• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Rocket Rising

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2021
    Hey, I'm currently stuck on a puzzle which is in the building you enter by interacting with the fake pokeball. I know the hint to the answer is "The password to the door is December", but I'm still stuck.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2020
    Great rom yes but i'm still suck after helped Idris at cerulean vs scientists , i can't enter Mt Moon or neither go back to celadon as pad aren't working . Is anyone having the same problem ? Do i have to restart the game and play at an old version to be able to pass this bug ?

Edit : nvm , fixed by switching saves

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2024
    Btw, for the "Good" ending, Redra and Giovanni should to be nerfed, or there should be a better place to grind other than cerulean cave.

Years
  • I'm stuck, I helped Idris in Cerulean and I need to go to viridian city to help Reda, but, I can't go into Mt. Moon, it say's "Cerulean has really beefed up security. Mt. Moon might also be dangerous. I should avoid letting cops see me. If a cop is coming, I should find somewhere shadowy to hide"
    Diglett cave is also not an option, because at the end of the diglett cave in pewter city, there is a rocket blocking the way to the forrest, I'm playing the newest version btw.

Years
  • Great rom yes but i'm still suck after helped Idris at cerulean vs scientists , i can't enter Mt Moon or neither go back to celadon as pad aren't working . Is anyone having the same problem ? Do i have to restart the game and play at an old version to be able to pass this bug ?

Edit : nvm , fixed by switching saves

What do you mean, switching saves?
    I have the same problem but only one save slot used

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2020
    Okay so. I can't do much during a pandemic, but I can at least provide entertainment.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/u80d6oxofc1gn9b/RocketRisingtemp.exe/file

It's rough, but that should have a quick fix for the Pewter cave issue. It's been AWHILE since I've looked at anything else to see what needs to be done.
    I'll get out an actual patch later on, sorry guys.

4/13: Finished up the Millie recruitment quest, still need to test out the Pokemon she lends you.
    Gonna change the Lavender Gym quest so that the rocks are just Pokeball items, since they seem to be hard to find while dodging Zubats.
    Adjusted the Lieutenant dialogue right before the Idris Cerulean mission, so it should have a better flow to it. You won't be able to talk to them "out-of-order" now and get a confusing conversation.
    I don't think anyone has been having issues with the Advantage system, but I streamlined it anyway into a common event.

My file has a broken script. After I did the Idris mission, I went back to speak to the lieutenants for the next quest, but their dialogue doesn't change and I'm able to restart the Idris mission. I can go back into Cerulean Cave, but she isn't there like she was the first time. Also, Seismic Toss doesn't work. I love the game so far, but I'm a bit disappointed I can't proceed because I just spent a ton of time grinding.

Edit: So, I went to the Power Plant knowing that's the next destination and I find the man who wants me to steal a Pokemon from a child. The one who wants it to be "electrifying" while I do so. He walked in and when I attempted to follow, my character says "It's sealed tight".

Hm, so you completed the mission but then when transported back to the base, could start it over again? That's strange, what number of Plot Checkpoints do you have? You should have 15 after gaining Idris, then 16 once you get a new pokemon. 16 allows you to talk to the Lieutenants and start the power plant mission.
    Seismic toss works on my end, what issue are you having?

4/14: Need to test out a Shopkeeper Recruit in Viridia. That makes 27/30 recruits done. Whew.

Last edited:

Silent Memento

Future Authoress
    Years
  • Found a bug on the temp file: if you recruit Akemi (the witch who gives you the mutagen) and she gives you levels, you can't click the "party" button on the main menu without it crashing. Two of my spliced Pokemon (Gengar and Tentacruel) evolved due to the level gifting, so I'm not sure if that's the cause or if it's just a bug.

Also, I'm not sure how to recruit Millie. I know you have to find a Pokemon, but I'm not sure where it is.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2020
    Progress: Updated the Temp download to be more recent.
    Fixed previous bugs, added in Lauritz in Viridian City. Millie is finished, but her Pokemon needs some serious adjusting.
    Working on including Focus Band as an item.
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/u80d6oxofc1gn9b/RocketRisingtemp.exe/file
    Found a bug on the temp file: if you recruit Akemi (the witch who gives you the mutagen) and she gives you levels, you can't click the "party" button on the main menu without it crashing. Two of my spliced Pokemon (Gengar and Tentacruel) evolved due to the level gifting, so I'm not sure if that's the cause or if it's just a bug.

Also, I'm not sure how to recruit Millie. I know you have to find a Pokemon, but I'm not sure where it is.

Okay, looks like that was an issue with the Spliced Gengar and its picture. Should be fixed in the vers. I just posted.
    Millie is in Fuchsia, and after the park event there you can go into the Safari Zone with her. Her Pokemon is found near the Warden's house.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    How far do you plan to take this game? I mean the story is complete and you are just adding side quest. Once you finish all of them what do you plan to do?

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2020
    How far do you plan to take this game? I mean the story is complete and you are just adding side quest. Once you finish all of them what do you plan to do?

I'd consider it "complete" once you're able to get all the recruits and use them in some of the sidequests. So, not that much more to do.
    Eventually it'll be really nice to close the chapter on Rocket Rising and start working on some other stuff, but for right now working on it still makes me really happy.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2020
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/0v7maa45eh662hg/RocketRising1.1.exe/file

Updated the 1.1 download to be more current, boosted Millie's loaner pokemon to be less painfully slow. Once recruited, you'll find her on Floor 3 of the Celadon base.
    Gambler Guy in Fuchsia will gamble you, and if you win enough times you'll get a mutagen. It's a fairly simple event, but it does the trick.
    You might notice an addition to Rt 6, it'll eventually include your 29th recruit, but for now it's just decorative.
    I also think I've figured out what to do for the 30th (and final) recruit. Working on it, but I'm excited to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Also this download includes Allura, she's found in Cerulean in the previously For Sale house. After PlotCheckpoint 21 there will be an event inside the Saffron Base, and she is recruitable after that event. Anything inside the Rocket bases has a HIGH potential for bugs (because of all the recruits you may or may not have) but I tried to test this pretty thoroughly. Let me know if anything breaks.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    SO, in the mission with the guy Admin, in the Center in Saffron, there's a door asking "Please enter the amount" what amount? Of what? A little hint would be nice.

Silent Memento

Future Authoress
    Years
  • Sparhawk, they're asking for the total number of the number-codes for all of the doors. Basically, you add all the answers to the doors and the final answer is what you put in. Or, you could always look up the answers; it's on the first page of this thread.

To SaltRoad, I have a bug to report: I'm playing the evil route, and I can't talk to the scientist or the Daycare person after the Saffron Pokecenter mission.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2020
    SO, in the mission with the guy Admin, in the Center in Saffron, there's a door asking "Please enter the amount" what amount? Of what? A little hint would be nice.

SilentMemento replied above but,
    Either combine all of the hints you've gotten
    or combine all of the answers you've put in.

If you just want the exact numbers it's in the Main walkthrough on page 1 of this thread.

To SaltRoad, I have a bug to report: I'm playing the evil route, and I can't talk to the scientist or the Daycare person after the Saffron Pokecenter mission.

Hm, do either of them say anything at all when you try to talk to them? Or, does nothing happen at all?

Silent Memento

Future Authoress
    Years
  • Nothing happens. They don't say anything at all. Also, I'm not sure if the Gambling Mutagen is after some time, but I went to Fuchsia, and he only said that he was banned from Celadon.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2020
    Nothing happens. They don't say anything at all. Also, I'm not sure if the Gambling Mutagen is after some time, but I went to Fuchsia, and he only said that he was banned from Celadon.

Okay, I think I figured it out. Both of those glitched people use the same eventing menu to pick which pokemon you're either Mutating, or leaving at the Daycare. That variable must have gotten increased at some point, which will break both of them.
    I'll add in a thing to the Glitch Board on lvl 1 of the Base that'll fix it.

Gambling Dude will gamble with you after you've given him the coins from the Saffron salon quest.

Back