• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ron, no—please—come back, come back!

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    What do you feel about being alone? Do you like being alone? Or are you the kind of person that likes to be surrounded with people?

I don't like being alone, yet I don't like to be surrounded with too many people. Even if I'm accompanied by one person only, I'd be happy.

*and please excuse the Harry Potter related title. xP

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
    I hate being surrounded with people. Being with 1-2 others is okay, and being alone is okay too.

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    I don't mind being surrounded with a group of friends, close friends, no matter how large the group is. I also don't mind being alone for a while.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    Sometimes I like being alone and some other times I do not like being alone.
    However, I do not like being surrounded by loads of people.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    I have more difficulty being with other people than I do being alone. It may sound selfish but I can become a lot more concentrated on my own endeavors if I sever myself off from the world. Of course, there are a few people who are always welcome, like my family and my closest friends, but I tend to be very introverted most of the time.

If I get too lonely but don't want to be with someone, like if I'm really upset over something, I always have my cat to pet. She's a good friend.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I love being with a bunch of people. I despise being lonely. It makes me depressed. When I'm with my kitties, I don't feel that lonely, because I feel comfortable.

Years
    Call me weird, but I feel more alone in a crowd than when I'm actually alone.
    Ideal is being surrounded by a low amount of people, enough not to run out of topics and eventually get annoyed at them quickly but please not too many.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    There are certain times when I like having time alone, but most of the time I actually perfer being around a crowd. I'm a people-person, so I enjoy company and interacting with people. If I'm alone for too long, I usually get bored too quickly or I'm left wondering what someone else somewhere else is doing right at that moment.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Having time alone for me is very important. I'd rather do something by myself than in a group.

marcc5m

what
    Years
    When am I not alone? I prefer being alone. Or with just a few people. But mostly alone. Heck, I'm alone right now.

Years
    I like being alone sometimes, but I also like to be around people. Being alone all the time would make me feel depressed :/

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I dislike being surrounded by people, and I really would choose being alone then in a group of people. If it was one other person, I might choose another person but for the most part I wouldn't.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    For the past couple of days, I've pretty much been alone due to my parents' holiday to Venice and my brother, and a fair number of my friends, still attending university. It's been nice, for the most part, as I have a lot of stuff I need to catch up on - work, mainly - and the relative lack of distractions means it's easier to accomplish the tasks I have for the day. (I say relative as, well, I still have internet access: procrastination ahoy!)

However, while I'm grateful for this 'me time', as I've been calling it, I'm glad it's going to be over in a few more days. There are times where I like being by myself, but there are many others when I want to be with people, whether it's chilling with my friends, talking with my family, or even getting involved with university discussions and extra-curricular activities with people I don't really care about. It's all just a case of finding the balance between all of this.

Rainy Day

Perfect Weather
    Years
    It's usually a blessing... since people are some of the most obnoxious and exhausting entities ever. Sometimes it can be lonely, but I'd say that the good far outweighs the bad.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I love hanging out with people, but I need my me time too. I gotta have my time to get my homework done, chillax, watch some tv, and read. Otherwise I get burnt out.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I love being alone. I'm definitely an introvert and having time to myself always gives me a chance to collect my thoughts or do something that I really enjoy that's hard to do with someone else there. (Like play a one-player game [especially a handheld one] or draw [since I hate when people look over my shoulder when I do art].) When I am around people, if there are too many I just find it kind of tiring. I prefer maintaining a few close friendships over having a lot of them, but I also sometimes like having more than one person with me when I'm with friends because sometimes it's nice to have a few minutes to yourself out of a day with others, or if you aren't really close with the person, awkward silences just suck. :<

I've been alone a lot over the past four months (or even about a year, really), though, and it does get really lonesome. I definitely couldn't do this as long term as I have been. Even as it is, I really need to get out of the house and see my friends (who are all busy with finals), though I'm thankful my family is here at least.

Back