• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Reaverz Hacking Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 8, 2024
a boat would be fun and maybe on island can be a cave or something and make sure route 1 should be on the right side of the home town like this...!

[HT]--R1--

maybe the Japanese name for hound flame can be the Region name..!

lets make a vote on what gender the rival will be:
/1 = Female
/2 = Male

I'll go for /1..! ^^

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
Years
That sounds great ^^

@ X-Buster, okay, I don't think it's a big problem to change the room for you. I can handle the warps with ease ^^
My question for now: Did you add the sister in advance map yet?
I really wondered 'cause I didn't see her there ^^''

Neti

Inactive
Years
ill vote for /1
i always prefer girls, or lets say: ladies first!

I have the first draw of my region map done, no towns and routes added already. ill do that when you say you like this one.

region%20map.bmp

I have to say im not very pleased with the mountains on the big island...
and there are too many of those small islands i made just to make the map look more natural

Ill remember the thing with route 1 and the hometown when i go for adding the cities, did you make them already? i mean hometown and route1

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 8, 2024
>>Master_Track: no, just use another sprites for a while until Shadow Arcanine make one..!

Shadow Arcanine

Spriter and OWmaker
Years
Ryou means chase or hound, fire like i said means hi and hondoo means flame, didn't you like the other names?
antoher region name could be Ryotsu, it means nothing, but it sounds good for me xD
maybe other symple names like: Kyuto or Lazon?
like i said, it's your choice, i hope you don't dislike them xD"

Edit: really, the region map is great, you're a great mapper, i like it really much!

and for the sister, is she a little child or a teenager? i think a little child would be better, and which color of hair? blonde or blue?

Neti

Inactive
Years
thx^^ nice to see people like my work

i liked the names from your first post with ideas about it

and so heres my new version of the region map (without cities and routes), im nearly satisfied with this one now, it needs only some small coreections:

regionmap.bmp

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 8, 2024
>>Neti: no not yet, I assigned More4Life to work on that..! and maybe we can put the location of Mt.rage over here..!

[IMAGE DELETED]

>>Shadow Arcanine: A child would be better and can you search for the Japanese name for hound flame, just want to know what name will form..?

Last edited:

Neti

Inactive
Years
i dont know what the Mt. Rage is but i made a path to this island

regionmap2.bmp

I think there are 14 cities/towns now and about 18 to 20 routes.
The green Town at the bottom left of the biggest island is the starter town.
I think it would be good to have a surf path from the bottom left island to the starter town, but you would have to change that on the map of the town too. making such a route would bring the player across the small island east of the bottom left island, we could add a cave there.
and i think tht this island where you want to place mt rage should be only accesible from one side, like i did it, since mt rage will play an improtant role in the game (or not, i dont know :P)

if u dislike ssomething tell me, its not hard to change things

and to the name: i like Kyuto which ShadowArcanine suggested

I also have some suggestions about cave/mountain positions:
regionmap23.bmp

1: as you can easily ssee on the map without the routes, the path goes directly through/over a mountain here
2: Mt. Rage, as you suggested
3: This goes through or over a mountain,too
4: The Same
5: Here we should add a cave with three exits: north south and east

and maybe we could also do something with the small island east of the bottom left island (i already said that above)
so More4Life (you are working on the map for the starter town i think), if it doesnt ruin the concept of the whole city i would like to add a path from the left bottom island which ends at the south side of the starter town

and since im nearly done with the region map now you could tell me what to do now ;-)

Last edited:

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
Years
hey that looks great ^^

I'm done with the script of the sister too:
Spoiler:
It's in the game and it works. I'll send you a patch now with the script inside.
But the room should be better mapped by a mapper and not by me, it horrible for me to do all the things with movement permissions and so on.

But, the script works xD

If you step down after going upstairs, you sister comes to you, will face you, and depending on which gender you chose she will say bro or sis in the message. Then she will return back to the seat at the table.
I also insertet a script for herself, if you speak to her now sitting at the table she tells you to hurry, 'cause your father's waiting.
After getting you first Pokemon, she just asks: Bro/sis, how ya doing? (depending on gender again).
Spoiler:
Hope you like it ^^

Neti

Inactive
Years
the script looks good, i was never really successfull in scripting, but i understand most of it

i can map the room since i have nothing to do now
just tell me what i have to care about to make it fit to your script so the girl doesnt walk through a wall...
i think the room were talking about is the living room of your own house right? so ill take the size of the original one
the mom will be in there too right?

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
Years
The mom is in the original position, and one field downwards sits the sister at the table.
She will walk right, up, right, right, right and then face upwards. The field she is facing to will be the field where the script is ^^

Neti

Inactive
Years
this is the path you described:

room.bmp

that will make her end up next to the stairs and not in front of the player... there are no stairs that go down from the left to the right, i could make some but that would cause errors when coming from upstairs since the player will still do 1 step to the left...
the other thing i could is either make a strange wall or let the player come through a door, not the stairs

if we would locate the girl somewhere else or change the script it would be better

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
Years
oh sry I changed the stairs first and then the script xD
Okay if you tell me how the movement of the girl should be I will just change it.

Neti

Inactive
Years
make it right up up up and then face right, so she is standing directly in front of the player

this is what i did with the room, its more tile editing than map editing:

raum.bmp

but it should work with your script and looks nice

heres an archive with the map and the tileset for advancemap:

http://eugenier.eu.ohost.de/poke/room.rar

just import the tileset with palette 0

and tell me what you think about the flatscreen, maybe it looks a lil bit dumb

Last edited:

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
Years
I really like the flatscreen ^^
sry I had a breakdance battle today so I wasn't able to change anything more.
But I'll start tommorow with the changes of the room and then I'll test if the scripts work allright.

Brushfire

afc bournemouth <3
Years
OK I feel very left out here as there is not much for me to do ^^ lol. I like the flatscreen it looks cool. I've looked through and I've gotta say everything looks very good so far. Congrats on the two 10/10's Neti.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 8, 2024
I love Everything..! 10/10
maybe we could mirror the room like this..!

[IMAGE DELETED]

so it wont be the same like fire red that the stairs is always on the top right corners and you know what I'm talking about..!

>>Mon94key: because you have nothing to do so far, you could help us in any ways..!^^,

Last edited:

Brushfire

afc bournemouth <3
Years
I suppose lol. I think it would be better mirrored, that sounds like a good idea. It gets boring when it's always the same lol. If you need any help with Plot or something PM me..! (I'm just joking I won't start copying you =P)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 8, 2024
The only problem is the warp of the stairs, when you try to enter you only bump it and when you walk to the opposite side(right side) you warped as you where climbing to heaven(no stairs), LOL..!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back