• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Saving Celebi [14+]

Nideous

The world refused to change...
    Years
    (OOC: I feel sorry for Amethyst. She surrounded by nutjobs. She's the only one that isn't completely insane.)

Cobalt ran around Ame, dodging the zigzagoons bites and lunges. He spotted Ambrose Flannigan. He leapt away from the zigzagoon and Ambrose ran over and grabbed him. The two of them exchanged words and Cobalt had a question, even though he was scared.

"What's a cretin?" Cobalt asked nervously. Chi woke up and walked over towards him, barking a greeting. Cobalt turned to her and gave a gretting of his own. A happy bark and a wagging tail of his own. The zigzagoon spotted Chi as well and went berserk. He struggled out of Ambrose's grasp and charged at the two dark types. Cobalt jumped in front of Chi and was rewarded with a rather painful bite on his leg, just above the bite Ambrose gave him. Codalt yipped as quietly as he could and danced around in pain. Kiddo bounded away.

"Yummy! So tasty! I want some more!" Kiddo said as he licked his lips. Cobalt whimpered softly. His leg hurt again. He wasn't going to move though. He wasn't sure what to do next.
    "That hurt," he said quietly. Why was this happening? What had he done?

Blayze~

Looking for a Pair
    Years
    Amethyst stepped awkwardly because of the splint on her leg as she watched Cobalt get chased. But before she could say anything Ambrose appeared and grabbed the Zigzagoon. All she heard him say though was "Look, Kiddo, this Mightyena is my friend I don't particularly appreciate you trying to devour him," which caused a small smile to appear on her face. That smile fell mere seconds later when the Zigzagoon got free and bit Cobalt before bounding away.

"Hey!" She yelled angrily stepping in front of Cobalt "Leave my friend alone!!!" She yelled eyes closed shooting Vine Whip at Kiddo smacking him away and trapping him in the vines. "Cobalt you okay?" she asked not letting Kiddo free. "I t-told you I had a bad feeling about this place" she added struggling to keep the vines around Kiddo still weak from her broken leg.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    Ambrose had to do something! Ambrose starting running towards the two, just as the Zigzagoon saw the pup again. Chi looked at the kit and leaned back a bit. She didn't like the smell it was giving off.

"Do you taste better?!" Kiddo said, beginning to pounce.

Ambrose barely had time to react as a Vine Whip smacked the kit away from Chi mid-air. So much for a calm resolution.

Kiddo bit on the Vine Whip, making Amethyst let go, and then rubbed his belly. "Ow!" he exclaimed.

Ambrose's eyes flashed a golden yellow. "And I'll eat you if you try to battle us!"

Before Ambrose knew it, the raccoon ran off in the Zigzagoon's natural zigzag pattern crying for his mother. Ambrose's eyes were back to a purple and he had a bit of a headache. He just knew he said something to the kit just moments before, but he couldn't remember what it was.

Ambrose sighed and grabbed Chi into his arms, walking off to the fortune teller's caravan. Something was up with him and he just knew it. Chi fell back asleep, not knowing exactly what just happened.

"Come on, guys. Before another moron tries to eat you," Ambrose said as he walked. "You okay on that paw, Cobalt?"

Last edited:

Nideous

Years
    Cobalt

Cobalt froze as that scent came from Ambrose again. Thankfully, he wasn't mad at Cobalt. This time he turned to Kiddo, who ran off yelping in terror. Cobalt also got a little scared. But Ambrose's scent returned to normal when the zigzagoon ran away.

"C'mon on guys, before another moron tries to eat you. You ok on that paw Cobalt?" Ambrose said. Cobalt limped a little before straghtening up. His paw was hurt a lot. But he was ok. He followed along behind Ambrose, unsure of his friend even now.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    The trio of them all approached the dark caravan. The all stopped at the steps and looked up.

"Uh," Ambrose said. "I guess I'll go first."

Ambrose walked up the stairs and pushed through the beads hesitantly. There was this old Linoone woman standing there with her eyes shut, arms put together on a table covered with a tacky and dusty purple table cloth.

Before Ambrose could speak, the Linoone woman did. "Yes, I'm Madame Cook. Have your friends come and sit down with you."

Ambrose stuck his head and arm outside and motioned them all to come in. After a minute of getting settled, Madame Cook spoke loudly, startling Ambrose half to death.

"Ambrose Flannigan," she began by saying "You came to me because you've been having gaps in you memory, hm?"

"Slow down there, Madame," Ambrose said, regaining from astonishment that she knew all of this off the bat. "How do you-?"

"But Cobalt," Madame Cook said, looking at the mentioned mutt. "There's something else that's weird about Ambrose, isn't there? Tell me, child."

Nideous

Years
    Cobalt

Cobalt whimpered when she turned to him. Something was different about her. He could smell it. He was shaking a little, but he looked at her calmly.
    "Erm... When Ambrose Flannigan gets really mad. I mean so mad it's scary... Like when he bit me earlier... He gets a different scent around him. I've never smelled anything like it before! But... Then, when it goes away, he acts like nothing happened. He pretended he hadn't bitten my paw, even after he saw the cuts his teeth left!" Cobalt said urgently, glancing at Amnbrose Flannigan, hoping he wouldn't get mad again. He didn't know what to make of this. He was creeped out by the whole situation.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    "What do you mean I pretended?!" Ambrose said, infuriated by the false accusation.

"Shh." Madame Cook said to him. She put her head on her paws and closed her eyes. She calmed herself and appeared to be in thought. At least two minutes passed before she spoke again. "Ambrose tells the truth. The violent actions he took were not of his own doing. But rather that of a spirit channeling itself through him."

"Really? A spirit?" Ambrose with slight skepticism in his voice.

"It would do you well not to doubt me, Mr. Flannigan."

"So you're saying there is a sprit attached to me?"

"No. On the contrary, it's attached to her." Madame Cook said dramatically, pointing at Chi.

"You're kidding."

"The spirit wishes for Chi's safety. It channels anger and itself through you to protect her."

"Let's just go along with it since it makes about as much sense as anything else around here, so,is there any way to stop this spirit before it gets out of hand?"

Madame Cook paused and thought. "Well, I could make the sprit dormant" She turned to Cobalt for a moment "Make it go to sleep forever," she said for the dog to understand, "by charming an item of the Zorua's...."

"Done." Ambrose put Chi up on the table, the little pup still asleep.

"But Mr. Flannigan, there's more. The spirit also affects you positively. Did you notice that you-?"

"Don't care. I don't want to end up hurting someone because some lunatic spirit saw it fit."

"Mr. Flannigan! I beg you to just-"

"Look at the bite marks on Cobalt! You think I enjoy knowing that was caused by me?"

"Right there. The compassion you have-"

"Just do it, Lady." Ambrose demanded.

Madame Cook sighed. "Fine. I'll charm this splint. As long as it remains on Chi, the spirit will remain asleep. But regardless, the dreams won't-" She saw that Ambrose wasn't paying attention to her. She sighed again and repeated magical words as she touched the splint. After she released it, she looks up at Ambrose in annoyance. "There, it is done. You are now as you were before you found the egg. Now leave me be."

"You want no payment?" Ambrose asked.

"No. Go away."

"Fine, be that way." Ambrose said, walking out of the caravan.

Then he saw Kiddo facing him right at the bottom of the stairs, circled by several Linoones and Zigzagoons. Ambrose looked at them with exhaust. Really?

Blayze~

Looking for a Pair
    Years
    Amethyst sighed watching what was going on but finding it best no to respond. But as they where starting to leave she turned to Ambrose. "If you still are going to leave her, We could take her to my old clan. I'm sure they'd treat her a lot better than they treated me" she said quietly before looking at the bottom of the stairs. "C-Cover your ears you three I think I might be able to do something but I don't want it affecting you." she added hoping this would work. Last time she used Grass whistle it put herself to sleep too.

Nideous

Years
    Cobalt

Cobalt shrank back when Ambrose yelled at him. So far as he could tell Ambrose really had pretended to not know. How was he supposed to know the difference. He didn't really understand the whole discussion about spirits. It was just over his head. But he was calming down and kind of wanted to get back out to the festival! He could still hear it going on! She put her hands on the splint, said some weird sounding words, and then taook them off. Cobalt sniffed the splint curiously to see if she had damaged it. He really didn't want to have to make another one. Satisfied, he returned his attention to Ambrose and the Linoone woman talking about payment. What did Ambrose want to pay her for anyway? She hadn't done anything!

"Can we go back out there? I want to go check the festival out!" Cobalt asked insistantly. He was please when Ambrose turned to leave. Finally! Cobalt had never been more bored in his life! He froze and growled a little when he saw that the group was surrounded by zigzagoon and linoone. At the front was the one that wanted to eat him earlier. Cobalt took a step back, eyeing them all fearfully. Did they want to eat him too? Cobalt was too scared to listen when Ame said to cover his ears.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
    Years
    My Solarbeam was about to hit the big rocky monster when all of a sudden it fired the beam right back at me. Oh, crap. This isn't gonna end well. Both beams collided and there was a huge explosion that blinded me. I felt the ground was shaking again and then I don't remember much of what happened next.

When I woke up, I saw the big golem lying on the ground, with only...one arm. I looked up and could easily tell that we were in a lower floor. That's right. I fell through a hole once more. It seemed like my adventure was packed with falls. But that's not the important part. I grabbed my arm as I got up, and I felt awful. This time, there was no sand below me so I was hurt pretty bad from my fall. "G-gah..." I said as I walked over to the big monster. "Hey, Rocko! Finally decided to change your mind and help me out?" I yelled at the seemingly motionless monster. Then I heard another loud roar, and next thing I know the big guy was getting up again. He still had an arm missing, and by the tone of his voice I could tell he was upset.

"You're not gonna help me at all, I see..." I said, in a calm voice tone, as I aimed at the big monster that lacked an arm. As he roared again, I fired a powerful-looking Hydro Pump at his legs, destroying one of them and making him fall again and lose a part of his other arm. I was exhausted, and this guy was lacking a leg and almost both arms. And he still didn't seem to want to give up. "Come on!" I said, "Is that all you got, Rocko?"

My lilypad started to glow again as some of the sun's rays reached it. As it glowed brighter and brighter, Regirock got back on his other feet, and I could feel something weird was about to happen. One of the weirdest things I have ever seen in my life.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    Amethyst said something about covering his ears. Ambrose turned to her.

"Oh, right Planty. You think you can do something? Please, step aside." Ambrose pushed Amethyst out of his way and walked down the stairs. He faced Kiddo, who looked at him with a wicked smile.

"Not so eager to spoil my dinner now, eh?" The Zigzagoon mocked.

"Oh shut it, you doltish creep." Ambrose demanded, not having any patience for the kit. Kiddo was angered by the comment and pounced. Ambrose punched him right before he made contact, sending the raccoon to the ground in pain. Kiddo got back up and stumbled a bit, still ready for battle.

"You want more, moron?" Ambrose asked, laughing a bit. The crowd around them started to cheer for a fight. Kiddo yelled in Ambrose's direction, letting loose a beam of circles. They latched onto Ambrose and disappeared.

Ambrose paused for a second. What was that attack? Kiddo started wagging his tail in an unthreatening manner. When Ambrose lowered his defenses a bit, his said defenses lowered extraordinarily. Simple Beam! Crap! I got to work with this.

"Confused, Bear-Guy?!" Kiddo said as he rushed towards Ambrose, smacking him hard with full body power. Ambrose fell to the ground. It hurt a lot more then is should've.

Ambrose jumped up and smacked the little Zigzagoon on his head with a Sucker Punch, which was doubled in power thanks to the kit's previous attack. Kiddo absolutely screamed in pain. When Ambrose jumped back from the attack, Kiddo slowly got back up, exhausted, as he should be. The little guy was maybe one or two years younger than Cobalt. But Ambrose didn't care. He went up to the kit and punched him again, sending him flying onto his back.

"Not so eager to get dinner now, eh?" He mimicked as he then kicked the Zigzagoon with full force. This wasn't enough, though. This guy would've eaten Ambrose if he lost. Ambrose thought about possible options, looking around at the surprised faces of Linoones and Zigzagoons around him. Now that Ambrose actually cared, Kiddo was different then the rest. He was orange where he should've been brown.

Ambrose's eyes widened. These were what you call "shiny" Pokemon. Humans would kill each other over who got to catch these guys. An idea caught in Ambrose's head. Ambrose picked up his master ball.

"How does a prison sound, Kiddo? Sound like a fair trade off for your chance to eat me?' Ambrose said, prepared to throw.

No. No, remember Delilah. That's too cruel. Let's try not to overkill it, Ambrose.

Ambrose lowered the ball and surrendered to his conscience. It was right, and it's not like he wanted to keep this stupid and crazed little mother-

Ambrose's ball slipped from his hands and it hit the Zigzagoon. Ambrose gasped as it absorbed the little kit in a beautiful blaze of red light.

It didn't even shake. It immediately pinged, signaling capture. Ambrose picked up the ball and looked back at the crowd.

"You- you just trapped him." Said a voice from the crowd.

"No, no, no, no I didn't do it on purpose- my hand just slipped." Ambrose said as he backed away.

"But you threatened him capture right before you did it!" said the voice.

"I changed my mind and my hand slipped, I swear this." Ambrose, arms crossed.

"Liar!"

"Who said that?!" Ambrose interrogated.

Silence took over, creating a tense moment.

"Get 'em!" Said another voice. The crowd rushed in, creating a sea of the creatures.

"Cobalt, get Chi! Amethyst, use your attack!" Ambrose said as he slipped the master ball in his pocket and clasped his ears.

(OOC: Noticed how Ambrose was slowly losing his prtick attitude and calling Cobalt by name? Yeah, now with the spirit gone, so much for that. Now back to the original pure unadulterated bastard! How do the other three react to this change, hm?)

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
    Years
    My eyes widened as I saw what I'm about to tell you. Some rocks were moving towards the big rocky monster. Said rocks formed an arm which was attacked to Regirock. Then another bunch of rocks moved and regenerated his other arm. Oh, come on.

I shook my head as I kept absorbing sunlight and watched as another bunch of rocks was moving towards him with the intention of fully repairing him. I didn't care if my Solarbeam was fully charged, I had to fire it before it was too late. And by that I mean "before he got his leg back and wiped the floor with me". I didn't want to die in the hands of a pissed giant golem.

I blasted the bright beam directly at the dots that formed some sort of H in what I thought was his head. With one leg under construction, he was unable to dodge it and fell backwards breaking his left hand. I gasped, and looked at the rocky monster as it used rocks nearby to regenerate completely.

"Is...is that all...you got?" the rocky monster said, sounding pretty tired, "I...I am going to...pulverize...you!" After those words, the golem roared but fell on his knees. "AGH!" it screamed after falling.

"What's the matter, Rocko?" I said, clutching my arm, which still hurt. "Weren't you gonna pulverize me?"

"I...I hate to admit it...but you win..." the monster said, "Take it...take my power...take it all..."

"I don't need all of it. Just a little piece of it that will help Celebi restore her powers..." I said calmly as usual.

"Celebi? You're helping Celebi?" the big thing said, and I nodded. "Why didn't you say so before? We wouldn't have had to fight like we have!"

I could have told you, but you wouldn't listen and attacked me first! I said to myself.

Then the room became insanely bright for a few seconds. "There. I gave you some of my powers to help Celebi. I will now resume my sleep. Farewell..." it said and fell through another hole that was immediately covered with another big stone. "Wow...That's an odd way of going to sleep..." I whispered and then looked around. I could see some pillars and statues and rocks that would lead me to the upper floor. With some difficulty I climbed them up and reached that floor, the floor in which I had met that Regirock guy first. But there was nothing I could climb up this time. I took out the odd bottle from my pockets. It was shattered and had no fluid left. I angrily threw it away. Great. Now how am I supposed to get out of here?

Nideous

Years
    Cobalt

Cobalt couldn't move. He was too scared. Ambrose had just done the unthinkable. He had caught Kiddo in that hated Master Ball. Now what was he going to do? He wanted to run as hard and as fast as he could. He wanted to grab Chi and Ame and just take them far away. But Chi would go nuts if he took her away from her father and Ame wouldn't be too impressed either. Cobalt just stood there frozen as Ambrose yelled at him. He didn't even hear what the spinda was saying anymore. The other pokemon that were in the pack charged them.

Blayze~

Looking for a Pair
    Years
    Amethyst struggled a bit to get up after Ambrose shoved her but once she did she gasped when he captured Kiddo. "Cobalt, get Chi! Amethyst, use your attack!" he said clasping his paws over his ears while Cobalt didn't seem to hear.

Ame turned to Cobalt and spoke in a calm tone "Cobalt you need to cover your and Chi's ears. I already know my attack will affect me but if it affects you we'll never get out of here." she said looking him in the eyes so she knew he would hear her. "I'm not using my attack until both your ears are covered like Ambrose's."

Nideous

Years
    Cobalt

Cobalt unfroze when Ame began speaking. Her calmness made him relax a little. He lay down next to Chi and put one paw over her ears, and placed his head on the ground next to her and placed a paw over his own ears as well. He looked scaredly up at Ame, wondering what she was going to do.
    "R-ready!" Cobalt said.

Lillia

Lillia stood there holding Fluffy as she cried her eyes out. Poor thing. She was so lost and she didn't know what to do. Finally, Fluffy calmed down. She sat back and looked at Lillia with that odd blankness again.
    "Feeling a little better?" Lillia asked trying to get the tears out of her coat. Fluffy nodded.
    "Then let's go. I'm sure we'll find Delilah. Until then, I won't ever leave you. I promise!" Lillia said. Fluffy simply got up and began following her. It was very sureal. This pup was just... empty! All she seemed to have was fear! No joy, no fun. Lillia had to help her learn to live! But, she had to know a little more about the poor vulpix.

"So... Tell me a little about yourself. Where are you from?" Lillia said.
    "I don't know," Fluffy said quietly.
    "How old are you?" Lillia asked.
    "I can't remember," Fluffy replied.
    "Where do you live now?" Lillia asked.
    "In my pokeball?" Fluffy said as though she was unsure herself. Lillia wanted to scream! What was with this girl! It was like she had no memories of being wild! She resumed trying to get information from the fox as the two of them walked north, the wrong way to find Delilah, who was still in Fortree.

Blayze~

Looking for a Pair
    Years
    Amethyst watched as Cobalt covered his and Chi's ears before turning back to the sea of Zigzagoon and Linoone. "I hope this works" she muttered arms crossed.

"R-ready!" Cobalt said after a minute and Amethyst chose then to act. Out of nowhere a flute like Melody went through the air around them as Amethyst used Grass Whistle. A few of the younger and weaker Pokemon dropped right away asleep but the older Pokemon swayed a bit before a few started to drop. Feeling tired herself Amethyst swayed a little bit getting affected by her own attack but also from how weak she had been feeling. Not even able to see if the last of the Pokemon fell asleep the attack stopped and she dropped to the ground in a mix of sleep and unconsciousness.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    Ambrose saw all the creatures around him drop to sleep. A few moments after the last one dropped, Ambrose let go of his ears.

Silence.

He looked back to see Amethyst unconcious and Cobalt unaware the attack ended.

"Hey, Dog! Get a move on it!" he shouted before he ran to the wilderness on his left. Ambrose kept going straight ahead, only to stop at a tall, metal fence that came out of seemingly nowhere.

Crap.

(OOC: Wow, this post is skinny.)

Nideous

Years
    Cobalt

Cobalt opened his eyes and saw Ambrose sprinting off into the trees. He picked up the sleeping Chi (Because you never said she woke up.) and Amethyst and followed him. He was stuck at a metal fence. Cobalt sniffed it. He would efinately be able to chew through this. It would be quick wotk with his Fire Fang. He got to work, chewing a small hole in the fence.

"I got it! But the metal tastes bad! I hate the taste of metal!" Cobalt said when he finally opened up a small hole for them to get through. He took a step back.
    "Would you go first? Then I can give Chi and Ame to you and follow through myself," Cobalt said. He sniffed the air. Those linoone would be waking up soon enough. They needed to get through the fence and out of here!

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    (OOC: Ame was passed out, silly.)

"Oh, suck it up, Poochy." Ambrose said with venom in his voice as he crawled through the hole and to the other side, not even listening to the plan suggestion the dog was saying.

Ambrose stood up after landing on the ground awkwardly and reached through the hole, grabbing Chi from Cobalt then setting her on the ground. Supringly, she was still asleep.

"Hey Mutt, did you get Amethyst before you left? She fainted from her own attack." Ambrose said, stopping the need to criticize her. After all, his Uproar attack did kind of the same thing.

Nideous

Years
    (OOC: If you look at my post it would tell you that Cobalt did indeed grab Ame. Isn't Cobalt handy to have around :))

Cobalt carefully took Ame off his back and put her in the hole in the fence. He placed her gently on the ground.
    "Here I come," Cobalt said. He shoved his head through the hole. Oops. He had made it a bit too small. He would have trouble squeezing through. He managed it, yipping when some of his fur was yanked out. He didn't care and pushed all the way through. There were tears in his eyes. Losing fur on your back was really painful. He ignored it and turned around and bent the fence so it would be harder to get through. He then turned and picked up Ame, Chi, and Ambrose and set them on his back and took off at a run. He only stopped running when he couldn't smell the festival anymore.

"That was close, Ambrose Flannigan! Now what should we do?" Cobalt said. He was slowly returning to his normal, hyperactive self as he walked along at a gentle pace. He let out a great yawn. He was tired after the days events. He just wanted to curl up and sleep now. He glanced at the spinda on his back.

Back