• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hack's Recommendations

nepramzelen

Znepram
Years
  • Pokemon gaia has got ot be the best hack out there... for gba, being able to mega evolve in battle and having physical special split..... next is snakewood, great story, even greater humour.... but i kinda need advice on what hack games to play next....

Years
  • Best hack for nds???

Hey folks. I'm looking for what y'all think is the best Pokemon hacks for NDS. I'm looking for something a little different than the norm. Throw them out there.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 7, 2021
    Hey how ya doing

I made a post in this thread about a year ago asking the same thing but didn't really get any good answer so I'll be more detailed this time, and I figure that in a year some new hacks must have come out too.

I am looking for a rom hack of either Emerald or Fire Red, with a new story. So not like the original story with a few changes here and there, but like a completely new story.
    But the most important part of the rom hack is that you have to be able to battle and trade with other players in it. This is possible in the original roms and also in some hacked roms by using MyBoy's Remote Link on Android phones. It's too bad that most hacked roms have this feature removed.

I have already played Flora Sky, Snakewood, and Dark Rising.
    Does anyone know any other games like this?

Thank you

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 10, 2022
    Any hacks of Gold, Silver or Crystal where you start in Pallet?

Not to my knowledge. However, may I make a suggestion?

Years ago I stumbled across a hack of Silver called Pure Silver. Truly the BEST G/S/C hack I've ever played. Basically, it's a Pokemon Silver hack where all 251 pokemon are available in legit and creative ways. There's even events to catch Mew, Celebi, and the 3 original legendary birds.

The original web page with the hack is no longer up, but I DID manage to find it via the wayback machine. Someone actually archived it. I believe you can even get the ips file from it. If not, I believe I still have the ips file if anyone wants it.
    http://web.archive.org/web/20140227092338/http://web.mit.edu/skishore/www/pokemon251.html

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 16, 2016
    Finished ROMs?

First I wanna say, Hi I'm camel, on/off pokemon player for a while now.
    I was looking for ROMs on here and I found some that looked really cool, but I noticed that there were quite a bit that were unfinished. Not saying that in a bad way as I know it takes a while to make a finished/fun ROM, but I was wondering if there was a list or something of some finished ROMs so if I start playing one I would like to know that It is finished so I can continue playing to the end :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    First I wanna say, Hi I'm camel, on/off pokemon player for a while now.
    I was looking for ROMs on here and I found some that looked really cool, but I noticed that there were quite a bit that were unfinished. Not saying that in a bad way as I know it takes a while to make a finished/fun ROM, but I was wondering if there was a list or something of some finished ROMs so if I start playing one I would like to know that It is finished so I can continue playing to the end :)

There's a directory thread here! It's incomplete and maybe outdated, but there's a few there!

The hacks in Hacks Studio all have releases which are over 7 gyms long, so they're all worth a look.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 28, 2016
    Pokémon Fire Red Hack.

Does anyone know about a Fire Red Hack that was just added the Leaf Green exclusive pokémons and a way to buy the "Mew's Island" ticket? I've been looking for it the whole week.

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 10, 2022
    Sounds like what you want is one of the Fire Red 386 hacks.

_Evan

Learning to ROM Hack
    Years
  • Does anyone know about a Fire Red Hack that was just added the Leaf Green exclusive pokémons and a way to buy the "Mew's Island" ticket? I've been looking for it the whole week.
    You could just add all the Leaf Green ones yourself if you can't find it. Pretty easy and only takes about 20 minutes. As for getting to Faraway Island, it doesn't actually exist in the original game. It also really not fun to add.

Tapan681

RiverDream
    Years
  • Hello,I am searching for completed pokemon gba hacks .Can you guys pls recommend me some cool and COMPLETED hacks.Also, someone need to update or just create the completed pokemon hacks list here.Thanks!!

P.S- Here are the ones which I have finished playing.So dont tell me these hacks
    Light platinum
    flora sky
    dark violet
    fuligin
    glazed
    brown
    ruby destiny series
    liquid crystal
    snakewood

Tapan681

RiverDream
    Years
  • Hello guys

I am having a hard time to find a hack rom from pokemon red/blue/green, i remember that i played it much time ago, maybe between 2004-2008

I can be wrong but the title had something like black or chaos on the name, but i can be TOTALLY wrong

I think the starer was mew or you can catch mew really soon, doesnt really matter because the thing that i remember VERY WELL about this hack rom is the fight with the rival at cerulean bridge

he had really powerful pokemons, pokemons 50~60+ (i thinl one of them was tauros)

I needed to grind a lot in the cerulean bushes, it was insane, but i did it not one time, i played this game two times with a time break

To be honest i think the game was incomplete because i dont remeber playing it until the end

But i really want to play it another time, i dont care if it is incomplete i just want to play it again after 10 years

I hope someone have played it too

Thanks

PS: Sorry for my poor english, its not my native language

U might be looking for Pokemon generations.You get mew as a starter.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Home
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    Pokemon hack similar to X & Y 3ds

Hi fellow members , i am a new member here and happy to meet you all

I am a fan of pokemon 3ds x & y especially its mega evolutions & starters and i am unable to buy a 3ds. So i am looking for GBA or DS hacks which resemble the game mechanics.

Though i searched on google and youtube i found some gba games with megas and a Soul Silver hack with mega.But all make evolution similar to just like an evolution stone usage on Evee.But i am sure i saw on this forumn a guy wrote a code and a youtube video he posted which shows mega evolution similar to X & Y 3ds game.

So what i need is some suggested games from you veterans so that i can enjoy x&y mega evolution during battle in DS or GBA .

Also i am working on making my own ds hack on my favourite game SOUL SILVER trying to experience 3ds x &y in it so suggested links and topics will be useful .

I will be greatfull for your help guys .I am new here so i hope i post this thread on correct place and i dont have a PC so i am using my mobile for this site ,so please excuse me if i miss out any of those needed steps for posting.

Thank you all

Checkchiron

PokeArtist
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    Hey everyone. As I've only completed Pokemon Blue and want to get into playing Pokemon again (and gradually learn about the new Pokemon) before I buy a 3DS or DS for Sun/Moon. So I was looking for a good Gold/Silver/Crystal GBA hack to start with.

I currently downloaded Shiny Gold but I read about Pure Gold aswell. I was wondering if one of these is a good hack. And if there are maybe some other good ones. They don't have to be a 100% copy, a few small edits is fine aswell.

Thanks in advance!

Pretty Wing

きれいなハネ
    Years
  • Hey everyone. As I've only completed Pokemon Blue and want to get into playing Pokemon again (and gradually learn about the new Pokemon) before I buy a 3DS or DS for Sun/Moon. So I was looking for a good Gold/Silver/Crystal GBA hack to start with.

I currently downloaded Shiny Gold but I read about Pure Gold aswell. I was wondering if one of these is a good hack. And if there are maybe some other good ones. They don't have to be a 100% copy, a few small edits is fine aswell.

Thanks in advance!

I'd 100% recommend Pokémon Liquid Crystal, although it is based off a Fire Red (Gen III) base. Still, so is Shiny Gold so I hope that's not a issue. Stays almost true to the original, looks lovely, and has a lot of interesting and unique added features!

I'm jealous, a very exciting time for you!

Checkchiron

PokeArtist
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    I'd 100% recommend Pokémon Liquid Crystal, although it is based off a Fire Red (Gen III) base. Still, so is Shiny Gold so I hope that's not a issue. Stays almost true to the original, looks lovely, and has a lot of interesting and unique added features!

I'm jealous, a very exciting time for you!

Oh I totally forget about that one! I probably will end up playing that one.
    Thanks for the recommendation!

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 26, 2018
    Hey, I'm specifically looking for difficulty increasing hacks. I've found the wonderful Pokemon Pyrite (by Crystal), and am aware of the Kaizo Blue/Crystal, Dark Rising and Vega rom hacks.

Are there any other high quality rom hacks that increase difficulty? At this time I particularly like the feature of set battle and no healing items in battle. I really appreciate your help!

Back