• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RPChallenge: April

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023

RPChallenge
    April Edition

Welcome to our latest, monthly RPChallenge! Since it's been a long time since the RPOs, and many of our current users weren't around to experience it, we will be posing RPChallenges on a monthly basis. These challenges are short, require only one post and will be voted on by helpful members – the winner will receive a shiny new emblem and a one-time HTML usertitle!

This event will last until 28th April, judging will then take place!

>>> CHALLENGE!

This week's challenge is... joint posts!!

By Monday 28th April, we would like you to write a unique joint post! Below are three, vague situations for you to pick from. It is then your job to find a partner (or a few!) and write one fantastic post, together.

The categories are as follows:

Battle
    Date
    School-Life

How you interpret this categories is up to you, but the judges will be looking for the connection when they send in their scores.

>>> RULES!
    • These are joint posts! Posts must be written by 2-4 people, and all who contribute must be credited.
    • The piece should be original, and not copied or altered from a pre-existing piece of writing.
    • When posting your entry please include your 'category' at the top, with any additional title you give the piece.
    • Post any questions, queries, etc. in this thread or VM/PM me directly.

>>> JUDGING!

Please bear in mind judges shouldn't be competing - if you change your mind you're free to switch out though! Sign up in the thread or via VM/PM.

Judge 1: Magic
    Judge 2: gimmepie
    Judge 3: SylveonStar2
    Judge 4: Julius Caesar

Judges will give entries a mark out of 10 for their overall enjoyment of the joint-post and a mark out of ten for grammar/punctuation, as well as a small write up including constructive criticism and compliments!

>>> ENTRIES!

1. GastlyGibus and TrueEpicness
    2. Colony, Grif of Hearts, Lord Sephear, and Songbird
    etc...

Let the games begin!

Last edited:

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
    Years
  • So I have a question: Does the joint post have to be written with guys specifically for this challenge or is it copied from a pre-existing RP?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    So I have a question: Does the joint post have to be written with guys specifically for this challenge or is it copied from a pre-existing RP?

The piece should be original, and not copied or altered from a pre-existing piece of writing.

Yep it needs to be specifically written for this challenge - of course, you could use events in RPs are motivation and inspiration, but I don't want to see copy/pasting ;3.

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
    Years
  • Woohoo! A JP challenge, now I can finally stop being a punk coward and enter, and play off of other people's talents :'D

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    If you need more judges I'd love to do that again if it is okay.

You've been added, thank you!

Woohoo! A JP challenge, now I can finally stop being a punk coward and enter, and play off of other people's talents :'D

Good! >:3 About time too, Lord Seph.

I'm up for a collab so if anyone's looking for a partner hit me up.

^ ^ Anyone else who is looking for a partner (or a group with room for another) go hit Nauje up!

GastlyGibus

I'm battin' a thousand!
    Years
  • I suppose I should ask. Do these Joint Posts have to be in the universe of an existing Role Play? Or can they be something completely made-up on the spot?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I suppose I should ask. Do these Joint Posts have to be in the universe of an existing Role Play? Or can they be something completely made-up on the spot?

Either! Up to you :) as long as it fits one of the categories it can be original or based on an existing world.

Years
    • Seen today
    Great, another challenge! Can we use music themes in the joint post to spice things up? :D

Also: can somebody enter twice? As in, participate in more than one JP.

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Great, another challenge! Can we use music themes in the joint post to spice things up? :D

Also: can somebody enter twice? As in, participate in more than one JP.

You may indeed, as long as it fits one of the categories still.

Yes yes you may! :)

GastlyGibus

I'm battin' a thousand!
    Years
  • Well, might as well get my first entry out of the way. This one is between me and True Epicness.

Spoiler:

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
    Years
  • Uhm, Magic, what exactly qualifies as "Battle?" Would player versus environment count, or would it be limited to player versus player?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Uhm, Magic, what exactly qualifies as "Battle?" Would player versus environment count, or would it be limited to player versus player?

It's really up to you to determine what battle can mean - I suppose a battle for survival against an environmental problem could count!

I'll update the contestants list as more people post their works :) all judging spots are now taken - keep up the good work, remember that you need to post by Monday 28th April!

Years
    • Seen today
    For the record, it doesn't matter if the post is giant, does it? There's no given length, that's why I'm asking

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Doesn't particularly matter nope! Just make sure to spoiler it ^^.

Make sure y'all finish off over the weekend! deadline is Monday!

Years
    • Seen today
    Seeing as there has only been one application, and me, GastlyGibus and Greiger are still working on ours (complications got in the way and we will not finish in time), is it possible that the deadline is extended for a few days?

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
    Years
  • Here it is! We hope you all enjoy it.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Friday the 2nd May has come around. For those groups still writing, I'll officially lock this when I wake up tomorrow.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back