• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Same pose?!?

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2024
    is it just me, or are some of the HGSS sprites just posed like their Gold or Silver counterpart Or at least only slightly edited). Here are some examples:

Same pose?!?
    Same pose?!?

Same pose?!?
    Same pose?!?

Same pose?!?
    Same pose?!?

got any more examples? discuss!

:3

3:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    I was thinking the same thing!
    I didn't like how the sprites looked like that. Bulbasaur's mouth looks weird, and Pikachu looks like it's hailing a taxi.

But now it's kinda cool, since it's a remake :p

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    Well, in FrLg a few of the sprites looked distinctly like RBY sprites, so it was probably done intentionally on some of them.

And haha I never liked Pikachu so I don't care that it's getting uglier =P

Universal

Musician
    Years
    If i remember correctly,how about mewtwo's sprite?lol...It looks a bit more colorful..

-still waiting to get heart gold-

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    is it just me, or are some of the HGSS sprites just posed like their Gold or Silver counterpart Or at least only slightly edited). Here are some examples:

Same pose?!?
    Same pose?!?

Same pose?!?
    Same pose?!?

Same pose?!?
    Same pose?!?

got any more examples? discuss!

That's generally the point =P

.Chocolate.

n_n no.
    Years
    Same pose?!?

Aw, fat pikachu.<3 I think the new sprite including D/P is terrible. Fat pika ftw.
    Also, I really don't see the whole "Remade sprite" thing on Pikachu. Obviously pikachu is skinnier, which is eh. Not so good. And yup, the mouth is bigger ever since D/PPt. I see the closely relationship on Bulbasaur's old and new sprite along with Squirtle's, but not on pikachu. But hey, remakes are remakes and that's what they're trying to do.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2024
    good views people, especially the ones that like fat pikachu. there should be a custom dp sprite that looks like the old pika did

Ayselipera

Some of the sprites are somewhat similiar, but that makes it more memorable.

Back