• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Hi again, I have some question about this script (change map tiles at different time)and marked those as red color:
    Spoiler:

firekoopa

Combat the Infinite
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2020
    Game: Pokémon FireRed v1.0
    Script type: Trigger
    Description: This is supposed to stop you from leaving without a Pokémon. I made it to check if you have the Pokémon menu activated (meaning you have a Pokémon with you), and if you don't, a message will pop up and tell you to go back.

However, I can't seem to get it to work in the game itself. The character just walks over a tile and doesn't react to it whatsoever. Can anyone see the problem?

Spoiler:

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Game: Pokémon FireRed v1.0
    Script type: Trigger
    Description: This is supposed to stop you from leaving without a Pokémon. I made it to check if you have the Pokémon menu activated (meaning you have a Pokémon with you), and if you don't, a message will pop up and tell you to go back.

However, I can't seem to get it to work in the game itself. The character just walks over a tile and doesn't react to it whatsoever. Can anyone see the problem?

Spoiler:

I can see multiple problems already. There are many places where you have either forgotten or just ignored to put release and end. You've also forgotten to out wait movement 0x0 which is to let the applymovement actually happen. My edits are in red.

Another problem you should check out is the actual script tile itself. Look up KarateKid's tutorial on vars, flags and script tiles to understand more about them.

firekoopa

Combat the Infinite
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2020
    I can see multiple problems already. There are many places where you have either forgotten or just ignored to put release and end. You've also forgotten to out wait movement 0x0 which is to let the applymovement actually happen. My edits are in red.

Another problem you should check out is the actual script tile itself. Look up KarateKid's tutorial on vars, flags and script tiles to understand more about them.

Hm... seriously, I don't know how I keep missing these errors. I swear they weren't there before... 0.0

Thanks for telling me about KarateKid's tutorial, that was really helpful! ^^ I managed to get it to work now!

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • Greetings, I am trying to script a level check in my game for a Battle Lodge.
    It freezes at this part: I am checking to see if you have any Pokemon under level 20.
    -----
    Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS) Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)
    -----
    Here is my script. The error PKSV says that "buffernumber" isn't a command!
    But it still compiles.
    ----------
    Spoiler:

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Greetings, I am trying to script a level check in my game for a Battle Lodge.
    It freezes at this part: I am checking to see if you have any Pokemon under level 20.
    -----
    Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS) Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)
    -----
    Here is my script. The error PKSV says that "buffernumber" isn't a command!
    But it still compiles.
    ----------
    Spoiler:

You need to use XSE: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0t2wylmh4juzvux/Unofficial_XSE.zip

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)
    ----- I got it to work by substituting "buffernumber" with storevar" in PKSV
    Which leads mw to my next question, how would I be able to compare the result to a number?
    For instance, knowing that the highest level on my team is 29, the highest can only be 19
    _in order to be allowed into the Battle Lodge.
    In the script, I wrote "What do I put here?" to make it easier to understand my question.
    ----------
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)
    ----- I got it to work by substituting "buffernumber" with storevar" in PKSV
    Which leads mw to my next question, how would I be able to compare the result to a number?
    For instance, knowing that the highest level on my team is 29, the highest can only be 19
    _in order to be allowed into the Battle Lodge.
    In the script, I wrote "What do I put here?" to make it easier to understand my question.
    ----------
    Spoiler:

You'd need to check the levels via asm

Years
  • Hello everyone. I have a question regarding berry trees. I know how to write a script that gives the player a berry when he/she interacts with a tree, but is there a way to make it so that, after a given period of time, the berry returns to the tree and the player can obtain it again?

I realize that this could be done by implementing a day-and-night system, which would require ASM... but would I need to use a day-and-night system or ASM at all? Is there another way?

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Hello everyone. I have a question regarding berry trees. I know how to write a script that gives the player a berry when he/she interacts with a tree, but is there a way to make it so that, after a given period of time, the berry returns to the tree and the player can obtain it again?

I realize that this could be done by implementing a day-and-night system, which would require ASM... but would I need to use a day-and-night system or ASM at all? Is there another way?

If you're doing R/E then just look through the script of an existing berry tree and find out when it decides to spawn berries and make it repeat.
    For FR then you'll have to find a way to implement the whole thing first.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Got a little problem with the following script. Instead of the OW walking upto the player and displaying the text, it almost instantaniously begins as the player steps on the tile with no movement from the OW.

Spoiler:

thetripplenine

tripple.
    Years
  • Got a little problem with the following script. Instead of the OW walking upto the player and displaying the text, it almost instantaniously begins as the player steps on the tile with no movement from the OW.

Spoiler:

I see nothing wrong other then the fact that those raw's are for firered, that picture looks like ruby/emerald, so i'm assuming you put in the wrong raw's.

Try this:

Spoiler:

If you were hacking ruby the raws you were using were delays,

for more info on applymovement check out diegoisawesome's mega huge script tut here.

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • I see nothing wrong other then the fact that those raw's are for firered, that picture looks like ruby/emerald, so i'm assuming you put in the wrong raw's.

Try this:

Spoiler:

for more info on applymovement check out diegoisawesome's mega huge script tut here.

Don't forget that if you're moving an OW it must be within 10 tiles from your current position.

Years
  • I see nothing wrong other then the fact that those raw's are for firered, that picture looks like ruby/emerald, so i'm assuming you put in the wrong raw's.

Try this:

Spoiler:

I noticed you're applying movement to person event number 0x12. That's a pretty high number for a person event in hex (equivalent to 18). I don't know if you have 18 person events on the map, but if you do, and you're applying it to the 18th person, you're fine.

If you mean to apply it to the 12th person event, use 0xC (equivalent to 12 in hex) or just 12 (without the 0x).

So:
    applymovement 0xC @move
    or
    applymovement 12 @move

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2022
    Hello everyone, I'm new to hacking, I'm here because I have a little problem with a value of the "applymovement" command.

Here are the values to do the character running, taken from diegoisawesome tutorial (which is really awesome) :
    Spoiler:

My problem is, with the value 0x44 my character goes down instead of right.
    Does anyone could help me with this ?

Here is a little script for those who want to check by themselves :
    Spoiler:

Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor english.

Edit :
    I'm using a clean fire red rom and my XSE version is 1.11.

After compiling, the raw command appears in the script as :
    #raw 0x44 'Slide Running on Left Foot (Right)
    but it doesn't match with the character behaviour in game.

Last edited:

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • Hello everyone, I'm new to hacking, I'm here because I have a little problem with a value of the "applymovement" command.

Here are the values to do the character running, taken from diegoisawesome tutorial (which is really awesome) :
    Spoiler:

My problem is, with the value 0x44 my character goes down instead of right.
    Does anyone could help me with this ?

Here is a little script for those who want to check by themselves :
    Spoiler:

Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor english.

Edit :
    I'm using a clean fire red rom and my XSE version is 1.11.

After compiling, the raw command appears in the script as :
    #raw 0x44 'Slide Running on Left Foot (Right)
    but it doesn't match with the character behaviour in game.

pretty sure you can't use those raws. those arent the accurate descriptions of them and do not work.

I'm trying to do a script based off getplayerpos where if you're on the spot above the OW and click on him, it'll check your position and say this is up and if you are below him he will say this is down. However, script not working. Anyone see whats wrong?

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2022
    pretty sure you can't use those raws. those arent the accurate descriptions of them and do not work.

I'm trying to do a script based off getplayerpos where if you're on the spot above the OW and click on him, it'll check your position and say this is up and if you are below him he will say this is down. However, script not working. Anyone see whats wrong?

Spoiler:
    Never mind, I figured out that using only thoses raws :
    Spoiler:

give a perfectly smooth running animation.

For your script, I suggest to verify that you have put the right coordinates to compare, or maybe using others variables to store the values, since safe range is considered from 4011, but i really don't know if it matters...
    Or maybe a simple mistake like the offset indication or a var to add if you check with a script event.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • Never mind, I figured out that using only thoses raws :
    Spoiler:

give a perfectly smooth running animation.

For your script, I suggest to verify that you have put the right coordinates to compare, or maybe using others variables to store the values, since safe range is considered from 4011, but i really don't know if it matters...
    Or maybe a simple mistake like the offset indication or a var to add if you check with a script event.

4097 and 4096 worked... woohoo! it was a var prob.

JoeyBaboey

Charmandasaur
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2014
    I was editing the script in Pokemon Firered when the Aide gives you the running shoes, I changed it to the national pokedex(with PKSV-UI and I was also using advancemap) and now when I walk back into the area where the script was, the event triggers again but the scientist isn't there?(This is after the event was done once and the aide walked away) Does anyone know what this is about? This is the edited script(PS I am semi-new to this[i know the basics]) It is already compiled too.
    Spoiler:

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me

Now I have another problem aswell, same game and info btw, I have a man give you charcoal after speaking to you, and if you talk to him again after that, the screen goes red and the game freezes after the text, here is the script: (compiled BTW)
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back