• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Note to everyone: I've decided to change the rules a little again. One liners will now be deleted on sight, since that's what mods in all the other sections do with posts that don't belong there. Still, if you repeatedly make one-liners, you will be infracted. So don't :3

Also, report any posts you see that seem to not obey the rules. It helps my job and makes this place more tidy for you. Thanks.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
  • er
    Note to everyone: I've decided to change the rules a little again. One liners will now be deleted on sight, since that's what mods in all the other sections do with posts that don't belong there. Still, if you repeatedly make one-liners, you will be infracted. So don't :3

Also, report any posts you see that seem to not obey the rules. It helps my job and makes this place more tidy for you. Thanks.

Bending us to our will to make us mini-mods...good job RHCP. :P

Still working on that guide. School as pretty much put life on hold. -.-

Also, I don't know why it suddenly came to my head, what if we posted one liners, but they were really really long. I think I did this once in a superhero RP. My character had such a long train of thought, but it was pretty much one sentence. And it was like, OVER the standard paragraph. I don't know why I have to make this complicated. :P

Last edited:

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
    Years
  • Bacon@
    *Raises eyebrows* Dude, chill. Simple grammar mistake. Or a typo. Grammar is hard for people that are young/don't write quite often/when english isn't their first language. Give Garnet a break.

And last time a checked, people made more fuss about a crappy, noob SU than when to use 'a' or 'an' in a sentence. *Huffs*

Baconkillszombies

I AM NOT A ZOMBIE >.>
    Years
  • Why do you think I was worked up over that? I just sorta laughed at the little twerp for talking talking trash about sign ups that were less than satisfactory. :3 Last time I checked, proper grammar was important to rps,but I was just responding because that comment caught my attention.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    er

Bending us to our will to make us mini-mods...good job RHCP. :P

Still working on that guide. School as pretty much put life on hold. -.-

Also, I don't know why it suddenly came to my head, what if we posted one liners, but they were really really long. I think I did this once in a superhero RP. My character had such a long train of thought, but it was pretty much one sentence. And it was like, OVER the standard paragraph. I don't know why I have to make this complicated. :P

One-liner means it's only one... only one "row" of words before the forum automatically presses Enter for you, you know. Ugh, my English fails me here >.<'

If you write a whole paragraph, you're fine. But if your "paragraph" is short like this one, even if it's two sentences, it's not ok.

Also, take it easy, guys.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Why do you think I was worked up over that? I just sorta laughed at the little twerp for talking talking trash about sign ups that were less than satisfactory. :3 Last time I checked, proper grammar was important to rps,but I was just responding because that comment caught my attention.

Hmm...well, I think since SU stands for sign up, I don't think you should have to use an there. I don't, because it sometimes sounds weird to me =/ But, whatevs. It's only one letter.

And I do think it's pathetic when someone accepts a[n] SU like that. It's kind of annoying =/

One liners are...how do you manage those? Even if you're just writing a reply to another RPer's character's question, you can always fill the gap with probably unneeded observations or thoughts. That's what I do sometimes =/

Aura.Lucario

The Rivers will run red....
    Years
  • who cares about the a/an? :)

One liners are...how do you manage those? Even if you're just writing a reply to another RPer's character's question, you can always fill the gap with probably unneeded observations or thoughts. That's what I do sometimes =/

yep, exaclty...maybe some movements or descriptions will also help fatten up the paragraph. Describing never hurts :)

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
  • It's kind of the same thing as a[n] RP, you just don't know. I sometimes put a SU or an SU or a RP or an RP. Terminology like that is difficult, especially when you don't have a textbook to tell you the correct answer. :P

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Honestly, I'd like a new subforum where post count is disabled and where short-posts-RPs can go. Since many want to play that way. But the higher staff don't agree, so that's that and there's not much point in discussing it, maybe. One paragraph isn't much to ask for in a decent RP.

Roleplaying on a forum is different on every board. Looking at many RPs on BMGF for example, short posts and a page or two every day isn't unusual. Looking at Serebiiforums, they don't at all seem to have much trouble posting with at least one decent paragraph. And looking at pe2k, they mostly make very advanced RPs with long SUs and posts. And here on PC, we have all kinds of different styles.

Aura.Lucario

The Rivers will run red....
    Years
  • (not really supporting short posts but meh)

That's what makes us stand out. We have variety! :)

lol I'm joking. The Library thing is a great idea :)

and those short-post haters, please cut some slack and quit it with those harsh remarks...some really can't help it you know?

in my Eternal RP, from now on, all my posts will have to be 500+ words...

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    To BaconKillsZombies: I apologize for my grammatical mistakes... But I'm not against the people who make short Sign-Ups, I am against the sign-up itself. I wouldn't tell them, "Don't even try, that was horrible." In my RP's I try to make it so that they correct the mistakes, and will eventually be accepted. All I was trying to say was that it's a huge turn-off for joining a roleplay. I definitely promote the growth of the RPers.

Oh and it could be either 'a' or 'an', it depends on how you pronounce it. If you say SU as the name "Sue" or as "Suh" (for whatever reason), you would put 'a'. However if you say SU like this "Ehs Yu" then it would be 'an' because it starts with a vowel sound being the "Eh". So neither is right or wrong, and I'm very sorry if you were offended by my post.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Honestly, I'd like a new subforum where post count is disabled and where short-posts-RPs can go. Since many want to play that way. But the higher staff don't agree, so that's that and there's not much point in discussing it, maybe. One paragraph isn't much to ask for in a decent RP.

Roleplaying on a forum is different on every board. Looking at many RPs on BMGF for example, short posts and a page or two every day isn't unusual. Looking at Serebiiforums, they don't at all seem to have much trouble posting with at least one decent paragraph. And looking at pe2k, they mostly make very advanced RPs with long SUs and posts. And here on PC, we have all kinds of different styles.

*Stares out window at huge, amazing thunderstorm* Huh, wha? Oh! Hey, don't get me thinking about joining another website ;P Though, I likely wouldn't...

I hate really short RPing, like if you were to do it in chat. That's how I started RPing, with my sister (whom still does it), but now I hate it for some reason...probably both because i've become a little more of a "serious" writer and i'm just used to longer, more advanced RPs now...

pokemongarnet said:
    Oh and it could be either 'a' or 'an', it depends on how you pronounce it. If you say SU as the name "Sue" or as "Suh" (for whatever reason), you would put 'a'. However if you say SU like this "Ehs Yu" then it would be 'an' because it starts with a vowel sound being the "Eh". So neither is right or wrong, and I'm very sorry if you were offended by my post.

I pronounce it the "Ehs Yu" way, but for some reason i'd rather put a instead of an. Likely because it's an abbreviation for a word that starts with a consonant. Same for RP, but I don't say R-P, I just say roleplay.

Also, was there a specific reason Ichiro got the honor of being the Roleplay Librarian? Just curious :3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yes, on PC we have variety and that's a good thing :3

Yes, Ichiro was the one who came up with the whole idea and the one who wants to be responsible for keeping the list updated, it's as simple as that. If you ever have an idea for something new in the Roleplay Corner (or the Lounge, for that matter), please do tell me about it~

Also, the RP "... Agent" just got an open spot, if anybody's interested. It's for chasing the legendary beast Entei, and you get to choose a pokédex color.

Baconkillszombies

I AM NOT A ZOMBIE >.>
    Years
  • To BaconKillsZombies: I apologize for my grammatical mistakes... But I'm not against the people who make short Sign-Ups, I am against the sign-up itself. I wouldn't tell them, "Don't even try, that was horrible." In my RP's I try to make it so that they correct the mistakes, and will eventually be accepted. All I was trying to say was that it's a huge turn-off for joining a roleplay. I definitely promote the growth of the RPers.

You use "a" before a word that starts as a consonant and "an" before a word that begins with a vowel. :3 Anyhow, I just posted because I was a little annoyed by the way it was said because it sounded bad to me.
    Spoiler:

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    Yeah sorry if I sounded angry. But it depends how you say the abbreviation. If you just read it as Roleplay instead of RP it would be a.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Good, everybody are friends again. I've had that problem too, and I'm still not sure which I normally use xD Let's just say everybody can write whatever they want in that particular case.

Years
  • If you asked me, I would say a SU, since SU is the acronym for Sign-Up so one should say a sign-up, not an sign-up. Just my 2 cent's worth.

Moving on, I like the library idea of RPs. It's more organized and it's like the Game Index sheet in the Pokemon Trivia forum. Lol, I also didn't know that our librarian's name is Ichiro since I don't read Japanese.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Is it silly of me to feel giddy that you relate it to the Game Index in Pokemon Trivia? xD

Anyways, the Roleplay Index is definitely a great idea. It'll definitely be easier to go through the roleplays and track down which ones are open or not (even though it doesn't say in the index, it would probably be too much work to try to keep updating on which ones are open for SUs and which ones are closed. However, I can simply go to the Index, open a link in a new tab, and check it out there).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back