• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hack's Recommendations

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2023
    Im sorry if this is the wrong thread for this
    if i had an idea for a good story...where can i find someone who would create such a pokemon game?

Years
  • I suggest Firered: Rocket Edition (the best Team Rocket hack out there), The Ruby Destiny series (cool how the stories of all four games in the series are connected) Glazed(high quality) Prism (best GBC hack) Pokemon Adventures: Red Chapter (AMAZING scripting and features), Uranium(if you want a good fan game on a computer).

Years
  • I suggest Firered: Rocket Edition (the best Team Rocket hack out there), The Ruby Destiny series (cool how the stories of all four games in the series are connected) Glazed(high quality) Prism (best GBC hack) Pokemon Adventures: Red Chapter (AMAZING scripting and features), Uranium(if you want a good fan game on a computer).

Can Uranium still be downloaded these days?

Years
  • Are there any hacks where i can play as Lance?

Alright I'm new, confused, and probably in the wrong category so I'm sorry about that, but does anyone know of any ROM hacks where I can play as Lance?
    Alternatively, are there any hacks oriented towards a default female character? I'm a girl and most of the hacks I've played are scripted for a male character anyway, even if a female player is available.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2020
    Hola a todos soy nuevo en la comunidad y recientemente me he divertido jugando los hacks rooms de pokemon. Tengo un canal en YouTube se llama Xaicos Games y agradecería sus consejos o sugerencias.

Espero les guste muchas gracias

Years
  • Hi
    I would also like some recommendations. Ive played: AshGray, Orange Islands, and currently playing Adventured Red Chapter. Tried a few others but didnt went through with them.

I would like a finished gen 3 or older game where pokemon arnt forced on you. Im feeling tired using bublasaurs and pikachu's but dont want to not use them in the last games either if you know what i mean.
    And I would like all the basic convenience you can think off:
    - good story, looks, etc
    - early running shoes
    - No fake pokemon
    - no need for HM slave
    - Reusable or purchable TM's.
    - Special/fysical split
    - a bit of a challenge
    etc

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Currently playing Sacred Gold, other than my game crashing sometimes (including the famous https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLMJpHihykI from Nintendo in random trainer battles which first was seen in an fight with an girl who parodied this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWNaR-rxAic ), the hard mode, minor graphical errors in Bellsprout tower and Eevees being rare, it's kinda cool

Update

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNW5h_wV0m8

Ah so it's not that i corrupted my rom of this hack, it's Nintendo doing their whole "piracy is bad" method

(Sorry for my english)

Last edited:

Mitotue

Pokémon fan
    Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Hi everybody! I'm looking for a FRLG patch that just makes all of the Pokémon in the game obtainable and maybe other QoL improvements like reusable TMs

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Is there a pokemon hack either in vba or in pc that is just perfect ? And i mean (I THINK EVERY MODERN HACK OR FAN GAME SHOULD INCLUDE):
    1) ALL up to gen8 pokemon
    2) NO FAKEMON OR CUSTOM STATS & TYPE OR MOVES (EXCEPT EVOLUTION METHOD)
    3) Physical - Special moves split
    4) Re-usable TM'S
    5) Mega evolution and dynamax (or sth like this i'm not familiar with gen 8 yet)
    6) Endless space in bag
    7) 7 or more digits for money
    8) Many pokemon poxes. I don't know how many the more the merrier
    9) HM's not to be needed. See (Pokemon Reborn)
    10) Nature colour implementation
    11) Visible IVs
    12) EV trainer
    13) Modern EXP share & repel system
    etc i think you have got the point

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2020
    I would recommend pokemon ruby destiny reign of legends, flora sky, resolute and for anyone who wants to replay the johto region the choice is liquid crystal. Another is pokemon glazed and greninja z and shiny jewel. I don't know if shiny jewel is complete.

Where can I see walkthrough of pokemon ruby destiny reign of legends? Thanks in advance.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • I now suggest Pokemon Glazed, since if you like the idea of understanding what Pokemon are saying (That idea was suggested for Pokemon XY but was scrapped becuase of translating 721 pokemon cries and got replaced with mega evolutions), this is the hack for you (Althought the author adds many Jolteons but truly, the anime staff seems to hate on them so it's a good thing), also it's the first pokemon Emerald romhack that i played

Last edited:

Yollaxi

Yollaxi
    Years
  • Suggestions

Does anyone have any suggestions for games? Im looking for either a Team Rocket/Team Aqua/Team Galactic hack or maybe Ash's Quest style. Thanks :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Does anyone have any suggestions for games? Im looking for either a Team Rocket/Team Aqua/Team Galactic hack or maybe Ash's Quest style. Thanks :)

Hi Yollaxi. I have merged your thread with the existing recommendation thread.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2021
    Hey everyone! I'm new here so I'm not sure if this is the right place (seems like it though) but I'm on a Mac and unfortunately I updated to Catalina before I realized the consequences of my actions so I can't play most romhacks anymore... do you know of any that are available for Mac? Fan games are totally great too if you know of any that work. Thanks!

Years
  • Pokemon League, but like Anime :)

hi everyone, I just wanted to ask if there is a hack that allows you to challenge the Pokemn League (pff, of course) but not the usual challenge to the Elite Four + the Champion. I am referring to the REAL Pokemon League, that of the anime, that is to challenge other coaches, to pass the rounds, to reach the quarterfinals, in the semifinals, and in the final, in short, a bit what we all want. Do you think it exists ??

Back