• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Raiders

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2009
    I would like to join

Name: Jatyu
    E-Mail: [email protected]
    MSN/AIM/YIM/ICQ: [email protected]
    Time Zone: Western Australian
    Skills: Spriting
    Proof of Work:
    ht tp://ww w.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=292341
    Remove the gaps and go there for my work.
    Past Experience: Spriting teams.

Yeah so tell me if I'm in or not.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
  • Alright - Hack Mew -, i'm working on a GSC revamping project and heres my progress so far:

ROM Raiders

ROM Raiders

(Not much so far, i'm not going to do cyndaquil until later though..)

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years
  • @jatyu: Sorry, but no thanks. I can only see mixes, and we would like skilled spriters who can scratch.

@Crashink: I don't really like those recolors, sorry. They're not really revamped. We've seen better revamps, can you try again with a more FR/LG like shading?

@All: -HackMew- has some problems at home. Because of some bad school marks, he can't use his PC that much. He can only access when he's 'home alone' really :-\

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
  • I'm already in the team, my membership is just pending :P.
    (I'm Brane)

I got some tiles ready, but I don't think anyone will need them:

ROM Raiders

ROM Raiders

I'll see if I can do some different revamps with FR/LG Shading and colours.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    Hey guys, long time, no see.

I am back. Not very active (- -'), but still back. Making a guide for beginners. If you want to help me, I am open to any ideas. I noticed that Andrea - HackMew isn't very active. He has personal reasons, I know them. You too, D-Trogh told you. So... I am here just to keep this thread alive and inform you that I still exist and work on ROM hacking... Gotta go, so take care, guys.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
  • I've been inactive for a while, but I don't know what to do for the team ;). If it's new tiles, palettes or anything like that. Could someone say so?

Anyways, i've improved and can script pretty well now..

Heres a quick script I did:

Code:
    #org $begin
    lock                                           ' Locks the player.
    faceplayer                                  ' Makes the person face him.
    checkflag 0x200                          ' Checks if the flag has been set.
    if b_true goto $done                    ' Goes to a specific pointer if it has.
    message $comewith
    boxset 0x6
    applymovement 0x1 $personwalk         ' These two applymovements are the taking to the battle tower.
    pausemove 0
    applymovement 0xFF $following
    pausemove 0
    message $explain
    boxset 0x6
    applymovement 0x1 $goaway                    ' This is where the person goes away, but the hero is still there.
    pausemove 0
    setflag 0x200                                    ' This just sets the flag <:).
    release
    end

#org $comewith
    = Seems your new here!\nCome with me and i'll take you\pto the Battle Tower.

#org $explain
    = This is the Battle Tower.\nAlot of trainers come here to test their\pskills. There are several different contests\nin the Battle Tower. Consisting of different\plevels and challenges!\nHope that explains it! Goodbye!

#org $personwalk
    * Here go the movements, though I dont need them do I?

#org $following
    * Here go the followme movements.

#org $goaway
    * These are the movements where he walks away.

#org $done
    release
    end

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    Dear Madridista,

Those sprites are just splices from some bases, then recolours. They aren't bad, but too low quality. You can't imagine how hard did I work to get here. Now someone comes with bunch of splices and claims that he has full right to enter high-class group with regular abilities. Try to make custom sprites or really good revamps and the sprites must be HIGH quality. Sorry to say, but I think you shouldn't pass.

~Martin

Years
  • Dear Madridista,

Those sprites are just splices from some bases, then recolours. They aren't bad, but too low quality. You can't imagine how hard did I work to get here. Now someone comes with bunch of splices and claims that he has full right to enter high-class group with regular abilities. Try to make custom sprites or really good revamps and the sprites must be HIGH quality. Sorry to say, but I think you shouldn't pass.

~Martin
    Ok Martin, if you let me I'll make some more (better han that)...

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
    Years
  • Name: Kawai

Email: [email protected]

MSN: [email protected]

Time Zone: GMT+12:00 Fiji

Skills: well, I know how to script and map, but the position I'm after is to become a music editor, since I've edited some music, but haven't composed music.

Proof of Work: I got a patch of Ruby[AXVE] that contains new music, that I've looped and imported at the title screen. The song is the japanese intro song of Pokemon. If you want to see more songs I'll post them later on

Past Expierence : Well, I only hack at home on my on Project, experimenting new things as always.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    I like your A-starter program, Mew! Anyway, i'd like to join.

PS: I'm Dutch too :)

Name: Teh_Mudkip (real name Sam)

E-mail/MSN: [email protected]

AIM: vectorvec1337

Skills: creativity, wild pokemon edits, edit maps with AdvanceMap

Past Experience: Once did a FireRed hack with RSE pokes only, but i dropped it... also did a Ruby hack with the three Hitmon as starters and all maps remaked, but dropped it due to many glitches in the file

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    Teh Mudkip, where's your proof?

ZodiacDaGreat, I don't know, maybe it's my Ruby ROM, but it even didn't load after patching. I hope someone with ROM from another source will be able to test it. Your skills may be useful.

sebbe17, your edits are far from perfect, but still seem cute. The grl would need a bit of fixing up. ...I like your revamps. Maybe better outline (darker) would be better. It would look perfect then.

Cheers!

Years
  • sebbe17, your edits are far from perfect, but still seem cute. The grl would need a bit of fixing up. ...I like your revamps. Maybe better outline (darker) would be better. It would look perfect then.
    Okay, Some of the edits was kind of old, and (in my own eyes) i has inproved. Here are some ash edits i did yesterday.
    ROM Raiders

And some of my newer rewamps... I also tryed to add black outline at one of the older rewamps. Do i need more prof?

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    Kadabra is good, others are bit too much squred and eyes are off. In my opinion, those aren't very good proofs. Sorry.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
  • As Martin said, they aren't very good proofs, some of them have outlines a bit too light and the shading is actually not very good. The sprites look a bit blurry aswell.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    Thanks again Blazichu. Like you said, the thread is open again. We're still looking for new members, as usual so I decided to adjust the thread a little and allow you joining.

Back