• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
No problem, you can always ask if there's anything else you wonder.

And of course! Those are among the most common and popular RPs. I'm not sure I remember them all, but I can direct you to one with open spots where I'm a player myself: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=234451 It's a bit slow-moving atm, since everybody seems to have exams or something >.< *raises hand*

Also, I've been thinking about opening up another spot in the RP where I'm a game master, since it's moving realllly slow. But I'll check in with the current players again first. It's here, anyways, if you want to look: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=242514

OH RIGHT, there is a new open one I know of by the way. It's set in a region made up by the GM, but he spent a lot of time thinking it up, I can assure you xD Based on Sinnoh: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=246150

killet513

Death the Kid
Years
^ I would love to join if you do open up a spot. I love the way you did that RP and was sad when I saw that all of the spots were filled when I was about to sign-up.

Years
Oh my, only 2 open spots in my first Journey RP. I've a feeling it's gonna be fun being the GM of it. xD

Spots are selling fast like hotcakes! Come get them, we have peanut, blueberry and even almond flavoured ones too! :D

Years
Oh dear, no one seems to be wanting to take the grass starters in my Journey RP. Maybe I should redo and change them? Or maybe I should just wait and see if anyone might take them? Sigh, do Sunkern and Tangela really have a low and bad fanbase in PC? :S

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Fyi, I love Sunkern and Tangela! I just think Buizel suited my character better :3

But, Pansage maybe? One of the most interesting grass pokémon imo, and the best in the monkey trio :3

Years
I'm not touching the Gen V pokemon in this RP as I don't really know them well and so do many others. And this is based on Sinnoh so its natives go first.....I guess. I'll be hosting a Gen V Journey RP in the future, if I can come up with another fantastic plot. XD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Well in that case, maybe have electric or ground type starters instead? Or just wait until the spots fill up :3

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2012
Well in that case, maybe have electric or ground type starters instead?

Agreed, I would join, buut... no me gusta either sunkern or tangela, and I don't want to join just to quit ONLY because I hated my starter. I guess I could come up with a character that would drop it for the first pokemon they see... Hmm...

Years
@RHCP: I'm making myself follow strictly to the norm of starters; Fire, Water and Grass. And I'm going only for the pure ones. Maybe I'll switch one of the current ones to Cherubi? But Cherubi at Lv 5 has Tackle only...which sucks. I think I'll just wait for them to be snatched up, who knows? :>

@Lynette: Gusta?? Well, you could always catch other Grass types to replace the starter. I don't really bother about having the Pokemon I don't normally like when I RP. Soon, I learn how to like or not dislike them through the perspective of my RP character.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2012
@Lynette: Gusta?? Well, you could always catch other Grass types to replace the starter. I don't really bother about having the Pokemon I don't normally like when I RP. Soon, I learn how to like or not dislike them through the perspective of my RP character.

Gusta is a conjugation of to like in spanish. No me gusta means I don't like. And as for the Role Play, I'm not sure how anyone would give up their first pokemon unless they're one of those abusiv-- I may have an idea for a character! Haha, that is unless you're willing to change one to maybe an oddish? I'd be chill with oddish...

Years
Gusta is a conjugation of to like in spanish. No me gusta means I don't like. And as for the Role Play, I'm not sure how anyone would give up their first pokemon unless they're one of those abusiv-- I may have an idea for a character! Haha, that is unless you're willing to change one to maybe an oddish? I'd be chill with oddish...

Well....I have planned Oddish as one of the wild Pokemon in a route.....but maaybbe, I could do a tiny switch and change one of the current starters to an Oddish but also make Oddish an available-to-catch Pokemon? Technically, starter Pokemon are exotic and one-of-a-kind.. :/

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Maybe you could make Tangela a catchable pokémon in that route instead and let Lynette start with Oddish ;) Oddish may be part poison type, but it's pretty much more grassy than poisony.

EDIT: WOW, I DIDN'T MAKE THE USUAL DOUBLE POST! Maybe the server is stabilizing, finally really, I was just lucky, the server or whatever it is, sucks

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Lookin' for some feedback.

So, I've created this new character, riiiight? Now, this particular character was somewhat out of my comfort zone. My comfort zone is sci-fi, not that that's important. She's of course, on my personal character site roster, the one in the "Want to roleplay?" link in my signature. But just because, I'm going to basically copy past the details here, so you don't have to go there to read about it. I'd like feedback/ideas, mainly, which can be given prefferably in PMs/Visitor messages but also just here. Your choice o3o

Anyway. Here is a complete bio of the character, along with some visual imagery that took me many hours of sweat, trying new things, taking advice from others, and etc to make. (And yet, I'm still lame because I used a pre-existing sprite as a base. orz) I apologize for the fact that the story behind why she has a tendency to disappear and re-appear in odd places without knowledge of how she got there is not explained. I have a deep love for the surprise factor, and while I do explain that it's related to why her pokemon reach such high levels (65 is technically really high for your average trainer o.O) I don't tell how. Reason being, the how was added primarily to make her interesting, and besides being related to how strong her pokemon are, doesn't really serve any other purpose besides possible plot / mini-plot.

Basic Info
Context: Originally designed for the Pokemon Universe
Name: Valorie Ryder
Sex: Female
Species: Human
Personality: Valorie is a rather quirky young girl. She's good at controlling her pokemon during battle, but for whatever reason, doesn't seem to have as much control in non battle situations. She heavily dislikes getting dirty, but will do so anyway if she sees no easy alternative. She wants to become the world's strongest trainer, but later mellows out and decides it's okay if she doesn't meet her dream, just as long as she keeps trying. She's usually pretty nice, but can be a bit of a hotshot and or braggart when she's winning. She is not very modest, and loves to have her ego stroked. Can get very stressed and slightly depressed when she loses. Holds grudges over losses easily, and may seek to challenge someone repeatedly until she wins. Despite some of her less admirable traits, she is rarely cruel and is actually afraid of doing any of the fighting herself. (As in, not with pokemon.) In contrast, she is rarely overly sweet or affectionate either, especially in front of other humans. She is pretty attached to her pokemon however, but will react with severe embarrassment if caught in a gushy moment with them. She secretly misses her parents a lot.
Appearance: http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/551/pokemonocspritebig.png (Have mercy D< This is only one of my first real major spriting attempts and despite the fact that I took a base several things were re-done by scratch.)​

History
Valorie was born in Icirrus City, a city located in the Unova region. Extremely early during her adventure, she got in over her head and was the victim of an attack by a pokemon. She however, managed to come out of that situation unharmed, though she literally didn't go outside for days due to how much it upset her. She did eventually get over it and venture out again though. It was very sudden, her parents didn't even realize she was gone until they went to check on her. She later told them she wasn't sure how she left, confusing the heck out of everyone involved. This was the first, and not nearly the last incident of her somehow disappearing and or ending up in odd places without knowing how.​

Team A (Extremely Early Version) (Level ≈ 10)
  • Dratini ♀
Team B (Fairly Early Version) (Level ≈ 25)
  • Dratini ♀
  • Vanillite ♂
  • Axew ♀
Team C (Midway Version) (Level ≈ 40)
  • *Dragonair ♀
  • Vanillish ♂
  • Fraxure ♀
  • Elektrik ♀
  • Sawsbuck ♂
Team D (Fairly Far Version) (Level ≈ 50)
  • Dragonair ♀
  • Vanilluxe ♂
  • Haxorus ♀
  • Elektrik ♀
  • Sawsbuck ♂
  • Jellicent ♀
Team E (Extremely Far Version) (Level ≈ 65)
  • Dragonite ♀
  • Vanilluxe ♂
  • Haxorus ♀
  • Elektross ♀
  • Sawsbuck ♂
  • Jellicent ♀

Powers
Valorie's pretty normal. (GASP!) On the other hand, every so often she has been known to mysteriously disappear and blatantly appear in places she shouldn't be, wondering where she is. She would also /seem/ to be pretty dang good at raising her pokemon. These two things are related, but I shall not spoil anything by telling you how. She does have some martial arts training, though she's no blackbelt.​

Years
Just wanna make a brief announcement! Only 2 spots in my RP left, one has been reserved but the person hasn't decided which starter to choose and therefore, none of the grass starters are reserved, which means technically there are 2 open spots. ._.

ToWriteLove

On Her Arms
Years
I'm looking for basically any detailed serious RP that still has openings with options for characaters. Perferrably not one that involves Pokemon. (I know we are on a Pokemon site, just not into the whole RPing it) If anyone knows of one or is starting one, please let me know.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
I'm looking for basically any detailed serious RP that still has openings with options for characaters. Perferrably not one that involves Pokemon. (I know we are on a Pokemon site, just not into the whole RPing it) If anyone knows of one or is starting one, please let me know.

I have one along those lines. It still has some Pokemon in it, but it doesn't revolve around Pokemon. It's called Worlds Collide. Check it out if you wish, because we're in serious need of RPers...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Don't forget to vote in the Roleplay Awards, folks! It's nearly April now! Soon the votes will be counted~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back