. "Pichu! Pichu!" Pichu cheered as well. It wouldn't take too much longer for Poochyena to be knocked out. Poochyena tried again to move but it still couldn't move at all. Poochyena was full paralyzed on the spot. "Thundershock it again!" Kairi yelled. "Pichuuuu!" Pichu screamed shocking the helpless Poochyena. Since Poochyena couldn't move it was a cirtial hit.

Poochyena howled in pain as it was shocked to death. It whined very loudly as it tried it's hardest to move. Poochyena then managed to move one leg. It then rolled over. "Pichu! Watch out!" Kairi screamed. Pichu jumped out of the way. Poochyena rolled passed Pichu and hit Kairi's leg.

"What are you doing Poochyena?! Your battle's with Pichu not me!" Kairi said pushing the little puppy type over to Pichu. "Yena," it said, telling her sorry. Of course that little move made Poochyena be able to move around again. It ran at Pichu with a Tackle attack. Pichu jumped out of the way. "Use Charm again!" Kairi called. Pichu charmed Poochyena lowing it's attack somemore.

The battle had been going on for a long time now. And Kairi was starting to get pretty hungry. Kairi looked over at Pichu and Poochyena. Both Pokemon looked like they were about to stare to death. Both there stomachs started growling,"Don't worry we'll eat after the battle," Kairi reassured them.

The battle continued. Poochyena ran up and bit Pichu on the ear spitting it's ear into a notched shape,"Pichu!" Kairi cried. She started sobbing. Poochyena looked like it was about to panic, thinking,'What have I done!' But Pichu didn't seem hurt at all. As a matter of fact Poochyena just gave it a new look. It's ear now looked like a notched ear,"Notched Ear Pichu huh," Kairi said kinda giggling.

It wasn't really all that funny though. Pichu could of bleed to death and died. Pichu turned back to the battle and continued it. Pichu looked mad about Poochyena messing up the shape of his ear and ran and butted it with his head knocking Poochyena into a tree,"Pichuuuu!" Pichu screamed using Thundershock not waiting for Kairi's orders.

Poochyena tried to get up but Pichu in a rage jumped at Poochyena landing on it's back again. He bit it on the ear and wouldn't let go,"Pochi!" Poochyena screamed painfully running around with Pichu dangling from it's ear. Pichu released Thundershock into Poochyena's body.

Poochyena then fainted to the ground. Pichu let go of Poochyena and shocked it one more time before backing off, and walking over to Kairi with this proud look on his face,"Pichu," he said. "Wow Pichu!" Kairi said impressed. She pulled out a PokeBall and threw it at Poochyena hoping to catch it. Kairi watched the PokeBall shake with Poochyena in it.

(OOC: Please say I caught it. I've worked for two days trying to make my post perfect. This is the best I could come up with.)

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2009
    The day was still quite sunny as Kenny walked along the road that would take him to Viridian City. His Charmander was walking alongside him and it was quite happy to have left Professor Oak's lab it was singing and Kenny was whistling but also keeping an eye out for wild Pokemon.

"Where are the wild Pokemon?" Kenny asked in a frustrated tone. His question was answered nearly immediately when a Pidgey walked right in front of him.

"Alright, time for my first battle!" He shouted "Charmander, scratch now!"

Charmander ran towards the Pidgey about to scratch it when it flapped its wings and used sand attack making Charmander blind.

"No! Charmander are you okay?" asked Kenny, running to Charmander. Kenny got some water out of his bag and used it to get the sand out of Charmanders eyes but the Pidgey had flown away.

"Charmander" said the Pokemon sorrowfully.

"Don't worry Charmander," assured Kenny, "we'll get it next time."

Kenny decided to stray off the path and look for more Pokemon in the trees but it took him an hour before he found one in a little clearing. It was a dog like Pokemon with gray fur.

"What Pokemon is that?" He asked, getting out his pokedex.

"Poochyena, the dog Pokemon. Poochyena are very persistent and chases prey until they become exhausted but if the prey strikes back it can try to flee."

"Okay, Charmander, we won't let this one get away. Use scratch!" Kenny shouted.

The fire Pokemon ran towards it and scratched it a couple of times from behind. The Poochyena howled in pain which quickly turned into a howl.

"Charmander scratch again!"

Charmander charged towards the wild Pokemon but it dodged and used bite from behind.

"No! Are you alright?" Kenny called out.

"Charmander!" It shouted

"Yeah! Now use growl!"

Charmander did a fierce growl at Poochyena which made it freeze in fear.

"Now's our chance! Charmander use scratch!" Shouted Kenny.

Charmander ran towards the dog and scratched it a couple of times until the dog fainted. Charmander had defeated the Pokemon.

"Now go pokeball!" Kenny said, throwing the red and white ball. The Poochyena was sucked into the pokeball which fell to the ground rolling, trying to keep Poochyena inside. But it wasn't enough the Pokemon came back out throwing the pokeball towards Kenny hitting him on the nose and knocking him over.

"Ouch!" Kenny said rubbing his nose. He looked towards where Poochyena should be but it had fled. "NOOOOO! Come on Charmander I need to capture that Poochyena."

Kenny started running further in to the forest with Charmander following. Kenny searched and searched but couldn't find Poochyena and it was getting dark when he gave up.

"Oh well," sighed Kenny, "I better get to Viridian City it's getting pretty late out." Kenny looked around but couldn't see much due to the trees in all directions. "Err where is the way out?" He asked but no one was around except his Charmander.

Kenny started to panic and ran in any direction but still couldn't get out of the forest. The sun was hovering over the sunset and when it hit darkness Kenny would never be able to get to Viridian City.

"Someone help me!" Kenny shouted. Suddenly a bush rattled and Kenny looked around to see what it was. "Charmander get ready to battle" Kenny said in fear. To his surprise a Pidgey right before him.

"What is that?" Kenny asked, taking out his pokedex.

"Pidgey," said the mechanical voice, "the bird pokemon. Pidgey is very calm and rarely attacks humans it is a good navigator and never gets lost."

Kenny slowly walked up to the bird and got some Pokemon food out of his bag. "Here Pidgey have some of this" He said calmingly, as he out food onto his hand and held it out for the Pokemon. The Pidgey slowly walked over to him looking suspiciously as it took the food. "There you go eat it all up" Kenny grinned.

The bird Pokemon ate it up happily and Charmander made friends with it as well. "Hey Pidgey," Kenny asked it once it had finished eating, "would you help us get to Viridian City please. We got a little lost chasing a Poochyena."

"Pidgey!" It happily chirped.

"Great!" Kenny smiled, "Lead the way." Pidgey started to lead Kenny and Charmander to Viridian City but it was getting dark and Kenny worried that it would be quite awhile before they got there.

The sun had just gone down when Kenny saw a light and the forest exit. "Yes!" Kenny shouted, "Its Viridian City."

They were just outside it with the big forest behind them. It was full of big buildings with lights on and people inside and on the outside talking and laughing and near the middle of this city was the big Pokemon Center.

"Now time to get some sleep," He yawned, "but first Pidgey I'm gonna catch you!"

"Pidgey!" The little Pokemon said fiercely.

"Okay Charmander go use scratch!" He shouted.

The little lizard ran towards the bird and delivered a powerful scratch.

"Pidgey!" It shouted in pain.

"Great use scratch one more time!" Kenny shouted.

This time the bird was ready and easily dodged it then used gust.

"Quick, Charmander dodge it," He called and Charmander jumped out of the way, "yes now use your growl!"

Charmander growled at Pidgey and it froze but only for a fraction of a second. Pidgey then used tackle coming from the side it was impossible to dodge and Pidgey hit Charmander with full force knocking it down.

"Char..." Charmander said weakly as it stood back up.

Pidgey was coming in for another tackle.

"Charmander jump and use scratch!" Kenny called out.

Charmander started running towards the oncoming Pidgey and just before tackle hit Charmander jumped into the air and attacked Pidgey's back making it fall to the ground.With Charmander panting hardly as it landed right next to Pidgey

"It's now or never," Kenny said getting a pokeball out, "go pokeball!"

The ball hit Pidgey and sucked it inside then it started rolling. Kenny hoped that it was enough.

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
  • Chapter II; Viridian City

Day One (Night)

If you haven't reached Viridian City in the last Chapter, you must do so at the beggining of your post. Viridian City is home to the usual things.​

Pokémon Academy: A place to learn about Pokémon, movesets, types, evolution, etc. Good for new trainers passing by.
    Viridian Gym: Gym Leader is out of town.
    Pokémon Center: A center run by Nurse Joy to heal injured Pokémon and refuge for travelling trainers.
    Trainer House: A place for strong trainers to come and battle each other. Currently Closed Until Further Notice.
    Pokémart: Sells the usual Poké Items. Closed Due To Police Investigation (Robbery).

First Post: Upon reaching Viridian City, you notice a lot of police are around. With Officer Jenny's from all over Kanto rushing to the crime scene, the Pokémart. Out of the list above, only two is really available to you and it's been a long day so no time for training.

By the end of this post, it should be getting late at night, find somewhere to sleep and your first day as Pokémon Trainer will be over.

- If you decide to go to the Pokémon Academy, please be aware it shall be closing. Come back the next day.

Day Two

It's a new day but due to the robbery yesterday, the road to Viridian Forrest is closed as it's being searched by many Growlithe. So until tommorow, you must spend the day in the city. The same list applies from yesterday, but now you have the time to do it, or perhaps some training? Get to know your Pokémon.​

Second Post: There is plenty to do, some training? Battle a trainer (Maybe someone from the role play) Pokémon Academy? Visit the crime scene and see what the fuss is about? Up to you.

You must end the post at night, same as before find somewhere to sleep.

Pokémon

Growlithe

Type: Fire
    Rarity: N/A
    Ability: Flash Fire / Intimidate
    Moveset: N/A
    This Pokémon is un-obtainable, it already has a trainer.

Chansey

Type: Normal
    Rarity: N/A
    Ability: Natural Cure / Serene Grace
    Moveset: N/A
    This Pokémon is un-obtainable, it already has a trainer.

- You can do it all in one post if you wish.

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    ((OOC: Get ready guy with the Bulbasaur))

Kairi was happy that she had caught the Poochyena. She let it out of the PokeBall,"Glad to have you with us Poochyena," she grinned. "Pooo," Poochyena said happily. Even though she was very tried after her battle with Pichu. Poochyena was kinda mad as well for having lost to a Pichu. She growled at Pichu.

"What's wrong Poochyena?" Kairi asked her. She looked at her Pichu who was also tried as well,"Oh I see. Your mad at having lost to Pichu huh," she said. Poochyena nodded yes,"But don't worry about it. You'll win tons of battles Poochyena and I'm sure you and Pichu will learn to like each other in time."

Kairi then returned the tried out Poochyena to her PokeBall. She picked up her Pichu and continued on walking towards Viridan City. She hoped she wouldn't run into anymore wild Pokemon. Her Pokemon were far too weaken to handle anymore fights right now.

But Kairi got lucky as she made it to Viridan City just as it turned nightfall. Kairi decided to go heal her Pokemon at the Pokemon Center and spend the night there.

Kairi walked though the doors of the Center and up to Nurse Joy,"Please heal my Pichu and my Poochyena please," she told her as she handed Pichu to her, along with Poochyena's PokeBall,"Also I'd like a room for the night."

"Of course," Nurse Joy said. She gave her, her room number and handed her a room key,"Your Pokemon will be ready in about an hour," she told her,"Thanks," Kairi said as she went up to her room. She unpacked her things and came back downstairs.

When Kairi had came back downstairs she saw a blond headed boy checking in a Bulbasaur and a Nidoran male to be healed. She saw him go and sit down while he was waiting for his Pokemon to be healed. Kairi decided to strike up a conversation while she waited for her Pokemon to be healed,"Hi are you a traveling trainer? Did you just get into Viridan City? Me too. I'm Kairi, I'm a Coordinator," Kairi said introducing herself to the boy.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2009
    Ian kept wait at a seat by the door, thinking of what he would say to the last pokemon trainer from Pallet town. Then he realized how weird it would be for him to approach every trainer that walked into the pokemon centre. How can I figure out who is a pokemon trainer from Pallet town? He continued to wonder and then took out his pokedex. If it has a GPS it should be able to help him out with this.

He began to search through the pokedex, looking for anything that could tell him about the other trainers. Then he stumbled on to something called "The trainer database." When Ian opened it up it listed every pokemon trainer within the Kanto region that had registered up with places like Pallet town. He did a search and up came the trainers who received pokemon from professor Oak that year. There were six of them including Ian, and all their trainer cards and information were posted:

Kenny Jones From Pallet Town

Willow Marinier From Vermillion City

Diego Johansen From Goldenrod City

Oliver Harding Jr. From Saffron City

"Very neat feature on the pokedex" he thought to himself. Most of them were a lot younger than him. Had he really begun his journey this late? He was caught by the one trainer who started out with Pichu, the pokemon he had originally wanted. He didn't care too much now but he hoped she would arrive last so she could be the one he could challenge.

Just then a trainer walked through the door. She had orange hair and was holding a turtle pokemon in her hands. Ian pulled out his green pokedex. "Squirtle, the turtle shell pokemon. It shelters itself in its shell, then strikes back with spouts of water at every opportunity." Ian noticed that this was the trainer who left Pallet town with squirtle. Her name was Willow.

Ian quickly turned back to his seat as she locked eyes with him. He pulled up a magazine and read some more, trying to act casual. A few other trainers came by here and there, but being a very impatient person, Ian began to loose interest. A few moments later a sound came to the speaker, "Would Ian O'Connor please come to the front desk?"

Ian stood up and made his way to the front desk. Nurse Joy was standing there with a tall pink egg shaped pokemon. Ian pulled out his pokedex.

"Chansey, the egg shaped pokemon. Chansey is a kind pokemon that is said to deliver happiness. It shares its eggs with injured people and pokemon."

It towered nearly as tall as Ian, but was easily larger and bright pink. "Chansey!" it said placing a tray on the table with two pokeballs. Nurse joy walked up beside it, "Here is your Bulbasaur and Nidoran back. Would you like a room for the night since it is so late?"

Ian nodded, "Yes that would be nice." He grabbed the keys and the two pokeballs and let out his Bulbasaur and Nidoran. They both came out in a flash of light. "Bulba!" "Nid!" Both of them looked extra happy after being healed at the pokemon centre and looked ready for another battle. Ian petted the creatures for a few minutes, playing around with them and stuff before he decided to hit the sack, and call it a night.

He went to his room, which was surprisingly nice, considering it didn't cost him anything. A nice bed, a desk, bathroom and a shower. He locked the door, set his stuff on the counter and fell onto his bed. He drifted into a quick sleep.

Last edited:

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    OOC: Sorry for posting this here, but Haldariad56 you are god modding here by controlling my character. And I don't like it. I can speak for myself.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • Aaaaah, Veridian City. The place was Willow's home, but she wasn't quite happy to be there. No, if it was up to her, she would rather leave again come early morning. Get out of the place. She did not want to be recognized by anyone.
    But her plans had been thwarted by a robbery. A robbery for god's sake! Why now? Apparently the Poke Mart had been robbed and police was everywhere you looked. Great, just great.

Willow decided to go to the Center, hope that nobody would recognize here, get a room and sleep. That was all she really wanted to do. Chasing that Poochyena had worn her out quite a bit. And she was still carrying the frightened little Squirtle.

When she entered the center, the first thing she noticed was that it was pretty busy for a late night. But then she remembered that she hadn't been the only one receiving her first Pokemon and so she wouldn't be the only one travelling through Veridian City. She quickly walked to the desk, where a nurse was waiting for any harmed Pokemon.

"Uhm, hello? Could you please help my Squirtle, he's been hurt by a Poochyena. Also, is there a room available for me?"

"Of course, He won't be long, the injuries aren't very bad. Come back in an hour at most," the nurse gave her the key to a room before she took Marik and took him to a room Willow couldn't see. Looking around the room Willow noticed the stairs that lead to the guest rooms of the Center. She immediately decided to go upstairs, unlock the door and fall down on the bed. She could fall asleep right now, but she had to be back down in an hour. So instead she decided to take a nice hot shower. It was really nice to feel warm and clean and her muscles definitely liked the hot water.

Coming out of the shower Willow dress in a yellow sun dress that that would double as her sleepwear during her journey. She draped her wet hair in a towel and looked over at the clock. Half an hour left to fill. She didn't want to eat anything without Malik, who would most likely be starving himself. So she took a book from a little shelf that someone most likely left behind and started reading. The book was a novel about a land without Pokemon, where big cities were everywhere and a large portion of the world was starving. It centered around a boy living in something called the 'slums' of a place called Mexico City. It was strange but good, and before she knew it it was time to pick up Squirtle.

Willow took them to a local restaurant to take out some Spaghetti for her and some Poke Food for him. They ate in their hotel room, Malik was entirely better. He wasn't quite as frightened anymore, in fact, he almost seemed totally over the shock.
    After finishing their food they decided to go to sleep, even though Willow stayed up until late reading her strange book.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back