• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Role Models

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    None. If I do, it's probably me, who tries to be original

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • John Mayer. I strive to play guitar as well as him. XD;

And my parents, even though that's fairly generic. They've helped me most through my life and I'd like to be just like them when I'm a parent myself.

Years
  • I've always admired one of my older brothers. He has traits that I can't help but to look up to. He's always had the best personality, and even though he puts up a comically tough front, he's has the biggest heart I've ever seen.

I also admire a close friend for being the most fiercely independent person I have ever known. She taught me to walk on my own two feet and have some confidence in myself when I was just a youngin'.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    Really my parents don't seem much of role models,I look up to my sister though.
    Oh and ya know my favorite celebs at times.
    and my friend shivi.

Last edited:

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • The only people you should really look up to as role models are people who you could actually benefit from copying or idolising. It's also better to have a role-model that actually cares about you, not just some random celebrity that happens to fit your criteria of "role-model". Having said that, people have their own views on who should be their role-model, and I shouldn't be interfering with their choices. It's a person's choice who they look up to, in the end, and no one should tell you who or what you want to follow in life.

To answer the question, I really don't have a single role-model. I take different traits from different people and combine these traits to make me who I am. I don't like a person as a whole, because there may be something about that person who isn't compatible with me.

In other words, I don't have a role-model; rather, I look up to different qualities from different people and try to emulate these qualities.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Bowser, Waluigi, and Galactic Commander Mars.

IRL, probably Robert C. Hazard, Jr., former CEO of Quality Inns and the man responsible for its rise to prominence during the 1980's.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
  • I look up to Vic Mignogna. Not as a voice actor but a person. He always inspires me to great things. I have met him in real life and he is like the one person I can say as a rolemodel. I love his work but also him as a person. There is always a reason for me to always do what I could never do and its because of him. That's why when I discovered he was going to Saboten here I LITERATLY bolted into my parents bedroom and PLEADED them to let me see him. He was the voice actor that I wanted to see first. Because he is my rolemodel and the characters he does, the laughter he provides me with... it's endless.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • I look up to:

● Stephen Fry & Oscar Wilde for their intelligence, way with words, and not caring what other people think of them. This latter argument is more relevant for Oscar Wilde, who didn't hide his ~deviant~ sexuality even when in court. It really made me admire him.

● John Lassiter and the rest of the original Pixar team, who worked tirelessly day and night on low wages to make Pixar what it is today. AND THAT IS NOT DISNEY. Disney and Pixar are two very different companies. Disney even fired Lassiter in the 90's because he wanted to use CGI animation, and they thought that was whacked out and dangerous. :/ To a lesser extent, I also look up to Steve Jobs for saving Pixar, even though it was a big risk at the time, and George Lucas for giving them an early chance, even though he also later gave up on them.

● Hans Zimmer, for his beautiful musical ability. I'm not a naturally musical person (I couldn't even learn the guitar, sadface), but his instrumentals have helped me time and again when I've been depressed or needing inspiration. :]

● My Father, for the way he valiantly battles against his severe depression every day. When I had a breakdown last year, it was his help and advice that kept me going.

Back