• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hack's Recommendations

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2019
    Hey guys, looking for recommendations! I just finished pokemon insurgence and loved it!
    Is there anything out there that has viewable iv/ev, isnt totally fakemon based (a few added in is awesome), has some post game content, and above all has a more complex/mature story and is challenging without just making you grind?
    Thanks for the help!

PurpleSmeargle

Composer, Spriter, Fakemon Artist
    Years
  • Hello there. I'm looking for fangames that take place in the Johto region, but with new stories, characters. No romhacks please

Storm Knight

That one guy who's always standing around Kalos Ro
    Years
  • I'm new to this website, are there any GBA fangames that take place in the Kalos region? Like- I don't want it to just have Gen 6 Pkmn, but I wonder if anyone has re-made the Kalos Region in GBA rom form.

If not, is there any GBA rom hack that has up to Gen 6 Pkmn but has NO plot? It sounds odd, but I'd like to know.

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2023
    Are there any GBA rom hacks with Darkrai where it has the Bad Dreams ability and Dark Void has 80% accuracy? The closest thing I've found is Theta Emerald Renev, but in that Dark Void has 50% accuracy, which sucks ass.

Last edited:

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • There are tons here! You can try:
    Pokemon Gaia
    Tentin redux and Light in our hearts(no emulator required)
    Pokemon Sky Twilight
    Pokemon Alchemist(no emulator required)
    Light Platinum
    Uranium(no emulator required)
    Insurgence(no emulator,again)
    Reborn(Yet again)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2020
    I'm looking for a ROM hack with the following features:

Non RSE graphics
    Gen 6 pokemon(preferrably gen 7 and 8 too)
    Storyline intensive(Not just focused on fighting gym leaders)
    Challenging

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2022
    hello everyone i'm new here
    i'm loving all the ideas that everyone are giving
    for myself i would love to play a remake of pkemon Glazed or LIGHT PLATINUM in DS based those games were the best ones i've played as rom hacks so a remake is what i really like to play next

RdKK

DestinyDragon
    Years
  • I would recommend pokemon ruby destiny reign of legends, flora sky, resolute and for anyone who wants to replay the johto region the choice is liquid crystal. Another is pokemon glazed and greninja z and shiny jewel. I don't know if shiny jewel is complete.

RdKK

DestinyDragon
    Years
  • Pokemon shiny gold sigma is good.I almost forgot pokemon cloud white. If you want to play sword and shield on GBA, THEN HERE IT IS :
    Watch plus5s YouTube channel. I can't post the link.

It is only alpha version but the creator is working hard on this rom. So please support him. Lite omega pokemon on YouTube.And how can I forget pokemon ruby destiny life of guardians. I couldn't finish playing it because SPOILER ALERT

I joined up with evil team and had to engage in a battle with the 'vessel'. But I am sure it is complete. Pokemon saffron would be a good choice. Pokemon glazed is totally amazing. It blew my mind.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2023
    Is there a ROM hack / fan game with better music than Reborn?

If you think so, please let me know

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2019
    Any rom hack suggestions that doesnt have fakemons and is good and complete.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2023
    I'm looking for Rom hacks with gen 8 monsters like pokemon nameless. Any suggestion?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2023
    Looking for a rom hack with gen 1 through 8 AND legenndaries and If possiable Mega evolution Dynamax or Z moves
    Dont need those by i need ALL pokemon Starters legendaries you get it

Years
  • Looking for a new game to play.

Are you looking for a full game ? Or Alpha is enough for you? What kind of rom Hack, are you looking for?

Looking for a rom hack with gen 1 through 8 AND legenndaries and If possiable Mega evolution Dynamax or Z moves
    Dont need those by i need ALL pokemon Starters legendaries you get it
    Hey Gavin, I know two games with méga évolution mecanism very good but I forgot the name of one of them (a full game with every pokemon from I-VII in the game at the beginning and spain). I recommend you to play Pokémon Sweet 2th , the game has legendaries custom pokemon and méga évolution , you'll need candies to make méga évolution in battle!

I want all kinds of Pokemon fangames that are 3D please.
    Pokémon Light Platinum for NDS, maybe

Any rom hack suggestions that doesnt have fakemons and is good and complete.

Hey Torres, you're looking for a complete game with fakemon ? I suggest you to play Pokémon Vega, Pokemon Deneb(if japanese language don't mind you) Pokémon Quartz DX, or Pokémon Jupiter (pick the last version).

Is there a ROM hack / fan game with better music than Reborn?

If you think so, please let me know

Pokémon Jupiter has Nice soundtracks, Touhoumon Another World too, Pokémon Ruby Destiny (Life of Gardians), Pokemon Fiya Red (japanese), or Pokémon Normal version.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • I homebrewed my 3DS so I could play Pokemon Renegade Platinum. Nostalgia for the 12 year old me that's still in me somewhere, and I want a challenge.
    One thing I don't like about it is the hand-out of the Kanto starters and Riolu though. Its supposed to be harder, not easier. Wouldn't harder = no handouts (besides the Riolu Riley gives you.)
    Anyone recommend a game that's more mature and challenging? :D

Back