• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
  • I know that and i never said that

What he's saying is that those flags are directly changed by the game itself and changing them will only cause headaches. There are certain flags that do certain things instead of just being set and unset and JPAN's patch doesn't change what they do (well, for the most part). What you selected (flag 3) is one directly modified by the game and will change, it's better to use the flags 200-2FF since they're generally the "safe" ones to use. :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2016
    Hacking Fire Red. Using XSE, Advance Map, etc.

I've been fighting with XSE all night over one thing or another and am really frustrated and stuck and am hoping for some help.

Here is the code I'm currently stuck with. The player is supposed to walk to the sprite, the sprite is supposed to say 3 dialogues, and then walk away. What happens is the sprite starts saying the last dialogue (talk 3) and walks away at the same time without saying the first two dialogues. I've been having this issue all night with all the player events I've been trying to script. If I have more than one message box, they will only speak the last one. Also, no matter how much I copy past movement codes or mess with it, I usually can't get any applymovement to work at all (by some miracle, who know's why, this one actually works and does the movement). (Ignore that it says text text text, I replaced the real text with that just for the post).

Spoiler:

Please help! Why does it never say all of the dialogues? I've seen in videos and tutorials where they have more than one dialogue box happen.

Also, one final question. I only had the character move away because I could not figure out how to make him disappear. I've looked but couldn't seem to find what I was looking for. How can I make the sprite walk towards the door, and then warp out the door? The warp works, and I can get the sprite to walk all the way down to and through the warp area, but he won't go out the warp area, he just stands around in the black border area of the house next to the warp. Ideas?

Thank you from a noob who is severely frustrated (going on 4 hours now I've been searching the web, watching and reading tutorials and messing with XSE, only to get more confused).

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • Hacking Fire Red. Using XSE, Advance Map, etc.

I've been fighting with XSE all night over one thing or another and am really frustrated and stuck and am hoping for some help.

Here is the code I'm currently stuck with. The player is supposed to walk to the sprite, the sprite is supposed to say 3 dialogues, and then walk away. What happens is the sprite starts saying the last dialogue (talk 3) and walks away at the same time without saying the first two dialogues. I've been having this issue all night with all the player events I've been trying to script. If I have more than one message box, they will only speak the last one. Also, no matter how much I copy past movement codes or mess with it, I usually can't get any applymovement to work at all (by some miracle, who know's why, this one actually works and does the movement). (Ignore that it says text text text, I replaced the real text with that just for the post).

Spoiler:

Please help! Why does it never say all of the dialogues? I've seen in videos and tutorials where they have more than one dialogue box happen.

Also, one final question. I only had the character move away because I could not figure out how to make him disappear. I've looked but couldn't seem to find what I was looking for. How can I make the sprite walk towards the door, and then warp out the door? The warp works, and I can get the sprite to walk all the way down to and through the warp area, but he won't go out the warp area, he just stands around in the black border area of the house next to the warp. Ideas?

Thank you from a noob who is severely frustrated (going on 4 hours now I've been searching the web, watching and reading tutorials and messing with XSE, only to get more confused).

Not sure if that's a correct way to use XSE, but I think I understand. Instead of MESSAGE @blah, you're gonna need the "msgbox" command which goes like this:

msgbox @1 0x6

where the 1 is the pointer to the text and the 0x6 is the type of message box (which you sem to have, so you don't need the "boxset" command.

tl;dr

Change the MESSAGE to msgbox @pointer 0x6 and remove the boxset thing.

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • Hacking Fire Red. Using XSE, Advance Map, etc.

Spoiler:

Here's how your script should be base on the first person who replied to you.

Code:
    #Dynamic 0x800000

#org @Main
    lock
    faceplayer
    msgbox @talk1 [COLOR=Red]0x6[/COLOR]
    msgbox @talk2 [COLOR=Red]0x6[/COLOR]
    msgbox @talk3 [COLOR=Red]0x6[/COLOR]
    applymovement 0x2 @move1
    release
    end

#org @talk1
    = text text text text text text\n text text text text text text text\n text text text text text text text

#org @talk2
    = text text text text text text\n text text text text text text text\n text text text text text text text

#org @talk3

#org @move1
    #raw 0x1D
    #raw 0x1D
    #raw 0x1D
    #raw 0x1D
    #raw 0x1D
    #raw 0xFE
    I suggest you should know the basic of XSE scripting through tutorials..

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2016
    Here's how your script should be base on the first person who replied to you.

I suggest you should know the basic of XSE scripting through tutorials..

I actually started out with msgbox and it wasn't working. Sometimes I can get the msgbox to work, other times message works. I've seen it both ways in the tutorials online. I tried this script with both before I came on here hoping one would work and it didn't.

Also in the tutorials here I've seen them put the box set at the end with no 0x6 at the end of the msgbox or message. In any case, I also tried it both ways before I came on here to ask. I've read the tutorials (many many of them) several times over. Please don't assume that I'm just being lazy and didn't take the time to read and try different things.

Since the codes you guys just gave me don't work (tried several times already, and yes I just tried again) can anyone else offer me help as to why this isn't working and why the multiple texts don't seem to work and only point to the last one?

Thanks in advance.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • I actually started out with msgbox and it wasn't working. Sometimes I can get the msgbox to work, other times message works. I've seen it both ways in the tutorials online. I tried this script with both before I came on here hoping one would work and it didn't.

Also in the tutorials here I've seen them put the box set at the end with no 0x6 at the end of the msgbox or message. In any case, I also tried it both ways before I came on here to ask. I've read the tutorials (many many of them) several times over. Please don't assume that I'm just being lazy and didn't take the time to read and try different things.

Since the codes you guys just gave me don't work (tried several times already, and yes I just tried again) can anyone else offer me help as to why this isn't working and why the multiple texts don't seem to work and only point to the last one?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure if you're dealing with the same kind of script editor. You may be thinking of PKSV since XSE doesn't have a command called "message" and what I said was for XSE since they have different commands. Have you tried msgbox or did you copy and paste what Sagittarius edited for you because he accidentally forgot to replace message with msgbox?

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • I actually started out with msgbox and it wasn't working. Sometimes I can get the msgbox to work, other times message works. I've seen it both ways in the tutorials online. I tried this script with both before I came on here hoping one would work and it didn't.

Thanks in advance.

My bad man, check my reply once again. I've fixed it. :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2016
    Not sure if you're dealing with the same kind of script editor. You may be thinking of PKSV since XSE doesn't have a command called "message" and what I said was for XSE since they have different commands. Have you tried msgbox or did you copy and paste what Sagittarius edited for you because he accidentally forgot to replace message with msgbox?

I'm definitely using XSE, and when I saw ppl writing Message in the tutorials they were tutorials for XSE. In any case, I got some scripts working for other people events using Message. I did try typing msgbox and actually started out that way and when it didn't work I tried Message to see if it would work since I got that working a cpl times in XSE. Neither works right now though. It does do the last text but skips the first two and I have this problem with some of my other person event scripts too. It's strange and the program seems to be finicky with what it will take and what it won't.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • I'm definitely using XSE, and when I saw ppl writing Message in the tutorials they were tutorials for XSE. In any case, I got some scripts working for other people events using Message. I did try typing msgbox and actually started out that way and when it didn't work I tried Message to see if it would work since I got that working a cpl times in XSE. Neither works right now though. It does do the last text but skips the first two and I have this problem with some of my other person event scripts too. It's strange and the program seems to be finicky with what it will take and what it won't.

Hmm... could you post some screens of what you have complied?

EDIT: No problem Sagittarius, everybody makes mistakes. :P

Last edited:

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • I'm definitely using XSE, and when I saw ppl writing Message in the tutorials they were tutorials for XSE. In any case, I got some scripts working for other people events using Message. I did try typing msgbox and actually started out that way and when it didn't work I tried Message to see if it would work since I got that working a cpl times in XSE. Neither works right now though. It does do the last text but skips the first two and I have this problem with some of my other person event scripts too. It's strange and the program seems to be finicky with what it will take and what it won't.

That's a bit weird..
    But in what I may have known, what A-map version are you using?
    A-map 1.95 which is the beta ver. When you paste the offset there, it doubles another two numbers. Try taking a look if the offset you pasted got doubled. ALSO on your script there's no waitmovement 0x0.

Code:
    #Dynamic 0x800000

#org @Main
    lock
    faceplayer
    msgbox @talk1 [COLOR=Red]0x6[/COLOR]
    msgbox @talk2 [COLOR=Red]0x6[/COLOR]
    msgbox @talk3 [COLOR=Red]0x6[/COLOR]
    applymovement 0x2 @move1
    [COLOR=Red]waitmovement 0x0[/COLOR]
    release
    end

#org @talk1

#org @talk2

#org @talk3

#org @move1
    #raw 0x1D
    #raw 0x1D
    #raw 0x1D
    #raw 0x1D
    #raw 0x1D
    #raw 0xFE

Rezordaxx

Asks many questions!
    Years
  • Spoiler:

I think your problem is that you cant put that many message boxxes in a row,
    I think you must put one message command and then a other command before you can use a message command again, this is only my opinion. But now the script will defenitly work.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I'm definitely using XSE, and when I saw ppl writing Message in the tutorials they were tutorials for XSE. In any case, I got some scripts working for other people events using Message. I did try typing msgbox and actually started out that way and when it didn't work I tried Message to see if it would work since I got that working a cpl times in XSE. Neither works right now though. It does do the last text but skips the first two and I have this problem with some of my other person event scripts too. It's strange and the program seems to be finicky with what it will take and what it won't.

Saguittarius' script works for me. =/
    Maybe your XSE's version isn't 1.1.1 ?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjEOTsjTxO4

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • That's a bit weird..
    But in what I may have known, what A-map version are you using?
    A-map 1.95 which is the beta ver. When you paste the offset there, it doubles another two numbers. Try taking a look if the offset you pasted got doubled. ALSO on your script there's no waitmovement 0x0.

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?!?! XD
    A-map 1.95 is a beta and was never completed leaving extreme bugginess and which is why all you people end up in simple questions. A-map 1.92 is the better alternative, though to this second a new map editor of happiness is in dev so keep an eye out for it. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7781039&postcount=304
    If you don't take my advice on a-map 1.95 I will not answer you later. Just a warning people. I'm trying to save YOU. :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2016
    Looks like I'm in ver 1.09 of Advancemap and ver 1.0.0 of XSE (I hit update but it said there was no update). Where can I DL the most recent and non-buggy version? If I switch now and load the maps I have made into the newer version, will it mess everything I have done up?

There's a waitmovement command, but is there a wait message command I can put in between those boxes? If not what should I put between the message boxes so I can have all three of them work? There's actually too much text to put in 1 box, that's the first thing I tried.

Sagittarius I copied your code directly out of the spoiler box and what it does is makes him move but not speak at all. I walk up to him to talk, and he does the movement command with no text. I have no idea what's wrong. This is frustrating.

Thanks much for your help!

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Looks like I'm in ver 1.09 of Advancemap and ver 1.0.0 of XSE (I hit update but it said there was no update). Where can I DL the most recent and non-buggy version? If I switch now and load the maps I have made into the newer version, will it mess everything I have done up?

There's a waitmovement command, but is there a wait message command I can put in between those boxes? If not what should I put between the message boxes so I can have all three of them work? There's actually too much text to put in 1 box, that's the first thing I tried.

Sagittarius I copied your code directly out of the spoiler box and what it does is makes him move but not speak at all. I walk up to him to talk, and he does the movement command with no text. I have no idea what's wrong. This is frustrating.

Thanks much for your help!

A-map 1.92 plz: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7781039&postcount=304
    this is why. Link: http://amneu.no-ip.info/
    Xse 1.1.2: https://hotfile.com/dl/202586140/6c40cc1/Unofficial_XSE.zip.html

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2016
    Woot! Downloading that newer version of XSE seemed to work great! Now I'll try to get the disappear code in and get it working. I'm sure I'll be back for more help as I learn. Thanks for all the help!

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Woot! Downloading that newer version of XSE seemed to work great! Now I'll try to get the disappear code in and get it working. I'm sure I'll be back for more help as I learn. Thanks for all the help!

That's what I'm here for. That's what I do. :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2016
    Ok next issue. I've been trying to get the sprite to disappear. Here is the code.
    Spoiler:

He now speaks all of the dialog which is good, and the screen fades when the last msg box closes, and screen comes back, but the guy is still just standing there. Help?

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Ok next issue. I've been trying to get the sprite to disappear. Here is the code.
    Spoiler:

He now speaks all of the dialog which is good, and the screen fades when the last msg box closes, and screen comes back, but the guy is still just standing there. Help?

flag 1 is NOWHERE near safe. It's used by the game engine and is constantly changing. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302347

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back