• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
It's not that weird, actually. There has only been one active Other RP over the last month, and only one more popped up now. With so little interest in RPs like that, it isn't really necessary to let them sit alone in an eerie subforum. It should be apparent from the first post of every RP whether it is about pokémon or not, so.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
I've had several ideas on RPs that I can never make real.

One of which is a (master's) tournament RP which seems like it's going to be WAY complicated, especially since there also has to be people that will probably slightly bunny, god mode, or something like that. Hmmm...well, I have to see.

I can just my character the winner anyways

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2012
Well, I've had this thought before... Pokemon school role play... in most characters' histories, they say they've been to school. That got me thinking... why not role play AT the school? Hope my idea makes it far, haha

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
Pokémon academy roleplays usually don't get very far because they're more setting than plot. It's all well and good to have a very important and elaborate setting, but if someone makes a roleplay based solely off of "Everybody is in a Pokémon academy with XXX dorms and XXX landmarks!" or some equivalent... well, you've got no plot. So while it could definitely serve as a great way to spice up an existing plot (like, say, a secret corrupt government organization working to overthrow the 'troublesome' Good Guy staff members), in my experience, it doesn't often hold up as one on its own.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
OH GOD! IT BURNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, actually the new look isn't too bad. Maybe more people will notice my RP, as only Michaela has shown interest and who'd want to RP with her? :P

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
I'm not saying it can't be done. I happen to know of a fantastic Coordinator RP that takes place on a completely new academy in a completely new island. I'm just saying that from what I've seen of other sites (and occasionally this one), academy roleplays die young because it's all exposition and no plotline.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years

Well, actually the new look isn't too bad. Maybe more people will notice my RP, as only Michaela has shown interest and who'd want to RP with her? :P

Hey, hey, hey!

First off, I helped (slightly) with that RP so of course I would show interest in it.

Second off...your mean. ;~;

Second off, maybe they are staying away from your RP because your the GM? :P

Nakuzami

Years
Hey, hey, hey!

First off, I helped (slightly) with that RP so of course I would show interest in it.

Second off...your mean. ;~;

Second off, maybe they are staying away from your RP because your the GM? :P

Humph. Oh wellz.

Yes I am, thank you =D

That is likely it. I am so unloved :'(
Though, I see it's had many views, but only one reply, from you -.- and that was just for a reservation >.<

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
...Do I have to make an SU? You already know how I RP, how I make my SU, and you probably already know my character's name correctly! DX

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2012
Pokémon academy roleplays usually don't get very far because they're more setting than plot. It's all well and good to have a very important and elaborate setting, but if someone makes a roleplay based solely off of "Everybody is in a Pokémon academy with XXX dorms and XXX landmarks!" or some equivalent... well, you've got no plot. So while it could definitely serve as a great way to spice up an existing plot (like, say, a secret corrupt government organization working to overthrow the 'troublesome' Good Guy staff members), in my experience, it doesn't often hold up as one on its own.

You're just trying to kill my hopes and dreams, hahaha... ha. :nervous: Now I might be forced to rethink adding stuff in.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
You're just trying to kill my hopes and dreams, hahaha... ha. :nervous: Now I might be forced to rethink adding stuff in.

Spicing up stuff is usually good. Very good. XD

If you need to bounce off ideas in private, you can always ask me. If you don't mind doing it in public, then you can always do it here for some insight from other RPers.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
Aww, no I'm not. XD I WUV YOU. HONEST. even though i've never met you before today.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years

I was one of those people, and actually sorta thought about writing a story or something similar where a person has to venture into video games and stuff to do something important that saves the world. Unfortunately, I am not versed in any of the other games that you mentioned. I watched the Yu-gi-oh tv show a looooooong time ago, but I hardly remember anything (other than Summoned Skull was my favorite card).

But, I'm cheering for you! Attention other people: Sign up now!

Also, I've been looking for an adventure style RP for what seems like ages. I joined like two of them, but they both died. Hmph. And now there's none.

Nakuzami

Years
^ That's always a bit awkward. Way to create the awkward mood mate! XD

Yes, especially since it says they're both female.

And I am so...confuzzled? I have like hundreds of ideas for RPs, but I have trouble deciding which ones will become reality. Especially since my RPs don't seem to last long, considering i've only had two that's not saying much =/
I was thinking if I made a sequel to Worlds Collide(if the first one even survives past the SU portion), i'd name it Worlds Collide: Shards of Destiny [:
Too bad I haven't thought about anything but the name yet =/

Edit: @Myrrhman - You can always suggest another Show/Book/Videogame/Whatever. I'm open to suggestions. I just started it off with those five, then added some that came to mind to the poll. As I said, i'm open to suggestions.

Years
I think this is the correct thread. Having a short read through this forum and it seems really interesting. I actually enjoy RPing and I already do it on another forum on motoracing.

I do have a few questions though regarding it, how often do we need to post an RP? Is it down to each seperate RP? Also when RPing, is it more of following on from the previous person and adding more to it?

Certain things are still a bit sketchy but it does seem interesting.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I think this is the correct thread. Having a short read through this forum and it seems really interesting. I actually enjoy RPing and I already do it on another forum on motoracing.

I do have a few questions though regarding it, how often do we need to post an RP? Is it down to each seperate RP? Also when RPing, is it more of following on from the previous person and adding more to it?

Certain things are still a bit sketchy but it does seem interesting.
Glad to see you found your way here. I'll try to answer your questions :)

How often you're expected to post differs much from every RP. Some RPs move one page or more every day, while many only gets one or two posts a day. There are even RPs who only get a few posts per week but are still considered active. It depends mainly on what kind of RP it is; chapter based RPs generally move slower, since the players often want to type up longer, good looking posts. There are RPs where players only post a paragraph at a time though (four lines is absolute minimum, or else it'll get pretty spammish and you should probably go RP over MSN or something if you really want to make posts shorter than that).

As for your last question, it also depends on the RP. The Game Master (starter of the thread usually) sets up rules that most often contain explanations on how you're supposed to go about playing the game. Some RPs are mostly talking and interacting, while some will require you to almost write a fanfic of your own, only within the limits set up by the specific rules.

Hm, conclusively: you can find just about anything here, and it's better that you ask the GM of a certain RP you're interested in :3 A good idea is to ask in the corresponding OOC thread (in the Roleplay Lounge subforum) or VM (visit messaging) the Game Master directly.

Years
Glad to see you found your way here. I'll try to answer your questions :)

How often you're expected to post differs much from every RP. Some RPs move one page or more every day, while many only gets one or two posts a day. There are even RPs who only get a few posts per week but are still considered active. It depends mainly on what kind of RP it is; chapter based RPs generally move slower, since the players often want to type up longer, good looking posts. There are RPs where players only post a paragraph at a time though (four lines is absolute minimum, or else it'll get pretty spammish and you should probably go RP over MSN or something if you really want to make posts shorter than that).

As for your last question, it also depends on the RP. The Game Master (starter of the thread usually) sets up rules that most often contain explanations on how you're supposed to go about playing the game. Some RPs are mostly talking and interacting, while some will require you to almost write a fanfic of your own, only within the limits set up by the specific rules.

Hm, conclusively: you can find just about anything here, and it's better that you ask the GM of a certain RP you're interested in :3 A good idea is to ask in the corresponding OOC thread (in the Roleplay Lounge subforum) or VM (visit messaging) the Game Master directly.

Thank you for the speedy response. The length of my RP's isn't a problem, as the other site I go on has a minimum of 200 words, but I normally do between 300-1500. It mainly depends on what I am RPing.

I will have a look through each different one that's open at the moment and try find one that looks of an interest to me, so I will go do that now. The final question I have, is there RP's a bit like the actual games itself? Where you take the role of a trainer and make you way around the map battling pokemon etc (that you choose).

It certainly does seem like something I'd enjoy. Thanks again :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back