• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Runescape.... Wait, what?

Years
    It turns out that Runescape now locks up at the login screen and I can't seem to do anything about it. And it's simply not as much fun on the laptop. Why they had to make it on the moody Java engine is beyond me.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    It actually looks alright now that you can resize the Window, up the graphics, enable AA run in DirectX mode. Plus quite a few other things changed since.

Yeah I bumped up the graphics and removed all of the god awful aliasing, and now it's looking pretty attractive.

So far i've just gotten through the tutorial and have been exploring Lumbridge. They have changed a lot. There are new NPCs and buildings everywhere, better animations, more sound effects, different menus. Just a whole lot of improvements.

They also took a pretty impressive approach to remove scamming from the game, which some people seem to dislike. Personally i'm just glad i'm not gonna get the whole "take back" scam pulled on me anymore. I used to HATE that.

EDIT: Started a new NEW account, ha ha. SkyMeetSea.

Last edited:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    I hate the anti scamming changes. They weren't actually made to stop scamming anyway, they were made to stop gold sellers. Also, they took out the wild. It's gone. Completely. Now they have entire worlds meant for pvp, which is much more stupid honestly.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    So i've managed to experience a couple of the new additions to F2P during my time playing today:
    • An objective list was added to always create something to keep you busy.
    • 4-5 new quests have been added for F2P, one of which I did today and it was pretty fun. Involved an ice cave that had a similar sliding puzzle to the Pokemon series.
    • New skill Dungeoneering is available to F2P
    • Better animations
    • Better NPC AI. Found Lumbridge Gaurds fighting Goblins out behind Lumbridge and eating food to heal afterwards.

I'm actually having a blast. Huh.
    I managed to make a couple of new buddies in-game while roaming around Lumbridge. x]

Last edited:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Wow... F2P worlds are weird... people are actually training their skills in lumby, or mining/woodcutting/fishing etc in all of the most obscure places in the game... You don't see that on member's worlds.

I guess it's because the world is like 1/10th the size of the member's world, and it still has 2000 people on it, so they HAVE to fill up every possible location. There's no where else to go. lol
    I was actually complaining that the worlds seemed to empty, and that world 2 should be able to hold like... 5000 instead of just 2000. The reason being, is that the world is so huge, that it feels really empty, and I want more people to talk to, and compete against etc.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    Runescape is awesome, what are you talking about.

That looks neat, I might give this a go again. Is there more poor person content now? Bah, I'll find out myself.

You last logged in 549 days ago
    **** yeah.

Last edited:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    The weirdest thing that's happened to me so far, on my new account, is a level 60-something wearing full rune, walking up to me, a level 6 with absolutely nothing, and asked me for 5k. I had just got 20k from a drop in the party room awhile before that, and he seemed to be making fun of me or something, so I gave it to him just to watch his reaction. lol

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    The weirdest thing that's happened to me so far, on my new account, is a level 60-something wearing full rune, walking up to me, a level 6 with absolutely nothing, and asked me for 5k. I had just got 20k from a drop in the party room awhile before that, and he seemed to be making fun of me or something, so I gave it to him just to watch his reaction. lol
    Someone on Runescape making fun off people for not having any money? Isn't that like a dog making fun of a cat for having four legs? Stick it to him bro.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Just created a new account, Arma070 for those who'd like to know.
    Anyway a cow dropped a staf of air, and I managed to trade that for 1k and an anti dragon shield, pretty good deal if ya ask me. Used the 1k to buy myself an iron pickaxe and an iron chainbody.

@ fenyx4: the jobs don't affect the gameplay at all. You just get different clothes, that's all. You won't probably even see the difference with some armor equiped anyway.

From what ive seen I don't think it really effects anything skill-wise, it's just a preferred class reflecting whatever skill you enjoy using.
    You can still change each individual piece of clothing and change the hair.

Also they have voice acting in the tutorial that reminds me of the lady from fable, ha ha.

Edit: beaten! D:
    Darn phone browsing.

Oh... I thought it was going to alter stats, similar to the job classes in Final Fantasy... Thanks for the info!

I hate the anti scamming changes. They weren't actually made to stop scamming anyway, they were made to stop gold sellers. Also, they took out the wild. It's gone. Completely. Now they have entire worlds meant for pvp, which is much more stupid honestly.

You mean the wilderness (non-"urban" areas) are all gone, just like that? Really? Whoa...

Hmm...I hope to log in again soon and see all the changes I'm hearing about...

EDIT: Just logged in! I can't see the time elapsed on there since my last visit, though... :( Am I still able to choose a job class with an old account? I'm not seeing any options, and I wished to change my clothes as well. By the way, I'm known as Phenyxfire on there. :D

Last edited:

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    Wow... F2P worlds are weird... people are actually training their skills in lumby, or mining/woodcutting/fishing etc in all of the most obscure places in the game... You don't see that on member's worlds.

I guess it's because the world is like 1/10th the size of the member's world, and it still has 2000 people on it, so they HAVE to fill up every possible location. There's no where else to go. lol
    I was actually complaining that the worlds seemed to empty, and that world 2 should be able to hold like... 5000 instead of just 2000. The reason being, is that the world is so huge, that it feels really empty, and I want more people to talk to, and compete against etc.

Yeah, there's no happy medium there unfortunately. :(
    The free worlds are full of people everywhere you go, but the majority of them are young and seem to be after finding the quickest way to get banned.
    The member worlds are usually filled with nice people, but theyre spread out all over that huge world.

Last edited:

Guren

Troll
    Years
    Yeah, so I started playing RuneScape last week, and I was surprised to find out how many of my real-life friends still play it :o

I really like a lot of the new changes in RuneScape, that I hadn't seen since I've been on last year. For example: Dungeoneering is a good way to start out with skill leveling, graphics and animations are much smoother, the Notes system can come in handy, etc. The new font for when NPCs talk is a lot less medieval, fancy-looking, but that's a good thing.

The thing that I ABSOLUTELY HATE now is the trade cap... terrible. Apparently it's to prevent scamming, but it IS the player's fault for being scammed. If you're giving away so much money, wouldn't it be a good idea to know what you're trading it for? Before you could create an account for pure money-making skills (like woodcutting, mining, fishing, etc.) and trade the money you made to your "main" account, but now that's impossible, since the trade cap for newbies is only 5k, and I think at maximum 40k.

The PVP Worlds imo was a good and bad idea. I DO enjoy the fact that you can go in the Wilderness and be totally safe now (without getting attacked by PKers), but usually if you go to a PVP World, then most players aren't gonna be carrying any good stuff, like armor and coins, since they know there's a high chance of being killed. But I like the Bounty Worlds, that's a cool idea :D

Anyways, if you wanna play with me my username is Pyre Guthix. Currently I'm only Combat Level 38, but that's 'cause I sold my old account :| Hit me up! :D

Years
    Lol, I did a bit of magic training. Now Magic Lv 20. I need better magic gear though. Despite the fact that I'm Atk/Str/Def lv 17/14/16, I am much better off fighting physical, due to having full Black. (minus a shield. Anyone want to give me a Black Sq or Kite?)

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    After one day, I'm at level 13, with most of my non-combat skills at 15-20, and I've got full black with a kite and scimmy. Making some pretty good progress.

You mean the wilderness (non-"urban" areas) are all gone, just like that? Really? Whoa...
    Well, the wilderness is still there, but it doesn't serve any real purpose anymore, since you can't kill each other there, like you used to be able to.

Years
    After one day, I'm at level 13, with most of my non-combat skills at 15-20, and I've got full black with a kite and scimmy. Making some pretty good progress.

Well, the wilderness is still there, but it doesn't serve any real purpose anymore, since you can't kill each other there, like you used to be able to.
    Where did you get the Black Shield? I've been looking for one for a while. You can only seem to buy them in member shops...

crazyarcherz if anyone wants to add me.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    Where did you get the Black Shield? I've been looking for one for a while. You can only seem to buy them in member shops...

crazyarcherz if anyone wants to add me.

I imagine someone would have one for sell at the Grand Exchange in Varrock.

I've got a day off, so I think i'm gonna be playing this often today. :D
    I think this time i'm gonna keep it natural and try to make all of my stuff. Like today I was planning on getting my Mining level up, completing Rune Mysteries, craft some runes, then training my Mage level.

Gotta get that High Alchemy!

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    I imagine someone would have one for sell at the Grand Exchange in Varrock.

I've got a day off, so I think i'm gonna be playing this often today. :D
    I think this time i'm gonna keep it natural and try to make all of my stuff. Like today I was planning on getting my Mining level up, completing Rune Mysteries, craft some runes, then training my Mage level.

Gotta get that High Alchemy!

For some reason I was training my mining skill yesterday, It's now at lvl 9, while my combat lvl's still 4XD
    A good place to mine is just south-west of Varrock, you can easily walk back to the exchange and sell everything you've mined:D

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    There's a spot just SW and SE of varrock... not sure which bank is closer, but there's no copper in the SW one.

And, yeah. I got all of my stuff from the GE.

Trish

He was dead the whole time!
    Years
    Played Runescape a few years back. I got hooked with the game, and I even had a membership for it. Used to spend my time playing Castle Wars or collecting flax for selling. :P

So much had changed. Now they have classes! Wow.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    SkyMeetSea says "Hello" from World 14 Mind Altar! :]

They added a flippin' Anvil in the Lumbridge Furnace House. So now you can basically go mine, use the home teleport spell, smelt, forge, bank/sell, rinse & repeat in less time.
    Awesome!

I also found out why everything drops a Staff of Air. In an attempt to help out the newbies, they made a new low-level wind spell that requires just two wind runes. With the use of the Wind Staff it eliminates the need for runes in order to use the spell, so it's an infinite use beginner mage training spell.

Enemies also drop a ranged weapon called a "Sling", which basically has infinite use through rocks. I've been using that thing all day, which is why I have 15 Ranged now. :P

Last edited:

Kenpokid

Hee-ho!
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    They added a flippin' Anvil in the Lumbridge Furnace House. So now you can basically go mine, use the home teleport spell, smelt, forge, bank/sell, rinse & repeat in less time.
    Awesome!

Actually, you can only cast Home Teleport once every half hour! Sorry to burst your bubble!
    I'm a bit of a veteran for RuneScape, and I appear to be higher level than anyone here, so add me if you have any questions! (Make sure to mention you're from PokeCommunity though :O)

X3

Back