• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Okay, going off that, I have a new question for everyone!

What do you use for inspiration for the storyline in your roleplays or characters?

Either books(the best ones =3) or unearthing buried RPs and stealing snatching little pieces and fragments of ideas and concepts to paste and glue into the puzzles of creating the RP. I try not to make things cliche. :D

Collaborative story writing! Some authors do it, writing a chapter a piece or something. It's not very common, however.

Oh I see what you mean. -_- Yes, very few I've come/read across. :> But still, wouldn't it be wonderful? :)

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
Years
What do you use for inspiration for the storyline in your roleplays or characters?

Hm, mostly from books. I guess the ideas just pop up into my mind. maybe taking some good factors from a movie and using it in a Roleplay...really they just come to me. and sometimes I run outta juice and there's nothing I can do!

Oh I see what you mean. -_- Yes, very few I've come/read across. :> But still, wouldn't it be wonderful?

ohh Co-writing! I've seen a few and some work really beautifully!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

For the characters, I usually let the story form them as I'm writing the SU. I think about what kind of character I would like to play in this RP, then I try to add something interesting to them (though, I think all of my characters are generally bland :/ ) and twist their histories around the plot of the RP.

For plots... hm, I don't know. I sort of get a basic idea on what I want to do and add twists to make it different. And I normally try to implement some kind of game mechanics explanation. My weirdest example is probably Darkrai's Balloon. It didn't live for very long... but the plot I had in mind was pretty cool. An evil balloon and PMD-like transformations...

Years

I mostly use characters that I play in actual tabletop RPG in RL. For example Jeff Bennings from the War RP is really my character in a World of Darkness campaign.

Also, since it's dead, Would you mind telling us the planned plot of Darkrais Balloon? It was real interesting when I first showed up here.

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
Years
I remember wanting to join Darkrai's Balloon a little while back, but it was already too late ;o; It looked and sounded really interesting, ya know?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
If I told you, I wouldn't be able to re-start it at some point 8D

//ANDthen

Ready-Set-Go
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2011
What made The Second Coming and Mira's Uprising so great then? Please explain what a good RP should be like in your opinion? :)

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
Years
One word: Creativity. Something quite a few of the RPs lacked way back when (and I too was a creator of one of those RPs). The Mika RP I joined also falls into the creative category. I think I forgot about it 'cause of how poorly I did in it.

But a lot of RPs now are definitely unique and I'm glad I got back into forum RPing :P

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I've been wanting to join a new RP for a while now~
I gotten back into the groove of RPing myself~ :3

Join War Between Pokemon and Humans. There are a bunch of spots open, and its epic. We're nearly gonna go to War again, so you'll see how cool it is. :3

If you join, join as a human xD We need them

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2012
Thinking of creating a RP based on the ongoing anime series Tiger & Bunny. Obviously it would be set in the future or a parellel version of the T&B universe as the series still has a few more weeks to go. For those not familiar with it, it's a sort of superhero anime where those with powers compete in missions in order to become the King of Heroes. They're awarded points for things such as capturing a criminal, rescuing an innocent and even the order in which they arrive on scene, and then the one with the most points at the end of a season wins.

I was just curious to know if anyone would be interested in such a RP.

//ANDthen

Ready-Set-Go
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2011
"What if they were real" needs more people it's turned out to be a great roleplay so please signup in the signup thread in the roleplay lounge.
It certainly looks interesting :) I'm content with the RPs I'm in atm though.

Thinking of creating a RP based on the ongoing anime series Tiger & Bunny. Obviously it would be set in the future or a parellel version of the T&B universe as the series still has a few more weeks to go. For those not familiar with it, it's a sort of superhero anime where those with powers compete in missions in order to become the King of Heroes. They're awarded points for things such as capturing a criminal, rescuing an innocent and even the order in which they arrive on scene, and then the one with the most points at the end of a season wins.

I was just curious to know if anyone would be interested in such a RP.
It sounds fun. I have no experience with it, but missions sound like a good way of making a RP work. And superpowers are always fun!

Also, I think you should all check out A Life Time on the Run. It's a reboot of an old RP and I think it could be really interesting if we put some effort into it. Two more players are needed!

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
Years
Also, I think you should all check out A Life Time on the Run. It's a reboot of an old RP and I think it could be really interesting if we put some effort into it. Two more players are needed!

joined the old one :D Well I'm waiting for a number of future RPs to appear since I know a few friends that are preparing one. Supervegeta's Odyssey2 will be released a while after he returns, so i've got an SU for it already. Then there's my TRP (twin roleplaying) project which is on hold right now since I'm reworking on the plot. Then there's a PMD plot being created by my group the Platinum Quarterdeck. We're trying out best to make our PMD easier but more long lasting than the others with a few systems to keep it going. Hopefully it won't die as fast as the other PMDs do, and i'm pretty confident that it won't :)

there's a few more but I won't leak them out :D so I'm not gonna join so much right now as I've joined like 3 already! gotta say i'm excited since Odyssey2's coming out, and I got some ideas planned with the other future RPers already.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I can't actually believe that I'm reading through ancient RPs from 2003. XD

You are? Where? Link me! It's so fun to do that if you come over something that wouldn't be allowed nowadays xD Like one-liners... or do you mean someplace other than PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back