• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SCIENCE RULES!

Favourite Science Study?

• Chemistry

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Biology

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Microbiology

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Physics

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Geology

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Astronomy

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Meteorology

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    SCIENCE RULES!

SCIENCE :D!

Bill Nye!!!

Anyway, despite the fact that I'm more of a mathematical person, I'm quite fond of Physics, as it has quite a few mathematical elements in it. Plus, I like the hands-on projects that I get to do with this particular branch.

& BTW, Conceptual Physics is easy fabrezzy.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I liked all the science I did in high school except for biology, but that was while they were taught in courses that combined all kinds of science. In grade 11, when they split off into three branches (bio, chem and physics), the only one I took was Physics. I liked it and it was alright, but most of the time I was sitting there going "man I wish there weren't so many word problems... I just want to do the math". I took one Physics class in university and then just dropped it forever because I couldn't get myself genuinely interested.

I kind of wish I had room to take some chemistry but again, even in the earlier classes I hated all the chem experiments and I'd probably only want to learn the theory behind everything. :(

I guess what I'm saying is I just like math and science is too much application for me haha.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • I had an awesome Chemistry teacher who would set things on fire, roast gummy bears and just in general do some awesome demonstrations and experiments in class.

I never did Bio, but I did do some Bio homework (12 level lols didn't even do Bio 11) in order to get into a field trip. I had to complete the project (she even marked it, dunno why) if I wanted to go to the Toronto Zoo. Basically, it was "Find an example of Darwin's evolutionary theory" where we'd look at the fishies and go, "HEY THAT FISHIE IS DIFFERENT DARWINNN"

And then we saw the baby polar bear and amagad <3

Physics was interesting - still is - but it's every other year at my school (wasn't popular enough) meaning it was risky to take it through to Grade 12. No guarantee the Grade 12 Physics program would run.

Today's like, a mega thunderstorm day :3 so I'm looking up meteorology stuff to go along with it.

Years
  • Mechanics.
    I chose Physics because Mechanics is a part of Physics.

My favourite subject from that is IC engines/turbines.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    I do not like Sciences at all, why do they make me study science, so that I can be a scientist? Or a doctor? No thank you.

But if I have to pick one, I would pick Physics, cos its the most practical science in my opinion, what's chemistry anyway? Putting this chemical and that chemical and it comes out some kind of precipitate and all that nonsensical illogical stuff. Don't hate me for that rant, just saying.

I HATE CHEMISTRY!

That aside, I am never going to take anything related to science in the future after I graduate from Secondary School.

Belldandy

Years
  • You might have to in school, even if you take language courses :v some schools still require you to take something science-y as an elective.

Chemistry is useful, esp. for WHMIS. You can really understand the damage some things can do to you... Plus, Chemistry is knowing about the stuff that makes our universe; Physics is what that "stuff" i.e. matter abides by. They're reliant on one another to "work." That should make Chem' interesting to Physicists, too :P

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
    Years
  • Biology for me. I love learning about the countless processes and names, and how different organisms interact and benefit from each other. It's fascinating, and learning it all can be quite satisfying. I'm planning to enter a biology-related degree too.

Years
  • I used to be really interested in chemistry up until I hit high school, where most of my chemistry teachers did know a lot about the subject, but would've been better off in a lab than a classroom. In fact, the only science teachers that I actually cared for in high school were those that taught the biology classes- and I was never very interested in it.

Looking back, I think I would've rather taken physics than chemistry, since I was always pretty good at math, and I know that physics relies very heavily on it. I would've been interested in astronomy, too, but other than a small unit in physics, there weren't any classes on it.

Years
  • Me and my friends at school talk about physics and space all the time. Space is seriously the best thing, you don't even know.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2013
    Out of all the sciences, I like the physical sciences more.
    I've always been inclined to Science more than other topics. My favorite topics are chemistry, physics, and meteorology.
    Even if I am taking physics right now, I prefer chemistry over it. I understand why people hate these two: Math. There is a lot of mathematics involved in both, but what I like about them is that you can explain the simplest things around you when you understand the concepts of physics. What I like about chemistry is the part which involves matter. It's really cool to know the properties of some things we see everyday.
    I like meteorology too. It is interesting to study the weather and stuff.

Chemistry is useful, esp. for WHMIS. You can really understand the damage some things can do to you... Plus, Chemistry is knowing about the stuff that makes our universe; Physics is what that "stuff" i.e. matter abides by. They're reliant on one another to "work." That should make Chem' interesting to Physicists, too :P

Yep, it is hard to separate Physics and Chemistry, since both deal with matter up to some extent.
    I had a Professor who told us to consult if ever we want to choose a chemical to use for suicide. How cruel. XD

Belldandy

Years
  • I used to be really interested in chemistry up until I hit high school, where most of my chemistry teachers did know a lot about the subject, but would've been better off in a lab than a classroom. In fact, the only science teachers that I actually cared for in high school were those that taught the biology classes- and I was never very interested in it.

Looking back, I think I would've rather taken physics than chemistry, since I was always pretty good at math, and I know that physics relies very heavily on it. I would've been interested in astronomy, too, but other than a small unit in physics, there weren't any classes on it.

My teacher always said if you're good at Physics, you're good at Math; however, when you're good at Math, it doesn't mean you'll be good at Physics.

Probably a brain thing of some sorts, but I dunno :v like how if you're good at Music, you ought to be good at Math 'cause it stimulates and uses the same brain area?

Something like that, anyway.

Years
  • I really really like organic chem. But I like biology the best, there's nothing like studying the complexities of life. Studying all sciences is really great because you start to understand the physical, temporal world around you. Everything starts to make sense. It's a great substitute for religion for some of its functions - it really helps explain the beauty of the world.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
  • My preferred fields of science-related study are astronomy, microbiology and chemistry (I possess a special fondness for astronomy and chemistry). There's just some odd intricacy and wonderment about these fields that strikes me as particularly impressive, and I've devoted many hours of my time just researching anything and everything from those fields.

I force myself to look at physics, despite the fact it bores me a little, since I kind of have to know some of it if I want to attain a full understanding of astronomy and, to a certain extent, chemistry.

Belldandy

Years
  • Our school had some interesting ways to incorporate teachings into the kids' heads.

Want to learn about Physics? Let's go to WONDERLAND (theme park) and learn about ACCELERATION by riding the rollercoasters!

Want to learn about Astronomy? Let's go CAMPING and look at the STARS :D

Want to learn about Biology i.e. biomes and darwinism theories? Let's go to the TORONTO ZOO and look at the BABY POLAR BEARS!

Maybe if you got to go the Six Flags for Physics, it'd be more interesting teehee :P

Years
  • Mechanics.
    I chose Physics because Mechanics is a part of Physics.

My favourite subject from that is IC engines/turbines.

Pretty much the same as this guy here although instead of engines and turbines, my interests lies more in planetary motion - astronomy stuff - and projectile / trajectory paths and mechanics involving vehicles.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Astronomy!

Astronomy! Astronomy! Astronomy!

I love Astronomy! I love space!

Back