• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Saving Celebi [14+]

Nideous

The world refused to change...
    Years
    (OOC: :3 How touching.)

Cobalt

Cobalt watched as Ambrose did as he was told, for once. He was doing very well. Cobalt's nose detected the slight change in Ambrose's scent, and thankfully it wasn't the one that meant Cobalt would get hurt. But he stayed still and watched. Chi finally calmed down and ran to her father. The scene that played out next will be etched into his mind for years to come.

"I'm so sorry, Chi. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. It was an accident. Do you forgive me?" Ambrose said to the pup. The fox began licking Ambrose's bite wound. Ambrose pulled her away softly and faced her. Chi barked in joy.

"You don't have to say sorry to me," he said. "I'm the bad guy here." Ambrose chuckled a little before sniffling. Chi seemed to fall asleep and Ambrose just sat there hugging her. Cobalt looked down at the ground. His ears pricked up and he thought he heard someone screaming. He couldn't be sure. He got slowly to his feet and sniffed at the air. In the state his nose was in all he could detect was the immediate area. Everything else was too tainted by the fake flowers. He began to walk away in the direction of the cries for help. He wasn't sure what goos it would do, but he had to do something!

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    Ambrose popped his head out after a couple minutes. He forgot to apologize to Cobalt, even though he wasn't quite particularly all that caught up with what he apparently did.

"Oh, Cobalt, I just-" He started. Cobalt was gone from the cave, leaving Ambrose and sleeping pup alone. Ambrose looked around to make sure this wasn't a misconception.

....It wasn't. Bloody freaking dogs.

Ambrose returned to his usual disposition, sniffing away remaining tears. He picked up Chi on his back and shoved his beret in the trench coat's pocket, not wanting for wild pokemon to think he's a trainer lest they attack him unprovoked.

He set out into the tall grass, not being able to see five inches in front of himself.

Ambrose finally reached a clearing in the grass. He pushed through the remaining grass and fell to his knees. He had been walking quite a bit already, and the fox pup on his back made it all the more harder to remain energized.

Ambrose looked up and his eyes grew wide.

Linoone. Everywhere. Absolutely everywhere with their kits. Sleeping.

....Sigh. I should be expecting stuff like this by now.

(OOC: If you didn't know, fun fact time! Baby raccoons are called kits. :3)

Nideous

Years
    Cobalt

Cobalt wandered around until he caught Ame's scent on the wind. Where was it coming from? He sniffed around and found that she was in a deep hole. What the heck was she doing down there? She looked hurt... Cobalt began digging so that he could get her out.
    "Hang on Amethyst! I'll get you out!" Cobalt said. If his nose had been working right he would have smelled the danger that was approaching. The danger that had trapped Ame down there in the first place.

Lillia

Lillia walked around the human town. She stayed hidden. She really didn't want to get into another fight. She had to much to do to explore her curiousity about this place. She heard someone crying and changed her mind about that. She went to investigate. What she found was a young vulpix sitting in one spot looking around, and crying to herself. Lillia just had to do something.
    "Hey, are you ok?" she asked. the vulpix looked up and almost bolted. Lillia stayed right where she was. She didn't want to startle her.

"I'm fine! Go away! Delilah, where are you?!" the vulpix said sounding very flustered. Lillia frowned. Delilah? Who was that? And this vulpix clearly wasn't fine. She was terrified, and of the wrong person. Lillia was a nice pokemon.

"You don't seem fine. I'm Lillia, is there anything I could do to help?" Lillia said. The vulpix looked her over with fright, and a small glimmer of hope. She quickly looked away. Lillia pushed a little more.
    "I'm not going to hurt you... Look, I'm not moving from this spot, see? Why don't you tell me what's going on. I'll see what I can do then. Let's start with your name," Lillia said.

"Well... My name is Fluffy," Fluffy said. Fluffy? That was an odd name. Lillia figured that based on the strange name and the outright crying as opposed to doing something, this poor dear must have been raised by a human. She had heard from others in the village that pokemon that were raised by humans couldn't think for themselves. She vaguely wondered if it was true.

"It's nice to meet you Fluffy. Are you looking for someone? A second ago you mentioned someone named Delilah," Lillia said. She wondered what was really going on in this girl's head. Her face, when not screwed up by the crying, was like a blank slate. But upon hearing Delilah's name she perked her ears up.

"Delilah is my human. She... She was training me and a few others. Then she caught Alberstein, and everything changed. Alberstein wouldn't listen to her, and he hurt her and kidnapped all of us. The rest of them were very happy to be lost out here, but I just want to go home!" Fluffy said, whining more than a little. Lillia was heartbroken for her. She had to help her, and she didn't care what the cost was. She just had to help Fluffy! Whoever this Alberstein person was, Lillia had a few words for him when they met him. But, she couldn't just abandon her own quest.

"Hey, I'll help you find Delilah soon, ok? I promise. I can't syand to see people taken away from the ones they love. But I've got someone I'm looking for too. I'm looking for Groudon. Would you come with me? We might find Delilah on the way, and if we haven't be the time I meet Groudon, then I'll spend the rest of my life helping you look for your human if I have to. But I don't want to just leave you out here all by yourself. It's very dangerous out here. Will you come with me?" Lillia said. She got a blank stare and just waited for Fluffy to catch up.

"You... You'll help me find Delilah?" she said finally. Lillia nodded and Fluffy got up. Lillia walked over to her, and was glad when Fluffy didn't shy away. Lillia gave Fluffy a big hug, and the little vulpix just broke down completely at this. Poor thing was starved for affection. Lillia felt a little better as well. She was glad she would be able to help.

Blayze~

Looking for a Pair
    Years
    Amethyst looked up at Cobalt tears still falling before her eyes widened. Those Vigoroth's could come back. They said something about trapping Mightyena's she thought frantically trying to stand again yelping in pain. "C-Cobalt no! she cried. "You h-have to get out of here! Your in danger terrible danger!" her tone was full of pain and worry for her friend. "J-just leave me here Cobalt. T-The Vigototh that put this hole here said something about wanting to trap Mightyena. Y-Your not safe!"

Nideous

Years
    Cobalt

Cobalt heard her saying something about leaving her. No way that was going to happen. He wasn't going to lose his friend! He dug a hole next to the other hole that he could easily jump back up to. He leapt down and landed next to Ame.

"See! Nothing's happening! I'm not hurt!" he said reassuringly. He sniffed at her leg. It didn't look right. Gah, what was with him and broken legs today? Regardless, he gently picked her up and set her on his back.

"Hold on tight! I'm getting out of here!" Cobalt said. He leapt up the makeshift step and out of the hole. As he landed on the grass something rammed into him, causing him to yelp and get knocked into the air. He landed hard on his side and he struggled to his feet. A Vigoroth was standing there glaring at him. He growled back. He glanced around trying to find Amethyst. When he spotted her he stepped protectively in front of her.

Blayze~

Looking for a Pair
    Years
    "See! Nothing's happening! I'm not hurt!" Cobalt said getting down to her and sniffing her broken leg.

"C-Cobalt your still in danger what if they come back" she said still in pain as Cobalt picked her up setting her on his back.

"Hold on tight! I'm getting out of here!" He said getting out of the hole. Not long after a Vigoroth knocked Cobalt through the air. Amethyst screamed in pain landing on the ground losing consciousness.

"What's a Mightyena doing in our Territory. Haven't you learned to stay out!" The Vigoroth roared looking at Cobalt as he stood in front of an unconscious Roselia.

Nideous

Years
    Cobalt

Their territory? Oops. Cobalt's nose was so messed up he had completely missed the scent marker. He hadn't meant to intrude on anyone's territory. He looked at the Vigoroth. He wondered if he would let them go. Probably not. He seemed like he was out for blood. Stiil, he didn't want to fight. So he had to try.
    "Sorry. I'm not familiar with this area. I'll just take my friend and we'll get off your land now," Cobalt said. He reached around and put Ame on his back. She had fainted, and that wans't good! Cobalt could smell another Vigoroth lurking nearby. Or was it just this one? Could it be the scent marker he had missed? Gah! It was so frustrating that his nose didn't work right!

Blayze~

Looking for a Pair
    Years
    The Vigoroth looked at the Mightyena in front of him as it spoke picking up the Roselia "Sorry. I'm not familiar with this area. I'll just take my friend and we'll get off your land now,"

"Your not going anywhere" he growled looking at the Pokemon. "we're tired of you Mightyena wandering into our territory, it's bad enough countless other Pokemon do but you Mightyena's have been stealing our food. One of you even tried to steal one of our eggs." he growled eyes full of an obvious hatred for the Mightyena's. Getting out of this was either going to take a fight or convincing and the Vigoroth made that obvious.

Nideous

Years
    Cobalt

Cobalt bristled. His instincts were now telling him to fight this fool! He was an alpha, and he wasn't about to let this moron talk to him like that! He glanced at the Vigoroth and growled menacingly.

"So, you bleethering fool! You want to fight me for wanting to leave your territory?! You disagusting excuse for existance! What kind of moron fights someone that wants to leave!?" Cobalt said using the words Ambrose had shouted at him not too long ago. He still had no idea what they meant, but they sounded really mean. He drew himself up to his full height and glared at the Vigoroth as intimidatingly as he could.

"If you want to make a move, let's go. Otherwise, leave me alone! I'm not the one that stole any food from you. Nor was I the one that tried to steal your egg!" Cobalt said. He took a few steps back towards the way he had come, still glaring at the Vigoroth.

Blayze~

Looking for a Pair
    Years
    The Vigoroth looked at Cobalt having no idea what to say or do. Just from the growl and intimidating look he could tell this Mightyena was an Alpha and he also knew a fight wouldn't end well for him so he just stood there and watched him back up as the Roselia woke up.

"C-Cobalt w-what happened" She whispered weakly still on her friends back. Amethyst was still in a lot of pain and started whimpering a bit. "I s-shouldn't have gone off alone" she added feeling terrible and in a lot of pain. "D-Did you leave Ambrose and Chi b-behind to find me?"

Nideous

Years
    Cobalt

Cobalt said nothing to Amethyst until he was sure that the Vigoroth wasn't coming after them. He laughed lightly. That had been tense! But thankfully, he had gotten them both out of there before either of them got hurt even more than they already were. He walked all the way back to the shop. That kecleon was still knocked out. Cobalt didn't want to wake him up.

"Ambrose Flannigan got really mad at me and Chi. He threw her off of him and yelled really mean things at me. But, he calmed down and when I left he was right here hugging her. Where did he go?!" Cobalt said starting to panic when they were missing. He began sniffing around trying to pick up a scent. Curse that fake flower smell! He finally found the scent. It was fresh, but it was hard to track. He followed it anyway, going very slowly so he wouldn't lose it. His mind was absorbed in his task. He forgot Ame was even on his back as he followed the scent with determination.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    One of the Linoone got up and stretched himself out. Ambrose froze in his place, acting like as he was part of the scenery. However, the Linoone immediately spotted him and walked over. The creatures stood on its hind legs and scratched its ear.

"Hey, buddy, what time is it?' The Linoone asked.

"Uh.... About sunset." Ambrose answered slowly, trying to make sure of this monster.

"Great! You're just in time!"

Ambrose looked at the Linoone with confusion and interest. "Just in time for wha-?"

The Linoone clapped his hands together, faced the group, and shouted this loud, piercing noise that Ambrose had to hold his hands over his ears for. Chi was so tuckered out that she simply adjusted her head on Ambrose's shoulder in reaction and remained asleep.

All the Linoones and Zigzagoons woke up and started running around in excitement. Suddenly, these caravan-like structures that were bursting with light came out of seemingly nowhere. An entire city appeared right before Ambrose's eyes. The Spinda rubbed his eyelids. This is a hallucination. He looked back up.

....Nope!

The Linoone turned back to him. "Welcome to the festival, friends!"

Ambrose stood there for a second just staring at him, taking all the craziness in. When he was ready, he spoke. "Festival?" he asked.

"Why, the daily night festival! We travel around everywhere and host giant nighttime festivals for everyone in that area to enjoy!" The Linoone happily explained.

Ambrose's eyes grew wide with joy. This would be a perfect place to leave Chi! But then another thought crossed his mind about the issue of safety.

"What about the pokemon that try to harm you? Surely you understand there are territorial and opportunistic creatures that will attack you regardless if you're holding a festival."

"Oh, that's easy." The Linoone casually replied. "We kill them on the spot and eat their bodies at the ceremonial feast at the end of the festival right before dawn!"

And we find Chi still being stuck with me.

Ambrose tried with all his might to ignore that last statement to carry on with the conversation. "So anyway, did you wake up before and saw a Mightyena or Roselia run past here? I'm looking for my frien- teammates," Ambrose said, quickly correcting himself.

The Linoone shook his head. "Sorry, no, but I'm sure they'll hear us eventually, what with all the noise we're making!" Chortled the Linoone. "But I'll keep my eyes open, my ear perked, and my nose on duty!"

"T- Thanks," Ambrose awkwardly said, walking into the carnival of lights and creatures.

"Enjoy the festival!" The Linoone said from afar, beginning to walk in his own direction.

Nideous

Years
    Cobalt

Cobalt was startled by the loud noise that rang out in front of him. He began to hear music and found himself growwing excited. He had to check this out! Ambrose and Chi were probably there too. Began walking along bouncing to the music. He was soon greeted by a Linoone.

"Welcome to the festival, friends!" he said.
    "Festival!? You hear that Ame! This sounds like fun!" Cobalt said, his eyes flashing happily. The Linoone looked at the pair.
    "A Mightyena and a Roselia... You two wouldn't happen to be friends, err, teamates with a black and white spinda and a small fox, would you?" the Linoone said. Cobalt's ears perked up.

"Ambrose Flannigan is here!? And Chi too!? Where!?" Cobalt asked.
    "They went in to the festival! Enjoy yourselves!" the Linoone said as Cobalt walked past him, looking for his friends.

Blayze~

Looking for a Pair
    Years
    Amethyst looked at the Linoone that greeted them "Welcome to the festival, friends!" and she could tell Cobalt was excited.

"Festival!? You hear that Ame! This sounds like fun!" he said happily but Amethyst frowned This seems pretty suspicious she thought before hearing the Linoone speak again.

"A Mightyena and a Roselia... You two wouldn't happen to be friends, err, teamates with a black and white spinda and a small fox, would you?"

"Ambrose Flannigan is here!? And Chi too!? Where!?"

"They went in to the festival! Enjoy yourselves!"

Amethyst looked around and sighed "C-Cobalt. There's not much I can do with a broken leg. I can't walk on it, a-and something just feels. Suspicious about this. I have a bad feeling and I don't like it" She whispered at the same time looking for Ambrose and Chi.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    Ambrose walked around the festival, gazing at the bright lights and unadulterated excitement around him. Everything seemed pretty genuine. Too bad Chi was too tired; she would've loved this!

It was weird, though. It felt as if the caravans and festival were moving, but it was so subtle that if you were caught up in the activities, you wouldn't notice. You could barely notice it even if you were looking for it. Ambrose was stopped by a small Zigzagoon wearing goggles on his forehead.

"Hi!" It said excitedly.

"Uh, hi," Ambrose answered.

"What are you going to go to first?! I can't decide myself!" the Zigzagoon said, jumping up and down and chasing his tail, unable to contain his excitement.

"I don't know, I'm not sure what they have here." Ambrose said.

"You don't know what your choices are?! Then we have to pick the perfect one for you to go to first! But what would that be?! Hm!" The Zigzagoon was so full of energy that Ambrose felt tired just watching him, let alone talking. "Oh! I know!" The raccoon said again suddenly "We should go to Madame Cook, the Fortune teller! She'll predict the perfect activities for you to do at the festival before the ceremonial feast! Yum, food! I hope we get a Mightyena this time! I love the taste of those dogs!"

Idea. The Fortune teller can tell me where Cobalt and Amethyst are. And perhaps she can explain what's going on with my memory.... worth a shot.

"Thanks for the suggestion, Kiddo." Ambrose said. "Where is this Madame Cook?"

"She's in the darkest Caravan here! And hey, how did you guess my nickname?! Are you psychic, too?! Oh, wow!" The Zigzagoon was tirelessly keeping himself active, sniffing the ground, barking at things and clapping his hands together.

"Your name is actually Kiddo?" Ambrose asked, confused that this was the second time he's accidentally gotten a name right since he left.

"Well it's actually Echidna, but everyone calls me Kiddo!" The Zigzagoon said with his unrelenting joy making all of his words amplified with energy.

Ambrose looked at the kit oddly for a moment, but then returned to a calm tone. "I'm off to go see Madame Cook, then. Bye." And with that, Ambrose walked off looking for "The darkest caravan."

"Hey! Wait up! Hey!" The Zigzagoon said, racing up next to Ambrose. "We're going together because I can't decide what activity I like more! I'll just follow you!"

Oh blimey, whatever. I don't care at this point.

"Sure," Ambrose said begrudgingly.

"Awesome!" Kiddo excitedly said before spotting the fox on Ambrose's back. "Hey, what's that on your back?!" he said with his new found curiosity.

"That is my apparent daughter, Chi." Ambrose replied to the annoying kit.

"But she's a puppy! And you're a bear-thing! That doesn't make sense!"

"Heh." Ambrose said with a laugh. "Try telling that to her."

Nideous

Years
    Cobalt

"Oh, I totally forgot! Hang on, let me go find some stuff and I'll fix your leg right up! But this is a festival! How can anything bad happen here?" Cobalt said. He stopped looking around at all the colorful things and began to look for some stuff to use to make another splint. He sighed and ripped some of the fabric off the closest caravan. He then snapped some of the straight wood off of the wheel. He put Ame on the ground.

"I'm going to need some help with this because your leg is a lot smaller than Chi's is. Hold these pieces of wood like that while I wrap this cloth around the sticks," Cobalt said. He waited for her to comply and then wrapped the cloth around her leg with his paws. He used a very mild Fire Fang to melt the cloth together. Once that was done he stepped back.
    "Done! Try it out!" he said happily. He beamed at her, pleased with his handy work. She wouldn't be able to bend her leg, but she would be able to walk, though it would be a little odd looking. He looked around for Ambrose and Chi, wondering where they went.

Blayze~

Looking for a Pair
    Years
    "Oh, I totally forgot! Hang on, let me go find some stuff and I'll fix your leg right up! But this is a festival! How can anything bad happen here?" cobalt said before making a splint for her leg. "I'm going to need some help with this because your leg is a lot smaller than Chi's is. Hold these pieces of wood like that while I wrap this cloth around the sticks," he added and she complied watching as he made the splint. "Done! Try it out!" he said beaming at her.

Amethyst stood carefully and smiled. No pain. "Thanks Cobalt" she said giving her friend a hug before joining him in looking around for Ambrose and Chi. "I don't know why but I just have a really bad feeling about this place. I can't describe it I just do"

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    "There it is, there it is!" Kiddo said, Ambrose almost falling backwards from being startled. The kit ran over to a fairly spooky-looking caravan compared to the bright others around it.

Ambrose starting walking up to its front entrance. It was decorated with long strings of beads being used as a door leaving just enough space in between to see a tall figure popping out from what looked to be a table.

Kiddo was especially excited, until a smell hit him. Mightyena. He jumped up in the air a screamed with joy, causing Ambrose to look over, stopping on the stairs.

"I smell Mightyena! Yum! I wanna go see him get mauled. I love the smell of the fresh kill, it's so tasty!" Kiddo licked his lips and made this odd sucking noise, like he was savoring the air in his mouth. The Zigzagoon ran off in the direction of the smell while he said "Wait right there, don't start without me!"

Ambrose was taken quite aback by the disturbing rhythm of that entire speech. Well, the Linoone Family is called the friendlier version of the Mightyena Family. Maybe the trade off is a twisted mind. Hm.

----

There it was! The delicious Mightyena. Kiddo bolted right in front of it, barking so much that his goggles fell onto his face.

"Come, attack me! Attack me! I want first bite!" He said right before he started growling playfully.

(OOC: Feel free to bunny Kiddo, just make sure you two don't ninja each other. :3)

Nideous

Years
    (OOC: Kiddo is very um... Funny... Blayze, do you want to bunny him or should I?)

Cobalt

Cobalt was starting to see what she was talking about. The flowery smell was starting to fade, and he smelled some very odd things. He didn't even know what they were. But one thing he did recognize was the scent of Ambrose and Chi. They were still together. And they were near.

"I smell Ambrose and Chi! Let's go find them now!" Cobalt said happily. He was eager to see his friends again. He got to his feet and was greeted by a hyper Zigzagoon.

"Come, attack me! Attack me! I want the first bite!" he said, hopping around playfully. Cobalt froze. This pokemon wanted to eat him?! But... Cobalt didn't want to get eaten! His mind flashed back to when Ambrose bit him and he whimpered and leapt behind Ame.
    "I don't wanna be eaten!" Cobalt shouted as he hid behind Amethyst, looking nervously at the zigzagoon.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    Kiddo smiled sinisterly at the mutt.

"I like feisty ones! Makes better meals!" he said in an intimidating tone. Kiddo rushed behind the Roselia and gave chase to the big dog. From a third party perspective, this tiny raccoon chasing this large hound was hilarious.

"Come on! I only want a little bit! No, scratch that, I want a big bit!" Kiddo said as he lunged forward to bite, missing Cobalt's leg by mere centimeters.

----

Ambrose walked after the kit, wondering if this Mightyena he smelled was-

"Cobalt!" Ambrose said in surprise. The big dog was being chased around a Roselia, presumably Amethyst, by Kiddo himself. Seeing as Cobalt was frightened, Ambrose had to do something to calm the situation.

He walked over and grabbed the raccoon by the back of its throat.

"Hey!" The Zigzagoon said, looking up. His eyes returned to joy when he saw it was Ambrose, regardless the dirty look the Panda was giving him. "Bear-Guy! Come on! Let's get this mutt! I'm hungry!"

"What do you think you're doing, Kiddo?!" Ambrose interrogated.

"I'm chasing down this piece of food! He deserves it! I deserve meat! Food, food, f-!"

Ambrose's heart was pulled a string when he heard "he deserves it," remembering the scars on Cobalt's paw. The big dog is dumb, but he doesn't deserve senseless physical punishment.... I could've have given those scars to him, right? Well If I did, maybe taking care of this twerp is a good apology.

"Look, Kiddo, this Mightyena is my friend I don't particularly appreciate you trying to devour him," Ambrose said, holding back the urge to yell at the thing about how much of a twisted wackjob he is.

"Aw, but he looks so savory!" The raccoon complained.

What is wrong with this kit?!

"Look here, you cretin. You lay a finger on the dog, I'll gut you," He whispered to the Zigzagoon. Ambrose didn't actually mean it (let he have another stupid situation on his hands,) but it hopefully it would work.

The raccoon sniffed the air. He looked angrily at the Spinda. "You're fibbing! Get out of my way!" The kit wriggled, trying to get out of Ambrose's grasp.

Chi woke up after sliding off Ambrose because of all of the motion. She dizzily looked around, finding Cobalt. She strolled over to him and barked happily, wagging her tail, but it was still obvious she was still sleepy.

Kiddo saw the other puppy. He flailed even more.

"Another one! Another one! Gimme Gimme!" he said frantically.

Ambrose looked over and saw Chi. Crap, what do I do?!

(OOC: You can bunny Kiddo for what happens next. Let's make him a fully bunny-able to all character. :3)

Back