• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rowlet, Litten, Popplio and Iwanko all hide a secret! But what is it?

Years
  • I can't imagine they would abandon a mechanic that improved the metagame, made old Pokemon viable, and was generally well-received. There are too many Pokemon that sill need megas.

There's been speculation going around on if Mega Evolution will return, and if it does it could be an additional purpose for the crystals on the bracelets to use, alongside the rumoured Synchro Evolution (which is what people have been referring to the Ash Greninja form in the anime as).

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Being the forth starter doesnt make them all share secret right? Sort that out.
    Maybe they all have an alternative(secret) form, i think thats very probable to the description.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Why do people think the trainer can fuse with Pokémon? The Anime isn't even canon to the games, there have been things that have appeared in the Anime that haven't appeared in the games before.

Anyway, I think Iwanka could be a secret starter.

Because they have been slowly pushing the anime to coincide with the games. Steven mentions what seems like Alain in ORAS, the anime pushed the zygarde forms, and most though

"Oh they're anime exclusive" when that's not( and should have been obvious) the case. Gamefreak is trying to make the anime a pillar and build up for the games. I'm guessing we'll be getting syncro revealed at E3 alongside Ash greninja who will be a day one event, but synchro will work to mirro our characters. I'd also guess that synchro will work like zygarde perfection and be based on how low the HP is. The anime never does big thinks that carry on for episodes like these, unless they aren't anime exclusive. Plus both of those things already appeared in the tcg and shuffle.

And the alchemy element theory makes a lot of sense. But why have iwana be a representation of alchemy like the starters but not a starter? It's going to be interesting to see what they end up being.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • I think it may be 'Synchro Formes' or whatever. You have the starters and a dog. Dogs are "man's best friend" so it'd make sense for a dog to be compatible with trainers for sychro evolution.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I think it make be 'Synchro Formes' or whatever. You have the starters and a dog. Dogs are "man's best friend" so it'd make sense for a dog to be compatible with trainers for sychro evolution.

Good point you made about dogs there and the bond they tend to have with their owners. This is making me definitely feel more on-board with the Synchro Evolution theory, but that makes me question something - I watched a theory video on Synchro Evolution and if they were to go down the Ash Greninja route and make the Pokemon inherit the physical appearance of the trainer, it would be complicated to make so many models that incorporate physical elements from both protagonists.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Good point you made about dogs there and the bond they tend to have with their owners. This is making me definitely feel more on-board with the Synchro Evolution theory, but that makes me question something - I watched a theory video on Synchro Evolution and if they were to go down the Ash Greninja route and make the Pokemon inherit the physical appearance of the trainer, it would be complicated to make so many models that incorporate physical elements from both protagonists.

They'd probably just go with a single model with a difference that vaguely resembles the protagonist. Each sex has its own hat that every model wears, and Ash-Greninja gets its differences based on Ash's red hat. I hope the dog gets a cute scarf.

Years
  • However it does seem like they recycled some Gen VI models, so they might've had time to make unique synchros for all the hats and shirts.

Given the appearances we've seen of Salamence, Gengar, Metagross and Garchomp so far in the trailers it appears the older Pokemon have recycled their 6th Gen models as well. So when you look at it, 7th Gen feels a lot like 6th Gen in the battle scenes while the improved engine focus seems to be directed at the overworld.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Given the appearances we've seen of Salamence, Gengar, Metagross and Garchomp so far in the trailers it appears the older Pokemon have recycled their 6th Gen models as well. So when you look at it, 7th Gen feels a lot like 6th Gen in the battle scenes while the improved engine focus seems to be directed at the overworld.
    Speaking of those four, three are Pseudos, and all Four have Megas. I wonder if that's a coincidence, or not.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I think it could be whatever the Ash-Greninja feature is supposed to be, and it could involve those bracelets that the protags are wearing. The in-game reveals for SM of the Zygarde Formes along with the signature moves Thousand Waves and Thousand Arrows is making me think that the other stuff is gonna be revealed also; the Ash-Greninja mechanic and the signature move Light of Ruin that belongs to AZ's Floette.

Years
  • I wonder what mons could have these. I can see Raichu, and Togekiss having them. Raichu for being the evolution of the Yellow starter (Pikachu), and Togekiss due to evolving from the mon we got in an egg (Togepi) in the Johto games.

Years
  • Synchro Evolution? Is that where they can all merge together or something? If so, that would be horrible...

Well the concept people are think of is that the Pokemon's final evolution will be able to transform into a Mega evolution like state that resembles the player. It'll be through a "synchronization of feelings" like Ash and Greninja in the anime.

Deníz1

Die Nacht ist des Freien Freund
    Years
  • I found this statement on serebii, by Masuta:

"17:17: Part of the focus on the development of the starters was on their movement when in battle."

I cant help but feel this hints towards the "secret", even tho formeo isnt included in this statement.

Let's break his words down
    Focus on the starters movement, when they are in battle

Im guessing he means insted of just wobblin forward and back (like almost all pokemon sprites in the last gens did). Im no native english speaker, but I hope you get the essence of what im trying to say. All pokemons were just slightly moving when youre having a battle against trainer / other pokemon (as long as theyre not using a move ofcourse...)

Maybe to make it all feel more natural they give them a more natrual Stance and make the flow between 'doing nothing' and 'blastin the sh't out of the other pokemon' more fluently.

I mean atm your pokemon either stands still (or wobbles like I said...) or it blasts with shiny explosions towards the other pokemon (using a move). They dont walk back to you, they just stand there again. at all it just feels, stiff and un-natural imho.

any other suggestions? could i be right? im really intrested on your guys opinions on this.!

Salute!

Reactions: Z25

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
  • That makes sense. Since the starters are, well, the starters, having them (and their evos) have more animation in battle makes sense. And Iwanko is the cute puppy pokemon, and since they haven't really had a cute puppy before now, they expect it to be popular. I expect some of the other more popular pokemon (pikachu, lucario, ect.) and their evos to get this too. Especially Pikachu.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 9, 2019
    I read the post myself in japanese and I'm like 95% sure it doesn't mention this "secret". There is a bit that roughly translates to "what kind of evolutions will they have?". I'm pretty sure that's what serebii reported as hinting towards a secret but it sounds to me more like a general question at most hinting that they'll reveal the evolutions soon. Everyone is going to be so disappointed when it turns out there was no big secret after all.

In general that leak wasn't covered very well. For example, it detailed exactly what magearna's soul heart ability does but there was no mention of this until the E3 reveal a few days later.

Back