• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Runescape.... Wait, what?

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Memories. This was the first MMORPG I ever played. I think... I was 7 ? It was back in 2005. <3
    Okay, I reregistered and done the tutorial. If anyone wants to add me, I am Seco560.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    Actually, you can only cast Home Teleport once every half hour! Sorry to burst your bubble!
    I'm a bit of a veteran for RuneScape, and I appear to be higher level than anyone here, so add me if you have any questions! (Make sure to mention you're from PokeCommunity though :O)

X3

Err, actually, you didn't burst anything.
    I'm considering the time it would take to both travel and gather ore.
    In the time since you use the Home Teleport, you would have Smelted/Forged, Banked/Sold, Traveled Back to your mining spot, and mined another inventory full of ore. By then I imagine it would be enough time for the spell to replenish.

If you're reaching your mining spot fast, then at that point you're better off walking or using other means of getting back to Lumby.

Also, the majority of us started new accounts.
    My original account was created back in September 2003, with a total level of 1,341 and it holds hi scores such as level 88 WC, 76 mining, 81 fletching, to name a few.
    Don't talk to me 'bout Runescape like I don't know it! ;D

DARKSHADE

Waiting.. In the Shadows..
    Years
    I started replaying it a while ago at the beggining of last year.. and quit around January this year.
    Level 88 on non member worlds and 90 on members..
    Full Dragon (Plate and full helm)
    With about 900k on me if I can remember..
    gets boring after you get so high up in the ranks.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    I might just join the bandwagon and make a new account. :P

I already have an account with 99 thieving and 99 woodcutting (Im such a nerd :P), but yeah... starting a new account might be fun. ;D

Now to come up with a username...

Yeah, I called him Ignis Arrow, simply because all the other names I wanted to call him were taken it doens't sound that bad. Ignis is fire in Latin (according to some website), so basically Fire Arrow. :P

Here's my character~

Killed the dragon, saved the princess... I chose to get woodcutting xp instead of mining. Meh, I thought it suited my character more. :P

Last edited:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    I've decided I hate you all for making me want to play Runescape again after all these years. I'm WishHarold if you want to hit me up ;).

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Nevermind, I got bored of my new character and went back to my old one. XD

Heres some pics of my main account:

I'm so manly that I have a purple cape. XD

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Lol. You guys and your high level characters. I was only like 600k away from full dragon(chain) though... I guess I should go get it. It only takes a couple hours to get that much anyway lol.

Guren

Troll
    Years
    Lol. You guys and your high level characters. I was only like 600k away from full dragon(chain) though... I guess I should go get it. It only takes a couple hours to get that much anyway lol.
    It only takes you a couple hours to get 600k? What exactly do you do? It takes me that long to get 200k, if not, less. >___>

Done every quest except Dragon Slayer, and I just beat Melzar's Maze and on my way to Crandor to beat Karamja. Only Combat Level 45 :D

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    I tried it once but I hate how you need to pay to have the full experience, so I dropped it after an hour. :P

Years
    I tried it once but I hate how you need to pay to have the full experience, so I dropped it after an hour. :P
    You can't possibly know what you're missing an hour in. At the end of the day, it's also pretty cheap to be a member. It's $9.50/month in Australia, so what's that in the US? $9.60? lol

I've never been a member, but that's because I haven't finished all of the F2P quests yet.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    You can't possibly know what you're missing an hour in. At the end of the day, it's also pretty cheap to be a member. It's $9.50/month in Australia, so what's that in the US? $9.60? lol

I've never been a member, but that's because I haven't finished all of the F2P quests yet.

It's actually only like $6 in USD, which was like two days worth of lunch money I could save up by not eating lunch back in the middle school days when I played this game. : D

I'd give it to my neighbor's dad and he would buy me membership with his card, lol.

But seriously, there's not much you can enjoy these days without paying for it.
    Runescape actually gives you a pretty good amount of things to keep you occupied if you don't have membership.

Last edited:

Kenpokid

Hee-ho!
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    It only takes you a couple hours to get 600k? What exactly do you do? It takes me that long to get 200k, if not, less. >___>

Done every quest except Dragon Slayer, and I just beat Melzar's Maze and on my way to Crandor to beat Karamja. Only Combat Level 45 :D

NO.
    DO NOT FIGHT ELVARG YET.
    Get 43 Prayer (to get the money, kill Hill Giants, bury the bones, pick up stackable items and limpwurt rotos) first.
    Also, there are a bunch of ways to get several hundred thousand GP per hour, like 76king (look up a guide on "76k triangle trick") or legit PKing.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years

Actually the USD is a whole $.02 stronger now. lol

Years
    Some random just gave me a Black Kite because I mentioned that's what I was on my way to buy. Woot! So now I'm level 22 and a little bored.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    Oh my. RuneScape.

After a two month inactivity period, I come back to find that I lost 4M. My Saradomin sword and Godsword fell in value... aw man. Oh well. I'll just make it back by flipping and fishing rocktail.

-44M coins
    -Three skillcapes
    -Dragonfire shield

Also, membership over in the states was $6/month the last I checked. And you shouldn't ever upgrade until you're ready to take advantage of the added content. I upgraded at level 70 I think. The first thing I did was complete Lost City, which allowed me to wield a Dragon longsword. As a rule of thumb, wait until you can wield Dragon weapons before you become a member.

@Kenpokid: You can also merchant (buy items low and sell them high) or Fish. At level 99 Fishing, you can fish sharks and rocktail at great rate. I made 80% of my money this way.

Last edited:

Guren

Troll
    Years
    NO.
    DO NOT FIGHT ELVARG YET.
    Get 43 Prayer (to get the money, kill Hill Giants, bury the bones, pick up stackable items and limpwurt rotos) first.
    Also, there are a bunch of ways to get several hundred thousand GP per hour, like 76king (look up a guide on "76k triangle trick") or legit PKing.
    Actually, I beat it :P With 3 Runes (in case I was dying and needed to teleport) 2 Salmons, and 23 Tuna, it was quite easy to pull it off :3 40 Attack, 40 Strength and 30 Defence, no problem. Now I've completed every quest! :D

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years

@Kenpokid: You can also merchant (buy items low and sell them high) or Fish. At level 99 Fishing, you can fish sharks and rocktail at great rate. I made 80% of my money this way.
    Also, if you don't already have piles of money, or any really high level skills, take a cannon to the green dragons.

It's actually best to do it when there are a lot of people though, (speaking of which... you may want to turn public chat off) because the cannon will waste ammo like crazy if you let it shoot every single dragon. It's best to place it so it can focus on one or 2 at a time.

Last edited:

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    I had over a hundred accounts, the highest level I've got to was like a 118. Currently my tanker is about Level 90. Haven't played it in 5+ days, gonna check it out.

Back