• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Saving Celebi [14+]

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    It's better in my hands than just leaving it here. What if a human strolls by? They'd use it. What if an unsuspecting creature came by? Trapped forever. I guess I'm just going to have to hang on to it for the safety of all. It makes me shiver to think that Kecleon bastard once had this.

Ambrose found no reason why he shouldn't keep this ball. Chi barked again, interrupting his thoughts. He looked down at his pup. She was tense, looking at him curiously and wagging her tail occasionally. She wanted that ball.

Ambrose shook his head. "Nope, sorry kiddo. You're not playing with something that dangerous."

Chi found the refusal in his tone. She sat down and looked very angrily at him. She started growling viciously, which due to her size and voice tone sounded adorable. But Ambrose got the message across. Chi was used to having what she wanted by intimidation and force, haven gotten past the day doing so.

"Hey!" He said assertively. Chi leaned back in surprise and fear. "Don't you use that tone with me, missy!"

Chi huddled herself into a ball while her whimpers and eyes pleaded for forgiveness. She had quickly learned her lesson that being nasty wasn't going to get her anywhere, especially with her father. Even though Ambrose saw this, he felt the need to enforce the idea. So he flicked her on the nose. She immediately started crying hysterically.

Ambrose rolled his eyes and picked her up on his back. He sighed when Chi wouldn't stop. "Look, Chi, it's not that I don't appreciate the fiery and feisty parts of your personality, it's just that I'm not going to tolerate misbehavior. Okay?" Ambrose whispered to her "Calm yourself and don't be stupid."

Chi immediately calmed and became her cheery self. Ambrose looked at her curiously. She couldn't have integrated the lesson into her instincts that fast, could she? I mean, she's learning quickly, but discipline takes time. Especially for someone who doesn't understand words.

Ambrose turned to Cobalt. "Find anything good, Mutt?'

Nideous

The world refused to change...
    Years
    Cobalt

Cobalt glanced at Ambrose when he had flicked Chi and made her cry. He didn't say anything. After all, in his old pack when he had tried stuff like that, he got more than just a flick on the nose. He nosed through a pile of the junk and yelped when it fell on top of him. He scrambled out of the trash with something around his neck.

"Ah! It's trying to eat me! Oh... Wait a minute. Oops," he said. He pulled the strap off of him and looked closely at it. It was some kind of metal thing, with liquid inside it. It was pretty heavy. What the heck was in there?

"Ambrose Flannigan! What's this?" he said bringing the thing over to Ambrose. The metal thing with the liquid was covered by a soft cover, which had the strap that had been tangled around his neck.

Lillia

Lillia walked toward the city after she had eaten her fill of the berries. They had been good. They tasted ripe. She walked into the place and found it swarming with activity. She walked inside and was soon faced by the first human she'd ever seen.

"Wow! That Zigzagoon looks really cool! I wonder how tough it is?" the boy said. He pulled out a machine and looked at it. He grinned in delight.
    "Alright! You're really tough! I'm gonna catch you!" he said.

"I'm Lillia! It's nice to meet you. But, I don't think you should catch me now. I have an important mis-" Lillia said but was interupted by the boy sending out a Tailow. Really? He wasn't even gonna let her finish talking?
    "Wingman! Use Gust!" the boy said.
    "I have no time for silly games now!" Lillia said angrily. She leapt back as Wingman blasted a very large burst of wind at her. She glared at him as he soared in the air above her.

"Sorry, just doin ma job!" Wingman said apologetically. Well, that changed everything. Now she couldn't possibly beat him without feeling bad! Well, she had an idea. She opened up her mouth and blasted several small green seeds at Wingman, who couldn't dodge them. They blew up in a rather large explosion. He dipped a little and was soon back into the air. But Lillia had already run. She ran back away from the town. She was going to skirt the edge to avoid any more trouble like that! It would take her longer, and she had really wanted to see a human town, but it was to keep her safe!

(OOC: I award you a cookie if you can figure out what Cobalt found from the vague description I gave.)

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    Ambrose was slightly taken aback when Cobalt started yelping for help as the pile of stuff fell onto the said mutt. Cobalt came out unscathed, thankfully. Like we would need another problem like Cobalt wounding himself.

"Ambrose Flannigan! What's this?" The dog said as he approached the Spinda, something laced around his neck. Ambrose picked it up with his hands and examined it.

"It's a 'canteen,'" Ambrose said, making sure the dog understood every word and pronunciation, lest he have to repeat things. "It holds drinking water. Good find." Ambrose let go of the Canteen and straightened out the strap on Cobalt's neck.

Ambrose walked back to the rest of his clothing to try on, Chi jumping off his back.

Chi hopped off her father's back and stared at the giant dog that stood before her. Chi looked towards the ground and walked to Cobalt's leg, the exact one that she bit earlier. She began licking it, in attempt to soothe any wound she may have caused and to apologize.

She then lay down completely on her belly, spreading all four legs in different directions to recreate the submissive position Cobalt showed her earlier.

Nideous

Years
    Cobalt

Ambrose Flannigan explained what he had on his neck. A canteen? That sounded cool! He tensed up when Ambrose approached him and straightened up the strap. He didn't relax until the spinda had walked away.
    "A-a canteen huh? That sounds pretty cool. But why would we need it? There's plenty of water around here," Cobalt said with a slight frown. He spotted Chi walking over to him and she began to lick his leg. He had forgotten she had bit him, what with the moe serious bite Ambrose Flannigan gave him. He prodded her gently with his nose and lay down on his stomach, but kept his head up as he looked around. He wanted to show that they were both just members of the pact, no greater or lesser than the other. He licked her face gently and returned his attention to what Ambrose was doing.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    Chi got up and started jumping around in her usual play stance. She barked joyfully, and then grabbed a hold of Cobalt's paw and started to tug it. But she soon found that she was extraordinarily tired, instantly dropping the paw and shutting her eyes. She slumped down on the ground, resuming the position she was previously in. Chi snapped faster into sleep before Cobalt probably could even process what was going on.

----

Ambrose placed on the beret and the gloves. All the articles of clothing all fit perfectly, for some odd reason. He snuggled the device he grabbed earlier near the collar on the coat.

"Let's see if this works," he said.

"Let's see if this works," The device replied in a slightly digital voice.

Ambrose clicked the device off.

"Ha!' He said joyfully. "Perfect!" Ambrose turned back to Cobalt and Chi. "Time to head out, guys!"

Ambrose turned to find Amethyst had, once again, disappeared from the group.

"Where's Amethyst? What is up with that girl?!" Ambrose sighed "Okay, I guess we have to find her." He said as he signaled the two.

Another thing to go gloriously wrong today.

Nideous

Years
    Cobalt

Cobalt laughed a bit and began tugging his paw back gently as Chi played. Then suddenly she flew asleep. Poor pup had been having a rough day. No wonder she would be so tired. Cobalt found himself yawning too. He got up and walked around. A scent had caught in his nose, and he was determined to find the source! He heard Ambrose say something about Ame.

"She's gone? Give me a second, and as soon as I find whatever this is I'll sniff her out! But let Chi rest. Pups need to sleep a lot after using that much energy. It's been a long day for her. I'll carry her if for you," Cobalt said absently. Whatever he was smelling was coming from the pile in front of him. It was an odd scent, all flowery, but not really. Kind of different. Not a real flower. He had to find it! His nose touched something glass and a bottle sort of like the ones the humans used for potions flew down and shattered. Suddenly the scent was overpowering, burning in his nose. He yipped in pain and shock and leapt back, dropping to the ground and trying to paw the stuff out of his nose.
    "Ah! It burns!" he said bordering on hysteria. His nose! It felt like it was on fire! He sat there and whined pawwing at the top of his nose, because he couldn't get a paw where it really hurt!

(OOC: Those perfume bottles are out to get Cobalt!)

Blayze~

Looking for a Pair
    Years
    Amethyst smiled a bit watching Ambrose and Chi before a sound caught her attention. She was unsure of what it was but decided to go look since both Ambrose and Cobalt were busy looking at other stuff. Walking away from the carpet in the field she followed the noise as it grew louder sounding like nothing she had ever heard before. What could that be? she thought before letting out a cry as the ground gave out from under her and she fell into a hole that had been there. "Just great" she muttered trying to stand but falling back down again as pain flared up in her left leg. "I-it hurts" she whimpered to herself tears building up from the pain as two faces looked down at her.

"Hey Shade looks like we caught something" a voice said and Amethyst looked up to see two Vigoroth's looking down at her. She must have wandered into their territory.

"That's nothing it's just a Roselia. Nothing important. For a second you made me think we caught one of those pesky Mightyena's" he said shaking his head at the other Vigoroth. "Just leave her" he added leaving followed not long after by the other.

"W-Wait!" Amethyst cried pain in her voice but she was too late. I h-have to try to get out of here she thought trying again to stand and screaming in pain as she collapsed startling a few Taillow as they flew into the air.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    Cobalt was yelping in pain as Ambrose turned back to see what was going on, being interrupted from looking at the wet, grassy pillars in front of the small cave. Chi was now wide awake and cringing in the corner, yelping in fright at the strange, sudden actions of the mutt. Ambrose was understandably confused.

"What's the matter with you, Dog?" he asked. Chi finally decided to bolt for it and ran towards the cave entrance. She was hysterically crying as she did so. Not in the mood to find another mass murderer, Ambrose managed to snatch her and hold her up. Chi started to flail, so he tightly gripped her in a hugging position to restrain her.

This proved ineffective as her frantic movements pushed her out of the grip and Ambrose lost the hold but continued to hang on. Her panic caused her to hastily decide to bite deeply into Ambrose shoulder for him to release the grip. Ambrose yelled in pain, which only caused Chi to freak out even more. Ambrose, forgetting about the actual situation on hand, pushed his pup off of him and she landed on her back with a loud yelp of pain.

Realizing what he had done, he covered agape mouth with his hands. Crap. Chi looked knocked out.

"C- Chi?" he asked. The fox pup didn't respond. A tear almost approached on Ambrose. "Why were you screaming, you filthy-?!" Ambrose asked angrily, with the present sadness in his voice.

Ambrose was interrupted by shuffling noises, and he turned to see Chi looking at him with a tense, intimidating face. She laid down an stared him down, taking notice of any movements the Spinda made.

The Bloody-?

Nideous

Years
    Cobalt

"My nose! It burns!" Cobalt moaned. He spotted Chi getting thrown by Ambrose and got angry. He growled a pain filled menacing growl at the Spinda, and slowly got to his feet. Cobalt quieted up when he heard Ambrose yelling at him. He looked sadly at him and whined again. His nose still hurt! Chi woke up a moment later and rolled over so that she was staring at Ambrose. What was going on? Was Ambrose about to freak out on him again? He stood there and stared at Ambrose, with pain, anger, and fear filled gaze. He wanted to go check on Chi and see if she was ok, but he just couldn't get his feet to move.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    Relief flooded through Ambrose's body. Chi was alright.

"Chi," he said, losing his anger. "Thank Arceus you're alright. I'm sorry I-" he began to walk towards Chi, but she barked loudly at him. Ambrose stood in confusion. It looked as if Chi didn't even recognize him anymore. After a moment of exchanging a glace with Cobalt, he talked again.

"I'm sorry that I-" he tried again, only to be stopped by another bark from Chi, apparently protesting him even speaking.

Ambrose threw his arms up and down again in frustration once, looking towards Cobalt. "Why doesn't my pup recognize me?!" he said. Chi immediately got up in an attack-ready position, barking and growling menacingly towards Ambrose.

"What's wrong with you?!" He asked the pup, only to be berated by a cavalcade of angry barks.

Blayze~

Looking for a Pair
    Years
    Amethyst looked up at the top of the hole. It was fairly deep but there were no tree branches for her to use vine whip on. "Even if I could get out I would still be stuck here cause of this broken leg" she mutter unhappily praying to Arceus that the others found her. "maybe if I yell loud enough" she thought before thunder cracked. "It's worth a try" she said tears falling from pain and fear as she looked up and screamed "HELP!! SOMEBODY HELP!!!!". After a few moments passed Amethyst hit the ground with frustration "stupid storm" she muttered voice still filled with pain as she tried again screaming as loud as she could "HELP!!!!"

Nideous

Years
    Cobalt

"Why doesn't my pup recognize me?" Ambrose Flannigan asked Cobalt angrily. Something in Cobalt snapped. He couldn't help the words that tumbled out of his mouth.

"When did she become your pup?! Weren't you going to get rid of her the first chance you got?! And how the heck would I know why she doesn't like you anymore? Did you maybe consider the fact that it might have something to do with you throwing her into the air and knocking her out!?" Cobalt snarled, his nose still hurting. He walked a few steps closer to the two of them. He knew why he was so angry. He had been breed with a severe protective streak. Anyone he considered a part of his pack he had to do his best to protect them, even if it was from one of his best friends, though that statement might be in need of changing after what had happened today. He thought he heard someone yelling, but he was to focused on the situation at hand.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
    Riz gathered all the electricity in his body to his cheeks in order to ensure a powerful attack. He and Daiyu's electric power devoured the Registeel completely. Sure, he was a legendary, but that didn't mean average Pokémon couldn't take him down if they have powerful special attacks. The Hyper Beam that Registeel hadn't managed to finish charging up detonated in reaction to the Thunder attack - Riz and Daiyu just managed to run out of the way, and smoke filled the area fast. Daiyu crawled closer to Registeel again.

"Sir, please, we need your power," she said, slightly wincing when she said please. Meh.

"But, my power, don't take my power. Please don't," Registeel pleaded. Daiyu looked at Riz with a here we go again face.

"We aren't here to take away your power. We just need to borrow some of it. Celebi needs our help and she's counting on you to contribute," Riz said. Registeel lay there in silence. Well, except for when Daiyu coughed; the smoke in here was almost unbearable!

"Fine. I'll give my power to you. Just don't hurt me again," Registeel said.

"Sir?" Daiyu asked in astonishment. You'd think this guy would be able to deal with a little attack from Pokémon who were way smaller... even if they did kick his ass. Registeel returned to his feet and faced the two electric mice.

"I want it!" Daiyu exclaimed childishly. Registeel turned to her and a glowing white orb appeared in front of him. At first glance, it was apparent that this wasn't an attack at all. So, this legendary hunk of steel even knew how to transfer his power, yet he had refused? That sounds pretty suspicious when you really think about it. The orb travelled through the air and relocated into Daiyu. Her body glowed white for a split second as the orb faded.

"Thank you so much for your generosity. We appreciate it," Riz said gratefully.

Daiyu rolled her eyes. "Okay, let's go. Let's get out of here." She walked over to the tall cliff they had just jumped from. Wordlessly, Registeel place his hand next to Daiyu. She looked at him and jumped onto it. He raised his hand to the top and allowed Daiyu to return to ground. Registeel did the same with Riz.

"Bye!" Riz and Daiyu both said to him.

"Where are we going to be going next?" Riz asked.

"Erm, uhm, what other legends are there? Or at least, which ones are closer?" Daiyu asked, sitting down. She felt tired from the fight, but she was getting a very strange, almost queasy feeling now. Was it the power? But it was so little of it...

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    Ambrose's eyes grew with surprise and an inkling of genuine fear. This wasn't like Cobalt.... right? Something within Ambrose bubbled in his system. It was a strange sensation, but it gave him absolute fury within him, letting him rebound from the initial fright.

"It was an accident, you blithering fool! You think I intended for her to fall on her back?! She was scared of you yelping! She was in such panic that she couldn't even realize what she was doing and she bit on me, you disgusting excuse for existence! And now," He said, dropping in speed "You think you can just interrogate me you useless, pathetic, stupid son of a bi-" he was stopped when he realized the obsessive barking from Chi.

He turned to the pup. "Shut up!" he screamed.

Ambrose's mind snapped back into sense for a moment. What was he doing? What was going on? Ambrose looked back at Cobalt. W- Why is he looking at me like that....?

Chi began sniffing the air, finding an odd scent. It was dissipating, but it was the one from before.... what was it?

Nideous

Years
    Cobalt

Cobalt was stunned into silence. Over half of the words that were hurled at him went over his head, but he got most of the meaning. He shrank back when he caught a wiff of that odd scent from before, even through the fake flower smell. He recognized it immediately. Ambrose had smelled like that just before he had hurt Cobalt. Cobalt cowered in fear again.
    "I'm sorry, please don't hurt me! I know it was an accident but you've got to be more careful! She's still a newborn and they break easily!" Cobalt said between whimpers. His rage all but disappeared when he caught that scent. Now he was trying to do anything not to bet hurt again. His right paw still ached from where Ambrose had bitten it before.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    Ambrose curiously looked at his surroundings. Hearing Cobalt's pleads, he looked at him as if he were crazy.

"Woah, woah," he said, raising his arms up to show the mutt he didn't plan to hurt him. "Calm down. I just asked you why my pup was acting so strange. I guess I asked a bit rudely, but wouldn't you freak out in sadness and anger if you accidentally hurt your pup?" Cobalt still cowered in fear.

Ambrose looked over at Chi, who was blankly staring at him but appearing to regain her senses. Ambrose looked back to Cobalt and shifted his eyes. He knew something happened in between his questions and now, but he couldn't recall what that was.

"Did something just happen that I'm not aware of?" He asked the frightened dog, eyeing his scars. No... they couldn't have been telling the truth about him before about biting Cobalt....?

Nideous

Years
    Cobalt

"Woah, woah," Ambrose said, raising his arms into the air,. "Calm down. I just asked you why my pup was acting so strange. I guess I asked a bit rudely, but wouldn't you freak out in sadness and anger if you accidentally hurt your pup?"

"But... You..." Cobalt mumbled, still very frightened. He glanced at Ambrose. The odd scent had faded. But Cobalt was still unsure. He didn't know what to say or do. Anything could set Ambrose off again. He didn't want to get hurt again, but he didn't know what to do or what to say. So he sat there shaking, looking up (yes, the big Mightyena pup is cowering that low) at Ambrose. He took a few steps back, never looking away from Ambrose with his terrified gaze.

"Did something just happen that I'm not aware of?" Ambrose asked. He looked at Cobalt's injured paw again. Cobalt shifted it so it was out of view. Why was he asking that? Didn't he remember? It had just happened! And why was he staring at Cobalt? Was he trying to find another good place to bite him? Cobalt said nothing and continued shaking.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    He's cowering again? No.... I could've done something to scare him. I have a good memory. Nothing happened. He is a puppy, maybe he was just scared of the anger present in my voice and didn't know what to do. But this has happened twice already. What-

Ambrose shook of his thoughts. This was too weird. He looked over at Chi, who was glaring at him, watching his every motion, but had stopped with the barking. So much for regaining senses, eh?

Ambrose awkwardly got down on one knee. If he were to ever calm Chi, he was going to need help from the dog. But to get the dog, he was going to have to be comforting. Sigh.

"Look, uh, Cobalt." He said with awkwardness caking his voice "I'm not exactly sure with what just happened, but I'm.... uh, sorry? I don't know what I did. I need you to tell me what happened to so scared."

The dog cowered in more fear. Ambrose considered just giving this up and facing Chi on his own.

So he did.

Ambrose got back up and faced Chi. He walked casually to her and she growled progressively louder with every step. Ambrose stopped and outstretched his arm. The pup barked viciously.

Alright, she's not in her right mind because of the hysteria. The poor thing's confused and can't make relations in her head because she's blinded with fright and the instinct to protect herself is kicked on hyper drive. Ambrose placed his extended hand on his face in to postulate. So if she sees I'm not a threat, she will calm down, giving her the chance to regain herself. Easy.

....Wait, how do I do that? This is a pup who can't be persuaded with words.

"Cobalt?" He asked even though it brought him humiliation "How do show the pup I'm not a threat?"

I'm so done with today. Good thing it's starting to end.

Nideous

Years
    Cobalt

"Look, uh, Cobalt." Ambrose said, trying to be nice. "I'm not exactly sure with what just happened, but I'm.... uh, sorry? I don't know what I did. I need you to tell me what happened to so scared."

Cobalt shivered some more. He didn't answer at first. But after a moment and several deep breaths he stood a tad bit straighter.
    "You... You started yelling at me and Chi. You really scared us. I smelled a scent. The same one that you had when you bit me before," Cobalt said really fast as he stood there staring at Ambrose as though he still thought the spinda thought mightyena was still on the menu. Ambrose walked over to Chi, the very opposite thing he should have done. Luckily she didn't bolt, instead choosing to channel her fear into anger. Ambrose finally stopped when she barked at him. He glanced at Cobalt, who froze again.

"Cobalt?" Ambrose asked, "How do show the pup I'm not a threat?"

Oh, so now he wanted advice. Funny how a moment ago he was telling Cobalt how worthless he was! Cobalt didn't know whether he wanted to answer or not. He decided he would anyway. Ambrose might get mad at him again if he didn't.

"You have to first get out of her space. Back up so that you're at least as far away from her as I am from you. She won't go anywhere if you aren't trying to get in her face. She's not in a blind panic anymore. Then you have to make yourself less threatening. The easiest way to do that is to make yourself smaller and change your scent away from anger, being annoyed, or fear. Those smells are harsher than calmer ones. It also helps to avoid eye contact, though she would probably mistake that for submission. You want her to calm down, not think she's the boss. But don't stare at her either! That's a signal for a fight!" Cobalt said trying to remember what else. It was so easy to know what to do, but it was hard to explain it to someone else that wasn't a canine. For example, how was he supposed to know how to change his scent. He wouldn't know that you stopped giving off one scent when you started feeling a different way. Like happy playful Chi smelled different from scared Chi. But how could Cobalt say that?

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years

Ambrose tried to follow Cobalt's advice as best he could. This was too freaky. What's going on here? I guess I got lost in the emotion too. Ugh.

Ambrose stepped backwards as far as he could from Chi without being up against the wall. Okay, now to change my scent.

....oh bloody dogs. How am I- well, let's try calming myself.

Ambrose released his breath and removed his beret. This reminds me! I have to make myself appear lower than the pup without making her seem like the boss,

....oh bloody dogs. Ambrose awkwardly laid his belly on the ground. He was extremely uncomfortable, but he had to get Chi to calm down. He looked at Chi in the eyes. Ambrose's natural look of coldness should be enough to appear equal even through his physical state of "smaller." Now to avoid eye contact, but not.

....oh bloody freaking dogs. Ambrose's eyes seemed insane, constantly shifting between Chi's eyes and something else. He tried to remain as calm as he could.

----

Chi stared down the threat as best as she could. It was appearing harmless, but she had to keep watch on it. It was frantic before. She didn't want to be attacked. She wanted to attack. She was in power. She- She-

She wanted her dad. She was scared. She didn't know where she was. She didn't remember how she got here. All she remembers is the yelping, and the running. She didn't want to be with these strange creatures!

A smell wafted into her nose. Father. She scanned the room frantically. Where was he?

Chi finally spotted her dad and ran over to him, filled with tears. She was so scared, and she didn't know why.

----

Ambrose embraced Chi with a hug. His emotions finally hit the brink. He started to tear up too.

"I'm so sorry, Chi. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. It was an accident. Do you forgive me?" He said to the pup. The fox began licking Ambrose's bite wound. Ambrose pulled her away softly and faced her. Chi barked in joy.

"You don't have to say sorry to me," he said. "I'm the bad guy here." Ambrose chuckled a little before sniffing from the tears. He wasn't sure what had come over him, but he didn't care. Chi was happy again. He hugged her again, not taking notice to anything around them. Chi fell asleep for a well-deserved rest. Ambrose continued to hug her anyway.

Back