• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Say all you want to say about the Catholic Religion!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alec_

Years
  • I don't know where you got your stats from, but next time, get them from reality, 'kay? And "Catholic Religion is the best Religion ever."? Are you TRYING to start a flamewar?
    Im not starting a flamewar -_-. Im just saying that it's the best for me. Im not saying that it's the best for you -_-..

~Fairytales.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • These threads are always so loving. Just check out this lovely atmosphere~ ♥

Anyways, I'm just going to go ahead and take the usual agnostic stance I take in these sorts of things and say "can anyone prove anything?" Can Catholics prove God exists? No. On the other hand, can Atheists and the like prove he doesn't exist? No. It's just one of those things we'll never know, and you'd best just leave other people's beliefs alone and let them think what they want.

On the other hand, I don't see why some people see the need to raise their religion on a pedestal or denote other religions because it isn't their own. Talks about religion don't usually become a problem until some people come along and talk big about their beliefs or talk down about other people's, when theoretically we could just stick to our beliefs, forget about the others, and then nobody would have to deal with this crap. For example, there was a back hullabaloo here last year because my high school allowed the formation of a Christian group but not an Atheist one. It just escalated into something pointless when the school could have just acknowledged Atheists as having equal rights with Christians. If people just thought of religions as equals, there'd be far less problems, but that just doesn't seem to be something the people of the past or today are capable of doing yet.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
  • Only thing I have to say is if you translate Catholic into early Latin it comes out as meaning domination.
    That's what I heard anyways.

I left my mark.
    I'm Orthodox so you really don't want to know what I think about Catholics. =]

NoMasterBallsNeeded4Legends

★soɹɹʎ` ıɯ ndsıpǝ poʍu :)★
    Years
  • im a catholic, and this is how i think about it:
    why should i believe some guy said "earth" and the earth was created.
    its stupid,
    and as for heaven and hell, they were just made to scare people into going to church in the olden days.
    and finally, satan is suposeldy the bad person, but he tortures the people that GOD sends hell. ergo, God kills us, satan totures us: who seems worse

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
  • Religion is a load of crap.

I came here prepared to write up 5 paragraph essay on everything that I find hypocritical about the catholic church, but then I stumbled across this post and realized that it could sum up just about everything I was gonna say in just 6 simple words~

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • Uh oh. This is gonna be fun to read, but it's not gonna end well. o.O

Religion is a load of crap.

xD Thank you sir; you have made my day.

It's just another religion. So they ordered genocide on multiple occasion and tried to stop all scientific advancements. But really, who hasn't?

Hmmm...It always seemed to me that in history Catholics were the most violent compared to any other religion, plus the Bible is pretty violent, which is pretty darn ironic. Seriously, what happened to "Thou shall not kill"? :/

and finally, satan is suposeldy the bad person, but he tortures the people that GOD sends hell. ergo, God kills us, satan totures us: who seems worse

xDD Man, I love irony.

WidowMaker

Horizons
    Years
  • This whole 'my religion is better than yours' is a bunch of crap. Nobody honestly cares.

At least, I don't.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    As a Christian I do believe, in fact, that my religion is "better" than yours. This isn't me outright pressing my faith on to you, but you gotta realize, that's part of the purpose of the whole thing. In my case, I can say that my choices have given me more hope than yours have. Think of it like this, for a second: Heaven beats nonbeing any day of the week.

In any case, Catholicism is, IMO, very traditionalized and rigid, which defeats the purpose of the whole thing. This is a generalization, though, so I know in some case somewhere, I'm wrong. Also, the genocide bit (a.k.a., the Crusades, amirite?)is a specific example which is generally overhyped far above what impact it already had. I have much more on the points raised by just about all o' y'all, but now is not the time.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I'm a cafeteria Catholic. I believe in what's outlined in the Apostles' Creed:

I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
    I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord.
    He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.
    He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried.
    He descended into hell. On the third day he rose again.
    He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty.
    He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
    I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting.

I pray on occasion, but I don't go to church. To quote Homer Simpson, I'm a good man, I care about my [family] - why do I have to go to church and be told I'm going to hell?. Often by people who can't speak English very well.

I'm not fond of he church as a middleman. I want my own relationship with God. Take reconciliation for example. Everyone sins because we are human. If I pray and ask God for forgiveness for whatever, then that's his call. I don't know why I have to tell some old guy in a basement first.

Beyond that and the sacraments, I think that's about all I stick too. I have almost no idea of all the other little rules and stuff in the catechism. My outlook is just live a good life and hope for the best when you die.

I think Catholicism gets picked on a lot. There's been some bad stuff in the past, but it was in the past, the Church has apologized for it, and it doesn't really affect anyone now. The Church and its followers do a lot of charity work for people of all creeds and lack thereof. People say Catholicism is really traditional. I think in ritual maybe. But what the Church says you can believe changes (which bugs the really traditionalists). We're fine with the Big Bang and evolution. Recently the Vatican visited the LHC and said "The Church never fears the truth of science, because we are convinced that all truth comes from God. Science will help our faith to purify itself."

Whatever happened in the past, was the past. It may be a slow change, but there is a change in the church. I see "catholic groups" (specific local churches, grass roots organizations, etc.) doing more harm than the actual Vatican.

That said though, their are some things I think the Church has to modernize on. Might not be happen right away, but eventually I think the Church will move on a few things (priests not getting married, no female priests, contraception, etc.)

Ignorance isn't good. Stagnancy isn't good. Intolerance isn't good. There is a disconnected, I think, between some vocal Catholics and the actual Church. Jesus' message was to love your neighbour. Some people lose track of that.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Anyways, I'm just going to go ahead and take the usual agnostic stance I take in these sorts of things and say "can anyone prove anything?" Can Catholics prove God exists? No. On the other hand, can Atheists and the like prove he doesn't exist? No. It's just one of those things we'll never know, and you'd best just leave other people's beliefs alone and let them think what they want.

yesyesyes

Only thing I have to say is if you translate Catholic into early Latin it comes out as meaning domination.
    That's what I heard anyways.

Allow me to call bull. "Catholic" derives from the Latin "catholicus", which in turn is derived from the Greek words "κατά" ('kata', meaning 'according to') and "ὅλος" ('holos', meaning 'everything'). But together, the word "καθολικός" ('katholikos') means 'universally' or 'generally', meaning Catholicism essentially promotes itself as a system of belief that can be applied universally.

im a catholic, and this is how i think about it:
    why should i believe some guy said "earth" and the earth was created.
    its stupid,
    and as for heaven and hell, they were just made to scare people into going to church in the olden days.

o.O Do you even know what a Catholic is? Because you've pretty much just denounced their whole religion.

As an aside, the simplistic views of Christianity and the stubborn, crass attitudes expressed in this thread make me want to gouge my own eyes out with a rusty spoon.

WobbuffetPokemon

Call me Wobbuffet!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2009
    Reply to TRIFORCE89!!!

Hello everyone Catholics and Protestants. This is my reply to TRIFORCE89.

Dear TRIFORCE89,

I'm not saying I'm not accepting your comment about
    the Catholic Religion but many people, and of course
    most Catholics are going angry to you!!!!!

You said going to Catholic Chuches leads you to that
    crazy hell, Am I right!? You are a Catholic but doesn't
    want going to Catholic Church, THAT IS CRAZY!!!!!!!!!
    Remember this TRIFORCE89, Catholicism or even
    going to Catholic Church doesn't lead you to hell.

You said it like this:

He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty.
    I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting.

You know Jesus descended into hell. It means Jesus doesn't
    go to hell, or in other words he had passed hell and go straight
    to Heaven.

According to Merriam-Webster Dictionary:

(Go to their official website and search descended)

2: to pass in discussion from what is logically prior or more comprehensive.

End of meaning!

You know as a CHRISTIAN CATHOLIC you should go to CHURCH,
    A CATHOLIC CHURCH!

You don't need to be a cafeteria Catholic, my son!

God Bless You!!!

Praying for you,

WobbuffetPokemon!

P.S. I hope you understand my reply to you TRIFORCE89!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope YOU also understand!!!!!!

幕之内 一歩

<b><font color=
    Years
  • Haha. You guys are a blast. Been here only a few minutes. I'll keep it simple as I've already written two essays for each of my first two posts.

Don't push your religion on me and we'll be good friends. :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    I've personally nothing against the religion, but your Pope looks like he just took two tequila shots and put some eyeliner on.

Long live John Paul II.

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
  • Hello everyone Catholics and Protestants. This is my reply to TRIFORCE89.

Dear TRIFORCE89,

I'm not saying I'm not accepting your comment about
    the Catholic Religion but many people, and of course
    most Catholics are going angry to you!!!!!

You said going to Catholic Chuches leads you to that
    crazy hell, Am I right!? You are a Catholic but doesn't
    want going to Catholic Church, THAT IS CRAZY!!!!!!!!!
    Remember this TRIFORCE89, Catholicism or even
    going to Catholic Church doesn't lead you to hell.

You said it like this:

You know Jesus descended into hell. It means Jesus doesn't
    go to hell, or in other words he had passed hell and go straight
    to Heaven.

According to Merriam-Webster Dictionary:

(Go to their official website and search descended)

2: to pass in discussion from what is logically prior or more comprehensive.

End of meaning!

You know as a CHRISTIAN CATHOLIC you should go to CHURCH,
    A CATHOLIC CHURCH!

You don't need to be a cafeteria Catholic, my son!

God Bless You!!!

Praying for you,

WobbuffetPokemon!

P.S. I hope you understand my reply to you TRIFORCE89!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope YOU also understand!!!!!!

Was that really necessary?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • WobbuffetPokemon,

No. You're not right. I didn't say "going to Catholic Chuches leads you to that crazy hell"

I didn't say going to church will send me to hell. I said I don't want to go to church and listen to some old guy talk about how I'm going to hell.

Besides which, I also mentioned a language barrier. My area is a heavily populated Italian area. The priests here are very old, Italian guys, with a very loose hold on the English language. They are very difficult to understand. Or they have cultural references that go right over my head. If I were to go to church I'd just be going through the motions so to speak.

Second Coming of Jebus

pies be with you
    Years
  • Why are all you idiots neg repping me for my post? The title of the thread is "Say all you want about the Catholic Religion", and I still get downies with a variation of "THANKS FOR CONTRIBUTING HUR DURR IM REMAINING ANONYMOUS CUZ U MITE BE MEEN 2 MEE". I am contributing? Hence the title of this thread. The amount of rep taken off me isn't really bothering me, it's a meager amount compared to what I get back in +reps because I'm so awesome and my posts are so awesome too. I thought I'd just vent my nerd rage here because I was surprised at how many retards really are in this forum D:

edit for my neg repping fanboys: DON'T BE JEALOUUUUUUUUUUUS

Alec_

Years
  • Why are all you idiots neg repping me for my post? The title of the thread is "Say all you want about the Catholic Religion", and I still get downies with a variation of "THANKS FOR CONTRIBUTING HUR DURR IM REMAINING ANONYMOUS CUZ U MITE BE MEEN 2 MEE". I am contributing? Hence the title of this thread. The amount of rep taken off me isn't really bothering me, it's a meager amount compared to what I get back in +reps because I'm so awesome and my posts are so awesome too. I thought I'd just vent my nerd rage here because I was surprised at how many retards really are in this forum D:

edit for my neg repping fanboys: DON'T BE JEALOUUUUUUUUUUUS
    It depends on what they are thinking of your post. If your awesome. You could also make mistakes in posting. That's why people gave you Negative Reputations.
    Also don't call us idiots. Please show some respect in posting a comment. And remember the word " Nobodies Perfect ".

~Fairytales.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back