• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rowlet, Litten, Popplio and Iwanko all hide a secret! But what is it?

Z25

Team Player
Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    According to Corocoro Rowlet, Litten, Popplio and Iwanko all hide a secret. What could this be? A new mechanic like synchro tied to them? A special feature? Or as some speculate is Iwanko a fourth starter?

What do you think their secret could be?

deathpool

Hopeless Cole Stan
    Years
  • it would be insane if there was a fourth starter. like, everything we've known about pokemon for the past 20 years would change.
    doubt it lmao, i'm not sure what the secret is. too vague to actually speculate anything.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    Maybe they have two shinies versions...

Maybe they have the connection mega mechanic in their line since Ash-greninja.... and the fact they are all sort of domesticated pet types (bird, cat dogs)

maybe in their leaked images, they are hiding something behind them

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I am doubting it is a fourth starter, especially when it says all 3 of them are hiding something. It could be a special Mega Evo like form or it could just be as simple as them being able to walk behind you.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • The secret to being cute?

OT: Probably something to do with evolution.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I really hope it's a fourth starter. I mean Pikachu is technically a fourth starter when you think about it. If the dog is the fourth starter sorry other three, you ain't gonna be mine.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • I think maybe having two abilities at once ? I don't want to put out the idea of Pokémon Fusion out there again, but it could be that but I highly doubt it :P
    Maybe it has to do with something with Alchemy due to the starters and Legendaries are based off of Alchemy, so maybe they can change their "element" or type, because in Alchemy, you're trying to change the element or substance you currently have. Maybe with an item or an ability they are a different type (maybe have a different form ? ) or are not weak to the types they usually are weak to.
    Because from the gameplay we've gotten so far, you get (what seems) the "mega bracelet" early on in the game right away after you get your starters (you seem to get it after your first battle with your rival) so the bracelet can contribute to Alola's Pokémon. :3

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I think sychro or alchemy could actually be reasonable answers.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think maybe having two abilities at once ? I don't want to put out the idea of Pokémon Fusion out there again, but it could be that but I highly doubt it :P
    Maybe it has to do with something with Alchemy due to the starters and Legendaries are based off of Alchemy, so maybe they can change their "element" or type, because in Alchemy, you're trying to change the element or substance you currently have. Maybe with an item or an ability they are a different type (maybe have a different form ? ) or are not weak to the types they usually are weak to.
    Because from the gameplay we've gotten so far, you get (what seems) the "mega bracelet" early on in the game right away after you get your starters (you seem to get it after your first battle with your rival) so the bracelet can contribute to Alola's Pokémon. :3

I think that it's related to that bracelet. If you look at Iwanko you see indents on it's fur that look like crystals. They remind me of the bracelet we've seen the Mc's have in the artwork. I think it'll be the rumored Synchro evolution. If so, then I'm glad it's not going to only be the starters like some think (cough Tyranitartube cough) or thought it would be.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    From another thread:
    Well, between the four of them, the classical elements are covered.
    Rowlet as Air (Flying)
    Litten as Fire
    Popplio as Water
    and Iwanko as Earth (Rock)
    plus Nekkoala as Heart

I don't remember, are the classical elements a thing for alchemy, or largely unrelated?

But I changed my mind and the player character should be Heart.
    And together we summon Captain Planet some kinda Legendary!

Years
  • Perhaps they secrete dangerous or disturbing substances. How these are finally manifested depends on which Pokémon it is.

I suppose all of their abilities could be something akin to Greninja's, or general variations on this. Unlikely, though, but we'll see what kind of surprise they have planned, and hopefully it doesn't change the series too significantly by this point.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • According to wikipedia " The elemental system used in Medieval alchemy was developed primarily by the Persian alchemist Jābir ibn Hayyān.[24] His system consisted of the four classical elements of air, earth, fire, and water, in addition to two philosophical elements: sulphur, characterizing the principle of combustibility, "the stone which burns"; and mercury, characterizing the principle of metallic properties. " So yes, the four elements are a part of Alchemy.
    It's important to remember that the term Azoth is also an alchemical term. So it's possible a link to Magma and/or Aqua exists.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    I cant see Iwanko as a fourth starter. It was shown belonging to a NPC which implies it is just an Pokémon we can catch early in the game

Last edited:
    Years
  • As pointed out, the starters and Iwanko seem to represent the classic elements - Air (Rowlet), Fire (Litten), Water (Popplio) and Earth (Iwanko). Also, it was mentioned that all four are based on an alchemic symbol - Salt, Sulfur, Mercury and Lead respectively, and the indents in Iwanko's collar fur are similar to the crystals present in the protagonists' bracelets and the Japanese logos which is hinted to be the heavily theorized Synchro Evolution.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • Why do people think the trainer can fuse with Pokémon? The Anime isn't even canon to the games, there have been things that have appeared in the Anime that haven't appeared in the games before.

Anyway, I think Iwanka could be a secret starter.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I can totally understand the three starters being connected, but a fourth new Pokemon that seems unrelated is interesting. I'm thinking it has something to do with alchemy to start with but also how Iwanko could be a fourth starter? Idk if that's a little too out there but the fact that this Pokemon connects with three elemental starters indicates it must have similar characteristics and stats or have some sort of importance in the game just as those three do.

Years
  • Why do people think the trainer can fuse with Pokémon? The Anime isn't even canon to the games, there have been things that have appeared in the Anime that haven't appeared in the games before.

Anyway, I think Iwanka could be a secret starter.

Secret fourth starter? I can't see that happening since the starter selection only showed Rowlet, Litten and Popplio. My likely guess is that Iwanko will be an early-route encounter and you know, we've never had a Rock-type available in the really early routes before. I mean, Unova had an early Rock-type encounter with Roggenrola but that was after you defeated the first Gym.

Back