• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SCIENCE RULES!

Favourite Science Study?

• Chemistry

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Biology

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Microbiology

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Physics

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Geology

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Astronomy

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Meteorology

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
    SCIENCE RULES!

SCIENCE :D!

What science study is your favourite, and why? Did you take any in secondary school? What about university? Have you ever used your knowledge of a branch of science and think: "Hey! That was actually useful information after all!"

I love Chemistry, Geology, Astronomy and Meteorology. Of them, geology is definitely my favourite, then meteorology, followed by chemistry and astronomy. I think it's fascinating the way erosion and weathering works and how rivers bend and create oxbow lakes. The rock cycle and the study of sedimentary rock is intriguing; we can learn so much about the past by analyzing the patterns, grooves and changes in sedimentary rocks.

Not to mention fossils, mountains, volcanoes, glaciers, Pangea and the theories of continental drift, mantle convection and plate tectonics. *.* sooo awesome

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Astronomy. There's something very intimate about it; in Sagan's words, we are "starstuff contemplating the stars".

Last edited:
    Years
    Astronomy, Physics, and Meteorology for me. When I was younger, I used to want to become a meteorologist, but that dream came and went. However, I still have an interest for weather. I also like the concepts of Physics, and without taking the class in high school, I would still be "dumb" on a lot of stuff, and the same goes for Astronomy. :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Despite currently studying for a chemistry degree, my favourite area of science is ecology! Learning about how ecosystems build up and function and how they're effected by x, y and z is such an interesting field and I'd absolutely love a career in it. I am fond of chemistry, but it gets a bit tedious studying it day-in-day-out haha.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I'm actually pursuing a zoology (wildlife biology) and conservation biology degree this fall in University. I would go into detail of why, but let's just say my passion is helping and studying animals. I'm also debating if I should go into paleontology since I can fit in some credits.

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
    Years
    I had a horrible high school chemistry course in 7th grade...
    I'd say geology from the ones on the poll, but archaeology is my overall favourite.

Years
    While I despised most science courses throughout school, I'm still really interested in science as a whole. I'd say astronomy, chemistry, meteorology, and physics. They just strike me as some of the more interesting sciences. :)

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
    I love science, when I was in 1st grade I won an award for winning this contest thing where they'd ask us science questions and stuff... Though I wasn't the smartest of students in my school I was always good at it that I proved that I can beat the honor students at science...err...stuff. I loved it so much that I studied at a science oriented high school where I would again be pitted in a contest similar to the one in first grade.

I mostly adore the field of physics, and I am currently taking it up as a major in college. I love physics because of how it tries to explain the inner workings of the universe through intricate systems of facts, numbers, and equations.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
    my science class in high was terrible as I was forced to do the class when I wanted to do another science thing class, but the school decided on science for GSCE.

we never did science in grade school.

Years
    My favorite its the astronomy, because think in the idea of the infinite universe and all the things happen there are some weird and exiting.

Belldandy

Years
    Lots of people seem to love Astronomy, but it requires a lot of Physics and some Chemistry to understand :P or maybe the concepts are the interesting parts of the field and not the math hidden far into the reaches of the universe?

I particularly liked learning about the creation of stars and their deaths during my Geo/Astro course. We even used a term later used during the Big Bang Theory (can't remember which, though) and I felt like such a nerd :P 'cause I knew what it meant!

Years
    Being completely honest... pretty much all of it. Before leaving school for uni I was taking two science units (Physics and a generalised unit that was primarily biology but included various aspects of forensics, physics etc...) and I hated doing the equations and stuff simply because I didn't much care for how these things were worked out but for the knowledge itself. I have always immersed myself in learning various scientific things I don't know why but there's just something awesome about learning about life's little mysteries.

Years
    With the right teacher any branch of science is interesting. I'm lucky to have had great teachers in high school for chemistry and physics (despite not doing so well in those classes). I still find a lot of the things in those areas interesting, even if they're a little over my head at times.

Biology and astronomy were always my favorites though. Learning how life works from the smallest cells up to rainforests is kind of amazing, and astronomy feels like learning about the secrets of the universe.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I did well in school in pretty much every science course I took, but I would have to say chemistry was my favorite because I actually enjoyed balancing chemical equations. And mixing chemicals in the lab xD

Sir Codin

I'm currently studying Biology in college. It's tough sometimes, but the things you can learn about various forms of life on this planet can be fascinating.

I've also had to dabble in Chemistry every now and then.

Belldandy

Years
    I did well in school in pretty much every science course I took, but I would have to say chemistry was my favorite because I actually enjoyed balancing chemical equations. And mixing chemicals in the lab xD

I KNOW, RIGHT? :D

I was so proud of myself. I hadn't taken Chem or touched it in three years and I got perfect on my Chem-Math test regarding volume of gases :)

Years
    Astronomy, because SPAAAAAAAAAAACE! I like learning about it. It's all really fascinating. After that, I enjoyed Geology class. Rocks and stuff are pretty cool too.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Biology- Living things fascinate me, so this is my favorite area of science
    Geology is also fairly interesting, I do like learning about the way the world works. Im also mildly interested in Astronomy, but it's hard for me to understand.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Science is how I know how to make a fire tornado. Or a death ray. Or how the human brain works. Or the inevitability of life somewhere else in the universe.
    Yeah, it's cool to a point. In general I mean.

Science is how I know how to make a fire tornado. Or a death ray. Or how the human brain works. Or the inevitability of life somewhere else in the universe.
    Yeah, it's cool to a point. In general I mean.

Last edited:

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    I've been science-inclined ever since I started learning science in school. Science has always been able to capture me the way humanities/arts or business never could. Biology and Psychology (it is also considered as a science) has been my favourites among all.

I love Biology as I love studying about the various types of species that live together with us humans on this planet we call Earth. From unicellular organisms to the most complex of beings, the study of life has always fascinated me to no end. The processes and the systems in all living things in order for them to survive, grow and reproduce - all that and more.

As for Psychology, I have always had the curiosity about people. Why did they do that action? What's the thought processes behind that action? How about mental disorders such as anorexia and depression? Personalities? The list goes on. So many questions about the human mind I want to know the answers for. I also have a passion for helping other people out, and with my current course, which is Psychology itself, I can aim to do just that!

I never really had a thing for Physics or Chemistry - they involve far too much Math and are a little too complex for my comfort. Numbers make my head spin.. I just can't get my head around all those figures. Too much work for my brain lol. I haven't focused of any of the other sciences in the list before except those that I've mentioned though. I would love to get a quick peek at what each of them offer some time when I'm not bogged down with coursework ahha. :P

Back